Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:39 AM

Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter (31855 Views)

Money Give Birth To Money. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by skykid86: 8:34pm On Sep 10, 2012
Not to be confused with the popular iPhone app, but a Chicago woman became an "instagram" of sorts when she gave birth to her own daughter's baby.

Cindy Reutzel, 53, gave birth to a healthy baby girl who was conceived using the fertilized egg from her own daughter, Emily Jordan. Reutzel offered carry her daughter's baby after Jordan was diagnosed with cervical cancer in 2010. An operation to remove the cancer meant that Jordan is now unable to have children on her own.

"I can't describe what that was like after finding out you have cancer, after finding out your chance of ever carrying a baby is gone," Jordan said.

"The thought of Emily and Mike not being able to have children and share that piece of their lives with someone just broke my heart," Reutzel said. "I want Emily to have that connection with another human being like I had with her."

So, that's when Reutzel, who hadn't given birth in three decades, offered to help her daughter and Emily's husband Mike, realize their dream of becoming parents.

"What if I carried your baby for you?" Reutzel asked the couple.

"We didn't really think that was a realistic option," Emily told her Mom.

But after both mother and daughter underwent a series of tests, including psychological evaluations, doctors implanted Reutzel's uterus with an embryo created with Emily's egg and Mike's sperm.

Reutzel was subjected to regular medical checkups throughout the unconventional pregnancy and received regular hormonal shots. And when the baby was due, Elle Cynthia Jordan was delivered via cesarean section.

Throughout the pregnancy, people naturally asked Reutzel how "her baby" was doing, but she says she was always quick to inform people that the baby growing inside her was actually her granddaughter.

"This is a continuation of everything that she has done her entire life for me, which is to make sure that I have the best life possible," Jordan said.

And while Reutzel went the extra mile to help her daughter become a mother, Reutzel was quick to note she had her own stake in the process: becoming a grandmother.

"I know I gave a gift," she says. "But I'm also getting so much in return."

http://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/news/blogs/sideshow/grandmother-gives-birth-daughter-baby-190924900.html?.b=index&.ts=1347305214&.tsrc=yahoo&.intl=US&.lang=en

3 Likes

Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by Yello1(m): 10:55pm On Sep 10, 2012
things are really happening,end time i guess

2 Likes

Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by Ehimax(m): 10:56pm On Sep 10, 2012
With science is line nothing is imposible, cant wait to see germ cell therapy in practice.
Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by moshmusth(m): 10:56pm On Sep 10, 2012
Oyinbo!!! Sometimes am happy I was born an African because been an African open yiur eye to taboo, what should be done, what is just and what's not.
Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by Morgan1092(m): 10:57pm On Sep 10, 2012
Oyibo no go kill pesin oo. Mayb Emily tuk 2much of G.A.RRI..UM oxide.

1 Like

Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by Ehimax(m): 10:58pm On Sep 10, 2012
*Like* writing wit sleepy eyes
Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by follyfash85: 10:59pm On Sep 10, 2012
Oh!...what a mother!.....she just want her daughter 2 be happy.

13 Likes

Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 10, 2012
Yello1: things are really happening,end time i guess

End time indeed, ediot

32 Likes

Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by dasparrow: 11:01pm On Sep 10, 2012
@Post

Hmmmmmm. I guess the grandmother did what she had to do to become a grandmother and give her daughter a chance of becoming a biological mother. Kudos to her!

11 Likes

Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by HayZee06(m): 11:01pm On Sep 10, 2012
Oh! Dats so kind of d mother, bt I wonder who d child would resemble
Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 10, 2012
mosh_musth: Oyinbo!!! Sometimes am happy I was born an African because been an African open yiur eye to taboo, what should be done, what is just and what's not.

U better evolve

3 Likes

Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by Dotman01(m): 11:02pm On Sep 10, 2012
shocked Speechless

1 Like

Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 10, 2012
It is the lord's doing and marvelous in our eyes!

1 Like

Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by Afrocatalyst: 11:05pm On Sep 10, 2012
I see nothing bad in it. Wharf a wonderful mom she is... Though, that is if she doesn't have the intention of straffing the son in law cos these oyinbos sef.... Hmmm
Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 10, 2012
SMH
Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by adonisyung(m): 11:06pm On Sep 10, 2012
Must everyting n̶̲̥̅̊w в̍̍̍̍̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ endtime? Gush I hate christains dat behave like stack illitrates,,and U̶̲̥̅̊ can only find these set of ppl in nigeria(no rum for devp)things are advancing not endtime please and в̍̍̍̍̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ happi for it or die an acient human

2 Likes

Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by nonylove: 11:06pm On Sep 10, 2012
touching...
Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 10, 2012
SURROGACY

2 Likes

Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by natureem: 11:14pm On Sep 10, 2012
Just a prove that technology rule d world[color=#006600][/color] cheesy
Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by 2gbasky22(m): 11:14pm On Sep 10, 2012
this is seriouse......a child with three parents

weew!.......oyinbo nor go kill person

1 Like

Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by iamtheprincipal: 11:16pm On Sep 10, 2012
Only a 'good' mother could go this far to helping out her daughter in dare need of a Child.
God bless all good mothers.

9 Likes

Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by DeWisedon(m): 11:18pm On Sep 10, 2012
I wonderoo.bt all dis tins na fake.d gal no even enjoy wetin dem dey do 2 get pikin
Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by sapien(m): 11:23pm On Sep 10, 2012
WTF!
Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by BBM: 11:23pm On Sep 10, 2012
And what am i supposed to reply to this? i hope this is not the point @ which i'm expected to ask *HOW DOES THIS AFFECT THE PRICE OF THAT-WHICH-MUST-NOT-BE-MENTIONED? undecided

1 Like

Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by hustla242: 11:26pm On Sep 10, 2012
adonisyung: Must everyting n̶̲̥̅̊w в̍̍̍̍̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ endtime? Gush I hate christains dat behave like stack illitrates,,and U̶̲̥̅̊ can only find these set of ppl in nigeria(no rum for devp)things are advancing not endtime please and в̍̍̍̍̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ happi for it or die an acient human

Oh boy you take sty finish english language oh. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by omenziate(m): 11:26pm On Sep 10, 2012
Is this like a surrogate mother or something cuz d tori scatter for my head.
Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by DeCleff(m): 11:26pm On Sep 10, 2012
Ehimax: With science is line nothing is imposible, cant wait to see germ cell therapy in practice.
POINT OF CORRECTION

SAY WITH GOD NOTHING SHALL BE IMPOSSIBLE!

1 Like

Re: Woman Gives Birth To Her Granddaughter by Kslib(m): 11:27pm On Sep 10, 2012
femary___: What is the meaning of what you just said now?
It's a code mere mortals like you can not understand. So don't try harder...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

First Anti-Aging Pills To Hit Shelves In 2028, Expert Predicts / 5 Planets to Line Up In The Sky In Rare Space Showcase ( Pics) / Asteroid To Pass Close To Earth On Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.