₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1,926,642 members, 3,964,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 12 December 2017 at 11:34 AM

Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? (41431 Views)

Poll: UBA Bank Is:

A good bank: 25% (74 votes)
A bad bank: 74% (217 votes)
This poll has ended

GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With / Worst Bank In Nigeria / Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by tflow: 1:58am On Jan 09, 2008
Hello my fellow nairalanders,

I thought of the best bank in Nigeria, but couldn't figure out which bank happens to be the best. But as for me most banks have the qualities of good banking.

UBA is one of the most useless, stupid, crazy, flawed, dishearten, unjust bank have ever seen in my entire life. I was robbed of a lot of money from UBA just because my account was not domiciled in Lagos.

I applied for a cheque book, so i wasn't around, and they have it destroyed just because i didn't come for it on time, and i was charged for it, and i will also be charged if i'm to apply for another one. Other Banks will always notify their customer whenever their cheque book is ready.

They stopped people from trading forex with their bank just because the bank also trade on forex (crazy lol). There workers are so rude and arrogant. They are not customer friendly.

In fact I can't finish talking about what they have done to me and so many people that I know. Guys please beware of UBA - useless bank!
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by cheexy: 1:43pm On Jan 09, 2008
I totally agree with you. UBA is pretty messed up. They charge for deposits and withdrawal from savings accounts. I always get worried whenever i have to go there to cash any cheque. The staff act like they are doing you a favour.
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by micklplus(m): 10:38am On Jan 10, 2008
I have heard lot of things about UBA . Fortunately, i was treated so well when i went to make payment for my Visa and i was like , this coming from UBA !!!! but, i think UBA is in bad book of most people cuz what i have heard about UBA is nothing to write home about.
Cheers
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by jtkoko9(f): 10:45am On Jan 10, 2008
i quite agree with u, ve been bankin with UBA since God know when. Altho it was formally Standard trust bank b4 d merger. i had to relocate to intercontinental recently. the most annoyn thing is they are not only loosin their customers but also their staffs.
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by switpea(f): 10:52am On Jan 10, 2008
micklplus:

I have heard lot of things about UBA . Fortunately, i was treated so well when i went to make payment for my Visa and i was like , this coming from UBA !!!! but, i think UBA is in bad book of most people because what i have heard about UBA is nothing to write home about.
Cheers

@micklplus, did u hear urself? you went to pay for VISA!!! ah, they have to treat u well because no be small money u wan put for their bank. i think you are one in 20,000 customers that they treat well. that bank should be scrapped for their trouble with everything.
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by emmydee(m): 11:00am On Jan 10, 2008
hhmmmmmmm, u guys are just realizing this UBA thing now. about 6 months ago, i was shouting here on this platform about UBA's stealing habit. In fact, Seun had to ban me because of d way I was shouting. Am shocked to find out that nairalanders still bank with them till now. You haven't seen anything yet. UBA will steal you dry.
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by larekey(m): 11:03am On Jan 10, 2008
i used to work in UBA and i can sincerely tell u this, that bank is hopeless i'm not saying this because i'm no longer there i'm just stating the fact. before the merger UBA itself was not paying it's workers much but at least it was a happy environmment and the there was job security but as soon as the STB people came everything changed their first agenda was to sack all the experienced UBA staff and replace them with OND holders so as not to pay more. and not to say that u could come to work one morning and find out that u no longer have a job. when the retrenched people late last year do you know that they did not even have the courtesy to write them and inform them, what they did was to log them out of the system so wen the affected staffs came to work the next day and tried to login the system logged them out and wen they called their infotech it was only for them to be told that they had been sacked. infact that bank needs new management i could go on and on and on about UBA, but i'd just advice anybody that banks with them to please close their accounts now before it's too late
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by yimiton(f): 11:36am On Jan 10, 2008
I only bank with them and don't know about their internal structure. I also haven't noticed the stealing habit probably because I don't really keep a close eye on my account. I use ATM a lot, withdraw and just walk away.
The only thing I can say is that the customer relation is very poor.

Too bad, the management should wake up to their responsibility and do something otherwise, the bank is doomed without future.
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 10, 2008
Never really liked UBA had a bad experience with them almost turned me to a begger in a town where i didnt know anyone yet i had alot of money in my Account,My saving Grace was that i remebered that i had openned an account with ETB and left some small money there. Immediately i got back to my base i closed my account and havenot looked back since. Good luck to UBA customers.
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by ogrebuga(m): 11:47am On Jan 10, 2008
Horrible Customer Relations. tongue
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by nightnurse(f): 11:49am On Jan 10, 2008
I thought i was alone in this kind of thought b4 now, UBA is the worst bank I ve ever seen too, everything about them is annoying, talk abt their "customer care" they are just disgusting, i had to close the acct i have with them since last yr because they are not worth banking with honestly
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by ibrahiem(m): 11:51am On Jan 10, 2008
supported.I have one in da hamlet where i school.u won't want to hear how they render their sevices.may God help,amin
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by moreshow(m): 11:56am On Jan 10, 2008
THE BANK WAS ONCE OWNS BY MAN (NAMEWITHELD) cos he was having the largest share, he saced all the old blood in the bank and employed the fresh bloods hoping that that would enhance the efficiency of the bank but the reverse was teh case. The man forgot that the old would have to think of the task ahead of them adn the families they left at home engineering them to work wholeheartedly unlike the fresh blood that are only concern aout how to make millions in a week and ride HUMMER within twinke of an eye.
This and many more are the problems with UBA, infact as an engineer and an undergraduate student, If am been paid with UBA cheque, i rather not go their myself cos i will blast them off cos i know the are 0% customer friendly
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by Bblak(f): 12:00pm On Jan 10, 2008
UBA is highly useless.I'm not sorry for my use of words

I'm about to be duped of #20,000 naira through their ATM debit card.I tried withdrawing #20,000 thru my ATM card but the machine told me that the transacton is processing but no money came out of the machine only to find out that #20,000 has been deducted from my account despite their ATM not paying me.I've complained but i'm being asked to come back for over 2 months now.The earlier they improve on their service the better for them.

No criticism, just a candid advice. lipsrsealed
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by Kissmyass1(m): 12:05pm On Jan 10, 2008
larekey:

i used to work in UBA and i can sincerely tell u this, that bank is hopeless i'm not saying this because i'm no longer there i'm just stating the fact. before the merger UBA itself was not paying it's workers much but at least it was a happy environmment and the there was job security but as soon as the STB people came everything changed their first agenda was to sack all the experienced UBA staff and replace them with OND holders so as not to pay more. and not to say that u could come to work one morning and find out that u no longer have a job. when the retrenched people late last year do you know that they did not even have the courtesy to write them and inform them, what they did was to log them out of the system so when the affected staffs came to work the next day and tried to login the system logged them out and when they called their infotech it was only for them to be told that they had been sacked. infact that bank needs new management i could go on and on and on about UBA, but i'd just advice anybody that banks with them to please close their accounts now before it's too late

Thanks for the expose. The first time I went to that bank to pay money into somebody's account I swore never to associate myself in any  minuscule way with them. I actually went to two UBA branches before I managed to pay the money after they wasted eternity of my time.
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by mendax: 12:16pm On Jan 10, 2008
may be ppl complaining about UBA so vehemently havent had the misfortune of transactin with UNITY Bank!!!
i think they are worse off
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by chidipupay(m): 12:18pm On Jan 10, 2008
I have many bad xpirence with them and i will start posting it little by little.
1.The worst of it was when i went to thier branch in Nsukka,Gwad i had to walk their from my offcamp.Odim.i wasn't having any money on me then. And also i wanted to pay my school fee. You will not believe this. I got to the bank with the usual standing and when it was almost my turn, Nepa took the light. we were waiting hoping they will put on their gen But nothing. They said they did not have gen. A whole bank. I waited for an hour because another branch is far and it not on camp. After 1hr30min nepa brought the light. And by then we i have given then my passport becos the md asked then to use his laptop. so when they brought the light the normal rushing started i was thinking i will be the first to attend to But nothing i had to wait for like about 40min for the crowd to reduce. and i was angry by so i asked the casher of my passport to my suprise he left it somewhere. which they started looking after they saw it. He was so slow to pay me. and when he did pay me you cannot believe that this stupid guy gave 10,000naira in 20naira denomination. took 4,000 and asked him to check 6,000 to higher denomination he refused. I did not want to create more show i had to take the money like that. I have lot of bad expirence there, I will keep posting them
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by ndubest(m): 12:20pm On Jan 10, 2008
UBA cheesy cheesy cheesy

wake up guys

How do you think they declare all this Billions of profit every quarter sad sad sad sad

forget about customer services and check what is happening in your account ( as you withdraw, they collect their own share cheesy cheesy)

for savings account,

you are charged N105 for "every" withdrawal you make outside your domicile branch (ie the branch where you opened the account)

you are charge N5 for "every" thousand for withdrawals above N50 000 (in saving account oooooooooo shocked shocked shocked)

for current account

In short i don't want to go there at aaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllll
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by AK123(m): 12:26pm On Jan 10, 2008
UBA from my own standpoint is a terrible bank, a very good time waster,if you have some time to burn just make the mistake of entering that God forsaken bank for any transaction.sometimes i wonder why people arethere when there are other better banks.the bank is totally useless,
1.bad customer service
2.rowdy banking hall
3. ill mannered staff  why wont they be ill mannered when they are paid so poorly
can you imagine a bank that pays a staff in operations as meagre as less than 30000 after deductions
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by ndubest(m): 12:28pm On Jan 10, 2008
@chidipupay

you waka from ODIM reach UBA  grin grin grin. that one na suffer no be small oooo
come spend hours there  sad sad

consider intercontinental, i think they are on campus now

take heart cheesy cheesy
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by kolahinmi(m): 12:34pm On Jan 10, 2008
Hi all,
I will agree with u guys that UBA is one of the worst so also is Oceanic and Unoin Bank.The one I personally hate with all vigour is Oceanic Bank,they dont have good customer relations and full of fradualent tactics.I recently just had to withdraw all my money from them due to this attitude of theirs.
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by chukz4real(m): 12:41pm On Jan 10, 2008
I suppose the best bank in Nigeria presently is GTBank. I bank with them, though one IT staff pissed me up when I applied for ATM stuff. I dealt with her by simplyin puttin on my laptop and reportin the entire branch to their Lagos HQ. When the PH management heard about it, they almost terminated the little gals job and she apologised greatly.

GTBank is cool but their ATM can be somethin else sometimes,
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by shawn123: 12:50pm On Jan 10, 2008
MY FELLOW NAIRALANDERS, DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH UBA. CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT AND GO TO GTB, THATS WHAT I DID. CUSTOMER RELATIONS EXCELLENT INFACT THEY TREAT YOU LIKE KING, THERE IDEAS ARE JUST GREAT!!!!!! UBA HORRIBLE THAT IS THE WORD, SIMPLY HORRIBOLE
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by cooldude62(m): 1:21pm On Jan 10, 2008
chukz4real:

I suppose the best bank in Nigeria presently is GTBank. I bank with them, though one IT staff pissed me up when I applied for ATM stuff. I dealt with her by simplyin puttin on my laptop and reportin the entire branch to their Lagos HQ. When the PH management heard about it, they almost terminated the little gals job and she apologised greatly.

GTBank is cool but their ATM can be somethin else sometimes,

grin grin grin
the gurl for go village for you!!!
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by Gettolove(m): 1:54pm On Jan 10, 2008
guys please take am easy o. UBA na my client o and this na www.

I copied the previous thread on this same bank and droped it @ thier corporate head office last year, i also made copies available to some top shots of the bank. I wonder what culture is being cultivated in the bank.

it's really sad
I hope they change
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by uchetobi(f): 1:57pm On Jan 10, 2008
Iv been banking with UBA for almost two years now (SALARY ACCOUNT) and I can honestly say I have no issue with them, they’v been great so far
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by Raimond(m): 2:24pm On Jan 10, 2008
I don`t own an acc. with them but my sis and my cousin do.As at the last time i checked, my cousin had gone to open a Zenith Bank Acc. cos he felt that UBA really sucked!!!!!
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by niceuzor: 2:30pm On Jan 10, 2008
WTF is wrong with this UBA Bank. angry
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2008
Gbim! UBA takes Gold and Silver for the most useless bank in Nigeria! they have the worst customer service and the banking halls are always crowded. They basically ignore customers that are unaware of services they render.

UBA is the personification of a white washed tomb.

Tony Enumelu has bright ideas but he has the most unknowledgeable staff working under him. I know a few microfinance banks that deliver better service.
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by sagitarius(m): 2:50pm On Jan 10, 2008
I totally agree with d poster. i mean just 2day i went 2 UBA in Wuse 2 & i was so disgusted at d way they were treatin their customers. right from d door, d security attendant there was just addressin customers like they were comin 2 beg 4 money, i just culdn't understand! i mean someone is comin 2 make a transaction in ur bank & ure actin like ure doin he/she a favour, thats totally crazy I won't advise anyone 2 open an account with them,i'll even lead d way by closin mine!
Hit d hammer
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by Kemjisuper(m): 3:08pm On Jan 10, 2008
I haven't really had the chance to experience all these flaws. I only use their UBA xchange card. But I do remember one or two occasions where their ATM were emptyin at least 2 branches! Had to complete my transaction in another bank but the N100 commission was worth all the sh!t I'd been put through.

Cheers
Re: Beware Of UBA: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? by ndubest(m): 3:13pm On Jan 10, 2008
Gettolove:

guys please take am easy o. UBA na my client o and this na www.

I copied the previous thread on this same bank and droped it @ their corporate head office last year, i also made copies available to some top shots of the bank. I wonder what culture is being cultivated in the bank.

it's really sad
I hope they change

HHHMMMMMMM

since last year and they are yet to change

may be u can advice them to log on nairaland and see what customers are saying about their services
or copy this thread and send to them again ( if they will ever change )

before they brag of many online branches

most banks have the same now, so the advantage is gone

the rip off is much

I WONDER what CBN is even doing about this

control of these abuses should be their mandate

Just like NCC is trying to do with the GSM operators

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Naira To Dollar Exchange Rate As At 1983 (Pictured) / New Prices Of Kerosene Across States In Nigeria 2017 / Checkout Made In Aba Products Made By Local Manufacturers (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.