Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,452 members, 7,808,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (877447 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 13, 2014
teegurl2:
Hello Doctor, please can Augmentin cure staph.
well, I'm not sure if augumentin is indicated in the treatment of staph infection. So I doubt it can cure or treat staph infection effectively!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Yetoonde24: 1:56pm On Oct 14, 2014
Marc9:
well, I'm not sure if augumentin is indicated in the treatment of staph infection. So I doubt it can cure or treat staph infection effectively!
pls can u prescribe any antibiotics for me? Thanks. God bless.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 14, 2014
Yetoonde24:
pls can u prescribe any antibiotics for me? Thanks. God bless.
I'm so sorry dear, I can't do that! It's unethical! I mean, it's not ideal Rx drugs online. And you shouldn't take or get Rxs online from anyone.

If I may ask, what exactly do you want antibiotics for?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 2:51pm On Oct 14, 2014
@marc9, good job u re doing here. kp it up.
I think the arrangement @alawokit was referring to concerning AS/AS couples is amniocentesis
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 14, 2014
tchiwinnie:
@marc9, good job u re doing here. kp it up.
I think the arrangement @alawokit was referring to concerning AS/AS couples is amniocentesis
Thanks!

Well if what she meant by church arrangement was amniocentesis, then it's unlikely to happen. Amniocentesis would only be allowed in countries where medical/induced AB is legal.

Let's assume amniocentesis was done, blood sample was obtained successfully and the genotype of the foetus ascertained as 'SS', the idea of such would be to terminate the foetus. But since 'AB' is illegal here in Nigeria, what's the point of amniocentesis?!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 3:16pm On Oct 14, 2014
Marc9:
Thanks!

Well if what she meant by church arrangement was amniocentesis, then it's unlikely to happen. Amniocentesis would only be allowed in countries where medical/induced AB is legal.

Let's assume amniocentesis was done, blood sample was obtained successfully and the genotype of the foetus ascertained as 'SS', the idea of such would be to terminate the foetus. But since 'AB' is illegal here in Nigeria, what's the point of amniocentesis?!

yea! exactly. bt sm pple dont even undstd fully wot amniocentesis is, they just hear there s such option.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 14, 2014
tchiwinnie:
yea! exactly. bt sm pple dont even undstd fully wot amniocentesis is, they just hear there s such option.
Well, I guess it's misinformation.

But then, AS/AS compactibility stil buoys down to probability. I've seen couples risk it and got healthy kids. Though they took risks on that.

The point is, people shouldn't risk what they can't afford to lose. And shouldn't risk blindly.

For couples who found out about their genotypic incompactibility at later stage, and wouldn't want to let go of each other can agree to opt for 'AID'... Artificial Insemination Donors who are 'AA', in having healthy kids! Most times, family members like the brother or sister of the couples are recommended for such alternative!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Redeemed(f): 5:00pm On Oct 14, 2014
@ marc9, thank you for a job weldone on this thread. I have been trying to conceive for over three years now but all to no avail. I've observed that i don't see egg white cervical mucus but spot around mid cycle. How can i correct this. Thank you as i await your response.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 14, 2014
Redeemed:
@ marc9, thank you for a job weldone on this thread. I have been trying to conceive for over three years now but all to no avail. I've observed that i don't see egg white cervical mucus but spot around mid cycle. How can i correct this. Thank you as i await your response.
Ma'am, I'll need to know if you observe your menstruation regularly? Does it flow an average of three days? Have you ever been diagnosed with ovarian cyst or PCOS?

Please reply asap!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Redeemed(f): 8:31pm On Oct 14, 2014
@Marc9, thank you for your quick response. I have a cycle of 26days which is so consistent and do have a regular flow of 5 to 6days. I have neither been diagnosed with PCOS nor Ovarian cyst.
Sometimes last year i was diagnosed of high prolactin and i was placed on bromocriptine, dusphaston and clomid, after three months of medications, the prolactin level was reduced but still spot midcycle and I have not even conceived for once. Am so depressed.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by joybik(f): 9:09pm On Oct 14, 2014
@Marc9 pls how big is a focal fibroid mass of 27 by 36mm. Scan says its outside the uterus and the doc said its not supposed to hinder conception. I've been ttc for 2yrs + though was male infertility issue initially, but my scan result last month showed the fibroid and anovulation. My cycle is always 28days and rarely 29/27. I've not noticed any change apart from feeling something hard when I put my finger inside the v, just before the cer.vix. It gets soft when I rub it a bit but when I rub hard, it gets strong again like its moving. The male issue is ok now with count of 37m and motility of 58%. Morphology is also good. So what the doc suggested was to induce ovulation in my next cycle but I've read too much on clomid and don't want the fibroid to get more than it is now. Please what's your honest opinion?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 14, 2014
Redeemed:
@Marc9, thank you for your quick response. I have a cycle of 26days which is so consistent and do have a regular flow of 5 to 6days. I have neither been diagnosed with PCOS nor Ovarian cyst.
Sometimes last year i was diagnosed of high prolactin and i was placed on bromocriptine, dusphaston and clomid, after three months of medications, the prolactin level was reduced but still spot midcycle and I have not even conceived for once. Am so depressed.
Ma'am, I'l also need to know how old you are.

But from what you quoted, I believe the reason you hardly observed the ovulation discharge/mucus was because of the high prolactin level. Prolactin tend to inhibit the secretion of FSH/LH, estrogen, and as well as progesterone.
And when you were placed on those drugs, your prolactin level bromocriptine, duphaston, and clomid, your prolactin level may have dropped below normal value, but these drugs tend to have adverse effects.

At this point, I'l have to recommend hormonal profiling. That will give us an idea which of the hormone(s) is under or over-secreting.

But then, if you menstruate regularly, then it's most likely you ovulate as well(despite the mid-cycle spot). The problem might just be unsuccessful implantation.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 14, 2014
joybik:
@Marc9 pls how big is a focal fibroid mass of 27 by 36mm. Scan says its outside the uterus and the doc said its not supposed to hinder conception. I've been ttc for 2yrs + though was male infertility issue initially, but my scan result last month showed the fibroid and anovulation. My cycle is always 28days and rarely 29/27. I've not noticed any change apart from feeling something hard when I put my finger inside the v, just before the cer.vix. It gets soft when I rub it a bit but when I rub hard, it gets strong again like its moving. The male issue is ok now with count of 37m and motility of 58%. Morphology is also good. So what the doc suggested was to induce ovulation in my next cycle but I've read too much on clomid and don't want the fibroid to get more than it is now. Please what's your honest opinion?
Ma'am, 27 by 36mm means the leiomyoma is insignificantly large, and it's serosal or subserosal fibroid. It shouldn't hinder conception.

About the anovulation, well, if you menstruate normally, then it means you ovulate as well. I can't put together how the scan diagnosed you with anovulation.
Clomid on the other hand is used to induce ovulation, but that's for ladies who are anovulatory, such as menopausal ladies, or nursing mothers. It shouldn't be taken for long, as it could cause multiple ovulation

About what you felt when you inserted your fingers, clearly that wasn't the fibroid. You can hardly reach the fibroid with your finger. What you felt was likely the groove around the cervix and deep end of the vag*na. When you rubbed it, the Pubococcygeal muscles contracted, giving it a hard texture.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by joybik(f): 11:14pm On Oct 14, 2014
Marc9:
Ma'am, 27 by 36mm means the leiomyoma is insignificantly large, and it's serosal or subserosal fibroid. It shouldn't hinder conception.

About the anovulation, well, if you menstruate normally, then it means you ovulate as well. I can't put together how the scan diagnosed you with anovulation.
Clomid on the other hand is used to induce ovulation, but that's for ladies who are anovulatory, such as menopausal ladies, or nursing mothers. It shouldn't be taken for long, as it could cause multiple ovulation

About what you felt when you inserted your fingers, clearly that wasn't the fibroid. You can hardly reach the fibroid with your finger. What you felt was likely the groove around the cervix and deep end of the vag*na. When you rubbed it, the Pubococcygeal muscles contracted, giving it a hard texture.
ok. Thanks. Though I suspected late ovulation for the month as I later had ovulation signs so i'm not giving up yet. I think I may have to watch my body for some time more before any induction or what ever the doc calls it. The scan was done on cd12 and he said there was no dominant follicle seen. But on cd17 I had the side pain I usually have around my ovulation when monitored and I've noticed its same day I have the pain that my opk usually show positive. Let me see how the cycle goes anyway. About the hard part, its not inside, its towards the outer upper part, and before the cer.vix. That is, if I push the finger a little bit, the back of my finger would be lying on the cer.vix. Sorry for the raw language, just want to be sure its nothing serious. And again, I was prescribed ciprotab just before my last cycle. I was scared of taking it and wanted to confirm bfn before any drug, so when the period started, I started on it a day after for 7days with another drug I can't remember the name, and another for insert(treating staph and candidiasis). Could these have had any effect on the ovulation ot my cycle? My doc says not all antibiotic affect mens. cycle, but wasn't specific on this.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 14, 2014
joybik:
ok. Thanks. Though I suspected late ovulation for the month as I later had ovulation signs so i'm not giving up yet. I think I may have to watch my body for some time more before any induction or what ever the doc calls it. The scan was done on cd12 and he said there was no dominant follicle seen. But on cd17 I had the side pain I usually have around my ovulation when monitored and I've noticed its same day I have the pain that my opk usually show positive. Let me see how the cycle goes anyway. About the hard part, its not inside, its towards the outer upper part, and before the cer.vix. That is, if I push the finger a little bit, the back of my finger would be lying on the cer.vix. Sorry for the raw language, just want to be sure its nothing serious. And again, I was prescribed ciprotab just before my last cycle. I was scared of taking it and wanted to confirm bfn before any drug, so when the period started, I started on it a day after for 7days with another drug I can't remember the name, and another for insert(treating staph and candidiasis). Could these have had any effect on the ovulation ot my cycle? My doc says not all antibiotic affect mens. cycle, but wasn't specific on this.
Now I get it clearer. You have an active case of UTI, and you were or you are on antibiotics.

Well, quite a lot of UTIs/STIs can hinder the chances of conception. The pathophysiology simply involves the infection disrupting normal balance of hormones, just the same way antibiotics disrupt hormonal balance.

Ma'am, the fact you menstruate clearly indicates you ovulate as well. The infections(Staph and Candidiasis) are most likely responsible for your inconceivability.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by santagelo25(m): 6:50am On Oct 15, 2014
Hello Doc Marc9...From your last answer,does it mean that a woman with moderate Staph and Candidiasis is likely to face the challenge of childbearing? She ovulates and menstruate normally..Can the man(husband) be infected as a result of the staph and candida?
@Joybik,please what did your DH use to improve his count?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Redeemed(f): 8:42am On Oct 15, 2014
@Marc9, i really appreciate your good work, God bless and attend to you in Jesus name. I'm 34 years old. Based on what you said that since i have a consistent menstrual cycle it's most liked i ovulate, a doctor advised that i should go for laparascopy to probe further the cause of not achieving pregnancy. Searched for a lab in Lagos where i can do it but didn't get, the only place i know they do it said that the test goes for 350k.
God should help every woman trying to conceive in Jesus name.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 15, 2014
Redeemed:

@Marc9, i really appreciate your good work, God bless and attend to you in Jesus name. I'm 34 years old. Based on what you said that since i have a consistent menstrual cycle it's most liked i ovulate, a doctor advised that i should go for laparascopy to probe further the cause of not achieving pregnancy. Searched for a lab in Lagos where i can do it but didn't get, the only place i know they do it said that the test goes for 350k.

I still believe the problem is hormonal distortion. Instead of spending huge on laparoscopic probe, it's advisable to run hormonal profile. The high prolactin in your system clearly points out why you're finding it difficult to conceive.

Also, your psychological state could be hindering your chances of conception. Depression(mental stress) can hinder hormonal balance. So I'll advise you stop thinking too much. Try not to get depressed please.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Perpetual459: 10:07am On Oct 15, 2014
@redeemed u ve tried medically to conceive bt good result has nt come,why can't u look up onto God who gives without stress?since u ve a normal menstral cycle and u re taking ur medication relax u shall ve ur children soonest.I ve heard testimonies of a woman without womb given birth and another woman of 55yrs who stopped menstrating 5yrs ago and still gave in 2013 so madam anxiety at times delays conception but I believe within me dat u shall conceive soonest,u can even start buying ur baby things now cos we shall celebrate wit u very soon.take ur medications and ve faith in God.It is well
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 15, 2014
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 15, 2014
Redeemed:

I still believe the problem is hormonal distortion. Instead of spending huge on laparoscopic probe, it's advisable to run hormonal profile. The high prolactin in your system clearly points out why you're finding it difficult to conceive.

Also, your psychological state could be hindering your chances of conception. Depression(mental stress) can hinder hormonal balance. So I'll advise you stop thinking too much. Try not to get depressed please.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Redeemed(f): 11:53am On Oct 15, 2014
@Marc9, am so grateful, thank you for your response and advice s, i will do the hormonal profiling.

@Perpetual459, i say amen to your prayers, trusting God to give you the good news. I appreciate, God bless you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by joybik(f): 7:33am On Oct 16, 2014
@Marc9 ok. thanks so much. will follow up on the ovulation since they've confirmed I'm free from the infections for now. At least none was indicated on the last result. Thanks once more
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 16, 2014
joybik:
ok. thanks so much. will follow up on the ovulation since they've confirmed I'm free from the infections for now. At least none was indicated on the last result. Thanks once more
You're welcome!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by joybik(f): 8:10am On Oct 16, 2014
@santagelo25 its long story bro. Trial and error. Used lots of supplements. Fertilaid, motility and count boost, Korean ginseng, aloe vera capsule, garlic capsule, vit E. Took one bottle of trevo at the beginning. Couldn't buy more due to the cost. He also used ACV for the first month of the treatment. Then continued with the rest for the remaining 2 months becos the ACV kept reducing his weight or so we thought. Takes pap with honey at least 3times a week. This was suggested by my mum and neighbour nurse. All these coupled with diet adjustment and Prayers did the wonders. He's still on the supplements but no more regular

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Kasykel(f): 8:43am On Oct 16, 2014
Sorry to bother you but please can the headache be related to the whole process?
Marc9:
You're welcome!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 16, 2014
santagelo25:
Hello Doc Marc9...From your last answer,does it mean that a woman with moderate Staph and Candidiasis is likely to face the challenge of childbearing? She ovulates and menstruate normally..Can the man(husband) be infected as a result of the staph and candida?
@Joybik,please what did your DH use to improve his count?
Moderate shouldn't affect the chances, but could pose as risk factor in spontaneous AB. On the other, heavy could affect/hinder the chances of conception!

And yes, the man can contract Staph saprophyticus and Candida albican sexually, and that could pathologically affect sperm production in him.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 16, 2014
Kasykel:
Sorry to bother you but please can the headache be related to the whole process?
The headache is likely related to anaemia. You actually bled and lost quite an amount of blood, that might have made you anaemic. One of the symptoms of anaemia is persistent headache, as well as dizziness. Didn't you get the blood builder I recommended?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by adebomiiii: 9:47am On Oct 16, 2014
Gd morning doc, pls am having serious problem with my menstruation. Am suppose to see it on13th and it came but very lite the issue now is that am having all d symptoms that i normally have during menstruation but the blood is not coming out. What shuld i do sir
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 16, 2014
adebomiiii:
Gd morning doc, pls am having serious problem with my menstruation. Am suppose to see it on13th and it came but very lite the issue now is that am having all d symptoms that i normally have during menstruation but the blood is not coming out. What shuld i do sir
Well, your menstruation is likely delayed. The spot u observed on the 13th, and the symptoms you're observing now are likely PMS related. One of the factors likely responsible for your menstrual delay is high stress level, though other factors like drugs could also be responsible.

So, if you're not on any medication, just relax your mind, cut down on stress, eat fruits and vegetables, sleep sound, rest more, and your menstruation will become regular!

You'll likely observe your flow before the week runs out!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by santagelo25(m): 10:49am On Oct 16, 2014
@Joybik...Thanks for your response..I appreciate it alot.I am sure others will benefit from your response.I wish you speedy BFP and stressfree 9months.

@Marc9...Thanks for your reply..I actually want to clarify and be sure it has nothing to me going through sperm count issue.Before,i decided to get married to my wife,a girl took in for me but had to remove it because i was not ready then.Even while i was in school.
But i have gone for SA test and culture..There was no trace of infection in me except the zero sperm count...

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 16, 2014
santagelo25:
@Joybik...Thanks for your response..I appreciate it alot.I am sure others will benefit from your response.I wish you speedy BFP and stressfree 9months.

@Marc9...Thanks for your reply..I actually want to clarify and be sure it has nothing to me going through sperm count issue.Before,i decided to get married to my wife,a girl took in for me but had to remove it because i was not ready then.Even while i was in school.
But i have gone for SA test and culture..There was no trace of infection in me except the zero sperm count...
Azoospermia? Your case is azoospermia? Jeez! That's critical you know! It means you're nt producing sperm at all. Your semen contains no sperm.

You should consult a gynecologist in person for help!

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.