Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,759 members, 7,798,539 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (876288 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Lordavmercy: 11:34pm On Oct 22, 2014
Hi doctors/gynaes pls I need som explanation on dis:I've started d full fertility treatment after 2yrs5months of ttc. My gynae placed me on clomid 50mg frm cd 2-6 and transvaginal follicular tracking frm cd 10,12,14,16. I had PCOS frm d recent hormonal-pro. result. Pls is there anything to do wit dis thyroid result?(t3-2.0, t4-97.1 and TSH-7.01) because my gynae says its normal but am nt satisfied wit dt. 2ndly,pls can I use other supplement/vitamins(maca supplement,vitaminE,zinc) with or after clomid?
3rdly,hope clomid will nt cause any damage to my fallopain tubes(lik tubal pregnnancy and oda side effects)?
Lastly,why gynaes/docs. doesn't prescribe supplement and vitamins e.g fertile aid,pregnacare conceptn etc dan those chemical drugs/injections while some pharmacists does? Expecting ur favourable ans. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 23, 2014
evankelly123:
hello doc, have gone for the HSG and it reads: CONTROL FILM-Within normal range.CONTRAST FILM-the outlined uterine canal cavity appeared normal.however both fallopian tubes were outlined&demonstrated and showed evidence of peritoned spill of the medium..CONCLusion: Patent bilateral tubes.Did also hormonal test and it reads: FSH 120.0m.iu/ml, LH 17.0m.iu/ml, Prolactin 28.0ng/ml, Progesterone 7.5ng/ml,TSH 0.5uu/ml.Comment: Slightly elevated prolactin with low-normal TSH titre.guess i have high prolactin,dats why its hard to conceive.have to read about it wen i got the test.have been trying for 9months.plz,need ur reply.thnx

marc9:

FSH: (ref:5-20miu/ml),..are u sure the result reads 120(abnormally high)? Not 12 or 20?

LH: (ref:5-40miu/ml),...urs is 17(normal)

prolactin: (ref:1-20ng/ml),...urs is 28(very high)

progesteronesad2-25ng/ml)...urs is 7.5(normal)

Estradiol: (ref: early follicular=30-100, luteal=60-150)

From the profile, your prolactin, as well as ur FSH(if it's actually 120m.iu/ml) is abnormally high. It explains why TTC has been difficulty.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by beautychoco(f): 8:08pm On Oct 23, 2014
pls Doc, i got married this year April but I've not conceive, I've gone to the hospital for various test and scan and doctor gave me some drugs which i've been using, last month, my period started @ 21 and it suppose to start at about 17/18 this month. I've been feeling pain in my nipples as usual since last week and sometimes pain on my lower abdomen but yesterday, i discovered that my pant has been soaked thinkin it was menstration but when i checked my pant, it was fluid(something of yellowish colour). Pls, what do you think is happening?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by beautychoco(f): 8:09pm On Oct 23, 2014
beautychoco:
pls Doc, i got married this year April but I've not conceive, I've gone to the hospital for various test and scan and doctor gave me some drugs which i've been using, last month, my period started @ 21 and it suppose to start at about 17/18 this month. I've been feeling pain in my nipples as usual since last week and sometimes pain on my lower abdomen but yesterday, i discovered that my pant has been soaked thinkin it was menstration but when i checked my pant, it was fluid(something of yellowish colour). Pls, what do you think is happening?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 23, 2014
beautychoco:
First of all, it's too early raising the alarm on TTC. I mean, it's not up to a year of marriage, and you're getting worried for not conceiving in a spate of 6months.

You should continue TTC for at least a year before getting worried!

Concerning the yellowish vag*nal discharge, well, normal discharge can either be whitish in appearance, or yellowish when dried. But in your case, since your menstruation is delayed, coupled with the abdominal pain you're experincing, it's an indication of vaginitis(vag*nal infection).

You may want to see a Gyn for help. Or you go run HVS m/c/s(urinalysis) to know what the infection is.

Also, your partner requires testing and treatment as well, because the infection is sex*ally transmitted.

NB: does the discharge have an offensive smell?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 23, 2014
Lordavmercy:
Hi doctors/gynaes pls I need som explanation on dis: I've started d full fertility treatment after 2yrs5months of TTC. My gynae placed me on clomid 50mg frm cd 2-6 and transvaginal follicular tracking frm cd 10,12,14,16. I had PCOS frm d recent hormonal-profile. result. Pls is there anything to do wit dis thyroid result?(t3-2.0, t4-97.1 and TSH-7.01) because my gynae says its normal but am nt satisfied wit dt. 2ndly, pls can I use other supplement/vitamins(maca supplement,vitaminE,zinc) with or after clomid?
3rdly,hope clomid will nt cause any damage to my fallopian tubes(lik tubal pregnnancy and oda side effects)?
Lastly,why gynaes/docs. doesn't prescribe supplement and vitamins e.g fertile aid,pregnacare conceptn etc dan those chemical drugs/injections while some pharmacists does? Expecting ur favourable ans. Thanks

1st question: Your TSH level is nothing to worry about.

2nd question: Yes, u can combine clomiphen with any vitamin. Vitamin E, C, or zinc supplement.

3rd question: The adverse/side effects of clomiphen has nothing to do with with predisposing you to endometriosis, or salpingitis. But Prolonged use could result in multiple ovulation, or hyperestrogenaemia.

4th question: Your gynae was trying to induce ovulation. And to do that, he has to place you on prescriptive hormonal pills and probably IV estrogen. Well, some pharmacists might not readily have clomiphen in store. Since they want to sell, they may cajole you to buy multivitamin and other vitality supplements.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Lordavmercy: 10:49pm On Oct 23, 2014
Marc9:

1st question: Your TSH level is nothing to worry about.

2nd question: Yes, u can combine clomiphen with any vitamin. Vitamin E, C, or zinc supplement.

3rd question: The adverse/side effects of clomiphen has nothing to do with with predisposing you to endometriosis, or salpingitis. But Prolonged use could result in multiple ovulation, or hyperestrogenaemia.

4th question: Your gynae was trying to induce ovulation. And to do that, he has to place you on prescriptive hormonal pills and probably IV estrogen. Well, some pharmacists might not readily have clomiphen in store. Since they want to sell, they may cajole you to buy multivitamin and other vitality supplements.
@ doc,thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by blacqueen(f): 11:46pm On Oct 23, 2014
Doctors in the house, pls come to my aid....av bin having serious abdominal pain for the past a month now. an in my 1st trimester. Doc gave me pcm d 1st time. I went back again wen dere was no improvement. He gave me diazepam to be taken @night for 3days...but d pain still persist after the 3 days...wat can I do to relieve this pain. It is getting unbearable for me. Thanks in advance.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 24, 2014
blacqueen:
Doctors in the house, pls come to my aid....av bin having serious abdominal pain for the past a month now. an in my 1st trimester. Doc gave me pcm d 1st time. I went back again wen dere was no improvement. He gave me diazepam to be taken @night for 3days...but d pain still persist after the 3 days...wat can I do to relieve this pain. It is getting unbearable for me. Thanks in advance.

I have two questions for you.

1. How many weeks pregnant are you?

2. Are you primigravida? Is this your first pregnancy
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by melly245: 7:22am On Oct 24, 2014
Good day doc. Pls I think I have a problem I did an abortion in 2008,and since den I have nt concieved, I got married june last year and d issue is really waying me down. My doc. Said am nt ovulating and several ovulation test dat I did came out negative,my prolactine is high.I did a transverginal scan last month which shows dat my uterus is ok. Pls is der any oda scsn I can do to knw if der was oda complication due to d abortion
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nobledeals(f): 9:15am On Oct 24, 2014
Good morning docs, I am 19weeks pregnant and it is my third. The first was vaginal with weight 3.7(female), the second , cs , weight 4.1(male) reason for cs was baby too big and no contraction at 42weeks. I want to know if I am a candidate of VBAC as space between last cs and conception is exactly 12months. Thanks
nb: I have not started antenatal reason being that I will change location soon neither have I had any USS
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 24, 2014
melly245:
Good day doc. Pls I think I have a problem I did an abortion in 2008,and since den I have nt concieved, I got married june last year and d issue is really weighing me down. My doc. Said am nt ovulating and several ovulation test dat I did came out negative,my prolactine is high.I did a transverginal scan last month which shows dat my uterus is ok. Pls is der any oda scsn I can do to knw if der was oda complication due to d abortion

Let me get you straight, you went for surgical AB or took AB drugs in 2008, and since that 2008 you've been TTC till now? Or you started TTC after you got married June last year?

Well, if hormonal profiling reveals low FSH/LH, then it's definite you're anovulatory, and that will result in a negative feedback, increasing your prolactin level. With a high prolactin, low FSH/LH, your TTC chances would be low.

All you need now is to balance your hormones, then TTC would be achievable
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 3:17pm On Oct 24, 2014
beautychoco:
do a home pregnancy test
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 3:22pm On Oct 24, 2014
nobledeals:
Good morning docs, I am 19weeks pregnant and it is my third. The first was vaginal with weight 3.7(female), the second , cs , weight 4.1(male) reason for cs was baby too big and no contraction at 42weeks. I want to know if I am a candidate of VBAC as space between last cs and conception is exactly 12months. Thanks
nb: I have not started antenatal reason being that I will change location soon neither have I had any USS
ur interpregnancy interval
wasnt adequate (shld hv bn 18months). It cld go either way, VBAC or CS.Just register as soon as u can and follo d advice of ur gynae. wish u d best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by everfaithfulGod(f): 3:40pm On Oct 24, 2014
hello doctors in d house. great job u are doing here.
Pls is there anytin i can do to increase my menstrual flow?
ive gone from 3 days normal flow to 1 and half day abnormal flow since i had an evacuation frm a miscarriage in May dis yr. my period started yesterday and was 3 drops truout d day,today is nt flowing well as well. i really nid to get my period bck to normal and my gynea is nt taking me serious. pls help me out. i am ttc.thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by blacqueen(f): 9:01pm On Oct 24, 2014
Marc9:

I have two questions for you.

1. How many weeks pregnant are you?

2. Are you primigravida? Is this your first pregnancy

Am 8 weeks gone and this is my 2nd preggie. Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by melly245: 10:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
Marc9:

Let me get you straight, you went for surgical AB or took AB drugs in 2008, and since that 2008 you've been TTC till now? Or you started TTC after you got married June last year?

Well, if hormonal profiling reveals low FSH/LH, then it's definite you're anovulatory, and that will result in a negative feedback, increasing your prolactin level. With a high prolactin, low FSH/LH, your TTC would be low.

Marc9:

Well, if hormonal profiling reveals low FSH/LH, then it's definite you're anovulatory, and that will result in a negative feedback, increasing your prolactin level. With a high prolactin, low FSH/LH, your TTC would be low.

Marc9:

I did a surgical AB and I've been TTC even before I got married and its nt working
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 25, 2014
mariagrant10:
I just want to share my experience with the world on how i got my love back and saved my marriage. I really love Louis so much that i can not even do without. I was married for 7years with 2kids and we lived happily until things started getting ugly and we had fights and arguments almost every time... it got worse at a point that he filed for divorce... I tried my best to make him change his mind & stay with me cause i loved him with all my heart and didn't want to loose him but everything just didn't work out... He moved out of the house and still went ahead to file for divorce... I pleaded and tried everything but still nothing worked. The breakthrough came when someone introduced me to this wonderful man who eventually helped me out with spell... I have never been a fan of things like this but just decided to try reluctantly cause I was desperate and left with no choice... He did special prayers and used herbs... Within 2 days he called me and was sorry for all the emotional trauma he had cost me, moved back to the house and we continue to live happily, the kids are happy too and we are expecting our third child. I have introduced him to a lot of couples with problems across the world and they have had good news... Just thought I should share my experience cause I strongly believe someone out there need's it... NOTE THAT he will ask you to pay a small token amount of money to get the materials to work for you. You can email DR SANJAY via (sanjaylandofsolution606@gmail . com or +2348176363653) Don't give up just yet, the different between "Ordinary" & "Extra-Ordinary" is the "Extra" so make extra effort to save your marriage/relationship if it's truly worth it.

Some humans have no business standing upright! This fella for example, I'm sure he's the reason why chimpanzees, the closest creatures to humans, are seriously angry with nature. They must be wondering why some humans who qualified to be animals were made humans, when some chimpanzees who are more intelligent than mariagrant10, were made to be chimpanzees.

Herbs and occultic prayer to salvage a troubled marriage? This fella is in urgent need of psychiatric evaluation.

NB: Don't post things like these on this thread again. If your IQ is one digit, try see a battery charger to boost it for you!

4 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:30am On Oct 25, 2014
melly245:
[color=#000099][/color] I did a surgical AB and I've been TTC even before I got married and its nt working
Okay.

Since the tranvaginal probe/scan showed your uterus is ok, then your unsuccessful TTC for the past 6yrs was due to hormonal imbalance.

Low FSH/LH clearly points to anovulation. You were likely menstruating anovulatorily all these years.

What you require now is effective treatment. You need see a Gyn in person.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mrsfrank: 8:18am On Oct 25, 2014
First time here...I need candid advice since my doc is not helping.
TTC 1yr+
Clear water coming out from one br**st (not milk) tired of taking parlodel.
1fallopian tube (lost one due to ectopic)
Regular AF (first time bled in btw cycle dis month when I'm suppose to ovulate) went for scan ( dysfunctional uterine bleeding no ovulation)
***I notice I have regular (everyday) EWCM. What could be d cause?
Pls advice your worried sis. God bless.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 25, 2014
mrsfrank:
First time here...I need candid advice since my doc is not helping.
TTC 1yr+
Clear water coming out from one br**st (not milk) tired of taking parlodel.
1fallopian tube (lost one due to ectopic)
Regular AF (first time bled in btw cycle dis month when I'm suppose to ovulate) went for scan ( dysfunctional uterine bleeding no ovulation)
***I notice I have regular (everyday) EWCM. What could be d cause?
Pls advice your worried sis. God bless.

Ma'am, this is a very sensitive case. You have one tube, one functional ovary, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, mid cycle spotting, colourless breast discharge, still at risk of endometrosis, and hormonal imbalance(surge in estrogen which explains why you're experincing the regular EWCM).

I'll advise you find a more concerned Gyn to personally handle your case.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 25, 2014
You really doing a great work @marc9, more grease to ur elbow.
Please what does both ovaries appear proximal means in scan report. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by madgoat(m): 2:02pm On Oct 25, 2014
mariagrant10:
I just want to share my experience with the world on how i got my love back and saved my marriage. I really love Louis so much that i can not even do without. I was married for 7years with 2kids and we lived happily until things started getting ugly and we had fights and arguments almost every time... it got worse at a point that he filed for divorce... I tried my best to make him change his mind & stay with me cause i loved him with all my heart and didn't want to loose him but everything just didn't work out... He moved out of the house and still went ahead to file for divorce... I pleaded and tried everything but still nothing worked. The breakthrough came when someone introduced me to this wonderful man who eventually helped me out with spell... I have never been a fan of things like this but just decided to try reluctantly cause I was desperate and left with no choice... He did special prayers and used herbs... Within 2 days he called me and was sorry for all the emotional trauma he had cost me, moved back to the house and we continue to live happily, the kids are happy too and we are expecting our third child. I have introduced him to a lot of couples with problems across the world and they have had good news... Just thought I should share my experience cause I strongly believe someone out there need's it... NOTE THAT he will ask you to pay a small token amount of money to get the materials to work for you. You can email DR SANJAY via (sanjaylandofsolution606@gmail . com or +2348176363653) Don't give up just yet, the different between "Ordinary" & "Extra-Ordinary" is the "Extra" so make extra effort to save your marriage/relationship if it's truly worth it.

SOME EDUCATED PPLE ON THIS THREAD WILL BELIEVE THIS SCAM undecided
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2014
Mum4all:
You really doing a great work @marc9, more grease to ur elbow.
Please what does both ovaries appear proximal means in scan report. Thanks
From my OnG understanding, it means both ovaries appear to be positioned closer to the infundubulus(the opening end of the fallopian tubes where the ovaries release eggs into).

The contrary report would be 'distally positioned ovaries' in which the ovaries are well distant to the opening of the fallopian tubes.

Significance: Proximally positioned ovaries ensure the egg(s) released will be reached by the fimbrae which sweep in the egg(s) inside the tubes for fertilization to occur.

But distally positioned ovaries makes the fimbrae find it hard to reach the ovaries. When the ovaries release the egg(s), they are likely not swept into the tubes.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mrsfrank: 7:00pm On Oct 25, 2014
@marc9 thank you.. I will conceive in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2014
mrsfrank:
@marc9 thank you.. I will conceive in Jesus name. Amen.

Ma'am, I didn't mean to be that blunt. My point was that u need a more concerned doc to handle the case. Someone who would take you seriously like you're related.

And I guess you've mentioned someone who takes you more seriously than anyone in the world. You just mentioned 'Dr Jesus'! smiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chyochy: 1:18am On Oct 26, 2014
Hi doc. i had my baby 3years. after dat i had 1 miscarrige since then i've been trying to take in but to no avail. but each time i tried to take in that month b4 my menses will come out i'll have pain all over my body, my breast will be enlarged and be very painful for 2weeks but the moment the menses comes out the whole pains will disappear. my doctor says it's HORMON issue, pls can it stop someone from taking in.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:48am On Oct 26, 2014
chyochy:
Hi doc. i had my baby 3years. after dat i had 1 miscarrige since then i've been trying to take in but to no avail. but each time i tried to take in that month b4 my menses will come out i'll have pain all over my body, my breast will be enlarged and be very painful for 2weeks but the moment the menses comes out the whole pains will disappear. my doctor says it's HORMON issue, pls can it stop someone from taking in.

The hormonal system of ladies is too sensitive to disturbance, even to a slight disturbance. Once the system is disturbed, hormones alter.

Chyochy, what u experince is termed PreMenstrual Syndrome. It precedes menstruation, and seem to present with some symptoms related to pregnancy.

The reason why your TTC is difficult is likely linked with the miscarriage you had. Was an evacuation done to rid you of the remnant product? If it was done, was it done without resulting to an iatrogenic complication?!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Mzora(f): 1:42pm On Oct 26, 2014
Hello doc,I waz told malaria in pregnancy could cause jaundice in d unborn child. Iz it necessary to get malaria treatment irrespective of d fact that I don't have malaria symptoms? I'm currently in my second trimester.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 26, 2014
Mzora:
Hello doc,I waz told malaria in pregnancy could cause jaundice in d unborn child. Iz it necessary to get malaria treatment irrespective of d fact that I don't have malaria symptoms? I'm currently in my second trimester.

If you don't show malarial symptoms, why take the treatment?

The actual thing to do whenever anyone shows malaria symptoms, or doesn't show it but was exposed to mosquito bites prior, is to run malaria test to confirm if malarial parasite is present in the blood.

Well, in some cases, a person can be asymptomatic to malaria, while the parasite is incubating in the liver in form of hypnozoites.

So, you can run a malarial parasite test if you were exposed to mosquito bites. If MP found, you'd need to see the doctor for treatment. Don't self medicate please!

NB: every lady who takes in is expected to take malarial preventive measures like sleeping under mosquito treated net!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
K

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.