Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (877488 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 6:44pm On Feb 23, 2015
AdaEkube:
Hello doc,just got across dis thread now.i have been ttc since December 2014 and I noticed that my menses hasn't been flowing well as usual.This week I went for a hormonal assay,hvs and scan,yet to get the results for hvs n hormonal assay but I hv the scan results.I don't understand it and I want u to help me explain it very well.Thanks.
UTERUS........normal size anteverted non-gravid uterus measuring above 94*44*56mm with homogeneous myometrial echo texture,no uterine myoma.
Endometrial cavity is intact and empty.
OVARIES ......a small sized 11*15mm dominant follicle noted within the left ovary,the right is free,no cystic lesion.
ADNEXAE......bilateral free,no salpingitis.
Nil in POD.
Impression........normal pelvic scan,left developing follicle.

Scan showed that your pelvic organs are structurally normal, meaning that they LOOK the way they should look. No baby inside (yet). No fibroids. No signs of pelvic infections. No problems cheesy

Additionally, it showed a 'dominant follicle' or an egg about to be released, from your left ovary. This shows you were about ovulating at the time of the scan smiley

It can be deduced from that your ovaries and hormone levels are normal.

Though your hormone profile is expected to be normal, you are still advised to have it done.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by AdaEkube(f): 3:53am On Feb 24, 2015
omicron:

Scan showed that your pelvic organs are structurally normal, meaning that they LOOK the way they should look. No baby inside (yet). No fibroids. No signs of pelvic infections. No problems cheesy

Additionally, it showed a 'dominant follicle' or an egg about to be released, from your left ovary. This shows you were about ovulating at the time of the scan smiley

It can be deduced from that your ovaries and hormone levels are normal.

Though your hormone profile is expected to be normal, you are still advised to have it done.
Thanks so much,I did the hormonal profile but yet to get the result.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dadsonval(f): 10:16am On Feb 25, 2015
Pls, what causes pain @ the left rib? Its like a noice at the area
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by juke3: 11:41am On Feb 25, 2015
hi doc in d house, have been havin irregular mens dont know if it was due to my long term use of postinor now hav bin ttc for about 3 month my gyn placed me on bromergon vit e and prenatals also askd me to take 5 clomid ones ever 3 days. am on my 33 cd no period and it bfn on my hpt urine .sori for d story am just tired of dis
of all i am not sure i ovulate. right now my vignal is wet and and cm is just creamy. have never seen an eggwhite
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 25, 2015
juke3:
hi doc in d house, have been havin irregular mens dont know if it was due to my long term use of postinor now hav bin ttc for about 3 month my gyn placed me on bromergon vit e and prenatals also askd me to take 5 clomid once every 3 days. am on my 33 cd no period and it bfn on my hpt urine .sori for d story am just tired of dis
of all i am not sure i ovulate. right now my vag*nal is wet and and cum is just creamy. I've never seen an eggwhite

A once or single usuage of postinor can actually disrupt hormonal balance, let alone a long term usuage. Definitely the levonorgestrel is the cause of your menstrual irregularity. The reason why you hardly observe EWCM is due to low estrogen secretion. The cervical mucus is an ovulation marker, indicating ovulation occurred.

Did you say your gynae placed you on every 3days dose?! Hmm.

Well, to my knowledge, clomid doesn't balance disrupted hormones, neither does it undo the effects of levonorgestrel. What it does is to stimulate the release of matured egg from the ovary. Since you're TTC, clomid is best taken from cd5/cd6 to cd10/cd11 for an average cycle of 28.
LMC ladies can take it from cd7/cd8 to cd12/cd13.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by juke3: 7:15pm On Feb 25, 2015
thanks alot she gave 5 tab of clomid dat i should use one every 3 days. please what am i to do now am so desperate help me
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 25, 2015
juke3:
thanks alot she gave 5 tab of clomid dat i should use one every 3 days. please what am i to do now am so desperate help me

I guess she's trying to correct your hormonal imbalance, using that scheme.

Have you run the necessary tests?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2015
Hello doc.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by juke3: 9:04pm On Feb 25, 2015
what are the neccessary test u would advice me do though i ran sum test in dec dat showd my prolactin level has bin low
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:11pm On Feb 25, 2015
Enenuegli:
Hello doc. Can reoccurent bacterial infection cause infertility?

If the bacterial infection is along the reproductive tract, then yes it can!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 26, 2015
Tnxx. And how can fertility be restored back in such a case?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 26, 2015
Enenuegli:
Tnxx. And how can fertility be restored back in such a case?

A wet wood will never burn, not until it gets dry. Fertility can only be restored after the infection is completely treated.

There are cases where reproductive tract infection paves way for conception to take place, but in the course of the pregnancy, the infection begins to threaten the pregnancy.

So it's very imperative to treat any reproductive tract infection completely, before TTC.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 26, 2015
Okay. Tnx Doc.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dadsonval(f): 5:30pm On Feb 26, 2015
Pls Drs in the house, Pls, i'm new here, i have started my menstration today, when likely would ovulation comes? My last menstration was January 26. When do i need to have sex and when should i avoid sex, i'm ttc for 10months now. Thnks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 26, 2015
Dadsonval:
Pls Drs in the house, Pls, i'm new here, i have started my menstration today, when likely would ovulation comes? My last menstration was January 26. When do i need to have sex and when should i avoid sex, i'm ttc for 10months now. Thnks

Your menstrual cycle is 30days. That makes your ovulation on cd16, since luteal phase is 14days to your next menstruation. So, your fertile period is within cd13 to cd17.

10months TTC is not a cause for alarm.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Oluqueen: 9:14am On Feb 27, 2015
Good day doc, please I recently had my twin through a C section and they are just over a week old. I bleed slightly after the surgery and since then I haven't seen any serious vaginal discharge.

My belle is big and with no fluid coming out, I don't know what's inside my uterus and if it will ever shrink back.

Please I need your advice.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
I had a miscarriage and a d and c last month( January 12), but I'm yet to have a period almost seven weeks after, though I've been having cramps on and off. should I be worried?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by purity22(f): 1:47pm On Feb 27, 2015
Hello everyone, I had ectopic pregnancy last year july that affected my two fellopian tubes. I need advice on IVF and the Cost. Pls am serious abt this, I really need help cos my home is a new one. So worried abt loosing my husband.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by purity22(f): 1:59pm On Feb 27, 2015
Pls are there Doctors here? Some1 should pls answer me abt what I just posted
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 27, 2015
Dear doc, my last cycle i started having sharp pains at my right abdomen before
ovulation till i saw my period on 25 feb, which i suppose to see on 24 Feb. i dont
know what is the cause. saw my period on 27th jan and i dont know if i ovulate
or not but my cycle is 29days.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by henmaris: 7:51pm On Feb 27, 2015
Hello doc,I had a laparoscopy in July 2014 and was diagnosed of stage 3 endometriosis. I was given decapeptyl monthly injection for 3months.did ivf in November which was cancelled on the day of egg retrieval due to high fever (temperature 40) so I had a follow-up appointment with a RE.He prescribed the pill Lutenyl and asked me to start taking it on the first day of my period.I took it from ending November to December 31st.I waited for my period for 26 days and took parsley tea for 2days which triggered my period to come on the 29th of January.I went for a blood test on the 3rd day of my period in other to begin ivf no 2.But RE said I couldn't begin because my oestrogen was high.I had an appointment with him on the 4th of February and he did an ultrasound and found a cyst in my right ovary and 2myoma in the walls of the uterus.he said location of the myomas is not a call for concern. So he sent me for an MRI scan in other to know what to do before I can begin ivf again. My problem is I was expecting my period on Monday 23 feb but up to date it has not come.I had light cramping on the 23rd and nothing since then.haven't tested for pregnancy bc it's early to test but I'm afraid it might just be another delayed period because I feel very normal.prior to laparoscopy and all the above treatment I've always had a very stable cycle.25 days and I always know the exact date to expect my period. Please if it's a delayed period again what could be the cause of the sudden irregularity in my period. I have an appointment for the MRI scan next week.just so worried because I want a baby so bad.I'm 25 ttc now for a year.had a miscarriage in December 2012. SORRY FOR THE LONG POST.I HOPE TO GET A RESPONSE FROM YOU.THANK YOU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 01, 2015
hello doctors in the house, I went for tvs yestday and this is the result. i have been TTC for 2yrs plus with pcos.

bladder- empty, normal outline. No stone, no mass

utetus- normal in size and anteverted measuring 3.5cm in AP diameter. (normal is 3-5cm)
cavity is empty, normal endometrial thickness.
no fibroid.

ovaries- both ovaries are hyperplastic and contain tiny follicles arranged peripherally around a dense stroma. no dominant follicle seen.

adnexea/POD- free, no mass
no fluid collection.

remarks below
features suggestive of polycystic ovaries.

what can I do to conceive with this condition.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by AwesomeGodIAv: 7:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
Hello sir, i need help! I had a miscarriage in Nov 2014.5wks. I had my period bk Dec 11, i track my ovulation date to start trying again. Since dis year i avnt see my period. At first i started feeling pregnant later when i run i test it came out negative. Am worried dis is another month still not seen.

Pls help me. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Yetoonde24: 4:12am On Mar 02, 2015
Goodmorn doctor, just came to town and av been looking for u. I rily av to see u before the week is over. Am tryin to get ur pin from ur profile so I can talk to u. Pls its very important. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:52am On Mar 02, 2015
Oluqueen:
Good day doc, please I recently had my twin through a C section and they are just over a week old. I bleed slightly after the surgery and since then I haven't seen any serious vaginal discharge.

My belle is big and with no fluid coming out, I don't know what's inside my uterus and if it will ever shrink back.

Please I need your advice.

There's nothing in your uterus. The protruding tummy is likely due to myometrial hyperplasia(post-surgical swelling).

Regular abdominal exercise like sit up would reduce the protrusion.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 02, 2015
Hallie27:
I had a miscarriage and a d and c last month( January 12), but I'm yet to have a period almost seven weeks after, though I've been having cramps on and off. should I be worried?

7wks after the procedure is quite distressing. It could a case of hormonal distortion, or likely post surgical implication. I hope the evacuation(MVA/EVA) was safely carried out? Improperly sterilized apparatus could lead to an infection(one of the causes of PID).

I'll advise you see a gynae
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:35am On Mar 02, 2015
purity22:
Hello everyone, I had ectopic pregnancy last year july that affected my two fallopian tubes. I need advice on IVF and the Cost. Pls am serious abt this, I really need help cos my home is a new one. So worried abt loosing my husband.

The cost of IVF varies. But the range is between 800k to 2m.

Please put your mind at rest. I'm sure your husband is a good man. The primary reason why a good man marries a good woman is to be complete. Having kids comes secondary.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 02, 2015
Chyvia:
Dear doc, my last cycle i started having sharp pain at my right abdomen befor
e ovulation till i saw my period on 25 feb, which i was supposed to see on 24 Feb. I don't know what the cause is. I saw my period on 27th jan and i dont know if i ovulate
or not but my cycle is 29days.

The abdominal pain is associated with ovulation. The pain lingered perhaps due to slightly elevated LH level, not too sure about that.

If your previous menses was on 27th Jan, and a menstrual cycle of 29days, then your menstruation is stil regular. Most likely you ovulated.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 02, 2015
henmaris:
Hello doc,I had a laparoscopy in July 2014 and was diagnosed of stage 3 endometriosis. I was given decapeptyl monthly injection for 3months.did ivf in November which was cancelled on the day of egg retrieval due to high fever (temperature 40) so I had a follow-up appointment with a RE.He prescribed the pill Lutenyl and asked me to start taking it on the first day of my period.I took it from ending November to December 31st.I waited for my period for 26 days and took parsley tea for 2days which triggered my period to come on the 29th of January.I went for a blood test on the 3rd day of my period in other to begin ivf no 2.But RE said I couldn't begin because my oestrogen was high.I had an appointment with him on the 4th of February and he did an ultrasound and found a cyst in my right ovary and 2myoma in the walls of the uterus.he said location of the myomas is not a call for concern. So he sent me for an MRI scan in other to know what to do before I can begin ivf again. My problem is I was expecting my period on Monday 23 feb but up to date it has not come.I had light cramping on the 23rd and nothing since then.haven't tested for pregnancy bc it's early to test but I'm afraid it might just be another delayed period because I feel very normal.prior to laparoscopy and all the above treatment I've always had a very stable cycle.25 days and I always know the exact date to expect my period. Please if it's a delayed period again what could be the cause of the sudden irregularity in my period. I have an appointment for the MRI scan next week.just so worried because I want a baby so bad.I'm 25 ttc now for a year.had a miscarriage in December 2012. SORRY FOR THE LONG POST.I HOPE TO GET A RESPONSE FROM YOU.THANK YOU

My response would be as short as zacchaeus in the bible.

Well, the case is too complicated. A house is built on a solid foundation. You seem to have hormonal distortion, endometriosis, myoma(tho the size and the location matter), and you were not told a fact about IVF. The chances of a successful implantation is less than 30% for 1st attempt(just wanted you to know that).
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 02, 2015
triangullar:
hello doctors in the house, I went for tvs yestday and this is the result. i have been TTC for 2yrs plus with pcos.

bladder- empty, normal outline. No stone, no mass

utetus- normal in size and anteverted measuring 3.5cm in AP diameter. (normal is 3-5cm)
cavity is empty, normal endometrial thickness.
no fibroid.

ovaries- both ovaries are hyperplastic and contain tiny follicles arranged peripherally around a dense stroma. no dominant follicle seen.

adnexea/POD- free, no mass
no fluid collection.

remarks below
features suggestive of polycystic ovaries.

what can I do to conceive with this condition.

Polycystic ovaries is suggestive of hormonal imbalance. I think there's a high FSH and low estrogen level.

Well, you need to see a doc for treatment.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 02, 2015
AwesomeGodIAv:
Hello sir, i need help! I had a miscarriage in Nov 2014.5wks. I had my period bk Dec 11, i track my ovulation date to start trying again. Since dis year i avnt see my period. At first i started feeling pregnant later when i run i test it came out negative. Am worried dis is another month still not seen.

Pls help me. Thanks

From your quote, your last menstruation was on Dec 11th, making it 74days+ of menstrual cessation. There's a factor responsible.

Let me ask, was an Evacuation done to empty the uterus?

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.