Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (877486 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 1:44pm On Aug 03, 2015
exegesis:
gudmoning doctor omicron. tanx again for the other day. pls help me interpret my husband's result.

Appearance- milkish and visions
volume- 1.8ml
ph- 9
sperm count- 20.9 x 10 raised to power 6 cells/
ml
motility
progressive- 40%
non-linear- 10%
non-progressive- 20%
immotile- 30%
culture- no signiicant growth
morphlogy
normal- 75%
pyriform- 2%
cytoplasic dropets- 10%
mid piece abnormality- 10%
others- small- 3%

tanx

The sperm count is on the low side, but still within the normal range.

Sperm motility, or sperm quality, is slightly low. Normally, it should be from 50% and above.

Sperm morphology, or the physical appearance of the sperms, is normal.

There was no significant evidence of infection affecting the semen

The result is neither here nor there. While it is not too bad, he should adopt practices and lifestyle consciously aimed at improving his sperm health.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Immaangel(f): 3:18am On Aug 04, 2015
Pls what causes anteverted uterus. I went for a scan and this what was written there. And it measures 77x34x40mmlong. Pls someone should explain this in a clear and simple language.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 8:03am On Aug 04, 2015
Immaangel:
Pls what causes anteverted uterus. I went for a scan and this what was written there. And it measures 77x34x40mmlong. Pls someone should explain this in a clear and simple language.
"Anteverted" uterus describes the position of the uterus (womb). 'Anteverted 'is the NORMAL position. In this position, the womb is bent forwards, rather than backwards (Retroverted uterus).

Your uterus is therefore normal in position and size.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by staggerlee: 8:33am On Aug 04, 2015
Hello people
I just wanna ask a woman that is 13 weeks pregnant what kind of sex styles os safe for her? Can she do missionary style if the husband does not lean on the stomach. Thank u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Immaangel(f): 9:01am On Aug 04, 2015
omicron:
"Anteverted" uterus describes the position of the uterus (womb). 'Anteverted 'is the NORMAL position. In this position, the womb is bent forwards, rather than backwards (Retroverted uterus).

Your uterus is therefore normal in position and size.
Thank u Jesus. I thought I lost it all. Pls does candida albicans cause pains at d lower abdomen? I had this pain at my lower abdomen especially when I sneez or cough hard or when I carry heavy stuffs. So I went for hvs and scan.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 2:19pm On Aug 04, 2015
Immaangel:

Thank u Jesus. I thought I lost it all. Pls does candida albicans cause pains at d lower abdomen? I had this pain at my lower abdomen especially when I sneez or cough hard or when I carry heavy stuffs. So I went for hvs and scan.
No. Vulvo-vaginal candidiasis typically does not give lower abdominal pains, eapecially the type you described.

A PID is more likely. There are also many other causes of lower abdominal pains that is worsened by cough or sneezing.

You would need a physical examination.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by exegesis: 2:46pm On Aug 04, 2015
omicron:

The sperm count is on the low side, but still within the normal range.

Sperm motility, or sperm quality, is slightly low. Normally, it should be from 50% and above.

Sperm morphology, or the physical appearance of the sperms, is normal.

There was no significant evidence of infection affecting the semen

The result is neither here nor there. While it is not too bad, he should adopt practices and lifestyle consciously aimed at improving his sperm health.
tanx doctor
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Opejibola01(f): 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2015
Pls house, i have been TTC for the past three month buh i notice i do have sore breast 3days before my menses and i never had any premenstrual symptoms before. wot could be the cause. NOTE, I gave birth last yr but lost the baby, so sore nipple is my early sign of pregnancy. pls ur urgent reply is needed. thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Immaangel(f): 3:24pm On Aug 04, 2015
omicron:
No. Vulvo-vaginal candidiasis typically does not give lower abdominal pains, eapecially the type you described.

A PID is more likely. There are also many other causes of lower abdominal pains that is worsened by cough or sneezing.

You would need a physical examination.
Yes pid wasn't dictated from the test result. Both from the scan and hvs. What do I do now?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Opejibola01(f): 3:31pm On Aug 04, 2015
Opejibola01:
Pls Doctor, i have been TTC for the past three month buh i notice i do have sore breast 3days before my menses and i never had any premenstrual symptoms before. wot could be the cause. NOTE, I gave birth last yr but lost the baby, so sore nipple is my early sign of pregnancy. pls ur urgent reply is needed. thanks

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by dunasy(f): 4:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
Good evening doctor,

please whag does this term ' grossly normal ' mean?. The result for my scan under detailed fetal anatomy says grossly normal while fetal spine says normal
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mumtobe: 6:18pm On Aug 04, 2015
Hi doc, I did a scan on day 12 of my menstrual cycle. It shows minimal fluid in POD. I treated chronic pid for two months. What Does minimal fluid in POD mean and Will minimal fluid stop me from conceiving?

2. Can antibiotics/infusion clear away blockage in the fallopian tube?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:19pm On Aug 04, 2015
Immaangel:

Yes pid wasn't dictated from the test result. Both from the scan and hvs. What do I do now?
PID is treatable with a combination of antibiotics for a minimum of 2 weeks.

Your doctor will prescribe these for you.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:20pm On Aug 04, 2015
[quote author=Opejibola01 post=36600149][/quote]By "sore breast", what do you mean?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
dunasy:

Good evening doctor,

please whag does this term ' grossly normal ' mean?. The result for my scan under detailed fetal anatomy says grossly normal while fetal spine says normal
Good evening,

When used to describe the anatomy of a human being, the term "Gross" means the parts visible to the naked eye, rather than the "microscopic" parts.

So, for your baby's scan, "grossly normal" means that the various parts of your baby that the examiner could see were all normal.

The fetal spine is your baby's spine/backbone; this was normal too.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Opejibola01(f): 7:39pm On Aug 04, 2015
omicron:
By "sore breast", what do you mean?
DOCTOR, I mean my breast will be painful
Thanks doctor, but i still notice breast milk coming out of my breast, i thought it would have stop by now since last year August i had a still birth.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
mumtobe:
Hi doc, I did a scan on day 12 of my menstrual cycle. It shows minimal fluid in POD. I treated chronic pid for two months. What Does minimal fluid in POD mean and Will minimal fluid stop me from conceiving?

2. Can antibiotics/infusion clear away blockage in the fallopian tube?
Hi,

Minimal fluid in the pouch of douglas is not a sign of PID. In most cases, there is some fluid in the pouch. During some infections, the fluid in the pouch becomes so much and significant. But minimal fluid is not significant, and therefore should not worry you.

Flushing of the tubes with infusion and antibiotics is called hydrointubation. Yes, it can help some women with tubal blockade. It is a common practice in resource-poor countries for the management of secondary infertility due to tubal blockade. According to some studies conducted in Nigeria, it works best for those with partial occlusion (rather than complete). Ultrasound-guided hydrointubation is preffered.

All the best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:46pm On Aug 04, 2015
Opejibola01:
DOCTOR, I mean my breast will be painful
Ok.

It meets the diagnosis for prementrual symdrome, since it comes before your cycles and has lasted up to 3 cycles.

Painful breast, or breast tenderness, can also indicate a pregnancy or ovulation, but if any of these is the case, you would know.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Immaangel(f): 9:48pm On Aug 04, 2015
omicron:
PID is treatable with a combination of antibiotics for a minimum of 2 weeks.

Your doctor will prescribe these for you.

All the best.
These are the drugs i was recommended to buy_ 1. Flutin 2. Gyno-daktamin 3. Floxavid. Pls dont mind the spellings o
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mumtobe: 11:47pm On Aug 04, 2015
omicron:
Hi,

Minimal fluid in the pouch of douglas is not a sign of PID. In most cases, there is some fluid in the pouch. During some infections, the fluid in the pouch becomes so much and significant. But minimal fluid is not significant, and therefore should not worry you.

Flushing of the tubes with infusion and antibiotics is called hydrointubation. Yes, it can help some women with tubal blockade. It is a common practice in resource-poor countries for the management of secondary infertility due to tubal blockade. According to some studies conducted in Nigeria, it works best for those with partial occlusion (rather than complete). Ultrasound-guided hydrointubation is preffered.

All the best

I didn't allow for flushing of the tubes as I heard it could be worse as infection from the cervix. can go up the tubes. What the doctor did was to give injection via IV and IM as well as infusions like drip. I don't know if it's same as hydrotubation and would work for the tubes.

Asking dis question for a friend. She did HSG and it showed uterus tilted to the right. Can it stop conception?

She also did a scan and it shows uterus in anterverted position. Why is there a discrepancy? Cos I know anterverted position is the normal position. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 05, 2015
@omicron please my last menstruation was on 7th July 2015. I saw spotting 'pink not that red blood when I wiped my vaginal' this showed between 2nd -3rd of August please what could be wrong, is it that its my period or what? Am ttc and also have pcos, would appreciate your help
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by dunasy(f): 7:35am On Aug 05, 2015
omicron:
Good evening,

When used to describe the anatomy of a human being, the term "Gross" means the parts visible to the naked eye, rather than the "microscopic" parts.

So, for your baby's scan, "grossly normal" means that the various parts of your baby that the examiner could see were all normal.

The fetal spine is your baby's spine/backbone; this was normal too.

Okay.

Many thanks doctor.

A blessed morning to you.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Opejibola01(f): 10:55am On Aug 05, 2015
omicron:
Ok.

It meets the diagnosis for prementrual symdrome, since it comes before your cycles and has lasted up to 3 cycles.

Painful breast, or breast tenderness, can also indicate a pregnancy or ovulation, but if any of these is the case, you would know.
thanks doctor, but i still notice breast milk coming out of my breast, i thought it would have stop by now since last year August i had a still birth.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 11:18am On Aug 05, 2015
Immaangel:
These are the drugs i was recommended to buy_ 1. Flutin 2. Gyno-daktamin 3. Floxavid. Pls dont mind the spellings o
Ok.

But these are trade (marketting) names, rather than the generic (medical) names. I don't know these trade names.

The generic names are written in smaller fonts right below the trade names.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 11:24am On Aug 05, 2015
mumtobe:

I didn't allow for flushing of the tubes as I heard it could be worse as infection from the cervix. can go up the tubes. What the doctor did was to give injection via IV and IM as well as infusions like drip. I don't know if it's same as hydrotubation and would work for the tubes.

Asking dis question for a friend. She did HSG and it showed uterus tilted to the right. Can it stop conception?

She also did a scan and it shows uterus in anterverted position. Why is there a discrepancy? Cos I know anterverted position is the normal position. Thanks
Ok.

Flushing of the tubes is same as hydrointubation. Of course, the risk of infections is there. But this risk can be eliminated. Some doctors have good results from it, but some see it as obsolete.

It is better to know what tilted the uterus to the right. That is the only way to know if it's a problem.

I do not see the descrepancy you talked about. Anteverted uterus is normal in position.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 11:27am On Aug 05, 2015
Mowojuoluwa:
@omicron please my last menstruation was on 7th July 2015. I saw spotting 'pink not that red blood when I wiped my vaginal' this showed between 2nd -3rd of August please what could be wrong, is it that its my period or what? Am ttc and also have pcos, would appreciate your help
Yea, it is most likely the period.

Such scanty periods are not uncommon in patients with PCOS. Stress will worsen it.

Relax. Continue your treatment for the PCOS.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 11:29am On Aug 05, 2015
Opejibola01:
thanks doctor, but i still notice breast milk coming out of my breast, i thought it would have stop by now since last year August i had a still birth.
Ok.

Yea, it should have stopped by now.

It merits investiagtions.

See your doctor. You will need to do a hormonal assay, particularly prolactin.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sannies(m): 4:24pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hello doc. Can you pls interpret this test result for me.
WIDAL TEST. RESULT
S. Typhi. 1.80. H
S. Paratyphi.(A-O) 1.20. A-H
S. Paratyphi.(B-O) 1.20. B-H
S. Paratyphi.(C-O) 1.80. C-H

Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tatacherie: 10:00pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hello Dr's in d house.weldone! God bless u for the good works ure doing here.
Pls I would like to know wat these test results say.
Widal test
O. H.
S.typhus 1/80 1/20.
S.paratyphia-c- 1/20.
PCV-47%.
TWBC-2,400 cells/MMs D.H
Neutrophil-42
Lymphoctne-58
Thanks alot
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:04am On Aug 06, 2015
sannies:
Hello doc. Can you pls interpret this test result for me.
WIDAL TEST. RESULT
S. Typhi. 1.80. H
S. Paratyphi.(A-O) 1.20. A-H
S. Paratyphi.(B-O) 1.20. B-H
S. Paratyphi.(C-O) 1.80. C-H

Thank you
Hi,

This is a Widal Test.

The result above is insignificant, or negative.

Significant result is when the titre is up to 1:160, or when there is a 4-fold rise in each titre when the test is repeated over the weeks.

Note that you cannot base a diagnosis of typhoid fever on this test alone, in an endemic community like ours, as the test will even pick up past cured infections or cross-react with other common disease-causing agents, eg Malaria. This is why, according to Widal test, and those who interprete it without these considerations and without clinical features, almost everybody has typhoid fever almost every time.

Diagnosis of typhoid fever is first clinical. The Widal test at best only supports a clinical diagnosis.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:16am On Aug 06, 2015
tatacherie:
Hello Dr's in d house.weldone! God bless u for the good works ure doing here.
Pls I would like to know wat these test results say.
Widal test
O. H.
S.typhus 1/80 1/20.
S.paratyphia-c- 1/20.
PCV-47%.
TWBC-2,400 cells/MMs D.H
Neutrophil-42
Lymphoctne-58
Thanks alot
Hi,

For the widal test, please refer to my response above.

Your PCV, or your blood level, is normal if you are male. It is high if you are female.

The WBC Total is low.

There is lymphocytosis, meaning that the lymphocyte is higher than it should.

The WBC count result is abnormal. It is likely a lab error. You may repeat at another lab to comfirm.

However, commom causes of the picture above are viral infections.

With your symptoms and signs, your doctor will be able to know if you have any such infections.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by udoomama(f): 12:00pm On Aug 06, 2015
Heloo dr, May God bless ur good works, pls what does it mean, when a Tvs result says Both ovaries are hyperplastic with numerous tiny follicles seen arranged peripherally around a dense stroma. No follicular maturation. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.