Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,777 members, 7,802,386 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (876697 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 4realwoman: 2:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
4realwoman:
Hello Dr, kind help me to explain the results below:
Thank you

scan result for August 2015.
scan through various planes revealed the following
Shape Anteverted uterus
Size 67mm in lenght
Endometrial thickness 35mm
Fibroids None
Menstrual phase secretory

OVARIES RIGHT LEFT
Normal yes yes
Size N/A 38x17mm
Not demonstrated No No
Cyst No No
Antral follicle count Only on TVS Only on TVS

FREE FLUID: no free fluid seen in the pouch of Douglas
COMMENT:
Multiple hypoechoic solid masses were noted.
Mass 1 measured 76x63mm ( posterior mid uterine subserous)
Mass 2 measured 30x25mm (intracautary)
Mass 3 measured 28x24mm (Anterior miduterine intramural)

IMPRESSION: Multiple uterine myoma

SCAN Result for September 2015
PELVIC SCAN
The uterus is bulky in size, non gravid and anteverted measuring 89mm in AP diameter.
there are well defined hypo echoic masses measuring 62mmx49mm and 21mmx18mm in sizes repectively noted at the anterior aspect of the uterus suggestive of multiple uterine myoma.
Endometrial echopattern is noted and normal.
Both adnexae are free
pouch of Douglas contain sizable collection of fluod suggestive of inflammatory.

CONCLUSION
* MULTIPLE INTRAMURAL FIBROID
* PID
* BULKY UTERUS
*HOWEVER ADVISED TO DO HVS/URINE MUS FOR FURTHER EVALUATION.

Good afternoon Dr, please help me interpret the result.

Thank you sir.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 2:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
Jennifer89:
good morning Dr. more power to your elbow. i was told by my Dr. to come for induction because I'm 41 weeks 3 days can't i stay up to 42 weeks before induction or is there any risk?
Good day,

The standard practice is to induce at 41W3D.

The more you wait, the more the risks. The risk increases everyday. The risks include a bigger baby, a weaker baby, a less resilient baby or a dead one! It may not happen, but may also happen.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Honeyberry007: 11:32pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hi Doc
Good Evening.

So happy to see this page. I really appreciate your effort.

Firstly... My mum always complains that her head and her back are always burning her (internal burning sensational). She had gone to many hospitals, and she has done many scans and x ray but they didn't find anything. But d last doctor she visit said its because she has ulcer. He gave her some drugs and d pain reduced but later it started again. please if you have any idea of what might stop it completely i'll be very happy, cos d pain is too much for her.

Secondly... I just had a CS a month ago, after much complication cos my baby died in me at 25wks old. After the CS my stitches opened and it didt heal normally again cos up till now am still going for dressing cos its not fully covered. Please i'll like to know how long i will have to wait before i get pregnant again.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 12:33pm On Sep 19, 2015
4realwoman:

Good afternoon Dr, please help me interpret the result.

Thank you sir.
Hi,

Both results showed you have multiple large fibroids in your womb.

The second scan showed significant free fluid in the pouch of Douglas, suggesting a PID.

Other things are normal.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 12:44pm On Sep 19, 2015
Honeyberry007:
Hi Doc
Good Evening.

So happy to see this page. I really appreciate your effort.

Firstly... My mum always complains that her head and her back are always burning her (internal burning sensational). She had gone to many hospitals, and she has done many scans and x ray but they didn't find anything. But d last doctor she visit said its because she has ulcer. He gave her some drugs and d pain reduced but later it started again. please if you have any idea of what might stop it completely i'll be very happy, cos d pain is too much for her.

Secondly... I just had a CS a month ago, after much complication cos my baby died in me at 25wks old. After the CS my stitches opened and it didt heal normally again cos up till now am still going for dressing cos its not fully covered. Please i'll like to know how long i will have to wait before i get pregnant again.
Hi,

How old is your mom? If she is around or past her menopause, the most likely diagnosis is menopausal symptoms, specifically "Hot flushes". There are prescription medicines that will help, and the symptoms will improve with time.

You should give a 2-year gap between this CS and your next baby, meaning you should start trying to conceive after about a year from the operation. The reason is to prevent rupture of your womb in your next pregnancy/labour.The longer you wait, the stronger the scar from the CS and the better your chances of delivering vaginally next time without complications.

I am curious to know why you were operated on when the fetus was known to have been dead. Or was it a case of placenta praevia with uncontrollable bleeding and dead fetus?

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Honeyberry007: 2:34pm On Sep 19, 2015
omicron:
Hi,

How old is your mom? If she is around or past her menopause, the most likely diagnosis is menopausal symptoms, specifically "Hot flushes". There are prescription medicines that will help, and the symptoms will improve with time.

You should give a 2-year gap between this CS and your next baby, meaning you should start trying to conceive after about a year from the operation. The reason is to prevent rupture of your womb in your next pregnancy/labour.The longer you wait, the stronger the scar from the CS and the better your chances of delivering vaginally next time without complications.

I am curious to know why you were operated on when the fetus was known to have been dead. Or was it a case of placenta praevia with uncontrollable bleeding and dead fetus?

All the best.

Thanks alot for your reply.

My mum is 53yrs. Please can you prescribe the medicine that can help her for me or is there any type of test she'll have to take before you prescribe the drug?

As for me, there was no case at all. Cos i just went for scan and discovered that my baby does not have any heartbeat and it was confirmed dead. The doctor said he can't see any cause of the fetus death. They induced me so i can expel but my cervix didn't dilate, i was in labor for 3days and nothing on the 4th day they carried out a DnC, but the contraction continues and the pain doubled, so the referred me to do a scan and Xray. When the result came out it shows that majority of the fetus was still remaining and was not in a good position. So they settled for a surgery because i couldn't go through the pain again. They said it was a complicated issue and all through that period i was semi conscious.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 4realwoman: 5:59pm On Sep 19, 2015
omicron:
Hi,

Both results showed you have multiple large fibroids in your womb.

The second scan showed significant free fluid in the pouch of Douglas, suggesting a PID.

Other things are normal.

All the best.

Thank you doctor, please should I be worried and will it affect me getting pregnant.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:21pm On Sep 19, 2015
4realwoman:

Thank you doctor, please should I be worried and will it affect me getting pregnant.
You are welcome.

I cannot really say for sure. Have you been ttc? If you have been ttc, and you have no other reason to explain it, the fibroids could be the cause.

Fibroids interfere with fertility when they distort the endometrium (which is not the case with you according to the scan) or when they press on and occlude the tubes (which cannot certainly be seen on scans).

Another reason to worry is when they start to give you potentially serious problems, such as heavy menses or pelvic pains.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 7:29pm On Sep 19, 2015
Honeyberry007:

Thanks alot for your reply.

My mum is 53yrs. Please can you prescribe the medicine that can help her for me or is there any type of test she'll have to take before you prescribe the drug?

As for me, there was no case at all. Cos i just went for scan and discovered that my baby does not have any heartbeat and it was confirmed dead. The doctor said he can't see any cause of the fetus death. They induced me so i can expel but my cervix didn't dilate, i was in labor for 3days and nothing on the 4th day they carried out a DnC, but the contraction continues and the pain doubled, so the referred me to do a scan and Xray. When the result came out it shows that majority of the fetus was still remaining and was not in a good position. So they settled for a surgery because i couldn't go through the pain again. They said it was a complicated issue and all through that period i was semi conscious.
Ok.

She is certainly just past menopause or around it. It is unethical and not the best for her should I prescribe for her, since I have not seen her. She may see a gynae, rather than a GP.

I now understand the circumstances around your operation. It is indeed a perculiar case. I hope you ruled out gestational diabetes as the cause of the intrauterine foetal death, so that you would be more watchful in subsequent pregnancies.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 4realwoman: 10:21pm On Sep 19, 2015
omicron:
You are welcome.

I cannot really say for sure. Have you been ttc? If you have been ttc, and you have no other reason to explain it, the fibroids could be the cause.

Fibroids interfere with fertility when they distort the endometrium (which is not the case with you according to the scan) or when they press on and occlude the tubes (which cannot certainly be seen on scans).

Another reason to worry is when they start to give you potentially serious problems, such as heavy menses or pelvic pains.

All the best.

Thank you doctor and God bless you sir.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Honeyberry007: 12:38am On Sep 20, 2015
omicron:
Hi,

All the best.

omicron:
You are welcome.
All the best.
omicron:
Hi,

All the best.

No gestational diabetes.
Thank You Very Much Doc. I really appreciate ur help. God Bless You.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dazzle86(f): 5:42pm On Sep 20, 2015
hello Dr.
I had abdominal myo two weeks back,and I am recovering pretty well. Dr said he cut into my uterus in three places to remove my multiple fibroids. I want to know what my chances are of having a vaginal birth. I don't have any children and I am 29 years old and married.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Pepemi: 9:10pm On Sep 20, 2015
Hello Dr Omicron. Please can you suggest what I should do? I always have pain DURING and few days AFTER sex. I feel pains in my back/waist line, below my abdomen, around my pelvis region those are the specific area when I feel the pain. Though mild but I feel uncomfortable. Please what do u advice I do?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 6:45am On Sep 21, 2015
Dazzle86:
hello Dr.
I had abdominal myo two weeks back,and I am recovering pretty well. Dr said he cut into my uterus in three places to remove my multiple fibroids. I want to know what my chances are of having a vaginal birth. I don't have any children and I am 29 years old and married.
Hi,

The minimum time that should elapse before you try to conceive is 6 months, but the longer the better the chances, and of course, the pregnancy would be managed in a tertiary centre.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 6:51am On Sep 21, 2015
Pepemi:
Hello Dr Omicron. Please can you suggest what I should do? I always have pain DURING and few days AFTER sex. I feel pains in my back/waist line, below my abdomen, around my pelvis region those are the specific area when I feel the pain. Though mild but I feel uncomfortable. Please what do u advice I do?
Hi,

Has it always been so, or is it a new symptom?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Pepemi: 7:50am On Sep 21, 2015
omicron:
Hi,
Has it always been so, or is it a new symptom?
It has been like that since I became active....
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dazzle86(f): 2:53pm On Sep 21, 2015
omicron:
Hi,

The minimum time that should elapse before you try to conceive is 6 months, but the longer the better the chances, and of course, the pregnancy would be managed in a tertiary centre.

All the best.

Thanks Doctor. just worried the fibroids will grow back, plus I am eager to start a family.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by eolowu1(f): 8:25pm On Sep 21, 2015
gud evening doc, pls can severe migraine headache cause miscarriage cos d 3 miscarriages dat I had happened during and 1day after I had d headache
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ladokuntlad(m): 12:35pm On Sep 22, 2015
Good morning doctors in the house
my problem goes thus.
Had an unprotected sex for 5consecutive days (3weeks from now)
and abt a week now
I started aving bak pain, which lata went
now for 5days now av been avin pain during urination and pain wen I squeeze my joystick.

My fear is either chlamydia or gonorrhea based on online reviews.

Now my question is which drug/antibiotic can I use to cure this (price range needed)

Pls reply needed asap
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mubzay(f): 8:09pm On Sep 22, 2015
ladokuntlad:
Good morning doctors in the house
my problem goes thus.
Had an unprotected sex for 5consecutive days (3weeks from now)
and abt a week now
I started aving bak pain, which lata went
now for 5days now av been avin pain during urination and pain wen I squeeze my joystick.

My fear is either chlamydia or gonorrhea based on online reviews.

Now my question is which drug/antibiotic can I use to cure this (price range needed)

Pls reply needed asap
Am not a doc but concerned. Go for a urine n semen culture. Then d appropriate drugs will be given to u. Pls dnt self medicate.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Janix2: 8:40pm On Sep 22, 2015
Gudeven,pls can staph infection cause blocked fallopian tube,did hsg and one of my tubes are blocked,been treating this staph for a long time now,and how many times shld an hsg be done to ascertain the correct result,I have done it only once,
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 23, 2015
Janix2:
Gudeven,pls can staph infection cause blocked fallopian tube,did hsg and one of my tubes are blocked,been treating this staph for a long time now,and how many times shld an hsg be done to ascertain the correct result,I have done it only once,

Staphylococcal infection hasn't been known to cause fallopian tube blockage.Inshort,infective case of the pelvic organs may require a polymicrobial activity of which the staphylococcal infective species will have to associate with other disease-causing pathogens warding about the pelvis.

A test shows an otherwise? The chance that a staphylococcus infective strain can cause an occlusion of the tube is quite small.

You can go for it as much as you wish either to confirm or diffuse the first test implication.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 23, 2015
eolowu1:
gud evening doc, pls can severe migraine headache cause miscarriage cos d 3 miscarriages dat I had happened during and 1day after I had d headache

Migraine hasn't been known as a causative factors to any form of miscarriage.Inshort,it should be that there should be a primary condition responsible for your pregnancy in line or complicating with a migraine.

If at all you're having a pregnancy,please try in yourself to alert your doctor about this.Meanwhile,you are advice to have a good rest,eat good food,take in much water,stressless exercise.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by prettmum(f): 10:02am On Sep 24, 2015
Good day doc, please can high blood pressure cause misscarrig? Cause I my bp was high when I misscArried.
Thanks for ur prompt reply
Happy sallah
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Chili89: 10:54am On Sep 24, 2015
Good morning Doc. May God reward you for all u have been doing.my test result says that I have moderate staph, and I was told to take either Rocephine Inj, Erythromycin, Gentamin or Ciproxin and I'm ttc for a month now. Can it be cured?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 24, 2015
prettmum:
Good day doc, please can high blood pressure cause misscarrig? Cause I my bp was high when I misscArried.
Thanks for ur prompt reply
Happy sallah

Madam.

A common cause to most miscarriage is pregancy induced high blood pressure.Once a blood pressure has surmounted above 140/90,it becomes dicey for the woman and the fetus.

Not only that,high blood pressure can steam out as complication with respect to other conditions during the time of a woman's confinement.Ensure to maintain a good health to prevent a permanent stay of PIH.

Happy Sallah!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 24, 2015
Chili89:
Good morning Doc. May God reward you for all u have been doing.my test result says that I have moderate staph, and I was told to take either Rocephine Inj, Erythromycin, Gentamin or Ciproxin and I'm ttc for a month now. Can it be cured?

Madam.

Those are the available sensitivities for infective strains of the staphylococcus species.Finding a complete or wholistic treatment depends on the bacterial sensitivity to the drugs.Infact,being moderate may not dissolve into a full blown infection except the body chemistry is somehow distorted.

Having known this,one is carefully advice to stick to sentivity and specificity.

N/B-That a test shows a staphylococcus species (some strains) was cultured does not mean one has a staphylococcal infection.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by preachersdota: 11:40am On Sep 25, 2015
Hello Doc, noticed something growing in my right eye and went to the hospital on tues but was asked to come back nExt week tues. Woke up this morning and notice its entered d left eye. Am really scared and confused
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 25, 2015
preachersdota:
Hello Doc, noticed something growing in my right eye and went to the hospital on tues but was asked to come back nExt week tues. Woke up this morning and notice its entered d left eye. Am really scared and confused

Post your question to this link.
Thank you!

https://www.nairaland.com/3465/doctor-house-free-medical-advice
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Caringpro(f): 6:11am On Sep 26, 2015
hello dr plz u want to knw wht is the cause of sore /wound by the side of my vagina after making luv with huzy. i always notice that and a few days it will heal by itself. i hv treated infection. i dnt knw wht could be the cause
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Fumbaby: 6:10pm On Sep 28, 2015
Goodpm doc, can I start bromergon on CD1
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mubzay(f): 6:28pm On Sep 28, 2015
Good evening Drs: pls will like to ask if I can post a peadiatic question here or there is a link/thread to dt. If yes, kndly hlp with d link to d thread. God bless u sirs.

Cc: omicron
Cc: luckyG1
Cc:twichinne

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.