Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (877414 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by broadstreet: 7:25pm On Sep 28, 2015
hi doctor
please help me interpret this results
SAMPLE PRODUCE SEMEN
COLLECTION MODE COITUS
ABSTINUENCE 5DAYS
VOLUME 3.5MLS
VISCOUSITY MODERATE
COLOUR GREYISH
ODOUR NORMAL
LIQUEFACTION <30MINS
PH 8.0
MICRO: WBC-2-3/HPF, PUS -4-6HPF, BACT -《++》, EPTH- (+)
Morphology Normal-40%, abnormal- (head defect-40%, tail defect -20%
motility: fast progressive -20%, non motile -50%
progression active -30%, passive -70%
count : 38×10×6 cell/ml (normal range: 20-150×10×6 cell/ml)
culture: yeided no significant growth after 48hrs of incubation @37degree
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sanrima(f): 9:06pm On Sep 29, 2015
Hello doctor please how safe are fansider and unbranded amoxicillin in first trimester. Just found out am pregnant but the drugs were prescribed to me last week when I had typhoid and malaria. Should I continue or not. Please help. Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2015
hello doctor

I've been dealing with primary dysmenorrhea for 9 years, I've been taking ALABUKUN once a month for the past 9 years to curb the pain

I hope this drug won't affect my fertility when it is time to conceive
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 30, 2015
Caringpro:
hello dr plz u want to knw wht is the cause of sore /wound by the side of my vagina after making luv with huzy. i always notice that and a few days it will heal by itself. i hv treated infection. i dnt knw wht could be the cause

When has this condition been?
Painful or painless wound?
After or befor ulceration,do you have any sign or symptom attach to this?
Any complaint from your husby?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
Fumbaby:
Goodpm doc, can I start bromergon on CD1

Yes! You can!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 30, 2015
mubzay:
Good evening Drs: pls will like to ask if I can post a peadiatic question here or there is a link/thread to dt. If yes, kndly hlp with d link to d thread. God bless u sirs.

Cc: omicron
Cc: lucky1
Cc:twichinne

You can!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 30, 2015
sanrima:
Hello doctor please how safe are fansider and unbranded amoxicillin in first trimester. Just found out am pregnant but the drugs were prescribed to me last week when I had typhoid and malaria. Should I continue or not. Please help. Thanks.

By now i guess it should have been late and a better decision taken.Nevertheless,the medication should be discontinued until advise to by a physical doctor.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 30, 2015
mistytohcute:
hello doctor

I've been dealing with primary dysmenorrhea for 9 years, I've been taking ALABUKUN once a month for the past 9 years to curb the pain

I hope this drug won't affect my fertility when it is time to conceive

I can't tell if Alabukun can actually affect the fertility of a woman.How sure are you,it is just a primary dysmenorrhea?
But on using it once a month is quite okay if at all it is affecting your hormone range in an infinitesimal limit.

Take with caution and such admixture with alcohol should be avoided.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 30, 2015
LuckyG1:

I can't tell if Alabukun can actually affect the fertility of a woman.How sure are you,it is just a primary dysmenorrhea?
But on using it once a month is quite okay if at all it is affecting your hormone range in an infinitesimal limit.

Take with caution and such admixture with alcohol should be avoided.

thank you doctor

I've had the pain since my 2nd menstruation
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Cwai: 6:56pm On Sep 30, 2015
h
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Cwai: 7:06pm On Sep 30, 2015
Hello Gyns in the house. Is having abdominal pains on the left side of the stomach and brownish vaginal discharge something to worry about?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 30, 2015
Gud evening docs in d house. I posted here some weeks back,abt having severe pcos. Since I got married abt 3yrs ago,I ve to induce AF before it will come. I was given duphason to take from 2nd to 6th sep, AF came on d 9th for 3day. I was suppose to take it from Oct 2-6 according to d pharmacist I met, but AF came on it own today. Pls docs is it d duphason or my hormone is trying to balance?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:22am On Oct 01, 2015
Cwai:
Hello Gyns in the house. Is having abdominal pains on the left side of the stomach and brownish vaginal discharge something to worry about?

Madam.

Rare though,brownish vaginal is linked with late menstrual flow exit or dysfunctional endometrial tissue elimination.This render the vagina discharge to be mixed with attenuated cells of the uterine lining.It may require some cramps,as in the show of the lower abdominal pains.

Some further reason of observing brownish could be ascertain to the use of blood thinning medication,some women on using some malaria medication do also observe similar occurrence.

If this kind of discharge is followed by other symptoms such as spotting,or it becoming somehow red,it is adviceable for you to meet up with Laboratory scientist of the clinic domain for a proper Smear test.An ECS or HVS for PID and pelvis Ultrasound to the uterus and adnexa.In all,see a doctor if symptom goes beyond a week.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 01, 2015
shat01:
Gud evening docs in d house. I posted here some weeks back,abt having severe pcos. Since I got married abt 3yrs ago,I ve to induce AF before it will come. I was given duphason to take from 2nd to 6th sep, AF came on d 9th for 3day. I was suppose to take it from Oct 2-6 according to d pharmacist I met, but AF came on it own today. Pls docs is it d duphason or my hormone is trying to balance?

Madam.

Having observe a flow doesn't mean ones cycle is trying to balance and may occur as its own round of irregularity.Bleeding on taking Duphaston is not reckoned as a cycle bleeding-the intake of this hormone syntethic pill only help in dislodging the aging of the endometrial body resulting in too delicateness of the endometrium on excess used.This is while women observe bleeding on using it and thus become efficacious in rendering the abnormal range of estrogen on the high side discontinuous resulting in the endometrium breakdown.

Perhaps,the duphaston could have initiated this later occurence or may not.It might also be one of your normal irregularity too.Assuming it was wroth by Duphaston,it is adviceable then to continue on it use in other for your cycle to improve for the time being advised to.One knowledge far not too vague is that Duphaston is a stick-on-use medication-it does not balance the serum the progesterone.It importance lies in its use,on stopping it may provoke the reverse or the reverse worst.

You are advice to stick to mode of medication as prescribe by your doctor.Manage a good health with respect to your PCOS and once again,try and know the profile ranges of your hormones.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 01, 2015
Happy independence to all the women in this Health section and doctors respectively.

For all the TTCs,don't worry.In this month of October,i speak and call children into your wombs.

6 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 01, 2015
Women.

Without wasting time,i simply call your indulgence with respect to how you wish to be attended to.Umpteen time,health agents in this thread do feel we don't give our advocacy in specificity.This is hindsight is in our part.Nonetheless,i write in request of a support from you in a simple piece or mentioning to tell us on how to improve on our service to humanity with regards to this thread.

Please be thorough,write out your mind,nobody will kill you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Hibkay: 7:52pm On Oct 01, 2015
Hello Doctor, Please I have bn having vaginal discharge since 10 months ago. I have been to d hospital severally but d discharge still persist. I did lab test and was given ciprofloxacin,flagyl,vit c and a cream mycoten...I completed d drugs 3wks ago but d discharge is still coming. Kindly help. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mastech1(m): 8:30pm On Oct 01, 2015
Pls Doctors, is there anytn on this i need to worry about on this below results and if yes ur advice will be important. Investigation: SFA/M/C/S. Sample provided: semen. Time taken : 9:20a.m. Time examined: 9:30a.m. Volume: 2ml. Viscosity: watery. Colour: creamy. Odour: nomal. Liquefaction: <10mins. Ph: 8.5. Micro: wbc 2-3/hpf, pus 3-5/hpf, bact (++), epth (+). Mophology: nomal 70%, abnomal (head defect) 20% tail defect 10%. Mobility: fast prog. 60%, slow 15%, non prog. 15@, non motile 10%. Progretion: active 75%, passive 25%. Count: 78 x 10^6 cell/ml.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mubzay(f): 11:36am On Oct 02, 2015
Hello Dr, did a pelvic scan and showed a live singleton feotus in unstable presentation corresponding to a cyesis of 11w6d GA. What does it mean. D placenta is anterio
Imp: live single gestation at 11w6d
Tnk u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ese1: 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
embarassed Help Dr, my recommend i take Parlodel tables every morning, she said it will help me conceive which I have started taking four and half weeks, I still saw my period this month and feeling very down. What should I do.
My friend and her friends took parlodel and conceived without being prescribe by a doctor. Should I continue taking it?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2015
mubzay:
Hello Dr, did a pelvic scan and showed a live singleton feotus in unstable presentation corresponding to a cyesis of 11w6d GA. What does it mean. D placenta is anterio
Imp: live single gestation at 11w6d
Tnk u
ur scan report s OK, nothing to worry abt. Happy bumping. Sorry I didn't c ur earlier post abt posting paediatric question(u murdered my moniker, lol).
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mubzay(f): 6:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
tchiwinnie:
ur scan report s OK, nothing to worry abt. Happy bumping. Sorry I didn't c ur earlier post abt posting paediatric question(u murdered my moniker, lol).
Thank u ma. So sorry abt d moniker. Was confused when I saw acyesis (I now thot it meant a cyesis den the impression read 11w6D. ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ for soothing my relief. God bless u.
Pls what abt d unstable presentation? Shud I be worried?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 02, 2015
mastech1:
Pls Doctors, is there anytn on this i need to worry about on this below results and if yes ur advice will be important. Investigation: SFA/M/C/S. Sample provided: semen. Time taken : 9:20a.m. Time examined: 9:30a.m. Volume: 2ml. Viscosity: watery. Colour: creamy. Odour: nomal. Liquefaction: <10mins. Ph: 8.5. Micro: wbc 2-3/hpf, pus 3-5/hpf, bact (++), epth (+). Mophology: nomal 70%, abnomal (head defect) 20% tail defect 10%. Mobility: fast prog. 60%, slow 15%, non prog. 15@, non motile 10%. Progretion: active 75%, passive 25%. Count: 78 x 10^6 cell/ml.
Perfect!

You must be a strongman!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by broadstreet: 8:24pm On Oct 02, 2015
hi doctor please help me interpret this results SAMPLE PRODUCE Fluid COLLECTION MODE Reproduction ABSTINUENCE 5DAYS VOLUME 3.5MLS VISCOUSITY MODERATE COLOUR GREYISH ODOUR NORMAL LIQUEFACTION <30MINS PH 8.0 MICRO: WBC-2-3/HPF, PUS -4-6HPF, BACT -《++》, EPTH- (+) Morphology Normal-40%, abnormal- (head defect-40%, tail defect -20% motility: fast progressive -20%, non motile -50% progression active -30%, passive -70% count : 38×10×6 cell/ml (normal range: 20-150×10×6 cell/ml) culture: yeided no significant growth after 48hrs of incubation @37degree
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 02, 2015
Ese1:
embarassed Help Dr, my recommend i take Parlodel tables every morning, she said it will help me conceive which I have started taking four and half weeks, I still saw my period this month and feeling very down. What should I do.
My friend and her friends took parlodel and conceived without being prescribe by a doctor. Should I continue taking it?

Madam.

Parlodel can not make a woman to become pregnant.Parlodel can only help a woman having problem with high serum prolactin to have a good chance of conception by balancing this hormone.
The expectation of using Parlodel should be a profound or a slight decrease in the high prolactin before the thought of conception.
Parlodel should be discontinued on the advice of a physical doctor if it hasn't proved efficacious to the high prolactin.However,some physician may see the need to put you up for a 2-cycle more making a combination with Clomifene citrate.

It wouldn't be adviceable to take drugs just because your friends did.Parlodel is only prescribed for cases of sub-clinical or clinical cases of high prolactin,using Parlodel when your prolactin is normal can affect its distribution and sexuality generally.

Do a test to know your fertility status and follow advice as rendered.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 02, 2015
Hibkay:
Hello Doctor, Please I have bn having vaginal discharge since 10 months ago. I have been to d hospital severally but d discharge still persist. I did lab test and was given ciprofloxacin,flagyl,vit c and a cream mycoten...I completed d drugs 3wks ago but d discharge is still coming. Kindly help. Thanks

What is the characteristic of the discharge,in colour,odour and texture?

Is this discharge coming excessive or limiting?

Do you experience this discharging more during your ovulation period?

Do you douche or often wash your vagina with (soap) water?

Anything more we should know relating to this?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 02, 2015
mubzay:
Thank u ma. So sorry abt d moniker. Was confused when I saw acyesis (I now thot it meant a cyesis den the impression read 11w6D. ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ for soothing my relief. God bless u.
Pls what abt d unstable presentation? Shud I be worried?
Madam.

Your pregnancy is on a good bump.You are 11weeks 6days passed.Placenta on the anterior,means it is located at the upper end of the womb,region wasn't specific.

Being at 11w6d,there is still enough time for the fetus to move to the normal presentation provided that your amniotic fluid is not draining off in a fast rush.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
tchiwinnie:

Madam.

I greet o.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by broadstreet: 10:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
Doctor pls attend to my question
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mastech1(m): 2:13am On Oct 03, 2015
LuckyG1:

Perfect!

You must be a strongman!
. Thanks, but my wife is ttc after 9month, am just worried what d problem may be and d major reason i went to d test,
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bibeetee: 6:35am On Oct 03, 2015
Gud morning docs. I av bn TTC after loosing my right tube to ectopic pregnancy last year. I don't know what to do.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by udysweet(f): 6:35am On Oct 03, 2015
LuckyG1:

Do a test to know your fertility status and follow advice as rendered.

Goodmorn doc,God bless ur efforts! Pls wat sort of test is it? I wld lov to do jus to b certain of myself. Lik to add here dat I experience nipple discharge for years and was told can affect conception. Seems I dnt ovulate too.
I sent u a PM not too long ago,nev got a reply
Hop to read frm u,God bless smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.