Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,778 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (877353 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 5:19pm On Feb 07, 2016
cpapa:
Good day Doc. please my wife is 4weeks pregnant, is it advisable for her to take multivitamins nd pregnacare?

Hello cpapa

Congrats on the pregnancy.

Both not necessary. Either of the two is ok. Especially if the multivitamin is a top brand.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dazzle86(f): 6:46pm On Feb 07, 2016
hello Doctor, what can I do to get pregnant. I have tried for three cycles now. I had a myomectomy last year. i have done scan ,my womb is fibroids free. my husband's SA is OK. I have been taking folic acid everyday. I use opk ,and bd during my fertile period. Still don't know why it has not happened. I am getting apprehensive.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Janix2: 6:49pm On Feb 07, 2016
Gudeveni doc am in my midcycle just noticed that I had this pepperish sensation y and after urinating in my veejay,with some blood stain. What could be wroong,am worried,neva experience such
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by phameous: 12:39am On Feb 08, 2016
Hello docs in d house, am 20weeks and a about 5days pregnant, but I hardly feel any kicks infact I doubt ive felt any kick yet, don't know if its normal. And lately almost every cooked food I eat gives me heartburn esp @nite which cud keep me awake for a longer period dan usual...wud love to get explanations plzzz so as to understand myself...
*it's my first preg*

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mubzay(f): 9:44am On Feb 08, 2016
phameous:
Hello docs in d house, am 20weeks and a about 5days pregnant, but I hardly feel any kicks infact I doubt ive felt any kick yet, don't know if its normal. And lately almost every cooked food I eat gives me heartburn esp @nite which cud keep me awake for a longer period dan usual...wud love to get explanations plzzz so as to understand myself...
*it's my first preg*
To be on d safe side, go for an ultrasound scan and ccomplain to ur gynae doctor in ur next ANC. Its well.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 9:49am On Feb 08, 2016
Dazzle86:
hello Doctor, what can I do to get pregnant. I have tried for three cycles now. I had a myomectomy last year. i have done scan ,my womb is fibroids free. my husband's SA is OK. I have been taking folic acid everyday. I use opk ,and bd during my fertile period. Still don't know why it has not happened. I am getting apprehensive.

Hello dazzle86
What you can do to get pregnant is, firstly stay cool.
How long have you been married? Have you ever been pregnant? How old are you? What tests have you done? What drugs/interventions have been instituted? What did your last doctor recommend?

Why it hasn't happened yet is the bane of the problem and we'll get there, but there's a methodological approach. So regale me your story.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 9:55am On Feb 08, 2016
Janix2:
Gudeveni doc am in my midcycle just noticed that I had this pepperish sensation y and after urinating in my veejay,with some blood stain. What could be wroong,am worried,neva experience such

Hello janix2

Peppery sensation, blood stained urine. I recommend you visit your clinic. Please you have to, if possible today. Detailed questioning and investigation will be performed.
If you need a second opinion afterwards, let me know.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Janix2: 11:23am On Feb 08, 2016
Baxilexi:

Hello janix2

Peppery sensation, blood stained urine. I recommend you visit your clinic. Please you have to, if possible today. Detailed questioning and investigation will be performed.
If you need a second opinion afterwards, let me know.

Thanks doc,no blood stain again,it just a little of the peppery sensation now,i will watch it for a while,thanks doc. God bless U
It is possible to spot during ovulation or one fertile time
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 12:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
Janix2:

Thanks doc,no blood stain again,it just a little of the peppery sensation now,i will watch it for a while,thanks doc. God bless U
It is possible to spot during ovulation or one fertile time

Spotting in-between menses is a whole different ball game.

In your case the bleeding may be from/because somewhere/thing else. Might be an infection. And for someone trying to conceive you shouldn't gamble with it, might just compound issues.

Kindly visit your clinc.

Thank you too.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Janix2: 1:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
Baxilexi:

Spotting in-between menses is a whole different ball game.

In your case the bleeding may be from/because somewhere/thing else. Might be an infection. And for someone trying to conceive you shouldn't gamble with it, might just compound issues.

Kindly visit your clinc.

Thank you too.

Thanks doc the blood stain was just for a day should I be Worried,it was just wen I wiped yday,which happens to be my ovulation time,will visit the hospital today anyway,thanks sooo much.I trust that it will end in praise for me this cycle. God bless
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rukkington(f): 2:41pm On Feb 08, 2016
Good day Doc
I have a friend who is TTC jez like me but hers is 6 months. she tld me someone advised her to use ovulation boosting drug dat it will help her produce more than one egg.
I gave her li2 advise based on wat some docs tld me but she said she really want to use d drug dat her hubby really want her to conceive early..
My question now is, shld she use d drug.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 5:41pm On Feb 08, 2016
Rukkington:
Good day Doc
I have a friend who is TTC jez like me but hers is 6 months. she tld me someone advised her to use ovulation boosting drug dat it will help her produce more than one egg.
I gave her li2 advise based on wat some docs tld me but she said she really want to use d drug dat her hubby really want her to conceive early..
My question now is, shld she use d drug.

Hello rukkington

'Self' ovulation induction is not something she should do. Plus, to surmise ovulation is the problem could be reckless. OI bears the risk of multiple pregnancy amongst others.

There's something called FECUNDITY. It varies in individuals.

How about you give her the same advice I gave you.

Better still she should make known her intentions to her doctor.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bamiyo05: 5:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hello doctor,I have been having this cramp at the lower and right hand side of my abdomen since yesterday,am on my mild circle.Pls what may be the cause?am ttc.Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 6:31pm On Feb 08, 2016
bamiyo05:
Hello doctor,I have been having this cramp at the lower and right hand side of my abdomen since yesterday,am on my mild circle.Pls what may be the cause?am ttc.Thanks

Hello bamiyo05

Your question is a bit difficult to answer. Right quadrant abdominal (cramp)pain has a long list of plausible causes, so pin-pointing the exact cause is kind of difficult.

What you can do is, go to a clinic(health center). Place your complaint have some examinations and tests done. Then, if you need further clarification I'll be glad to assist.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rukkington(f): 7:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
Baxilexi:

Hello rukkington
'Self' ovulation induction is not something she should do. Plus, to surmise ovulation is the problem could be reckless. OI bears the risk of multiple pregnancy amongst others.
There's something called FECUNDITY. It varies in individuals.
How about you give her the same advice I gave you.
Better still she should make known her intentions to her doctor.

Thnx Doc.... I will try my best in convincing her
I av checked d meaning of fecundity but don't understand y u mentioned it
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
Rukkington:

Thnx Doc.... I will try my best in convincing her
I av checked d meaning of fecundity but don't understand y u mentioned it

Please do.

Now that you know what fecundity is, check fecundability.

This is the definition I was aiming for.

I mentioned those to give you an idea of a normalcy of variation in conception of a given population.

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by angiemartinez(f): 9:11pm On Feb 08, 2016
Baxilexi:

Hello Angie
Sorry about the abortion.
To your first question..... There's a myriad of pathologies associated with 1st trimester abortion. From things like chromosomal abnormality being the most common, hormonal imbalance to idiopathic(unknown). So don't beat yourself up.

No 2. How soon you'll conceive is debateable, in African women we've seen record breaking post partum conceptions. But textbooks/convention would agree from end of puerperium (6wks) to 6months. Anything outside may call for some investigations.

No 3. Hasten conception? Its beyond your control. Both gametes, organs, systems + relaxed minds have to be ready. Is your menstrual period now regular?

No 4. Its a 50/50 percent deal. Plus, doing a salpingoplasty also comes with its own risks. Discuss with your doctor and let him/her decide what's best.

Thanks a lot doc, my period is regular now. 28 days circle, it started this morning. Hubby is not around so I plan visiting him next week when I am ovulating. What and what do we need to do? A nurse told me to take vit E immediately after my circle, is it ok? Pls wish me luck, and also pray for me pls. Thanks once again
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by lululuv(f): 10:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hello doc, I am single and 30yrs, can I take folic acid, hope to get married soon and what type of test is advisable for intending couples. Is there anything, drug or suplements that a single girl can be taken to ensuRe she is fertile. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 10:53pm On Feb 08, 2016
angiemartinez:

Thanks a lot doc, my period is regular now. 28 days circle, it started this morning. Hubby is not around so I plan visiting him next week when I am ovulating. What and what do we need to do? A nurse told me to take vit E immediately after my circle, is it ok? Pls wish me luck, and also pray for me pls. Thanks once again

Hello angiemartinez

I'm glad your menses in regular.

What and what to do? Stay cool, ENJOY THE INTIMACY(get the juices flowing, aim for orgasm. Lookup 'upsuck theory'), let nature, then God handle the rest.

Vit E? No harm in taking it, good for libido, but I wouldn't place too much premium on that.

Luck and prayer? "may the glory of the lord be revealed in your life(womb), and all flesh shall see it, because the lord has spoken it".

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 11:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
lululuv:
Hello doc, I am single and 30yrs, can I take folic acid, hope to get married soon and what type of test is advisable for intending couples. Is there anything, drug or suplements that a single girl can be taken to ensuRe she is fertile. Thanks

Hello lululuv

Take Folic acid? Yeah, sure. I recommend multivitamins or supplements. Every woman of child bearing age should take those.

Tests for intending couples? Blood group, genotype, HIV I&II screening, HEP B, VDRL all before you say I do. Others come after.

Drug to ensure fertility? Not to ensure. But there are drugs to enhance fertility. Pregnacare conception is making the rounds.

May your nuptial/marital desires come through soonest.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by okhionkpai: 1:46am On Feb 09, 2016
Baxilexi:

Hello dazzle86
How long have you been married? Have you ever been pregnant? How old are you? What tests have you done? What drugs/interventions have been instituted? What did your last doctor recommend?

Why it hasn't happened yet is the bane of the problem and we'll get there, but there's a methodological approach. So regale me your story.

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dazzle86(f): 2:01am On Feb 09, 2016
Baxilexi:

Hello dazzle86

Thanks Dr,I am 29.. l have run a couple of tests. HSG,I had patent tubes,also did scan which revealed fibroids. had surgery last year to get them removed, also had hydrotubation about two months after surgery. ,I had an ultrasound scan again just to make sure all is well and I was told I have a healthy fibroid free womb. my Dh's SA was fine,the count and motility. I started TTC in Dec, I have had three cycles and no luck. I know I ovulate because I get ovulation pains during mid cycle and I also confirmed it with opk. I just wonder what's taking so long. I am in my 4th cycle trying, currently in my 2ww,AF is due in about two days and I am not seeing any of the usual pregnancy signs one hears or reads about, so I feel I am out this cycle.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by lululuv(f): 8:29am On Feb 09, 2016
Thanks for your response Doc, can a single girl who isn't pregnant yet start taking pregnacare? Can you recommend any supliments that can be taken with the folic acid?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 10:23am On Feb 09, 2016
Dazzle86:

Thanks Dr,I am 29.. l have run a couple of tests. HSG,I had patent tubes,also did scan which revealed fibroids. had surgery last year to get them removed, also had hydrotubation about two months after surgery. ,I had an ultrasound scan again just to make sure all is well and I was told I have a healthy fibroid free womb. my Dh's SA was fine,the count and motility. I started TTC in Dec, I have had three cycles and no luck. I know I ovulate because I get ovulation pains during mid cycle and I also confirmed it with opk. I just wonder what's taking so long. I am in my 4th cycle trying, currently in my 2ww,AF is due in about two days and I am not seeing any of the usual pregnancy signs one hears or reads about, so I feel I am out this cycle.

You're already on the right path, just a little tweaking here and there.

Firstly, I would like you to do a mid cycle hormonal profile.

This might sound cliche, but try to relax and not ponder over it. You've been trying for less than a year, so you cant be labelled as subfertile.

I told someone earlier about FECUNDABILITY. It varies from person to person.

The signs you read and hear about apply to the larger population but there are always a small percentage that defiles such generics. So I wouldn't place emphasis on that. For all you know they might just be delayed.

In the mean time, lets try simpler manoeuvres. If you make use of 'feminine wash' stop it. Adopt sexual positions that support deep penetration and after orgasm adopt a supine position with your butt propped -up(gravity).

That been said, I'd review you with the hormonal profile.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 10:35am On Feb 09, 2016
lululuv:
Thanks for your response Doc, can a single girl who isn't pregnant yet start taking pregnacare? Can you recommend any supliments that can be taken with the folic acid?

Hello lululuv
Yes. Pregnacare Conception is for couples. It has the RDA for folic acid. Use it without additional folic acid.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rukkington(f): 1:00pm On Feb 09, 2016
Baxilexi:

Please do.
Now that you know what fecundity is, check fecundability.
This is the definition I was aiming for.
I mentioned those to give you an idea of a normalcy of variation in conception of a given population.

Thnx Doc
I now understand wat u are trying to say.

U didn't answer my previous question concerning cervical mucus..... I said I don't notice cervical mucus during my O but I notice oda symptoms.
Hope it wnt prevent conception

Another thing av noticed is dat, my breast hurt during my O and it wnt relief me till my next menses.. I tot I was pregnant last month because I felt d pain so much.. I'm in CD 22 and my CD is 25 and am still feeling d pain. What cld be d cause
I feel li2 cramp too once in a yl
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by angiemartinez(f): 2:07pm On Feb 09, 2016
Baxilexi:

Hello angiemartinez

I'm glad your menses in regular.

What and what to do? Stay cool, ENJOY THE INTIMACY(get the juices flowing, aim for orgasm. Lookup 'upsuck theory'), let nature, then God handle the rest.

Vit E? No harm in taking it, good for libido, but I wouldn't place too much premium on that.

Luck and prayer? "may the glory of the lord be revealed in your life(womb), and all flesh shall see it, because the lord has spoken it".
Amen and God bless. Thanks hun
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 4:51pm On Feb 09, 2016
Rukkington:

Thnx Doc
I now understand wat u are trying to say.

U didn't answer my previous question concerning cervical mucus..... I said I don't notice cervical mucus during my O but I notice oda symptoms.
Hope it wnt prevent conception

Another thing av noticed is dat, my breast hurt during my O and it wnt relief me till my next menses.. I tot I was pregnant last month because I felt d pain so much.. I'm in CD 22 and my CD is 25 and am still feeling d pain. What cld be d cause
I feel li2 cramp too once in a yl

Hello rukkington

Concerning the cervical mucus, what I'll like you to do is augment. The essential purpose of the cervical mucus amongst others is to create an alkaline viable environment for the sperm.
You're in luck tho there's a solution. PRE-SEED. Lookup the literature and purchase it.

Hurting breasts? Erm, endure it, it's going to pass. Also, tell Mr husband to go easy on them.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dazzle86(f): 7:03pm On Feb 09, 2016
Baxilexi:

You're already on the right path, just a little tweaking here and there.

Firstly, I would like you to do a mid cycle hormonal profile.

This might sound cliche, but try to relax and not ponder over it. You've been trying for less than a year, so you cant be labelled as subfertile.

I told someone earlier about FECUNDABILITY. It varies from person to person.

The signs you read and hear about apply to the larger population but there are always a small percentage that defiles such generics. So I wouldn't place emphasis on that. For all you know they might just be delayed.

In the mean time, lets try simpler manoeuvres. If you make use of 'feminine wash' stop it. Adopt sexual positions that support deep penetration and after orgasm adopt a supine position with your butt propped -up(gravity).

That been said, I'd review you with the hormonal profile.

Wow,such prompt response. Thanks Doc for the good job. Will do as say as soon as I can.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by joyfulmama1(f): 8:30am On Feb 10, 2016
Hello Doctor,
I am newly married and I and my DH are ttc, we have tried for 2 cycles now but no success. I'm sure I ovulate cos I see EWCM before my supposed ovulation date and I chart my temperature. I want to find out the other FERTILITY TESTS to take and when to take them ?? my DH feels I am in a hurry , but I feel it's better to make hay while the sun shines. Please i anticipate your response. thank u.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baxilexi(m): 3:39pm On Feb 10, 2016
joyfulmama1:
Hello Doctor,
I am newly married and I and my DH are ttc, we have tried for 2 cycles now but no success. I'm sure I ovulate cos I see EWCM before my supposed ovulation date and I chart my temperature. I want to find out the other FERTILITY TESTS to take and when to take them ?? my DH feels I am in a hurry , but I feel it's better to make hay while the sun shines. Please i anticipate your response. thank u.

Hello joyfulmama

I've got to say wow! Chart your temperature! Good looking out.

Your husband is right. 2 cycles, too soon to bring in the big guns.

Fertility tests - pelvic ultrasound scan, HSG, hormonal profile, (ovulation profile), thyroid function test, (blood group + genotype).

When should you do them? One year after regular sexual intercourse of a minimum of 3 times a week. Except those in brackets.

My advice for you at this point is, to focus on the sex more and less on the pregnancy. Anxiety mars everything. Eat healthy, less sugar and acidic foods.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by joyfulmama1(f): 7:25pm On Feb 10, 2016
Baxilexi:

Hello joyfulmama

I've got to say wow! Chart your temperature! Good looking out.

Your husband is right. 2 cycles, too soon to bring in the big guns.

Fertility tests - pelvic ultrasound scan, HSG, hormonal profile, (ovulation profile), thyroid function test, (blood group + genotype).

When should you do them? One year after regular sexual intercourse of a minimum of 3 times a week. Except those in brackets.

My advice for you at this point is, to focus on the sex more and less on the pregnancy. Anxiety mars everything. Eat healthy, less sugar and acidic foods.

smileyThanks for the quick response, I appreciate. I will take your advice. .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.