Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,535 members, 7,808,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (877490 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by wowfairy(f): 10:48am On Jul 30, 2017
Thank you for your broad explanations,i went back to do Hvs and it showed moderate growth of staph aureus with sensitivity to ciprofloxacin and erythromycin we were placed on the antibiotics and i and my husband have been abstaining.I am still getting d thick white discharge but it's not as copious as before.Pls how soon can we take a test to see if it is gone and when can we start having intercourse.thank you
LuckyG1:

Good morning and a happy Sunday,Wowfairy.
Firstly,you should appreciate the fact that once one have had P.I.D before it's of certain chance it could come back especially if one is sexually active. Chances of it returning are mostly own to self and lifestyle provided all things remain unchanged.
Sequela of the pelvic P.I.D may be as a result of:
1) Use of nonsensitive and nonspecific medications.

2) Short term treatment based on alleviating symptoms not the disease causing agent.

3) Douching or any related pattern of it that introduces vaginal microbiota into the uterine cervix.

4)Not treating ones sex partner even if the condition repeat itself more than once. Whenever a P.I.D repeats you are always to carryout a test for yourself and advice your sex partner to do so. Sometimes it could be coming back on the oblivion that your sex partner may be affairs with several copulating mates. Thus serving as a reservoir almost when you think you are done off with it.

5) Having more than one sex partner(you).

6)Using same medications for same PID complaint. Trying other sensitive medications instead of the first and first may prove helpful.

7)Not treating cases of lower abdominal and lower urinary tract infection properly.

It is therefore advisable that you do visit a medical laboratory and have another test done on you and sex partner. Stick to a different but sensitive option of treatment for you and sex partner. Stay to treatment timely required. Avoid any form of lifestyle that can cause introduction of vaginal microbiota into the womb.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by honeyjoy77: 6:36am On Aug 04, 2017
Good day,
Please I want you to help my friend. She was put to bed through CS about 11months ago and her period back at exactly 8months. The last period was 3days delayed,her cycle is 28days but the last period was 31days, almost 10days now she has being bleeding though only when she put her finger into her private part. Please she needs your advise.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Vanije: 9:33am On Aug 04, 2017
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by happymummy(f): 2:52am On Aug 05, 2017
Welldone doctor.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 10, 2017
Good morning All.
It's been quite a long time,hope we are doing fine. Regarding those giving PMs I must say those messages weren't read cause I do have problem checking mails on NL platform. Please if you have to send messages, kindly WhatsApp it or a mail and wait for my response.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 10, 2017
I want to believe these complaints have been candidly attended to not here probably but outside this thread. However, if you haven't been attended to please kindly re-post your complaints.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by scarchiji: 8:35am On Aug 10, 2017
scarchiji:
Hello Dr. a friend did a D and C but she's yet to see her first period and its the 9th week already, what could be responsible for that?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2017
scarchiji:
Hello Dr. a friend did a D and C but she's yet to see her first period and its the 9th week already, what could be responsible for that?

Good afternoon. I may need to know if she has any menstrual problem before the D n C was done. Was she having problem with irregular menstruation flow or a cessed of it,coming and going?
D n C doesn't affect a female reproductive hormones suffer it that the ovaries weren't tampered with.So,it is expected that menstruation comes at least a month after D n C. Assuming her reproductive hormones are okay and her ovaries in the normal function,the organ worth waiting for is her womb's lining to heal and start its presumed activities. However, some adult females do observe a long stay from menstruating as a result of a severe scrapping or sweeping of the lining of the womb. Some could even be left over of conception materials still located in utero,this could cause a delay too. Being the fact that anything could be a cause to this problem,I will advice:

1) Do a scanning of the womb and bodies attached to it,such as the ovary and fallopian tube(pelvic exam)

2) Do a hormone profiling of your reproductive hormones to know if the problem is related to it.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by scarchiji: 2:55pm On Aug 10, 2017
LuckyG1:

Good afternoon. I may need to know if she has any menstrual problem before the D n C was done. Was she having problem with irregular menstruation flow or a cessed of it,coming and going?
D n C doesn't affect a female reproductive hormones suffer it that the ovaries weren't tampered with.So,it is expected that menstruation comes at least a month after D n C. Assuming her reproductive hormones are okay and her ovaries in the normal function,the organ worth waiting for is her womb's lining to heal and start its presumed activities. However, some adult females do observe a long stay from menstruating as a result of a severe scrappi or sweeping of the lining of the womb. Some could even be left over of conception materials still located in utero,this could cause a delay too. Being the fact that anything could be a cause to this problem,I will advice:

1) Do a scanning of the womb and bodies attached to it,such as the ovary and fallopian tube(pelvic exam)

2) Do a hormone profiling of your reproductive hormones to know if the problem is related to it.
Thanks a lot... her flow has always been irregular prior to the D n C.. however which do you consider the best approach of the two options?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 10, 2017
scarchiji:

Thanks a lot... her flow has always been irregular prior to the D n C.. however which do you consider the best approach of the two options?
Both are nonnegotiable.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mattiu(m): 11:56pm On Aug 10, 2017
yeah this is indeed a great trend you opened, some ladies i know have explained how you have helped. most ladies don't know when to go visit their gynecologist with is article i believe some signs will warrant any lady or make them know it's time for them to go visit their gynecologist
WHEN A WOMAN SHOULD CONSULT HER GYNECOLOGIST DOCTOR
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by trigar12(m): 12:12am On Aug 12, 2017
I have been having UTI for the past 4 months and I ve used all antibiotics prescribed by doctor, all to no avail as the symptoms keep coming back. And my urine test came out positive for E coli infection. I was prescribed ofloxacin and it didn't work and I have a feeling its getting worse.
E-coli is resistant to antibiotics, so what do I now use to cure this E-coli bacteria please?
I need your help
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Familoye: 4:46pm On Aug 13, 2017
hello doc. pls help me translate my hsg result
Finding: (1)The cervical canal is normal in size & outline. (2) The pacifier uterine cavity appears tubular with an irregular filling defect seen within it (lower portion). (3). Both fallopian tube are not demonstrated at all in this study and no spill of contrast seen. Delay film is unremarkable.
Conclusion: (1) uterine synechia R/o myoma with ultrasound. (2). Bilateral cornval tubal block.
thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 15, 2017
trigar12:
I have been having UTI for the past 4 months and I ve used all antibiotics prescribed by doctor, all to no avail as the symptoms keep coming back. And my urine test came out positive for E coli infection. I was prescribed ofloxacin and it didn't work and I have a feeling its getting worse.
E-coli is resistant to antibiotics, so what do I now use to cure this E-coli bacteria please?
I need your help

Goodmorning.
'' E coli is resistant to antibiotics'' is probably unacceptable cause no medical text has completely round off on it being unharmed by all antibiotics.
If your UTI holds resistance to Ofloxacin why not see the need to discuss it out with the laboratory health attendant to seek you another?
A change of lifestyle may be necessary if this is initiating symptoms. Kindly have your sex partner checked and treated. Stick to treatment as timely required and make changes to medications.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 15, 2017
Familoye:
hello doc. pls help me translate my hsg result
Finding: (1)The cervical canal is normal in size & outline. (2) The pacifier uterine cavity appears tubular with an irregular filling defect seen within it (lower portion). (3). Both fallopian tube are not demonstrated at all in this study and no spill of contrast seen. Delay film is unremarkable.
Conclusion: (1) uterine synechia R/o myoma with ultrasound. (2). Bilateral cornval tubal block.
thank you
Good morning.
Conclusion:
1) A uterine synechia is also known as fibrosis of the uterine lining( the membrane lining the inside portion of the womb). By fibrosis, I simply mean increase fibrous( NOTE: not Fibroids) substances of this lining and commonly observed as scarred tissues. The attempt of figuring out any mass growth (as in the myomas) in complex to the mention formerly will be useful if a pelvic ultrasound is done.

2)The cornuated part of the uterus is the angular part of the body womb,it links with the narrowest part of the tubes. Structural significance of this is that semen must pass it through to the widest part of the tube to activate the female egg and the product of union must return through it to implant. When the blockage is at both end,it is term bilateral.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 18, 2017
LuckyG1:
Good morning All.
It's been quite a long time,hope we are doing fine. Regarding those giving PMs I must say those messages weren't read cause I do have problem checking mails on NL platform. Please if you have to send messages, kindly WhatsApp it or a mail and wait for my response.

Gud day, my sister has been dealing with staph for some yrs now all drugs both herbal have prove abortvie, she complain of swelling pain at her right stomach. Pls help.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 18, 2017
iamloyalty:

Gud day, my sister has been dealing with staph for some yrs now all drugs both herbal have prove abortvie, she complain of swelling pain at her right stomach. Pls help.

What strain(s) of Staphylococcus spp was cultured or has been cultured so far?
Has not she done any abdominal scan with respect the pain?

Good morning.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MsToyin(f): 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2017
Hello,
Menstrual blood ceased for a day and started again.
On a normal day, I menstrate for 4 days n yesterday my pad was empty. I thought I was through only for me to notice little bleeding this afternoon after taking my bath. Please help
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by wiffylove(f): 6:44pm On Aug 18, 2017
please help oo
my vagina is itching me , and dis always happen wenever I put on underwear from morning till night. wen I off d underwear at night it will be itching me seriously until fresh air breathe on it dat it will stop.please help me oo. wat do I do
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 18, 2017
LuckyG1:

What strain(s) of Staphylococcus spp was cultured or has been cultured so far?
Has not she done any abdominal scan with respect the pain?

Good morning.

Stap areus and she has done up to ten scan it showed nothing, she is still complaining of the pain painful periods.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Fummylola: 9:13pm On Aug 19, 2017
Pls someone should help interprete this amh result

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MrsAnyanwu(f): 10:48pm On Aug 20, 2017
Pls doctors what does it mean to have fluid in the pelvic region and fluid in the uterus, when not pregnant, asking on behalf of a colleague, tnx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Trish102(f): 11:41am On Aug 21, 2017
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 5H4D3(f): 11:41am On Aug 22, 2017
Good day to you all.

Please, i need recommendation for a good hospital to register for antenatal in Lagos. I stay on the mainland

Had history of gestational diabetes and pregnancy induced hyperension in my first pregnancy but the two disapperead when i gave birth thru CS.

I m pregnant again please. I need a very good gyneacologist to manage me as I m at risk again.

Kindly help me please
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 23, 2017
Trish102:
Pls doctor help, I started having internal burning inside my stomach, I felt I was dehydrated or because I was pregnant since the doctor i was seeing said its was normal. two weeks later, I had a miscarriage and an evacuation was carried out, that was in June. But up till now i still have the same internal burning and its can last for some hours. I'm really confused.

Good morning.
Though I am yet to understand the term,"internal burning" but I should assumed it is one of those much in similarity to those of internal heat( commonly used by some of us). This is a confused term and almost does not take home any special remedy,once again the medical practitioner is one the side of things being or coming normal with time. This may be true.

Sometimes this complaint is merely psychological and dwells with the subject much as he or she works upon it in her mind,do as much as to maintain a healthy living,stay being active to relieve yourself of over-noticing this burning and soon it will be off.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 23, 2017
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nneejima(f): 12:51am On Aug 24, 2017
Plz doctor, can a breastfeeding mother take m2tone tablet
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by symmetric: 6:30am On Aug 24, 2017
Prevents Diaper Rash on Babies

Shea butter makes a great diaper rash ointment for your baby because of its antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties that can fight off yeast. Raw shea butter can help improve blood circulation promoting cell regeneration while providing improved collagen production.

Both cell regeneration and collagen production are important to healing diaper rashes quickly. Since most children are exposed to a large number of chemicals through the numerous products found on the shelf, this is the perfect DIY solution to help avoid those chemicals and ensure comfort and rapid healing for your baby.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 25, 2017
nneejima:
Plz doctor, can a breastfeeding mother take m2tone tablet

Good morning. I would advised on your not using it during lactations even though there's no substantial information to or to-not using it during breastfeeding. Your may discus this with your baby's doctor to know all about this M2 Tone during breastfeeding.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 25, 2017
yettybaby112:
Pls doc help interpret and advice on this TVS(I did it on CD 45) my homal profile shows Low progesterone(1.4) and raised LH ( 12.15). I do have irregular period ;once in 2-3 months, both tubes are okay and I am trying for a baby. Thanks

Good morning.
Your womb is rightly in its supportive position. Being empty, it carries no conception.
Linings of the womb is normal and represent no thickening ( perhaps low-level of progesterone).
Ovaries appeared normally dimensioned but none was viewed to be matured at present.

A mass was observed at the top back of the womb, not too big to assume acute complication ( from inclination). It is located within the muscle wall of the womb and may not prove too harmful. It may not be seen as an object of your sub-fertility too until otherwise confirmed. So,it is advisable you run up to the medical laboratory centre to have a hormone profiling as to know how much is effective enough within ranges to cause conception and normal menstrual cycle.

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.