Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,366 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (876519 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 25, 2017
wiffylove:
please help oo
my vagina is itching me , and dis always happen wenever I put on underwear from morning till night. wen I off d underwear at night it will be itching me seriously until fresh air breathe on it dat it will stop.please help me oo. wat do I do
Good morning. Firstly, we encourage you to have a HVS done to know grand cause to your vulva itching.Once done,it advisable to follow sensitivity and specificity.But if lifestyle is tied to this,we also encourage you to shift easy to your comfort. Now,you may think that:
1) wearing cotton made pants are more comfortable and also allows air between your thighs. Also wearing shorts(not tight Jean wears) during the day could be helpful.
2) Sitz bathing with steaming fumes may be helpful
3)Avoid intake of sugary or chocolate tea before going to bed.
4) If you are a bit overweight, work on it.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 25, 2017
MsToyin:
Hello,
Menstrual blood ceased for a day and started again.
On a normal day, I menstrate for 4 days n yesterday my pad was empty. I thought I was through only for me to notice little bleeding this afternoon after taking my bath. Please help
Good morning. I guess this is not your first time experiencing this but you may just be writing in to clear some doubts. This is it! Inter-menstrual flow in most cases are normal and non-lasting. However continual disturbances in between cycle bleeding may warrant one to seek medical help. So when this occurs again, you are encouraged to do a scan of your upper reproductive organs as to avoid foreseen and unforeseen challenges.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by scarchiji: 5:44pm On Aug 26, 2017
LuckyG1:

Good afternoon. I may need to know if she has any menstrual problem before the D n C was done. Was she having problem with irregular menstruation flow or a cessed of it,coming and going?
D n C doesn't affect a female reproductive hormones suffer it that the ovaries weren't tampered with.So,it is expected that menstruation comes at least a month after D n C. Assuming her reproductive hormones are okay and her ovaries in the normal function,the organ worth waiting for is her womb's lining to heal and start its presumed activities. However, some adult females do observe a long stay from menstruating as a result of a severe scrapping or sweeping of the lining of the womb. Some could even be left over of conception materials still located in utero,this could cause a delay too. Being the fact that anything could be a cause to this problem,I will advice:

1) Do a scanning of the womb and bodies attached to it,such as the ovary and fallopian tube(pelvic exam)

2) Do a hormone profiling of your reproductive hormones to know if the problem is related to it.
Dr. she did a PT that came out positive... how possible is it after over eleven weeks after a D n C
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:27am On Aug 27, 2017
scarchiji:

Dr. she did a PT that came out positive... how possible is it after over eleven weeks after a D n C
Good morning, I kindly advice another check done for affirmation cause anything is possible. Anything in medicine is possible,if a scan showed an empty womb with no residing or left over of conceptus then it is only a matter of high of level of hCG just in circulation and sure with time will come down,but if it's the otherwise with a good level of hCG not inclining to expectation of fall with time,then a further diagnosis may have to be done to figure the cause.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by urcutecrush(f): 1:10pm On Sep 05, 2017
Please doc in the house help me out.
I saw my menstrual period on July 26 and I was expecting it on the 22 of August but I have not seen it.i also went for blood test and it came out negative but I had cramps and i feel bloated but still have not seen it
Can I be pregnant? I am worried because I never had irregular period before.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 11, 2017
[quote author=LuckyG1 post=59806053]
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by trisha01(f): 7:18pm On Sep 13, 2017
please help! Am having vaginal itching (it's not too serious tho), my vaginal discharge is not smelling but i feel itching every and then... what should i do please sad
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 15, 2017
Gracelush mail me directly using this Kog315@yahoo.com. All those of you giving me Nl PM, please do same since I hardly find it easy to read of them.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 15, 2017
trisha01:
please help! Am having vaginal itching (it's not too serious tho), my vaginal discharge is not smelling but i feel itching every and then... what should i do please sad
This issue of vulva itching has been dealt with severally in this thread, the latest of it has been that of wiffylove. Kindly take a perusal of the advice render and follow suite...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 15, 2017
yettybaby112:

Thanks, I was told its pcos and anovulation and was given metformin and m2tone, I need to conceived asap. please help
Give me a mail....

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 16, 2017
All mails being replied to. Please and please,let's try and avoid every sense of emotional sentiments in our mails. It doesn't worth it. Make straight your mails,if there is need to flog it better we will discus it through another medium.

For those not yet replied to be patient but I would still advice you post it here so others see...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mishB(f): 6:40pm On Sep 16, 2017
Hi Doc.....My sister had natural miscarriage in July bt she has not taken in again.... What might have cause the delay? What are the possible solutions?.... Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Azaebere: 10:03pm On Sep 16, 2017
Hi Doctors, Weldone for the good work you all are doing.

Please I have a question, my monthly flow came twice in August what could be cause , the first was on the 6th and the second one on the 27th of same August. I normally have 30days cycle.

Please doctors help me cos I'm confused. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 17, 2017
mishB:
Hi Doc.....My sister had natural miscarriage in July bt she has not taken in again.... What might have cause the delay? What are the possible solutions?.... Thanks

Good morning.
There shouldn't be any cause for alarm since it's just between the months of July and September ,there are good chances to have conception provided that her reproductive activities normalise with time. It is only a matter of individual differences and how much quickly some carry conception soon as a miscarriage happens and others lately. In common cases it is natural and either or neither followed by high levels of prolactin. Also,the greater the age of conception into the pregnancy before the miscarriage the less quicker to start another pregnancy.
Also,if she had serious bleeding from her previous pregnancy it could affect having pregnancy as soon as possible. Other cases of high blood pressure, diabetes mellitus that might have rubbed her during pregnancy may also be responsible for some delay in some women.
The period between time of complaint is nothing too much to bother about,she should be allowed to have her time,put herself together before thinking of another. She will take in again provided all things being equal. At least with a 3-month and no pregnancy, you may then seek a physician for advice regarding issues with infertility.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 17, 2017
Azaebere:
Hi Doctors, Weldone for the good work you all are doing.

Please I have a question, my monthly flow came twice in August what could be cause , the first was on the 6th and the second one on the 27th of same August. I normally have 30days cycle.

Please doctors help me cos I'm confused. Thanks and God bless.
Has the 30-day completed before placing this complaint?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Azaebere: 8:12am On Sep 17, 2017
LuckyG1:

Has the 30-day completed before placing this complaint?
No doctor, the second one came on cd21.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 17, 2017
Azaebere:

No doctor, the second one came on cd21.

You are yet to get the drift, I want you to watch on the 30days cycle. When it has completed it course,come back here again to remind us of this problem. That's just what I want from you. Simple!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by orney(f): 9:42pm On Sep 18, 2017
Goodevening docs in d house,welldone

Please can 3 tabs of beecham ampiclox used earlier in a cycle cause delay period?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by orney(f): 9:56pm On Sep 18, 2017
Pls I want to know the solution to this result since I am TTC, thank you

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 18, 2017
orney:
Goodevening docs in d house,welldone

Please can 3 tabs of beecham ampiclox used earlier in a cycle cause delay period?

Good evening.
How a Beecham ampiclox could lead to delay in period seeing is not clearly understood by me. However, the use of that drug during menstraution could only lead to slightly increase breeding. I am therefore not in any position to assume that. Thus it is highly regarded one should read the drug usage leaflet before using for indications and contraindications.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 18, 2017
orney:
The Luteal phase is part of the ovarian phase in a mentrual cycle. This phase is responsible for the synthesis of both progesterone and estrogen ( being estradiol) from the degenerated follicle body.

In your case,the progesterone is normal but at the lower limit. It could be assumed that the luteal phase just started and may increase in concentration strength into the cycle and fall down again for bleeding. There may not be enough time to explain the otherwise.

Your Estradiol is low by some level below the lower limit but not pathological to attribute any loss of function. It is expected to swindle down little more as to permit shedding of the linings.

Is there any serious implication to this?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 19, 2017
orney:

Both FSH and LH are normal.
Prolactin is not provocatively high. Although, changes in prolactin concentration in high serum can cause a delay in period observance and in some matured female adult just ovulation and menstrual cycle fluctuation,such a level of yours may only require some watch if it is going up. If so,you are squarely advised to use helpful medications to cut it low to increase your chances for conception.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 19, 2017
Good evening doc, please how effective is tubal flushing. SHG indicated blocked tubes. My endometrial lining is also very thick. it measured 13mm on cd10. When does the endrometrial lining stop thickening and does a thick lining hinder implantation?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by orney(f): 9:09pm On Sep 19, 2017
Thank you sir, I was placed on parlode.l for 2 months, so the tip discharge stopped, I don't kno if I can try m2ton.e
LuckyG1:

Both FSH and LH are normal.
Prolactin is not provocatively high. Although, changes in prolactin concentration in high serum can cause a delay in period observance and in some matured female adult just ovulation and menstrual cycle fluctuation,such a level of yours may only require some watch if it is going up. If so,you are squarely advised to use helpful medications to cut it low to increase your chances for conception.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 19, 2017
Queen1010:
Good evening doc, please how effective is tubal flushing. SHG indicated blocked tubes. My endometrial lining is also very thick. it measured 13mm on cd10. When does the endrometrial lining stop thickening and does a thick lining hinder implantation?
Good evening.
Tubal flushing? If the patency of the tubes are faulted,what could have actually gone wrong? Seek to know agent(s) that could have been responsible for the this occlusion from reliable health practitioners around you. They should be able to provide you the glimpse of knowledge connecting to the occlusion and how to tackle it with the most reliable service available. Being a reliable procedure in the diagnosis of tubal blockage it is evidentially effective and as prove useful in viewing the interior of the tubes.

Early enough in a menstrual cycle,the follicular cells cause a background increase of estrogen. This hormone has in its effect to cause increase in the number of cells lining the womb. This is responsible for the thickening. This phase of the female menstrual cycle is regarded as the proliferative phase. It is okay for such at cd10.

A thickened lining should not hinder implantation. Infact the linings should be thickened and stuffed with uterine milk in for the blastocyst if not pregnancy will fail. Also the thickening prevents easy desquamation of the lining not leading to the loss of the pregnancy. That is why pregnancy is different from menstruation. Besides,the menstrual cycle on a serious outlook has always being thickening and desquamation of the linings as regulated by hormones produced by the ovaries.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 19, 2017
orney:
Thank you sir, I was placed on parlode.l for 2 months, so the tip discharge stopped, I don't kno if I can try m2ton.e
Good evening. If you think M2tone can be anyway helpful,who am I to hinder?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 20, 2017
LuckyG1:

Good evening.
Tubal flushing? If the patency of the tubes are faulted,what could have actually gone wrong? Seek to know agent(s) that could have been responsible for the this occlusion from reliable health practitioners around you. They should be able to provide you the glimpse of knowledge connecting to the occlusion and how to tackle it with the most reliable service available. Being a reliable procedure in the diagnosis of tubal blockage it is evidentially effective and as prove useful in viewing the interior of the tubes.

Early enough in a menstrual cycle,the follicular cells cause a background increase of estrogen. This hormone has in its effect to cause increase in the number of cells lining the womb. This is responsible for the thickening. This phase of the female menstrual cycle is regarded as the proliferative phase. It is okay for such at cd10.

A thickened lining should not hinder implantation. Infact the linings should be thickened and stuffed with uterine milk in for the blastocyst if not pregnancy will fail. Also the thickening prevents easy desquamation of the lining not leading to the loss of the pregnancy. That is why pregnancy is different from menstruation. Besides,the menstrual cycle on a serious outlook has always being thickening and desquamation of the linings as regulated by hormones produced by the ovaries.

Thanks doc, I didn't get to know the cause of the tubal blockage.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mishB(f): 5:57pm On Sep 20, 2017
LuckyG1:

Good morning.
There shouldn't be any cause for alarm since it's just between the months of July and September ,there are good chances to have conception provided that her reproductive activities normalise with time. It is only a matter of individual differences and how much quickly some carry conception soon as a miscarriage happens and others lately. In common cases it is natural and either or neither followed by high levels of prolactin. Also,the greater the age of conception into the pregnancy before the miscarriage the less quicker to start another pregnancy.
Also,if she had serious bleeding from her previous pregnancy it could affect having pregnancy as soon as possible. Other cases of high blood pressure, diabetes mellitus that might have rubbed her during pregnancy may also be responsible for some delay in some women.
The period between time of complaint is nothing too much to bother about,she should be allowed to have her time,put herself together before thinking of another. She will take in again provided all things being equal. At least with a 3-month and no pregnancy, you may then seek a physician for advice regarding issues with infertility.
Thanks doc for the quick reply......The pregnancy was just 6weeks old when she had the m/c and the bleeding was just like a normal period flow.....No hbp....She is just worried why the delay in conceiving again....Are there drugs she can take to fasten conception?....Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Azaebere: 10:14pm On Sep 20, 2017
LuckyG1:

You are yet to get the drift, I want you to watch on the 30days cycle. When it has completed it course,come back here again to remind us of this problem. That's just what I want from you. Simple!

OK thank you Dr.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 20, 2017
Queen1010:

Thanks doc, I didn't get to know the cause of the tubal blockage. I had an evacuation after a miscarriage and have also had series of infection which I treated, so am suspecting one of those factors could be the cause though I didn't confirm from the doctor who did the SHG but he told me flushing would help.
I have a 29/30 day cycle and I normally ovulate around day 15/16. Sometimes my endometrial lining get to 18mm at the time of ovulating, wondering if such thickness won't interfere with implantation.

Suffer it that the thickening never resulted from Hyperestrogenism,then such thickening of the uterine lining is tolerable for implantation. The problem is not the thickening but when special cells that enables the breakdown of the lining is not produce or by defect hindered by some teratogens or by induction,then implantation is faulted. For example causing early abortion by use of contraceptive pills containing estrogenic agents.

Did he discus with you the merit and demerit of the supposed flushing to aid your getting pregnant?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 20, 2017
mishB:
Thanks doc for the quick reply......The pregnancy was just 6weeks old when she had the m/c and the bleeding was just like a normal period flow.....No hbp....She is just worried why the delay in conceiving again....Are there drugs she can take to fasten conception?....Thanks

I have told you she should be patient and that with time she will take in again. Pertaining to helping her conceive in the least faster, of course there are helping drugs to cause induction of ovulation. She should seek the advice of a medical doctor incase of using any.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 21, 2017
LuckyG1:

Suffer it that the thickening never resulted from Hyperestrogenism,then such thickening of the uterine lining is tolerable for implantation. The problem is not the thickening but when special cells that enables the breakdown of the lining is not produce or by defect hindered by some teratogens or by induction,then implantation is faulted. For example causing early abortion by use of contraceptive pills containing estrogenic agents.

Did he discus with you the merit and demerit of the supposed flushing to aid your getting pregnant?

Thanks and God bless Dr.

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.