Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,714 members, 7,802,160 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (876670 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 09, 2018
darwinbrown:

So far the test turned out to be negative.
My period showed up today and it's been 41 days since my last period.
Do I have to be worried about this cos I do have a steady 28 day cycle..

Ma'am,you don't have to. If it hasn't been happening before then it may not really keep fluctuating. Try as much to keep away from use or in contact factors that could affect your cycle negatively. In this regard you are candidly advised to keep watch of the next two to three cycles, if there is a return to fluctuation then you may need let us know so we can help you with what to do...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by darwinbrown(f): 11:10am On Feb 10, 2018
LuckyG1:

Ma'am,you don't have to. If it hasn't been happening before then it may not really keep fluctuating. Try as much to keep away from use or in contact factors that could affect your cycle negatively. In this regard you are candidly advised to keep watch of the next two to three cycles, if there is a return to fluctuation then you may need let us know so we can help you with what to do...

Thanks doctor.
I'll keep you updated.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Chili89: 1:29pm On Feb 10, 2018
Hello Doc..
Please how long should I wait to be pregnant again if I want to try for VBAC.

My baby is 17months old

Cc.. LuckyG1
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 10, 2018
Chili89:
Hello Doc.. Please how long should I wait to be pregnant again if I want to try for VBAC.
My baby is 17months old
You are good to go,ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 10, 2018
darwinbrown:

Thanks doctor. I'll keep you updated.
okay,ma'am.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Chili89: 6:43pm On Feb 10, 2018
LuckyG1:

You are good to go,ma'am.

Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 3plet: 12:41am On Feb 11, 2018
What's the indication for the previous scar?I tink u'll also need to put that into consideration!.Not saying 17months ain't enuf time though!
Chili89:
Hello Doc..
Please how long should I wait to be pregnant again if I want to try for VBAC.

My baby is 17months old

Cc.. LuckyG1
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:54am On Feb 11, 2018
3plet:
What's the indication for the previous scar?I tink u'll also need to put that into consideration!.Not saying 17months ain't enuf time though!

The question was straight and well understood, time was the theme in question and you and I knew it was okay. This does not mean one shouldn't consider previous indication (s) that led to the previous c/s whether she chooses to have started planning conception much earlier or not. The question was timing and I have to play no drift at it. She wouldn't have sought counsel on when to start planning pregnancy if the suturing hasn't been done away,she would have rather consulted on what could have caused the tear not coming to healing or anything of such and then when to plan VBAC...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Chili89: 6:33pm On Feb 11, 2018
3plet:
I didn't progress past 3cm even after induction with pitocin
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 3plet: 10:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
Induction with pitocin?,well I don't know how its done in the centre u chose for ur Anc,but then where I practice we induce wit misoprostol in divided doses,we only augment with pitocin wen uve shown considerable progress,nevertheless u can try ur vbac, bt then if it fails dont hesitate to opt for c/s.quote author=Chili89 post=64979783]
I didn't progress past 3cm even after induction with pitocin[/quote]
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Kemade2007(f): 1:33pm On Feb 12, 2018
Please Doctor, can I take antibiotics with multivitamin or blood tonic. I'm on levofloxaxin antibiotic for 10days,so thinking of using Oreptal blood tonic along with it. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 12, 2018
Kemade2007:
Please Doctor, can I take antibiotics with multivitamin or blood tonic. I'm on levofloxaxin antibiotic for 10days,so thinking of using Oreptal blood tonic along with it. Thanks

Ma'am,no hurriness! finish with the antibiotics and days later start with your multivitamins or blood tonics.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Kemade2007(f): 12:27am On Feb 13, 2018
LuckyG1:

Ma'am,no hurriness! finish with the antibiotics and days later start with your multivitamins or blood tonics.

Thanks Doc
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 13, 2018
Kemade2007:

Thanks Doc
You're welcome.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Howyeh(f): 9:36am On Feb 13, 2018
Good day Docs...Please be of help.......

I was having an aggressive tommy cramps mid last month, went for scan, and here is the lab result given;
A non-bulky anteverted uterus measuring (138×94×123) mm seen with heterogenous myometrial ecotexture and multiple insignificant fibroids noted.

The endometrium appears distorted
No sonological evidence of intrauterine cyesis seen
Both adnexa are free
Mild free fluid collection noted in the POD

IMPRESSION
1. Acyesis
2. Multiple uterine fibroids
3. PID with endometritis

I took it back to the doctor, and expensive drugs were administered which I took.
Was supposed to go back for more drugs,but i could not even afford my transport down (due to my financial incapability) talkless of going for more drugs..
....And I have been sick worried (over the result) ever since.
Please,kindly shed some more lights.
Thanks!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 13, 2018
Howyeh:
Good day Docs...Please be of help.......

I was having an aggressive tommy cramps mid last month, went for scan, and here is the lab result given;
A non-bulky anteverted uterus measuring (138×94×123) mm seen with heterogenous myometrial ecotexture and multiple insignificant fibroids noted.

The endometrium appears distorted
No sonological evidence of intrauterine cyesis seen
Both adnexa are free
Mild free fluid collection noted in the POD

IMPRESSION
1. Acyesis
2. Multiple uterine fibroids
3. PID with endometritis

I took it back to the doctor, and expensive drugs were administered which I took.
Was supposed to go back for more drugs,but i could not even afford my transport down (due to my financial incapability) talkless of going for more drugs..
....And I have been sick worried (over the result) ever since.
Please,kindly shed some more lights.
Thanks!

Ma'am can I really know the drugs you have been on so far?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Howyeh(f): 1:58pm On Feb 13, 2018

Majorly Antibiotics I guess.....The prescription was not given to me to be brought home, the drugs were administered right at the hospital.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 13, 2018
Howyeh:

Majorly Antibiotics I guess.....The prescription was not given to me to be brought home, the drugs were administered right at the hospital.

You may have to know that the antibiotics given was majorly to forestall all microbial activities relating to the irritation of your endometrial wall. This will improve the cramping if it is seriously complicating with it. Another factor worthy of note is your uterine myomas (fibroid),this could also he responsible in causing the intoning of the uterine musculature and therefore significant in cramp disturbances although by sonography it was termed 'insignificant .'

We would want to know if the first treatment was okay. If the previous treatment was good and it has helped the situation then it would be necessary to keep to follow up treatment. Regarding this,you may discus with your doctor to provide medication of suitable route of administration of same medication that best fits your final expenses. Or prescribe drugs of similar pharmaceutical strength that may also fall in line with your state of economic expenditure.

No PM,my WhatsApp lines are opened for Consultation (charges applied)
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 13, 2018
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Howyeh(f): 4:12pm On Feb 13, 2018
Okay....... Thanks Doc
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nelsoelomi(f): 6:27pm On Feb 13, 2018
pl
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nelsoelomi(f): 6:27pm On Feb 13, 2018
p
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nelsoelomi(f): 6:28pm On Feb 13, 2018
[color=#990000]pls
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 13, 2018
nelsoelomi:
pls Dr. what could be the cause of my constant fever and headache
it occurs 3 times a week

Do the following for me:

1) Widal test for Salmonella typhi and paratyphi

2)Thick smear sensitivity for the malaria parasite

3)Haemoglobin count

4) Red blood cell count

5) Complete test count on the white blood cells

Bring to the house for analysis or better still to the thread created by Balogun.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:55am On Feb 14, 2018
CONSULTATION SERVICES ON GYN/OBS

I wish to make it known publicly that I run consultation services on female health and pregnancy on mobile basis.
This is will allow me to have a special private discussion with all respective subjects as necessary.
Being suggested as putting all things make and put together, it is not going to run free. This will requires one to pay a certain amount for the time accrued or used. It is cheap and does not require one to pay as high as any physical services.

HOW TO START:
At first I thought it was good rendering out this service on phone call,it came so late that conversation through any of these messengers was alright. And using the whatapps messenger has proved it worth. Please in order to start,I would prefer;
i) You call to introduce yourself.
ii) You may also state clearly what service you really require from me
iii) if you don't feel like calling,you may also send it through by normal text messages
iv)Don't make any payment until you have discus this with me
v) Make transfer of service charges and confirm on my end if I have been credited.
vi) You may start conversing with me on whatapps or if you don't mind tell me when you want the consultation.

TIME AND DAYS FOR CONSULTATION:
Monday - Friday: 5p.m - 12a.m
Saturday - Sunday : 1p.m - 4p.m(noon)
8p.m - 1 a.m (evening)

CONSULTATION CHARGES:
The following are marked charges with respect time spent discussing on the phone;
At most 45min-1hr========1000-naira(#1000)
1hr-2hr========2000-naira(#2000)
2hr-3hr========3000-naira(#3000)
The rule is simple,for every hour spent a thousand naira is charge. It is cheap and affordable.

PAYMENT:
Service is render before payment as to avoid any case of incongruent complexities. Regarding this, I will duly indulge everyone to be churchly minded that operating under falsity and scamming is highly disapproving. Let's do things right.

PAYMENT METHOD:
Mobile transfer of service charges is richly advisable

CONSULTATION PHONE NUMBER: 08176371308 and 09075560712

CONSULTATION ACCOUNT NUMBER:
FCMB
Gabriel Ogedegbe

...respect to this I sincerely seek your resolve to give inputs to make this simpler and reachable to everyone giving an intention that I might not have hinted on something or overlooked at it.
In addition to the former,I want everyone us to:
1) draw the attention of every person here in case a fraud is sensed.
2) copy the vital part of this post as it may not always be pasted.
3) tell other women of this service as a helping hand to others.

I wish everyone the best of health and love this Val...

Happy Valentine's day
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 3greatnations: 12:03am On Feb 15, 2018
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:56am On Feb 15, 2018
3greatnations:
Please doctor i just had a failed Ivf .it was noted during scan that my endometrium thickened too much up to 19mm just before the FET.they called it polyploid endometrium was wondering if there is any treatment for that ??.as I read somewhere that endometrium more than 15mm might not be too good for implantation.the doctor I saw wasn’t worried about it being a problem as it thins down to 5mm when I have monthly flow and no polyps seen.also I have endometriosis .please awaiting your response.thanks

Good morning,Ma'am.

The thickness was alright. In fact pregnancy with thickness less than 8mm has great propensity to miscarriage. This is idea and something good enough to keep the embryo from FET as it gets planted into your zona functionalis layer (layer of normal function) of the uterine lining

The issue of endometrial polyps is merely not a hindsight and could not be the cause considering it that it hasn't really being pointed as a minor or major factor anti-ivf.

However, endometriosis is a serious risk factor to doing an IVF known to the fact that it could disjoint in function the primary capability of the uterine lining.
The fact still remains that how endometriosis may lead to pregnancy loss is yet to know but it does.
This therefore requires you to discus the immediate effect of carrying pregnancy with it or to talk out treatment proceedings with your doctor before an ivf is done. This pattern works out a better success rate...

We are sorry for the loss,we earnestly pray for another to term.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Lily38: 3:58pm On Feb 15, 2018
Good day Doc, pls can u help shed more light on my HSG result?

" The fallopian tubes were not seen in their entire length

I know its tubal blockage but i just want to know if the dye got into the tubes to an extend or the fallopian tubes were not seen at all? possibly what kind of tubal blockage is this?

thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 15, 2018
Lily38:
Good day Doc, pls can u help shed more light on my HSG result?

" The fallopian tubes were not seen in their entire length

I know its tubal blockage but i just want to know if the dye got into the tubes to an extend or the fallopian tubes were not seen at all? possibly what kind of tubal blockage is this?

thanks

It could have actually mean:

1) the dye not limiting the whole extent of the tube(sonographic). Thus,may not really be an occlusion.

2) a tubal occlusion(pathologic)

3)an obliteration of the abdominal extent of the tube(rarely abnormal).

Do go for another HSG to have a better sample of your tube(s).
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 3greatnations: 7:22pm On Feb 15, 2018
LuckyG1:

Good morning,Ma'am.

The thickness was alright. In fact pregnancy with thickness less than 8mm has great propensity to miscarriage. This is idea and something good enough to keep the embryo from FET as it gets planted into your zona functionalis layer (layer of normal function) of the uterine lining

The issue of endometrial polyps is merely not a hindsight and could not be the cause considering it that it hasn't really being pointed as a minor or major factor anti-ivf.

However, endometriosis is a serious risk factor to doing an IVF known to the fact that it could disjoint in function the primary capability of the uterine lining.
The fact still remains that how endometriosis may lead to pregnancy loss is yet to know but it does.
This therefore requires you to discus the immediate effect of carrying pregnancy with it or to talk out treatment proceedings with your doctor before an ivf is done. This pattern works out a better success rate...

We are sorry for the loss,we earnestly pray for another to term.

Thanks for prompt response
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 15, 2018
3greatnations:

Thanks for prompt response
You're welcome, ma'am
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Lily38: 10:47pm On Feb 15, 2018
LuckyG1:

It could have actually mean:

1) the dye not limiting the whole extent of the tube(sonographic). Thus,may not really be an occlusion.

2) a tubal occlusion(pathologic)

3)an obliteration of the abdominal extent of the tube(rarely abnormal).

Do go for another HSG to have a better sample of your tube(s).

Thanks a lot! I'll definitely go for a repeat HSG

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.