Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,990 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (876649 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:50am On Mar 13, 2008
@angelt
Elevated prolactin can be caused by certain medications or tumors. It is important for your doctor to rule out a tumor after which medication can be used to treat the hyperprolactinemia. This would help regulate your periods. Good luck
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by egoli(f): 6:08pm On Mar 19, 2008
hi dr.u re act. god sent.dr i ve a ques. a friend of mine once had breast lumps.so she had it surgically removed.the lumps were in her left breast.after removing it she realised that the left breast was quite bigger than d right.we want to know if there is any operation she can do to make the 2 breasts d same cos she is not happy with herself.the left breast is act. sagging while the oda is still standing
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ACL(m): 10:56pm On Mar 19, 2008
---------------
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by teetee2(f): 2:50pm On Mar 20, 2008
Thx Doctor for ur helps, God's wisdom w'd never cease flowing in ur life. I am woman going to be 40yrs very soon and still single. My menses has been irregular for the past 2years. When i noticed in yr 2006 and went to see a doctor who told me that my sex active was low, which was true becos for six years even more than, i had no sex. Out of that frustration, i looked away from my decision of not having sex with a man that is not mine. After that it started flowing again, until towards end of last year 2007 precisely sept, it started again. Please I'M DEEPLY WORRY because some people are saying if you dont have sex regularly, it makes one to reach early menopause. Please what can i take to regularise this or any other advise. God bless u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 10:24pm On Mar 22, 2008
egoli:

hi dr.u re act. god sent.dr i ve a ques. a friend of mine once had breast lumps.so she had it surgically removed.the lumps were in her left breast.after removing it she realised that the left breast was quite bigger than d right.we want to know if there is any operation she can do to make the 2 breasts d same because she is not happy with herself.the left breast is act. sagging while the oda is still standing
Hello,
sorry for the delay in response. I think your friend needs a consultation with a plastic surgeon. She might need some corrective surgery
good luck
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 10:33pm On Mar 22, 2008
@ ACL

congrats!!!!! Don't worry about an ideal weight. Keep doing what you are doing. More grease to your elbows!! grin
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 10:37pm On Mar 22, 2008
@teetee2
I was in total shock when I read your post and had to take some time to compose myself and save seun from censoring me!! What type of doctor did you go to? I hope he is not the one you had sex with!! Back to the topic, there is no correlation between early menopause and sex. There is no correlation between menstrual irregularities and sex. How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by twistee(f): 9:23am On Mar 23, 2008
Hi doc, I v a sis wiz is 26yrs old wit uterine fibroid. She had HSG wiz indicated dat her womb is fine but d pain in her abdomen & at her back wit constant. Her gynea doc advise dat she would need surgery 6mths b4 tryin 2 concept. Pls I nd ur advise
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:29am On Mar 24, 2008
@twistee
Fibroids that are causing symptoms need to be treated. That being said, it depends on the size of the fibroids. Her gyn's plan is not unreasonable however if the fibroids are causing these symptoms now, I would suggest them being removed and for you sis to go on the pill pending when she is ready to have kids
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by gasplant: 4:50am On Mar 24, 2008
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:41am On Mar 25, 2008
@gasplant

Please do not believe the old adage that blood must flow in order for the lady to be a virgin. A large number of women have what is called an "elastic hymen" This means that the hymen is able to stretch and doesn't break. Lack of blood does NOT mean that she is not a virgin
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by teetee2(f): 12:07pm On Mar 25, 2008
Hi Kathy, thx for ur response. I av a normal height as a lady i.e 1.6 and my weight is 60. No i didn't sleep with my doctor but a friend.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by comoibo: 1:33pm On Mar 25, 2008
hi doc, thanks for the way you have been handling responses.

Please what's the effect of contraceptive pills on a woman?

Abt a month ago, I suspected pregnancy and a friend recommended gynaecoside which i took.i have been bleeding for over a week after my regular period. Is there smthin wrong with me pls, cos im scared?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ChiefS(m): 5:01pm On Mar 25, 2008
Dr in the house i need your advise urgently.

Someone close to me underwent c-section during her 1st delivery 13 months ago.Today she was confirmed pregnant and the doctor is saying its not up to 18 months since she had her 1st baby and that it is a high risk pregnancy.He said the possibility of normal delivery is remote to prevent the rupture of the uterus and that if she is to keep the pregnancy a C-section is likely to be used.He is suggesting therapeutic abortion.But as a christian the person inolved can do it.Plase what do you suggest?Is 1 ear to early after a c-section?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 11:53pm On Mar 25, 2008
@teetee2
Good!!smiley I think that you need an evaluation of your hormones especially the thyroid. One thing of importance is the fact that women may experience perimenopausal symptoms up to 10 yrs before menopause. The average age of menopause is 51. good luck
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 11:57pm On Mar 25, 2008
@comoibo

I would recommend that you see a gyn to ensure that you have a complete abortion and do not require a D&C.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:00am On Mar 26, 2008
@chiefs

Absolutely not!!!!!!! Tell your friend to find another OB. The risk of rupture is greatest if the second pregnancy is within a year of the previous c/section.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by teetee2(f): 2:23pm On Mar 26, 2008
Luv u Kathy, thx so much. My menses eventually came on Sat. March 22, clean and flow very well. But i wouldn't know wot could have made it on and off. Dear sister, u mentioned dat i should increase my hormone, with wot. Can multivitamin capsule do that or wot do you suggest? I pray dat Almighty God will reward you and ur knowledge shall be increased in Jesus name.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ChiefS(m): 9:31am On Mar 27, 2008
Thanks so much for the response.So how long does it take the uterus to get healed after a C/S delivery?

Also my sister has been suffering from hypertension for a long time now after she had her last baby.2 weeks ago she was diagnosed to have diabetis.Her sugar level was as high as 400.After treatment it dropped down to 85.She eats only the food recommended by the doctor such as beans,unripe plantain and wheat.Now the sugar level has risen to 185.What can be done to correct it.Meanwhile she is a slim woman so everyone is surprised why she should suffer from such ailment.Please what can be done to save her?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:41am On Mar 29, 2008
@teetee2
happy to hear your period came. Since it came, I would wait on any further workup.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:41am On Mar 29, 2008
@chiefS
How far along in the pregnancy is your sister?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by twistee(f): 5:26pm On Mar 29, 2008
Thanks 2 u doc 4 d lov. Pls wot pills can u advice her 2 b takin. I v a friend who wants ur advise concernin her period wiz stop flowin since last year july. She is 22yrs & slim. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by twistee(f): 5:28pm On Mar 29, 2008
Thanks 2 u doc 4 d lov. Pls wot pills can u advice her 2 b takin. I v a friend who wants ur advise concernin her period wiz stop flowin since last year july. She is 22yrs & slim. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by twistee(f): 5:36pm On Mar 29, 2008
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by teetee2(f): 3:52pm On Mar 31, 2008
Hi sister, hope u'd a great wkend. But u av not answered my question. In one of your responses, i quote "NEED AN EVALUATION OF YOUR HORMONES ESPECIALLY THE THYROID" I don't really understand this, am i expected to take something i.e drug to evaluate my hormones. Kindly explain this, thx and nice week.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ChiefS(m): 9:19am On Apr 01, 2008
Hi my Dr,
Thanks a lot.She just entered her 6th week.She has been very weak and tired continuosly.She was at the clinic yesterday and diagnosed to have typhoid.What are the implications?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:59am On Apr 02, 2008
@twistee
Your friend might be anovulatory but she needs a check of her hormones especially thyroid to be sure. If her evaluation is normal, she can try the pill.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by lifegal(f): 3:23pm On Apr 02, 2008
Helllllllo Doctor,

Please am 11weeks and 6days pregnant today, for the past three months on every particualr day am suppsoe to have my period i notice some stains of blood on my pants, and i forgot to ask the doctor this.

am always having headache,my mouth taste bitter, most days i feel weak and starts sweating, when i want to brush i cant brush my tongue the usually way cos when i put the brush alittle bit down, i will pour.

and doctor is just dat i feel i eat too much. if i eat by 9am by 11am am hungry again, and by 1 men i just have to eat otherwise i will be very weak.

what is the main cause please.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by babyzze(f): 5:21pm On Apr 02, 2008
Pls help
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Isih: 1:00pm On Apr 03, 2008
thanks doctor 4 Ur help, pls if u can still remember my question on pain at the right side of my abdomen, dat u said it might be PID, have seen a GYNE he ask me to do HSG which refill nothing like PID dat everthing is okay but the pain still persist. when i explain to him he said there is nothing wrong with me dat may be i have infection there before but now there is nothing pls doctor help me. I'm confused. also whenever im having my period the pain will be too much and my back will be paining me. pls help in need ur advise
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 11:55pm On Apr 04, 2008
@lifegal
First thing, take a breathsmiley I know pregnancy can be overwhelming but of all the symptoms you discussed the one that needs to be addressed most urgently is the spotting. You need to see you gyn for a pelvic exam to r/o the common causes of bleeding. I would also recommend that your refrain from sex for at least the next 4 weeks to get you firmly in the second trimester.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 11:59pm On Apr 04, 2008
@babyzze

Your friend needs an endocrine evaluation. How much does she weigh? If the panel is negative, she needs to be placed on the pill. This will decrease her menstrual flow and her pain will improve. She might have endometriosis but the pill will help with that as well

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.