Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! (32646 Views)

Federal Civil Service Job April 15, 2015 Mass Recruitment / Nigerian Custom Service: Mass Recruitment / 2013 African Steel Mills Mass Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 11, 2012
NNPC Advertized for a massive employment in 2010, and 120,000 plus applicants applied for the various vacancies, 44,000 applicants got shortlisted for employment aptitude test written nationwide, and 5,000 applicants made it to the interview stage, and only 595 applicants were finally employed after two years, and for the same NNPC to advertise for another massive employment in 2012, showing that they still needed more workers, so why didn't they employ more from the 5,000 applicants that made it to the final interview of which majority might have as well did well during the interview? Is this a political recruitment to hype the present democratic government to create the impression that there is great improvement in job opportunities in Nigeria now than before or just as a result of poor Human Resource Management of the NNPC?

Finally, NNPC Management needs to answer the questions below:

1. why haven't NNPC HR shortlist the total names of applicants that got employed in the last 2010 mass recruitment like other government parastatals did?
2. How come the NNPC GMD's daughter applied for the 2010 mass recruitment and also got shortlisted for aptitude test despite the fact that it is illegal for a father and child to work in the same company/organization that is not owned by the family?

NNPC Management needs to answer these questions to ensure Nigerians that this present massive recruitment exercise will be free and fair.

Please moderators take this to the front page, it needs to be discussed seriously because Nigerians are being used and misled by the leaders. Thank you.

12 Likes

Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by kenostika(m): 5:38pm On Sep 11, 2012
595 out of 5000 just got employed and NNPC decided to re-advertise.I guess it is politically motivated or else they would have employed more, 595 is just too small.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 11, 2012
kenostika: 595 out of 5000 just got employed and NNPC decided to re-advertise.I guess it is politically motivated or else they would have employed more, 595 is just too small.
This is why we need to bring this ugly situation to the notice of the general Nigerian populace, and as such I pray the moderators to pls move this to the front page so we can hear Nigerians comment on this and possibly let NNPC and the Petroleum Minister know that Nigerians aren't fool as they maybe thinking.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by AdeniyiA(m): 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2012
Not Necessarily 4 Placing Candidates - NNPC

1 Like

Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by SIRBANYE(m): 10:58pm On Sep 11, 2012
This is some very serious stuff. Most company do this for media hype, at the end of the day the recruitment process is done in secrecy. One can never be sure of the motives of these companies, where in this world those it take 2 years to run a recruitment? This a clear case of tongue service and butt wiping to gain cheap political point
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by poj(m): 11:41pm On Sep 11, 2012
Wish i could apply but i dnt jst ve dt time to waste, filling one useless application which sincerely u knw realistically u can neva be shortlisted. M not a pessimist but i dnt knw any of d senators. So ur guess is as good as mine.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 12, 2012
I want this thread to go to the front page so more Nigerians and possibly the NNPC Management can understand that Nigerians are becoming more enlightened....
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by ITbomb(m): 9:11am On Sep 12, 2012
Send it to Vanguard Online or give me permission
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by heed101(m): 9:40am On Sep 12, 2012
@op thanks 4 the post. Nigerian government is just doing these shams in order to count false achievement. The fu cking SURE P recently advertised had been shared among the state governments and we are curiously waiting for outcome of our registration. The so called state governors would now select "we we" kind of people. God will help this nation and he will expose there good for nothing scam called job creations.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 12, 2012
ITbomb: Send it to Vanguard Online or give me permission
You have my permission already, please go ahead and do quote me.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 12, 2012
heed101: @op thanks 4 the post. Nigerian government is just doing these shams in order to count false achievement. The fu cking SURE P recently advertised had been shared among the state governments and we are curiously waiting for outcome of our registration. The so called state governors would now select "we we" kind of people. God will help this nation and he will expose there good for nothing scam called job creations.

That's why we all need to push to ensure this gets to the notice of every Nigerian...and soon, we will start demanding for the marking and grading scheme used by Nigerian employers to give applicants jobs, because there is freedom of information bill. So peeps, be getting ready to ask for your aptitude test/job interview grading scripts cos it is your right as stipulated in the freedom of information bill that has been adopted.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Afam4eva(m): 1:48pm On Sep 12, 2012
The more you look, the less you see.

1 Like

Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by JUO(m): 1:51pm On Sep 12, 2012
who u go blame? for me i will not waste my time applying
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by megxo(m): 1:54pm On Sep 12, 2012
POOR MANAGEMENT>>>>>>>>.NA DEM SABI SHA>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by chii8(f): 1:55pm On Sep 12, 2012
I was once a victim of this scam,cos i also applied in 2010,am nt soooo happy as am readn the thread nw,i even filled this yr's form already,bt God wl help me shaa
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by jelikay: 1:56pm On Sep 12, 2012
propaganda
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 12, 2012
JUO: who u go blame? for me i will not waste my time applying

Please try and apply, two of my friends got employed via the last recruitment of 2010 that got finished last month, and they knew nobody, I mean nobody. All I am saying is this: why employ only 595 out of 5000 people that went for the interview after a long and rigorous process, and only for them to open up a new mass recruitment the preceding month, what then are they trying to tell people? It totally unfair to humanity and to everything we can think of. They should have at least absorbed say 30 - 50% of the previous applicants that went for the interview since they needed more staff, than wasting our national resources on new recruitment that will cost another huge some of money and budget. Again, they cannot tell us boldly that those that scaled through to the interview stage of the last recruitment are not good enough cos they are still going to be the same people that will apply for this new one with little more from new graduates, so NNPC has nothing to justify this unscrupulous act they performed and will continue to perform if Nigerians continue to keep mute. Just my opinion anyway.

6 Likes

Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Navalsadiq(m): 2:03pm On Sep 12, 2012
GEj has began campain for 2015 na.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Novice1(m): 2:05pm On Sep 12, 2012
@OP, did u lose out on the 2010 exercise?

1 Like

Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by ujukala: 2:06pm On Sep 12, 2012
That is the way it goes. It is easier when you know somebody. One day, your application might be successful. Keep trying and never give up.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by DonaldGenes(m): 2:07pm On Sep 12, 2012
This is very insightful-front paqe pls
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by wandeay: 2:07pm On Sep 12, 2012
The MDs are looking for there lost relatives, so if they do that, they may find some of those names and contact them for familiarization and give them the job,
thats my thought!
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Emekamex(m): 2:08pm On Sep 12, 2012
I will advise interested candidates to apply, you never know what God has in store for you.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by DonaldGenes(m): 2:09pm On Sep 12, 2012
ujukala: That is the way it goes. It is easier when you know somebody. One day, your application might be successful. Keep trying and never give up.
thats so sweet and encouraqinq of you
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Navalsadiq(m): 2:15pm On Sep 12, 2012
SONS REPLACE THEIR FATHERS.THAT IS THE TRADITION IN NNPC.

1 Like

Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by duality(m): 2:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
DailyNews:

Please try and apply, two of my friends got employed via the last recruitment of 2010 that got finished last month, and they knew nobody, I mean nobody. All I am saying is this: why employ only 595 out of 5000 people that went for the interview after a long and rigorous process, and only for them to open up a new mass recruitment the preceding month, what then are they trying to tell people? It totally unfair to humanity and to everything we can think of. They should have at least absorbed say 30 - 50% of the previous applicants that went for the interview since they needed more staff, than wasting our national resources on new recruitment that will cost another huge some of money and budget. Again, they cannot tell us boldly that those that scaled through to the interview stage of the last recruitment are not good enough cos they are still going to be the same people that will apply for this new one with little more from new graduates, so NNPC has nothing to justify this unscrupulous act they performed and will continue to perform if Nigerians continue to keep mute. Just my opinion anyway.

you can't be so sure. can you vouch for them with you life?

secondly its not a bad idea if others are given a chance. this time.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Dignitary: 2:24pm On Sep 12, 2012
Your post is very childish
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Freksy(m): 2:26pm On Sep 12, 2012
Naval sadiq: SONS REPLACE THEIR FATHERS.THAT IS THE TRADITION IN NNPC.

That is the thinking of many. I used to think the same way, but it's not like that. I would advice you to apply and review the past test questions.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Chuksaluta(m): 2:27pm On Sep 12, 2012
Some people might have retired, been sacked or died during the period. Or do you expect them to recruit once in a decade, the last time they recruited I was still in school but now am qualified. We just like complaining and applying logic to everything.

2 Likes

Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by juventino: 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2012
duality:

you can't be so sure. can you vouch for them with you life?

secondly its not a bad idea if others are given a chance. this time.
My brother I can swear by anything to let you know I knew NOBODY when I applied back 2010. I'm currently employed as cost engineer in NNPC Abuja. You never can tell, just apply

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee / How I Chose The Wrong Job / EFCC Recruitment Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.