Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,642 members, 7,801,870 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

Credit Deductions On Bold 9900 BIS - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Credit Deductions On Bold 9900 BIS (2010 Views)

Pdf Viewer On Bold 9700 / Difference Between Bold 9900 And 9930 / New Blackberry Bold 9900, Torch 9810, Torch 9860 - Share Ur Experience Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Credit Deductions On Bold 9900 BIS by amblors(m): 3:37pm On Sep 11, 2012
The bold 9900 browser is diff from the previous bold phones as it doesn't allow you to configure the browser as internet/wap/hotspot browser. The browser selects which transport service to use as it deems fit.

I've had N1000 deducted from my account in a particular situation when using the bold 9900 browser, my guess is that it occurred when the browser chose to use wap, this same thing occurred when I used MTN and Etisalat.

This is not exclusive to my device as I have seen anoda person with a bold 9900 that also has the same problem on MTN.

Note : when I upgraded my OS to 7.1, the deductions stopped when using my MTN line. The same cannot b said for when I use etisalat.

Question: is there anyone out there experiencing same?
Is there a fix or work around for this?

Thanks for your help
Re: Credit Deductions On Bold 9900 BIS by Excelboi(m): 6:30am On Sep 12, 2012
Go and de-acctivate the TCP/IP in OPTIONS MENU. I think you are using your mobile network apn unaware.
Re: Credit Deductions On Bold 9900 BIS by amblors(m): 6:38am On Sep 12, 2012
Thanks for the response, but no I'm not using the network's apn. I still believe theyr deductions from the browser using wap transport, if there's a way to stop the browser from using that I'll b glad
Re: Credit Deductions On Bold 9900 BIS by amblors(m): 6:40am On Sep 12, 2012
Just rechecked the apn, all entries are blank n its disabled. Browser wap push is also disabled on my browser, but I still have MDS push enabled, I rem disabling that too in the past but it didn't help
Re: Credit Deductions On Bold 9900 BIS by walcolm(m): 3:02pm On Sep 12, 2012
Bold 9900 has been in use for close to a year and this is the first time i'm hearing something like this

first question, are you subscribed to BIS?

if you are subscribed to BIS and MTN is deducting your credit, it has nothing to do with the 9900 browser.
Re: Credit Deductions On Bold 9900 BIS by amblors(m): 5:19pm On Sep 12, 2012
I have a friend that has the same problem, and the deductions occurs when the phone browser is used. Yes I'm subscribed to BIS
Re: Credit Deductions On Bold 9900 BIS by walcolm(m): 6:26am On Sep 13, 2012
amblors: I have a friend that has the same problem, and the deductions occurs when the phone browser is used. Yes I'm subscribed to BIS

then maybe you're on a package that does not include internet browsing....there are many people using 9900 on MTN and other networks so your problem definitely has nothing to do with the device itself....the complaints i have heard of are related to browsing with the opera mini browser on etisalat which also results in credit deduction by that carrier

your best option is to call the customer service and find out whats going on

1 Like

Re: Credit Deductions On Bold 9900 BIS by amblors(m): 7:32am On Sep 13, 2012
Thanks for the response, the deductions don't occur any more or its very minimal wen I use mtn. On etisalat tho,av resovled to just use it for bis n not recharge for calls or anything of the sort. I havnt used opera mini on my current etisalat bis subscription (blackberry complete plan), I was given free 5mb, I had N32 naira after subscription, both data n money, all depleted, so far av used just the fone browser and twitter (the official twitter app)
Re: Credit Deductions On Bold 9900 BIS by olaniyanibukun(m): 9:50pm On Oct 13, 2012
I have the same problem. Plz, have u rectified ur problem? I need it badly
Re: Credit Deductions On Bold 9900 BIS by amblors(m): 6:26am On Oct 14, 2012
olaniyanibukun: I have the same problem. Plz, have u rectified ur problem? I need it badly

Sorry man no solution, just using the phone for bis.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me, Where Can I Download Games And Apps For My Asha 305? / Glo Bis For Your iPhone- You can now change your imei / Etisalate 1g For 500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.