Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters (14524 Views)

President Buhari Departs Abuja For Malta (Photos) / President Buhari Departs Abuja To Iran(Photos) / Buhari Departs For The US With His Delegation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by onthefence: 10:03pm On Sep 11, 2012
SaharaReporters just confirmed that President Goodluck Jonathan made a hasty departure from Botswana, cutting down his state visit by one day.

A source traveling with Jonathan in Malawi and Botswana told SaharaReporters that the president’s surprising and sudden departure has increased speculations among members of his delegation that his wife’s health condition may have taken a bad turn. “Some of us are even fearing that the First Lady may be dead,” our source said.

Mr. Jonathan arrived this morning in Gaborone, the capital of Botswana, after a state visit to Malawi. He was scheduled to stay in Botswana until tomorrow. However, Jonathan hurriedly left for the airport in Gaborone in the middle of a state luncheon. After hopping on a helicopter to visit a mine, he returned to the airport and hurriedly met members of the Nigerian community. He then got on his presidential jet and took off, leaving his ministers and other members of his delegation behind in Botswana.

Our source said that Mr. Jonathan told a few members of the delegation that he was headed back to Abuja. But, according to the source, several members of the president’s entourage suspect he may be headed to Germany to see his wife, Patience Jonathan, who is admitted to a hospital in Wiesbaden, Germany.

“The president appeared to be in a pensive mood as he left Botswana,” our source said.

Since yesterday, there have been speculations among government officials in Abuja that the ailing First Lady may have died.

Our source in Botswana stated that Jonathan should arrive in Abuja in about an hour – if he was truly headed back for Nigeria.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/president-jonathan-hastily-leaves-botswana-fuels-speculations-about-wife%E2%80%99s-health
Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by Sunofgod(m): 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2012
So Dr Madam Patience is dead?

Na Wa Ohh . . . . she was an 'entertaining' first lady.

She'll be missed . . .
Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by onthefence: 10:14pm On Sep 11, 2012
Sun of god: So Dr Madam Patience is dead?

Na Wa Ohh . . . . she was an 'entertaining' first lady.

She'll be missed . . .

Who said she is dead?

9 Likes

Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by Sunofgod(m): 10:18pm On Sep 11, 2012
onthefence:

Who said she is dead?

saharareporters
Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 11, 2012
Sun of god:

saharareporters
It`s a mere speculation. There`s no evidence yet to prove that.
Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by onthefence: 10:32pm On Sep 11, 2012
Sun of god:

saharareporters

Not true sir.
Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by Sunofgod(m): 10:39pm On Sep 11, 2012
onthefence:

Not true sir.

There is no fire without some smoke - maybe she's just in a coma?

But it doesn't sound good . .
Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 11, 2012
Hmnn. I hope I am wrong!
Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by Aussie(m): 10:50pm On Sep 11, 2012
Just like Yaradua period, everything was in secret. It was Next Newspaper and Saharareporters that were giving us news from there impeccable sourses. Lets see wat happens.
Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by bikerboy1(m): 11:03pm On Sep 11, 2012
Hmn... Odikwa very risky, if U ask me.
Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by CyberG: 11:23pm On Sep 11, 2012
Sun of god:

saharareporters

You don start again with rumours, ba? SR did not say that she's dead but reported speculations from the aides of the president who observed a strange change to his itinerary which would obviously point to the fact that there could have been some serious developments. I think such reportage and speculation is okay as the retardeen government, like Yaradua, has not been forthright or come clean about events. If she's ill, just say it and there will be no need for speculations or rumours.
Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by bikerboy1(m): 11:25pm On Sep 11, 2012
I suspected this topic before venturing into it. But I hope its not true anyway, cuz we are not ready to mourn yet.
Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by ganye1: 11:38pm On Sep 11, 2012
Whatever the situation, whether she is resting or is in hospital, they have managed it badly. If she is not well why not tell Nigerians the truth after all it is normal for human beings to fall ill and she is just resting why not arrange to have it verified so as to stop the rumour?

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by onatisi(m): 11:45pm On Sep 11, 2012
these sr sef,the man didnt say where he was going ,is dame patience the only reason that can make gej abort a working visit?so just becos he left suddenly that means his wife is dead?nigerians i tire for u oooo

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by taharqa: 11:49pm On Sep 11, 2012
I honestly think all these 'sources'(if they really exist) purportedly giving info to all manner of ppl behind d backdoor , should be sorted out and charged with High Treason. I mean, am 4 openness in govt and all dat but if d state house is actually 'leaking' dis way, it portends grave danger to national security cos who knows what these 'sources' are telling(or capable of telling) foreign interest....#veryTroubling

10 Likes

Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by ArQueBusieR(m): 12:38am On Sep 12, 2012
Liar(s)!
Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by misreal(m): 1:04am On Sep 12, 2012
taharqa: I honestly think all these 'sources'(if they really exist) purportedly giving info to all manner of ppl behind d backdoor , should be found and charged with High Treason. I mean, am 4 openness in govt and all dat but if d state house is actually 'leaking' dis way, it portends grave danger to national security cos who knows what these 'sources' are telling(or capable of telling) foreign interest....#veryTroubling
na only u don talk correct tin for here

1 Like

Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by dayokanu(m): 1:32am On Sep 12, 2012
taharqa: I honestly think all these 'sources'(if they really exist) purportedly giving info to all manner of ppl behind d backdoor , should be found and charged with High Treason. I mean, am 4 openness in govt and all dat but if d state house is actually 'leaking' dis way, it portends grave danger to national security cos who knows what these 'sources' are telling(or capable of telling) foreign interest....#veryTroubling

It was the same sources that told us of Yar Aduas ill health even when Retardeen Jonathan told us he spoke to Yar Adua

By Daniel Idonor & Henry Umoru
ABUJA—VICE President Goodluck Jonathan said he spoke with the ailing President Yar’Adua “briefly on Tuesday evening, precisely at 8:00 pm.” He told the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting, which held yesterday.

The Minister of Information and Communication, Professor Dora Akunyili made the disclosure while briefing State House Correspondents.
Asked to tell Nigerians the present condition of the president’s health, she said that she had said all she knew.http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/01/i-spoke-with-yaradua-briefly-jonathan/
Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by Bunchersstab(m): 1:36am On Sep 12, 2012
Amebo elemu e go make u maaji.
Una don start again abi?
Even if Na true e no reduce fuel price.
Or change their mind 4m printing 5000 naira notes
Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by akintun: 1:36am On Sep 12, 2012
Dead ke, God forbid.
Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by donsax: 1:45am On Sep 12, 2012
Even though i aiint a fan of Gej Administration , i don't pray for the dead of his wife. Get well our first lady, i pray GOD heal you and give you good health.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by airmark(m): 1:48am On Sep 12, 2012
Aso rock Nigeria needs spiritual cleansing.
Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by dloy(m): 1:49am On Sep 12, 2012
Now that saharareporters has suddenly becomes Nigeria's wikileaks....i hope Goodluck Jonathan wont declare the founder wanted,by then we should pray d somalian embassy in nigeria will grant him assylum.
Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by Bukkyade: 1:54am On Sep 12, 2012
Sahara reporter always spreading rumors. Their sources are never mentioned, the first lady is live and would be back soon.
Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by dasparrow: 1:58am On Sep 12, 2012
taharqa: I honestly think all these 'sources'(if they really exist) purportedly giving info to all manner of ppl behind d backdoor , should be sorted out and charged with High Treason. I mean, am 4 openness in govt and all dat but if d state house is actually 'leaking' dis way, it portends grave danger to national security cos who knows what these 'sources' are telling(or capable of telling) foreign interest....#veryTroubling

Exactly!

@Post

I don't know what to believe but I do pray and hope that Dame Patience Jonathan get's better. We have so many things facing us as a nation right now that we don't need to be thrown into a sudden state of mourning.
Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by dloy(m): 2:01am On Sep 12, 2012
dayokanu:

It was the same sources that told us of Yar Aduas ill health even when Retardeen Jonathan told us he spoke to Yar Adua

These are norms,have u ever wondered how A* info of the british govt gets leaks to wikileaks.
Infact,why should they lie to us that the first lady was not ill in the first place.I think there is room for freedom of expression.
What would have been the need of leaking any information in the first place if the FG was truthful to his citizenry about the health of our first lady?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by lacasa: 2:16am On Sep 12, 2012
Na ​ so​!.
Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by dedeike: 2:22am On Sep 12, 2012
SAHARA SHOPRITE OF LIES. Nobody tells them anything. They just speculate and spread the rumours.
Where they not the ones who said their "source" told them Patience Jonathan had ruptured appendix? Gradually, it's turning to out to be fibroid.
I wonder why people still take this online media newspapers seriously.

They have misled a lot of people on NAIRALAND severally. There's nothing like rumours of death. If theres any such thing(God Forbid), you can't hide it. Even Foriegn media will report it instantly. The first lady has security personnel and associates who accompanied her to the trip. Those ones can't hide it. They would have called their close confidants and thier bosses in Nigeria to say it.
The president himself cannot hide the shock of such a bad news. Let's get real here.
Madam patience, the wife of our transformation leader and emerging best president in Nigeria's history is still very much alive.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 2:47am On Sep 12, 2012
Bukkyade: Sahara reporter always spreading rumors. Their sources are never mentioned, the first lady is live and would be back soon.
hw yu sef take know or yu jus dey type because say yu get hand and internet?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 2:50am On Sep 12, 2012
dedeike: SAHARA SHOPRITE OF LIES. Nobody tells them anything. They just speculate and spread the rumours.
Where they not the ones who said their "source" told them Patience Jonathan had ruptured appendix? Gradually, it's turning to out to be fibroid.

They have misled a lot of people on NAIRALAND severally. There's nothing like rumours of death. If theres any such thing(God Forbid), you can't hide it. Even Foriegn media will report it instantly. The first lady has security personnel and associates who accompanied her to the trip. Those ones can't hide it. They would have called their close confidants and thier bosses in Nigeria to say it.
The president himself cannot hide the shock of such a bad news. Let's get real here.
Madam patience, the wife of our transformation leader and emerging best president in Nigeria's history is still very much alive.
haha i laugh, when Musa Yar'adua died, which foreign media first reported it before Sahara eh??
Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 2:56am On Sep 12, 2012
dedeike: SAHARA SHOPRITE OF LIES. Nobody tells them anything. They just speculate and spread the rumours.

Beaf, abeg shut the hell up! Same crap you spill on SR you want to come here and vomit again. When Yar'Adua passed away did your oga know? Wasn't he busy doing dishes and running whatever errands Turai sent him on? So what are you trying to tell us now? While nobody in their right minds will wish Patience death, truth is I'll believe SR over you and any other member of the laptop gang anyday. So, abeg, shift with your useless tales.

9 Likes

Re: GEJ Departs Botswana Before Schedule - SaharaReporters by 2mch(m): 3:08am On Sep 12, 2012
Chai! Sorry GEJ. Hope it is not bad. Someone like Patience is simply irreplaceable. cry. She is always so oblivious and hilarious, in a naïve and pure way. I hope she comes out fine. A lot of Nigerian's have ill health, so I don't see the big issue in disclosing the nature of the illness. We will all die one day, if it is not her time no bad bele can kill her. So why the secrecy?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Jonathan Should Concentrate On Packing - By Emmanuel Uchenna Ugwu / Boko Haram Members Plan To Join Army – DSS / Lai Mohammed: Buhari Prevented Nigeria From Becoming Failed State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.