Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Why Cant We Develop Games In Africa(nigeria?) - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Why Cant We Develop Games In Africa(nigeria?) (3210 Views)

A Nairalander Finally Develop His First Android Game (screenshots) / Learn To Develop Games, And Play Tournaments / Will You Play Games In A Gaming Lounge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Cant We Develop Games In Africa(nigeria?) by 9ineGames: 11:02pm On Sep 11, 2012
iWarrior is a game for iphone with great African art and sounds. The goal is to protect the village from Africa’s most feared wild animals. The game is created by Leti games out of Ghana. Mobile phone games are the most widely played games in Africa, especially in the poorer regions. This is one of the top games in Africa because of its availability and rural African scenes.

The Sword of Sygos was made in Ghana, but is set in ancient Rome. The King of Rome, Aribanis and his son Horutius, has their kingdom under attack by an evil dark force, Antobis, and his army. Only Horutius, with the Sword of Sygos, can dest
roy him. The game was created in Ghana for a contest to try to promote the IT sector in the country. Even though the founders of the competition did not get the response they were looking for from the students of Africa, a great game was created. It was one of the first 3D games to come out of Africa, if not the first. It is great in that it shows that it is possible to make games in Ghana, a country with almost no video game industry, and threats of banning video game centers. The 3D game is now also used as a learning tool.

Africa is a MMORPG (Massively Multiuser Online Role Playing Game) set in 13th century Africa. The premise of the game is that you want to protect your people and conquer enemies while participating in the everyday activities of the time lik
e farming. The game was created for PC by the grandson of a Ghana king who now lives in Atlanta Georgia. What qualifies it as one of the top African video games is that it allows the Western world to be connected to and understand Africa. This in turn, spurs more interest in the African gaming industry.

Adventures of Nyangi is a 3D action-adventure video game where the main character, Nyangi, has to find some rare African artifacts. It was created by a Kenyan programmer, Wesley Kiriiny, out of Nairobi. By Western standards, the game is lac
king, with no music, little story line and little character development. The game is unique because Kiriiny created the engine that powers the software’s code, rather than downloading one of the many serviceable engines available on the Internet. The makers tried to focus on African traditions and myths in the games rural setting. Although the game doesn’t meet the full requirements of a Western story, it shows the potential of the untapped stories that can come out of Africa with its unique and rich culture.
follow us on www.facebook.com/9inegames for more updates on video games in africa
Re: Why Cant We Develop Games In Africa(nigeria?) by 9ineGames: 11:04pm On Sep 11, 2012
The-Sword-of-Sygos

Re: Why Cant We Develop Games In Africa(nigeria?) by 9ineGames: 11:05pm On Sep 11, 2012
Adventures-of-Nyangi

Africa-video-game

Re: Why Cant We Develop Games In Africa(nigeria?) by vislabraye(m): 11:39pm On Sep 11, 2012
First how many good IT institutions do we have around?
IT is very broad and its quite unlikely that the best gurus we have would want to veer into game programming.
I bet they busy scouting for jobs in MTN or Etisalat.
Re: Why Cant We Develop Games In Africa(nigeria?) by 9ineGames: 11:56pm On Sep 11, 2012
in south-Africa,they were able to develop race game for xbox!!!we

Re: Why Cant We Develop Games In Africa(nigeria?) by SirKimthe2nd: 1:19pm On Apr 12, 2017
I guess i can say that we are now developing AAA quality games. here is My game and it is available for free.
[
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuCSNAjGwHM]

Re: Why Cant We Develop Games In Africa(nigeria?) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 12, 2017
SirKimthe2nd:
I guess i can say that we are now developing AAA quality games. here is My game and it is available for free.
[

I'll watch d trailer now.

Lol! Triple A title my abs
Re: Why Cant We Develop Games In Africa(nigeria?) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 12, 2017
Your game needs working on. Opening doors to pose with an imaginary crosshair behind u repetitively isn't gaming
SirKimthe2nd:
[
Re: Why Cant We Develop Games In Africa(nigeria?) by NaHiim: 1:21pm On Feb 22, 2019
Well, I just launched my space war game which I've been working on for quite a while now

check it out :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xploore.coronawars

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! Call Of Duty 3: Modern Warfare Couldn't Write A File / Rapelay: The Video Game That Allows Players Rape Women & Children / One Game Cut Get Paid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.