Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,807 members, 7,802,583 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 (109251 Views)

Forex Trading - Season 15 / Forex Trading - Season 14 / Forex Trading - Season 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (106) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by honeric01(m): 9:04am On Sep 13, 2012
naijababe:

Break it down bro, what's BOM If you mean Bet on Markets, mehn, I no fit o. I no just get the liver

But which one is harder? forex or BOM?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 13, 2012
honeric01:

But which one is harder? forex or BOM?

In my humble opinion forex is way easier, your charts tell you something has a high probability of happening, u don't know when but with patience it will. BOM has time ceilings, think they are very similar or the same as binaries, no?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by Toks2008(m): 9:21am On Sep 13, 2012
HALLELUYA247: can someone trading with 100 dollars follow ur post and is this todays market trend and hw can one use news to trade. i wud b greatful if you reply me through these means 07031968155 or seyi1623@yahoo.com thanks.

With 100usd you can trade any method or signals. All you need is to use good money management and calculate your risk size.

First you ask yourself how much risk do you want to expose. If say 5% then first calculate your 5% which will be 100/100 x 5 = 5usd

now check the stop loss of the signal you wish to use. Lets assume its 60pips or 80pips, you can add say extra 30pips making 100pips then divide that 5usd by 100 which is 5usd(5%)/100pips sl = 0.05usd which means you will place a lot size that gives 5cent per pip and that can be found on a cent account which is offered by some brokers.

Using any lot bigger than this will endanger your equity. The idea in starting small is to trade lot sizes that is commensurate wth your equity then as you get more money, simply add to that equity until it has reached a good sum but trying to rush small equity into large sum can result to total loss which to me is a foolish way to go.

Hope this helps
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by Toks2008(m): 9:28am On Sep 13, 2012
naijababe:

In my humble opinion forex is way easier, your charts tell you something has a high probability of happening, u don't know when but with patience it will. BOM has time ceilings, think they are very similar or the same as binaries, no?

Well, i think BOM is way easier because you don't have to deal with emotions after a bet is placed. In forex trading, volatility tends to affect the psyche of a trader but in BOM especially some that allow you open max of one position on a pair with 24hrs interval, you are more relaxed and focused expecting profit or loss.

But trading BOM can be similar to fx because if you speculate that a price will test a certain supp and you sell then you can as well place a touch or no touch bet on same pair and relax. I like using 24hrs interval using touch or no touch method.

So the idea of placing a bet and relax makes it better than fx where you come in and go out of positions giving your self emotional turmoil and making a dent in your equity irrationally.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by ayox2003: 9:34am On Sep 13, 2012
Today,

Currency: Euro still open anyway. Battling with 38.2. Bought Aussie @ 1.04368 to take profit first @ 1.0500.

Indices: None

Commodities: Marketscope is yet to open its chart. And Iron FX's MT4 doesnt have commodities chart. My network is just lobotomized today!

Greens to the portfolio

Frawzey
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by Ogboraph(m): 9:39am On Sep 13, 2012
waooo welcome season 10 for my 10thousand dollar profit befor this thead will be over. ok well i am entrying gu late at GBPUSD buy @1.6120-1.6130, TP@1.6168, SL@1.6094
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by honeric01(m): 9:40am On Sep 13, 2012
naijababe:

Actually, i see forex as way harder than BOM but i still won't do BOM because to me, it's not "professional" and looks like a bet lol.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 13, 2012
Toks2008:

Well, i think BOM is way easier because you don't have to deal with emotions after a bet is placed. In forex trading, volatility tends to affect the psyche of a trader but in BOM especially some that allow you open max of one position on a pair with 24hrs interval, you are more relaxed and focused expecting profit or loss.

But trading BOM can be similar to fx because if you speculate that a price will test a certain supp and you sell then you can as well place a touch or no touch bet on same pair and relax. I like using 24hrs interval using touch or no touch method.

So the idea of placing a bet and relax makes it better than fx where you come in and go out of positions giving your self emotional turmoil and making a dent in your equity irrationally.

Maybe it's just the way my head is wired, I can't get my head around BOM. You may be right as you have done both and should know the intricacies better.

ayox2003: Today,

Currency: Euro still open anyway. Battling with 38.2. Bought Aussie @ 1.04368 to take profit first @ 1.0500.

Indices: None

Commodities: Marketscope is yet to open its chart. And Iron FX's MT4 doesnt have commodities chart. My network is just lobotomized today!

Greens to the portfolio

Frawzey

You know, if i overcome this period, then I am as disciplined as I want to be. I made the decision to trade only 4 instruments about a year and half ago. The list has been trimmed down to 3 with emphasis on two. I can't tell you how tempting it is to go and look for something else to trade just so I can get some pips.

Kai! God dey o
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by Ogboraph(m): 9:51am On Sep 13, 2012
how do i explain this pls some one help me Classical bearish divergence on: GBPUSD , 30 minutes chart and Reverse bullish divergence on: GBPUSD , 30 minutes chart on the same chart why
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 13, 2012
Ogboraph: how do i explain this pls some one help me Classical bearish divergence on: GBPUSD , 30 minutes chart and Reverse bullish divergence on: GBPUSD , 30 minutes chart on the same chart why
that is quite serious grin grin grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by honeric01(m): 10:06am On Sep 13, 2012
Ogboraph: how do i explain this pls some one help me Classical bearish divergence on: GBPUSD , 30 minutes chart and Reverse bullish divergence on: GBPUSD , 30 minutes chart on the same chart why

Simple now.. stay out if you're getting conflicting result on your chart na. unless something is wrong with your chart lol.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by ayox2003: 10:16am On Sep 13, 2012
naijababe:

You know, if i overcome this period, then I am as disciplined as I want to be. I made the decision to trade only 4 instruments about a year and half ago. The list has been trimmed down to 3 with emphasis on two. I can't tell you how tempting it is to go and look for something else to trade just so I can get some pips.

Kai! God dey o

Hahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy. Naijababe!!!

First off, kudos for being able to hold it down during tough times like this. Secondly, you're a woman and the responsibility that comes with somany open positions apart from home things. Ah!

So stick to your friends. wink Thats why I could go for days to rake in more pips with close monitoring. After the market stabilizes, things would change.

The market is crazy now! Plus, more the trades, the higher the risk.

Frawzey
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 13, 2012
Long CadChf at market price,new positions on Usd related pairs will have to wait till much later,lets see if the FOMC press conference sparks off a trading frenzy.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by raycolz84: 11:13am On Sep 13, 2012
Market is really crazy, i better sit down and watch how the drama unfolds.. live to trade another day
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by rozayx5(m): 11:24am On Sep 13, 2012
todays match fixtures, for those that are not aware, am sure this will save at least one loss in this thread cool

Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by Pro02: 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2012
IS it ok to sell UCAD NOOOOW?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by bendazum: 12:57pm On Sep 13, 2012
raycolz_84: i need two anaconda candles downwards on the 1hr chart for euro.. tongue

Why so?Daily chart takes the lead.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by FXKing2012(m): 1:22pm On Sep 13, 2012
jamace:
Congrats bros.

Where dey owambe go happen naa? On this special day, it won't be a bad idea if the Fking can plaster every member of this piphunting family with $100 each. Abi, Fking, is this too much to ask? grin

Thanks bro and nothing is too much for the honourable members of this thread.

infofirst:

Congrat the King, May the pips be greener henceforth

Thanks and may the pips never leave u as well.

FEMI OLA:

Congratulation galore!!!....wish you more pipsful years ahead.

Wish u even more pips as the year comes to an end
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2012
lari03: Long CadChf at market price,new positions on Usd related pairs will have to wait till much later,lets see if the FOMC press conference sparks off a trading frenzy.
pips locker refused to stop me out on this trade o, after paying the broker their spread, I return to see that the market has turned take profit almost hit, pips not locked, now I have to sit through this.....
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by danna(m): 2:57pm On Sep 13, 2012
Viewing this topic: puskin, roze777, danna(m), Theyjih, Goodness101(m), lari03(m) and 2 guest(s)

nawa oh!!! were is everybody... abi guys they sideline dey drink palmy.... cool cool cool
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by Pro02: 3:27pm On Sep 13, 2012
I looooooovvvvvvvvvve cruddddeeee oielllll oooooo
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by bond777(m): 3:49pm On Sep 13, 2012
danna: Viewing this topic: puskin, roze777, danna(m), Theyjih, Goodness101(m), lari03(m) and 2 guest(s)

nawa oh!!! were is everybody... abi guys they sideline dey drink palmy.... cool cool cool

Most waiting 4 5.30 & 7pm when big Ben 'll come up with de market decider. If anyone has opened positions its advisable 2 close or ensure u re close 2 ur system during this times.

Just my 2k

Cheers cheesy
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by JAkpayen(m): 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2012
QE is coming and maybe an open-ended or unlimited and EUR/USD will hit 1.3000
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by fxbomovi: 4:46pm On Sep 13, 2012
bond777:

Most waiting 4 5.30 & 7pm when big Ben 'll come up with de market decider. If anyone has opened positions its advisable 2 close or ensure u re close 2 ur system during this times.

Just my 2k

Cheers cheesy
which one of them is ben speaking, is it at 5 or 7pm
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by JAkpayen(m): 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2012
UNLIMITED QE?! — Here's The Controversial New Move The Fed Could Pull Today

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/unlimted-qe-2012-9#ixzz26MjsgRyZ

Quantitative Easing -- the practice of the Federal Reserve buying bonds in order to boost the economy -- is already a very controversial idea. Critics liken it to money printing, and they say that Bernanke is bringing us down the road to Zimbabwe.

But if you thought that QE was controversial, get a load of this: UNLIMITED QE!

That's what Deutsche Bank is predicting comes later today, when the Fed announces its monetary policy decision at 12:30.

So what is that?

Well in the past, when the Fed has tried QE, it's always come with precise limits on size. So the Fed will say that it will buy $600 billion worth of Treasuries and mortgage-backed securities, but then nothing more.

But the hot buzz in economics these days is that it's not the size of the program, but the commitment on the part of the Fed to keep money easy until the economy is well on the road to recovery.

That's where unlimited QE comes in. The idea would be that the program would be open ended, with ongoing bond buying until that point at which the Fed was satisfied that the economy was strong.

The program is thus transformed from being a program about bond buys to a program that seems to commit the Fed to future actions.

Economist Tim Duy has a great discussion on unlimited QE.

I don't anticipate a lump sum QE announcement. I anticipate an open-ended commitment to regular purchases of securities, Treasuries and/or MBS, that can be scaled up or down in response to the economy. Wall Street may be initially disappointed by the lack of a big number, but over time I think markets will come to appreciate the greater impact offered by a regular commitment based upon economic outcomes rather than the arbitrary amounts and time lines of previous QE efforts.

To Duy, the big question is, what conditions the Fed attaches to ending the bond buying. It probably won't be an explicit Nominal GPD target or even something specific like an Evans Rule (no tightening until 7% unemployment or 3% inflation). It will likely be something softer, and more along the lines of "robust data".

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/unlimted-qe-2012-9#ixzz26MjgKM5A

lol @ the bolded grin grin grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by JAkpayen(m): 5:27pm On Sep 13, 2012
Beware bears trap forming up!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by bond777(m): 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2012
BOOMMMMM ........
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2012
oh boy market don vesk o
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by toluxa1(m): 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2012
FED TO BUY $40B MBS MONTHLY, CONTINUE `OPERATION TWIST'
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by amuukwu1(m): 5:36pm On Sep 13, 2012
toluxa1: FED TO BUY $40B MBS MONTHLY, CONTINUE `OPERATION TWIST'

Thought as much. Just got positive spikes here. That man must be "god" to have held the market spell bound.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by bond777(m): 5:40pm On Sep 13, 2012
Are we all intact? Any casualties?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 10 by ayox2003: 5:41pm On Sep 13, 2012
Ope oh! wink

Tp(1.0500) @ Aussie hits.

Closed Euro almost at 1.300 before sentiments begins its journey once again.

Frawzey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (106)

Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 / For Nairabet Customers And Agents: Free Bets, Bonuses, Questions Etc / Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.