Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,154 members, 7,780,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:49 AM

Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You (23227 Views)

Hairdresser/stylists Thread / 11 Things Your Hairdresser Really Wants You To Know / 13 Things Your Hairstylist Won't Tell You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Acidosis(m): 11:28am On Sep 12, 2012
1. I'm a beautician, not a magician. I can give you Gisele Bündchen's haircut, but I can't give you her face.

2. Come at least five minutes early. If you're running late, please call ahead. Show me some basic respect.

3. Don't ask me to ''squeeze'' you in when I'm already booked. I'd be taking time and effort away from other clients. You wouldn't like being treated that way.

4. Hairdresser school does not teach about projection or personality disorders. If you're looking for a therapist, all I have is a comb and an opinion.i

5. Some clients will say, ''Cut my hair just like you did last time.'' I have hundreds of clients. How am I supposed to remember exactly how I did your hair the last time? Take a picture and show me .

6. A trim is not ''just'' a trim. It requires my expertise, skill and knowledge. Would you say to your dentist, ''It's just a tooth,'' or to your doctor, ''It's just a leg?''

etc..
www.rdasia.com/12_things_your_hairdresser_won_t_tell_you_3949

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Caracta(f): 1:19pm On Sep 12, 2012
Funny but true

1 Like

Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 12, 2012
grin grin grin grin
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Hackersking(m): 2:29pm On Sep 12, 2012
you get mouth wel
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Richiy(f): 2:32pm On Sep 12, 2012
Walahi its true. Just one look into my hairdresser's eye convinced me. But i wont stop cos i paid for d service joh.
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by ujukala: 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
Funny! Lol
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by wandeay: 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
women palaver, i'm less concerned
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
nicey..... cheesy
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by eagle22(f): 2:36pm On Sep 12, 2012
Nice one
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
She wont tell u bcus u wud overreact and get angry...
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Super1759: 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2012
And a hairdresser will never accept he made a mistake, he will say its style or his clipper is crazy or he wants to make u look different.
I didn't pay for the hair am wearing now. After searching for a good saloon. I went there, just for the man to bisect my eye-brow,shaved off the top and cut off all my mustache. I was looking like a confused rat. Infact its a long story but I didn't pay

6 Likes

Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2012
Lol i remember when i used to cut skin..after barbing the barber would spray methylated spirit
When asked why he sprays it always he'll say its good for the skin litttle did i know he did it so your hair 'll grow faster and u'll comeback in less than 2weeks for another cut. grin grin all scam

9 Likes

Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by toboy: 2:51pm On Sep 12, 2012
lol, funny you.!! especially the last two
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Diamonddamsel: 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2012
Super1759: And a hairdresser will never accept he made a mistake, he will say its style or his clipper is crazy or he wants to make u look different.
I didn't pay for the hair am wearing now. After searching for a good saloon. I went there, just for the man to bisect my eye-brow,shaved off the top and cut off all my mustache. I was looking like a confused rat. Infact its a long story but I didn't pay
Very funny i can just imagine.lol.
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by shagaman: 3:02pm On Sep 12, 2012
[b]And a hairdresser will never accept he made a mistake, he will say its style or his clipper is crazy or he wants to make u look different.
[b]I didn't pay for the hair am wearing now. After searching for a good saloon. I went there, just for the man to bisect my eye-brow,shaved off the top and cut off all my mustache. I was looking like a confused rat.
Infact its a long story but I didn't pay[/b][/b]

Honestly this is so funny.....
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 12, 2012
Super1759: And a hairdresser will never accept he made a mistake, he will say its style or his clipper is crazy or he wants to make u look different.
grin grin
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Blisslife: 3:05pm On Sep 12, 2012
The number one point really fascinates me.even if the Hairdresser tell our young girls that the won't listen
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by slimyem: 3:06pm On Sep 12, 2012
lmao@looking like a confused rat..cheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by wonlasewonimi: 3:09pm On Sep 12, 2012
that you have kraw kraw on your head.

or that you can't fix weave on with head like sahara desert.
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by ay0201(m): 3:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
Acidosis: 1. I'm a beautician, not a magician. I can give you Gisele Bündchen's haircut, but I can't give you her face.

2. Come at least five minutes early. If you're running late, please call ahead. Show me some basic respect.

3. Don't ask me to ''squeeze'' you in when I'm already booked. I'd be taking time and effort away from other clients. You wouldn't like being treated that way.

4. Hairdresser school does not teach about projection or personality disorders. If you're looking for a therapist, all I have is a comb and an opinion.i

5. Some clients will say, ''Cut my hair just like you did last time.'' I have hundreds of clients. How am I supposed to remember exactly how I did your hair the last time? Take a picture and show me .

6. A trim is not ''just'' a trim. It requires my expertise, skill and knowledge. Would you say to your dentist, ''It's just a tooth,'' or to your doctor, ''It's just a leg?''

etc..
www.rdasia.com/12_things_your_hairdresser_won_t_tell_you_3949
Shave the hair make the thing remain the ponmo i.e if the hair dey give you problem.
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by ethereal(f): 3:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
Wat irks me most is when ALL of 'em try 2 convince u dat d hair looks super cute on u...even when a blind man can tell frm a mile dat d hair is Bad!!!...lol...even some mischievious customers would join d chorus.Only for them to burst out laughing d minute u walk out...lolll

4 Likes

Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by sexyverah(f): 3:37pm On Sep 12, 2012
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by rodeo0070(m): 3:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
Nice one...
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:42pm On Sep 12, 2012
Afterall I dey pay my hard earned money. If he does not please me sef, I fit say make the barber gum back my hair...I no dey cut hair again. FMJ!
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by vislabraye(m): 3:54pm On Sep 12, 2012
If you've been styling a customer a particular style for a year and he visits u once a week, he expects you know his style.
My barbers know my style.

1 Like

Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by slimming: 3:54pm On Sep 12, 2012
Good of you dear, hope to see you writing a book on your profession in the future.
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 12, 2012
vislabraye: If you've been styling a customer a particular style for a year and he visits u once a week, he expects you know his style.
My barbers know my style.
same here

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Handsome Felon Jeremy Meeks Lands Modelling Contract / Meet The Contestants Of Miss Ambassador For Peace As Davido,others To Be Awarded / Un-even Skin Tone!!!!!! So Embarassing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.