Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens (23120 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana / Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 12, 2012
List of states with the most civilized citizens in Nigeria. The word "Citizen" as used here doesn't mean only the indigines of the state are referred to, but also people who migrated to the state and living there presently.

States that top the table:

*Lagos (almost everywhere in the state)

*Abuja(FCT), (The central area. With places like gwangalada, Kwali... Not inclusive)

*Rivers (Just Port-Hacourt and it's environ.)

*Ogun (only Abeokuta, Ota)

*Enugu (the capital city "Enugu" )

*Edo (Benin city)

*Kaduna (the capital city "Kaduna" and Zaria)

*Imo (Owerri only)

*Kwara (just Ilorin and Offa)

*Anambra (Awka, Onitsha)

*Ondo (Akure only)

*Delta (Asaba and Warri)

*Kano (Kano city and it's environ.)

States found inbetween:

*Oyo (Ibadan, Oyo, Ogbomosho)

*Abia (Umuahia, Aba)

*Cross River (Calaba only)

*Akwa Ibom (Only Uyo)

*Osun (Oshogbo, Ilesha)

*Ekiti (Ado Ekiti)

*Plateau (Jos)

*Kogi (Lokoja)

*Benue (Makurdi)

States with the list civilized citizens, from bad to good:

*Majority of the North-East states(Borno, Taraba, Yobe, Adamawa, etc...)

*Few of the North-West States(Zamfara, Kebbi, etc...)

*Nassarwa (Lafia)

*Bayelsa (Yenagoa)

*Ebonyi (Abakaliki)

Etc....

From the list, the first is indisputable, the second and third are confirmed. But others are just my thought. Make up your own list

NB: please be constructive in your post, no insult.

3 Likes

Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by PaulJohn1: 5:01pm On Sep 12, 2012
Is education not the basis of civilization? If it is then, I think Ekiti should be among the first group.
This state has the highest number of Profs and doctors in this country. More than that of the whole of S/Southern states combined together.
Ileke idi and ekt bear tell them cool

5 Likes

Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by naptu2: 5:09pm On Sep 12, 2012
Op: you didn't define "civilised". How do you determine which state is civilised and which isn't?

I believe you mean - States with the least civilized citizens, from bad to good:

3 Likes

Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by PhysicsQED(m): 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2012
Paul John: Is education not the basis of civilization? If it is then, I think Ekiti should be among the first group.
This state has the highest number of Profs and doctors in this country. More than that of the whole of S/Southern states combined together.
Ileke idi and ekt bear tell them cool

Do you actually believe this or are you just trying to be funny?

That state probably has produced more professors than Bayelsa. However, I doubt it has produced more than any of the other states in the "South South," even if the state is producing a higher than normal amount.

5 Likes

Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by PaulJohn1: 9:02pm On Sep 12, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Do you actually believe this or are you just trying to be funny?

That state probably has produced more professors than Bayelsa. However, I doubt it has produced more than any of the other states in the "South South," even if the state is producing a higher than normal amount.
They take the lead in Nigeria. Go confirm

2 Likes

Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by asha80(m): 9:13pm On Sep 12, 2012
Paul John:

pure ignorance.

5 Likes

Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 12, 2012
What do you mean by civilization?
Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by Abagworo(m): 9:29pm On Sep 12, 2012
Imo by far. Very clean and educated people interested in foreign and domestic affairs. High literacy and gender tolerance.

2 Likes

Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by Torch1(m): 9:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
They have come again...
Infact Nairaland is the least civilised.

1 Like

Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 12, 2012
for me i think its

Lagos

Abuja

Porthacourt

Enugu

Owerri

Ibadan

Abeokuta

Benin

Asaba

Warri

Umuahia

jos

kaduna

calabar and the rest.....

3 Likes

Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by dayokanu(m): 9:57pm On Sep 12, 2012
sam(obo):
for me i think its

Lagos

Abuja

Porthacourt

Enugu

Owerri

Ibadan

Abeokuta

Benin

Asaba

Warri

Umuahia

jos

kaduna

calabar and the rest.....

And the above look like Names of Nigerian states to you.

You need to fight the illiteracy in you

1. Lagos.
2 Abuja(If can be considered a state)
3. Rivers.
4) Oyo
5) Delta
6) Ogun
7) Anambra
cool Ondo
9) Imo.
10) Plateau.
11) Ekiti

OP, You listed Oyo has having 3 Urban centers but still ranked places with one urban centers ahead of it

2 Likes

Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 12, 2012
berem: What do you mean by civilization?

Ask Saidi Osupa.

4 Likes

Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by PaulJohn1: 10:03pm On Sep 12, 2012
asha 80:

pure ignorance.

...Ekiti State is referred to as “The Fountain of Knowledge” due to many illustrious high-level intellectuals that trace their ancestral roots from the State. In fact, Ekiti State is reputed to have produced the highest number of Professors in Nigeria. Several pioneer scholars in Nigeria including Professors Adegoke Olubummo(1st Nigeria Professor in the field of Mathematics), Adeyinka Adeyemi (1st Professor of Architecture in West Africa), JF Ade-Ajayi, Niyi Osundare, Sam Aluko, Bolaji Aluko, Peter Bodurin all hail from the States.
http://www.lawnigeria.com/Ekiti/Ekiti.html

...Ekiti State is reputed to have produced the highest number of professors in Nigeria. Several pioneers academics are from the state. Pioneers like Profs Adegoke Olubummo(1st Nigeria Professor in the field of Mathematics), Adeyinka Adeyemi(1st Professor of Architecture in West Africa). Others include renowned academics like Profs J.F. Ade-Ajayi, Niyi Osundare, Sam Aluko, Bolaji Aluko, Peter Bodurin and others too many to mention.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ekiti_State

I'm not from Ekiti though cool

1 Like

Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by Acidosis(m): 10:09pm On Sep 12, 2012
I don't understand the thread and the diversified comments.. education, civilised, illiterate.. etcera..

What do you mean by "civilise"? are you talking about the number of professors? are you talking about the level of development? are you referring to social life of the people?
Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
Acidosis: I don't understand the thread and the diversified comments.. education, civilised, illiterate.. etcera..

What do you mean by "civilise"? are you talking about the number of professors? are you talking about the level of development? are you referring to social life of the people?

I don't understand the thread either that's why I asked the question! Civilization based on what criteria? Op I think you should make it easier to understand.

1 Like

Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by Aderostock(m): 10:19pm On Sep 12, 2012
Civilisation is totally different frm industralisation.
1. Lagos
2. Abuja
3. Ogun
4. Delta
5. Oyo
6. Enugu
7. Edo
8. Rivers
9. Anambra
10. Cross river

4 Likes

Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by Acidosis(m): 10:21pm On Sep 12, 2012
This post is wack and weak.
Your only naming and listing urban cities in Nigeria.. what happens to the universities in the towns and villages..

A "village" like Abraka, Delta state has over a hundred - to thousand Ph.D holders, countless Bachelors degree holders dwelling within the community.

So if you're making your conclusions based on "education", make sure you include the villages with tertiary institutions.
Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by Aderostock(m): 10:24pm On Sep 12, 2012
Acidosis: I don't understand the thread and the diversified comments.. education, civilised, illiterate.. etcera..

Education brings literacy
Literacy brings civilisation which is an Exposure
While civilisation brings social life

1 Like

Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by asha80(m): 10:25pm On Sep 12, 2012
Paul John:

I'm not from Ekiti though cool

there is a difference btw saying they have highest no of proffesors to come from a single state and that ekiti have more proffesors than all southern states put together
Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 12, 2012

I meant how civilized the people living in a particular state are. Not about the amount of professors or level of development, those guys up there diverted the topic.
It's all about the extent of the enlightenment of people living in a state, their way of life...

1 Like

Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by Caracta(f): 10:31pm On Sep 12, 2012
Lagos and civilized citizens shouldn't be in the same sentence

2 Likes

Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
Torch1: They have come again...
Infact Nairaland is the least civilised.
You might be right cheesy
Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by PaulJohn1: 10:45pm On Sep 12, 2012
Lagos
Abuja
Ogun
Edo
Imo
Ondo
Delta
Oyo
Anambra
Ekiti
Osun
And the rest....
Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by PaulJohn1: 10:57pm On Sep 12, 2012
asha 80:

there is a difference btw saying they have highest no of proffesors to come from a single state and that ekiti have more proffesors than all southern states put together

You're right about the difference.
I read an article about Ekiti having more professors than the whole profs they've gotten in S/South, can't find that now. You can't just take away the fact that they have the highest numbers of profs and doctors in Nigeria, followed by either Ogun or Ondo(those people sabi read, I respect them for that).
Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by PaulJohn1: 11:18pm On Sep 12, 2012
walescounis:

Ask Saidi Osupa.
grin grin grin grin
Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by mobf: 11:52pm On Sep 12, 2012
.Nairaland:
List of states with the most civilized citizens in Nigeria. The word "Citizen" as used here doesn't mean only the indigines of the state are referred to, but also people who migrated to the state and living there presently.

States that top the table:

*Lagos (almost everywhere in the state)

*Abuja(FCT), (The central area. With places like gwangalada, Kwali... Not inclusive)

*Rivers (Just Port-Hacourt and it's environ.)

*Ogun (only Abeokuta, Ota)

*Enugu (the capital city "Enugu" )

*Edo (Benin city)

*Kaduna (the capital city "Kaduna" and Zaria)

*Imo (Owerri only)

*Kwara (just Ilorin and Offa)

*Anambra (Awka, Onitsha)

*Ondo (Akure only)

*Delta (Asaba and Warri)

*Kano (Kano city and it's environ.)

States found inbetween:

*Oyo (Ibadan, Oyo, Ogbomosho)

*Abia (Umuahia, Aba)

*Cross River (Calaba only)

*Akwa Ibom (Only Uyo)

*Osun (Oshogbo, Ilesha)

*Ekiti (Ado Ekiti)

*Plateau (Jos)

*Kogi (Lokoja)

*Benue (Makurdi)

States with the list civilized citizens, from bad to good:

*Majority of the North-East states(Borno, Taraba, Yobe, Adamawa, etc...)

*Few of the North-West States(Zamfara, Kebbi, etc...)

*Nassarwa (Lafia)

*Bayelsa (Yenagoa)

*Ebonyi (Abakaliki)

Etc....

From the list, the first is indisputable, the second and third are confirmed. But others are just my thought. Make up your own list

NB: please be constructive in your post, no insult.

Complete waste of time
Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by PhysicsQED(m): 12:20am On Sep 13, 2012
Paul John:

Paul John: I'm not from Ekiti though cool

Paul John:

You're right about the difference.
I read an article about Ekiti having more professors than the whole profs they've gotten in S/South, can't find that now. You can't just take away the fact that they have the highest numbers of profs and doctors in Nigeria, followed by either Ogun or Ondo(those people sabi read, I respect them for that).

You were actually serious! shocked shocked

What a joker! You post a list mentioning seven prominent Ekiti professors and you start believing such a ridiculous claim.

There's not even any evidence that Ekiti has the highest number of professors and doctors per capita, not to talk of having the highest number of professors and doctors outright, which is extremely unlikely. Whoever wrote that article claiming that Ekiti had more professors than the whole south south needs to go back to school to develop basic reasoning skills and learn how to carry out basic research.
Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by bokohalal(m): 12:34am On Sep 13, 2012
Nonsense. This is a very subjective matter.Depends on your status and who you move with and where you frequent.
Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by PaulJohn1: 3:01am On Sep 13, 2012
PhysicsQED:

You were actually serious! shocked shocked

What a joker! You post a list mentioning seven prominent Ekiti professors and you start believing such a ridiculous claim.

There's not even any evidence that Ekiti has the highest number of professors and doctors per capita, not to talk of having the highest number of professors and doctors outright, which is extremely unlikely. Whoever wrote that article claiming that Ekiti had more professors than the whole south south needs to go back to school to develop basic reasoning skills and learn how to carry out basic research.

Oh! I didn't compose it myself shocked
And don't pretend you didn't see where it was stated that the state has the highest number of profs.
This's not the even what the thread is all about. Let's not go off topic.
Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by PhysicsQED(m): 3:15am On Sep 13, 2012
Paul John:

Oh! I didn't compose it myself shocked
And don't pretend you didn't see where it was stated that the state has the highest number of profs.
This's not the even what the thread is all about. Let's not go off topic.

Did I say you composed it yourself? No. That's not the point. Whoever composed it provided no supporting evidence whatsoever.

I'm not "pretending" that I didn't see something. The claim was seen and found wanting. I insist that the claim is the result of someone's assumptions and not any actual fact-finding work, otherwise those making the claim would have actually attempted to provide even a modicum of supporting evidence.

If talking about this claim is "going off topic" then you already went "off topic" the minute you first brought it up. I wouldn't let such a silly and ridiculous assertion stand unchallenged just out of fear of going off topic.
Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by Jisunpack: 4:33am On Sep 13, 2012
Tolerance = civilization . . .We know better.

1. South western states + Edo

2. Akwa Ibom + Cross Rivers

3. Rivers

. . . The others are just extreme and mostly religious bigots. else, show me ANY state which would allow a gigantic mosque or church to be built in the middle of the state capatial. Or can we ever talk about civilization without tolerance? I doubt.

1 Like

Re: States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens by PaulJohn1: 6:21am On Sep 13, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Did I say you composed it yourself? No. That's not the point. Whoever composed it provided no supporting evidence whatsoever.

I'm not "pretending" that I didn't see something. The claim was seen and found wanting. I insist that the claim is the result of someone's assumptions and not any actual fact-finding work, otherwise those making the claim would have actually attempted to provide even a modicum of supporting evidence.

If talking about this claim is "going off topic" then you already went "off topic" the minute you first brought it up. I wouldn't let such a silly and ridiculous assertion stand unchallenged just out of fear of going off topic.

Of course you can say it's someone's assumption. Aren't all post referring to a link here on NL also someone's assumption or opinion? May be you're a type that doubt the credibility of any post when it's not what you expected, well I don't have a problem with that since it's just you.
I didn't mean to go off topic at first, I was only questioning the OP that "is education not basis of civilization". When you term a set of people civilized with poor educational bar ground, then your assertion is questionable.
Again, I'm not from that state, it's just the fact that I know about them that I'm sharing. Peace cool
Mind sharing your home state to even know where she's ranked cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seize Any Money I Own In Foreign Accounts, Akpabio Challenges FG / "Spoilt Child": Okorocha's Aide, Sam Onwuemeodo Blasts FFK Over Buhari's Photo / House Of Representatives Wants Nigeria Returned To Parliamentary System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.