Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Wireless WLAN Icon On The System Tray Showing Red X - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Wireless WLAN Icon On The System Tray Showing Red X (2460 Views)

Please Someone Help With A Zinox Smart Wlan Driver / How To Use Your Symbian Fone As A Wireless Router (wlan) / Glo 3g Internet Vs Normal Wifi Or Wlan Connection: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wireless WLAN Icon On The System Tray Showing Red X by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2012
hello please, i have this problem on my laptop. the WLAN icon ( circled in yellow below) is showing a red x. How can i make it come on. My Hp
wireless Assistant does not display any wireless device.
After going to the device manager, the second picture, shows the devices under the network adapters.

Thanks for the help

My laptop is
HP 630 Notebook PC
Windows 7, 64-bit OS
Intel core i3
RAM: 4gb
Hard disk:500gb

Thank

Re: Wireless WLAN Icon On The System Tray Showing Red X by Maleeq(m): 4:18pm On Sep 12, 2012
I can see the WLAN device listed. Have you "actually tried connecting to a wireless network"? The red x would always be shown when there isn't any current active connection on the interface.
Re: Wireless WLAN Icon On The System Tray Showing Red X by samfibby(m): 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2012
There should be a button on your keyboard u could tap to make it active.
Re: Wireless WLAN Icon On The System Tray Showing Red X by blackracle(m): 6:49pm On Sep 14, 2012
The red X on the taskbar shows that it is disabled.try the following:
1. Look for the wireless LAN switch on your keyboard or side of your laptop.(switch location depends on ether type of laptop you use)
2. If it doesn't fix it,go to device manager and right click on the wireless LAN card under networks.choose disable and after some few minutes,enable it back.

I hope it helps.
Re: Wireless WLAN Icon On The System Tray Showing Red X by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 14, 2012
thanks guys will try it and see
Re: Wireless WLAN Icon On The System Tray Showing Red X by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 25, 2012
thanks to all you guys, later updated the hp software, and everything is ok thanks for the support.

(1) (Reply)

8 Best File Sharing/hosting Sites Free / Zurker: Join And Earn Money From This New Soical Networking Website / *SOLD OUT* Samsung Laptop R480 Corei3 4gb 320gb Hdd, Webcam Dvd-rom, Red Color

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.