Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Planning A Wedding - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Planning A Wedding (11000 Views)

Souvenir Shared At A Wedding Ceremony(photos) / Planning A Cross Cultural Wedding Reception-ideas Needed / Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Planning A Wedding by beqs101(f): 10:05am On Sep 13, 2012
Hi people,
Plz I'm planning my wedding and my fiance and i are looking at having both the traditional and white wedding on the same day but,I really don't have any idea how it's gonna be like.. Plz I need advice on how to plan it so I'll have a successful and cool wedding.. Thanks
Re: Planning A Wedding by lomxie(f): 11:03am On Sep 13, 2012
Where are you located and what is your budget and when exactly are looking for the wedding
Re: Planning A Wedding by beqs101(f): 4:31pm On Sep 13, 2012
lomxie: Where are you located and what is your budget and when exactly are looking for the wedding

I'm in Ph but the wedding is gonna be in Delta state..about the budget,my fiance hasn't told me his budget yet but I just want ideas and plan based on those ideas..
Re: Planning A Wedding by louiseevents: 9:26am On Sep 14, 2012
Hi, i'm a wedding planner and i also do venue decoration with a superb touch. I'm from delta state and i'm very familiar with the customs and lifestyle there. May i suggest that you have your white wedding in the morning and use the trad as ur reception. Call me on 08181439414 so that we can talk more or send an email to my inbox ekilouievents@gmail.com
Visit my site for more info www.ekiluwievents.com

1 Like

Re: Planning A Wedding by beqs101(f): 9:51am On Sep 14, 2012
louiseevents: Hi, i'm a wedding planner and i also do venue decoration with a superb touch. I'm from delta state and i'm very familiar with the customs and lifestyle there. May i suggest that you have your white wedding in the morning and use the trad as ur reception. Call me on 08181439414 so that we can talk more or send an email to my inbox ekilouievents@gmail.com
Visit my site for more info www.ekiluwievents.com

Thanks for your suggestion..I will send you an email ASAP
Re: Planning A Wedding by sassygal(f): 6:50pm On Sep 15, 2012
Hi,

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials.

For every bride to be, wanting a perfect and cool wedding is top priority. Planning can be very hectic and stressful and on-the-day coordination can be overwhelming if not handled by a professional with a passion for these things.

The first thing you need to do is set a budget!!! This is very important and crucial. Set a price range that you MUST not exceed. Never plan your wedding without a budget.

2) Make a guest list. know the maximum number of guests you want or expect. Set a figure as most vendors work with that when charging you. Always add a hundred more guests to that list, cos naija peeps always attend parties with friends or in case of i-hear-i-branch peeps. Unless you make it strictly by invitation.

3)What sort of wedding do you envisage? A quiet, intimate, classy affair? Or a moderate one? You can even go as loud and extravagant as you want. It all depends on what YOU, as the bride, wants. Nevertheless, dont forget to carry your groom along o! You can have everything you want for that day to be perfect. Get a notebook for your day and write down everything relating to your wedding, no matter how silly.

4) Get a professional help, if you can afford to. In as much as well-meaning, an aunt or sister is, they can never do it like a professional can. So please enlist the help of a wedding planner. They are so many reasons why you need one.

5)Choosing vendors is very very critical as they make or mar your day. Never ever choode one out of sentiments! You only get to be a bride once.

Having both your traditional and white wedding on the same day is a money-saver. Ideally, your traditional wedding should be in the morning, as early as 8am -10am. Then church should be set at 12pm. I'm sure you'll want to have a regular reception party in your wedding gown. So you do a traditional wedding set for family and very close friends in the morning, change into your gown and go to church, then off to your reception party to enjoy yourself.

If you do need more advice, (its free) call 08028560124 or mail classysassyng@gmail.com. I plan and coordinate weddings, no matter the location and will love to help you realise your dream wedding.

9 Likes

Re: Planning A Wedding by chronique(m): 9:30am On Sep 20, 2012
How do you want your wedding,birthday or any other event packaged? Do you want it to be stylish,exciting and shot like a movie? Are you tired of having those boring wedding videos that makes the bride/groom look horrible and scary? Do you want the picture quality to look great like a movie? If yes,then come talk to us at chronx media and let's help you make your dreams come through. We also cover and do post productions for launching,anniversaries,etc,in a special way. We use state of the art equipments used in producing top of the line movies. Contact us on 07065614087,07083971264. E-mail: chronx@chronxmedia.com. Website: www.chronxmedia.com
Re: Planning A Wedding by beqs101(f): 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2012
sassygal: Hi,

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials.

For every bride to be, wanting a perfect and cool wedding is top priority. Planning can be very hectic and stressful and on-the-day coordination can be overwhelming if not handled by a professional with a passion for these things.

The first thing you need to do is set a budget!!! This is very important and crucial. Set a price range that you MUST not exceed. Never plan your wedding without a budget.

2) Make a guest list. know the maximum number of guests you want or expect. Set a figure as most vendors work with that when charging you. Always add a hundred more guests to that list, cos naija peeps always attend parties with friends or in case of i-hear-i-branch peeps. Unless you make it strictly by invitation.

3)What sort of wedding do you envisage? A quiet, intimate, classy affair? Or a moderate one? You can even go as loud and extravagant as you want. It all depends on what YOU, as the bride, wants. Nevertheless, dont forget to carry your groom along o! You can have everything you want for that day to be perfect. Get a notebook for your day and write down everything relating to your wedding, no matter how silly.

4) Get a professional help, if you can afford to. In as much as well-meaning, an aunt or sister is, they can never do it like a professional can. So please enlist the help of a wedding planner. They are so many reasons why you need one.

5)Choosing vendors is very very critical as they make or mar your day. Never ever choode one out of sentiments! You only get to be a bride once.

Having both your traditional and white wedding on the same day is a money-saver. Ideally, your traditional wedding should be in the morning, as early as 8am -10am. Then church should be set at 12pm. I'm sure you'll want to have a regular reception party in your wedding gown. So you do a traditional wedding set for family and very close friends in the morning, change into your gown and go to church, then off to your reception party to enjoy yourself.

If you do need more advice, (its free) call 08028560124 or mail classysassyng@gmail.com. I plan and coordinate weddings, no matter the location and will love to help you realise your dream wedding.

Thanks for the advice and suggestions.. I will contact you.
Re: Planning A Wedding by Abujafood: 9:19am On Sep 21, 2012
Too bad OP you are not in Abuja but check out this article on tips to Planning a wedding
Re: Planning A Wedding by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 22, 2012
Make sure enough food and drinks are available, especially "GARRI"
You can contact Ebamma or BBpreye for help!
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Planning A Wedding by Obinnau(m): 3:08pm On Sep 22, 2012
nnaa mehn!! See advertisements.
Re: Planning A Wedding by ifekon: 3:17pm On Sep 22, 2012
Mine also coming up soon, need a wedding planner too, precisely 25th and 27th October 2012.
Re: Planning A Wedding by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 22, 2012
The OP needs advice to be drop here instead of dis advertise here and there.OP, I'm also a wedding planner. Contact ne via 080*3*1*2*9*9. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Planning A Wedding by floriana(m): 3:48pm On Sep 22, 2012
To all the reckless "events planners" who are offering advertisements instead of suggestions, I hope you will be magnanimous enough to render cost saving services to this young lady cos it looks like this is gonna be a budget wedding not another big pay day ticket for you guys. This couple will not need so much suggestions if they have a deep pocket to prosecute their event. Please all the agbalowomeri events planners should stay off this thread. This is a public service announcement of behalf of the OP before she is rendered totally confused and her fiance absolutely unable to meet her current and emerging demands.

2 Likes

Re: Planning A Wedding by timbros(m): 3:59pm On Sep 22, 2012
What more can i say? Sassygal have said it all! Pay special consideration to point 4. Its very important...

congrats girl! Wish u all the best.
Re: Planning A Wedding by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 22, 2012
bbpreye.:
Thanks

buhahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin

#falls from the top of a canopy..
Re: Planning A Wedding by Esejojo: 4:13pm On Sep 22, 2012
To preserve the memory of your events in a unique movie format with multiple hi-definition video equipment with a Director in full charge, then call 08051162212.

We also provide upscale and truly classy photography service. Thanks.
Re: Planning A Wedding by Toktee(m): 4:15pm On Sep 22, 2012
Mine is coming up in november 24 in asaba,venue,living faith church asaba,you are all invited
Re: Planning A Wedding by sexyglow(f): 4:17pm On Sep 22, 2012
bbpreye.:
Thanks
You are banned for mentioning GARRI here!
Re: Planning A Wedding by zinfly: 4:27pm On Sep 22, 2012
I am in the same predicament. i am planning my wedding for Feb 2013 and i need some help on how to go about it. i am absolutely lost. My wedding is in port harcourt and i am a bit of a perfectionist who likes great value for money. any help with vendors for make up, decoration, catering and photography will be much appreciated.
Re: Planning A Wedding by garripack: 5:12pm On Sep 22, 2012
[size=20pt]WAT RUBBISH @ SEUN AM SURE IT WUD GET TO THE EXTENT WEN U SHITT FOR YOUR BODY U GO PUT AM FOR FRONT PAGE WEN YOU WAN CHOP EBA E GO DEY FRONT PAGE MTCHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW..............[/size]
Re: Planning A Wedding by Gorrbachev: 5:12pm On Sep 22, 2012
get a wedding planner. their services are not that expensive
Re: Planning A Wedding by fankasibe: 5:21pm On Sep 22, 2012
pls call me when the food is ready
Re: Planning A Wedding by timbros(m): 5:28pm On Sep 22, 2012
zinfly: I am in the same predicament. i am planning my wedding for Feb 2012 and i need some help on how to go about it. i am absolutely lost. My wedding is in port harcourt and i am a bit of a perfectionist who likes great value for money. any help with vendors for make up, decoration, catering and photography will be much appreciated.

Are u high? shocked
Re: Planning A Wedding by mekaboy(m): 5:32pm On Sep 22, 2012
DO YOUR TRAD EARLY IN THE MORNING, DO YOUR WEDDING IN THE AFTERNOON.

DO YOUR RECEPTION IN A RESTUARANT OR FAST FOOD JOINT. ANYBODY THAT WANTS TO EAT OR DRINK SHOULD PAY FOR THEIR FOOD AND DRINKS.

THIS IS HOW I INTEND TO DO MINE
Re: Planning A Wedding by zinfly: 6:04pm On Sep 22, 2012
timbros:

Are u high? shocked

i am not really one to rain insults on people without just cause. Please in what way does my request or response suggest i am High.
Re: Planning A Wedding by ujchief(m): 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2012
mekaboy: DO YOUR TRAD EARLY IN THE MORNING, DO YOUR WEDDING IN THE AFTERNOON.

DO YOUR RECEPTION IN A RESTUARANT OR FAST FOOD JOINT. ANYBODY THAT WANTS TO EAT OR DRINK SHOULD PAY FOR THEIR FOOD AND DRINKS.

THIS IS HOW I INTEND TO DO MINE
when u're ready to get maried, u'll have a re-think. The 'boy' in ur username tells me its going to be much, much later.
Re: Planning A Wedding by dasparrow: 6:18pm On Sep 22, 2012
mekaboy: DO YOUR TRAD EARLY IN THE MORNING, DO YOUR WEDDING IN THE AFTERNOON.

[b]DO YOUR RECEPTION IN A RESTUARANT OR FAST FOOD JOINT. ANYBODY THAT WANTS TO EAT OR DRINK SHOULD PAY FOR THEIR FOOD AND DRINKS

THIS IS HOW I INTEND TO DO MINE[/b]

@Bolded

LOL grin

You can't be serious. Don't you know that many Nigerians go to weddings and other festivities and celebrations just for the free food and drinks they will get there?
Re: Planning A Wedding by leMuhito(f): 6:58pm On Sep 22, 2012
beqs101: Hi people,
Plz I'm planning my wedding and my fiance and i are looking at having both the traditional and white wedding on the same day but,I really don't have any idea how it's gonna be like.. Plz I need advice on how to plan it so I'll have a successful and cool wedding.. Thanks

Why not check 360Eventee guys @ www.360eventee.com they are good!
Re: Planning A Wedding by contra(m): 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2012
zinfly:

i am not really one to rain insults on people without just cause. Please in what way does my request or response suggest i am High.

you said 'Feb 2012' thats past nah...abi are we counting back?

@Event planners you guys are not helping the OP alone, try and post ur suggestion here as well.
Re: Planning A Wedding by ACM10: 7:05pm On Sep 22, 2012
lomxie: Where are you located and what is your budget and when exactly are looking for the wedding

My budget is N150,000 and the location is Ph. I want the wedding to be an unforgetable moment in my life. Oya talk! I dey wait. cool
Re: Planning A Wedding by zinfly: 7:18pm On Sep 22, 2012
contra:

you said 'Feb 2012' thats past nah...abi are we counting back?

@Event planners you guys are not helping the OP alone, try and post ur suggestion here as well.
Thanks for pointing out my mistake reasonably. Feb 2013 i meant. Time flies so quickly and i get nervous i wont be able to sort out all i need before then. i welcome suggestions. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress Ajanigo Simeon Traditional Wedding...(pictures) / Fruit Tree! Fruit Tree!! Fruit Tree!!! / Hairstyle For My Wedding Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.