Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,203 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Should Pastors Be Paid For Performing Miracles - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Pastors Be Paid For Performing Miracles (2120 Views)

Should Pastors Be Wealthy? / Top 10 Astonishing Miracles (international) / Should Pastors Be Collecting Money From Members Before Praying For Them?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Pastors Be Paid For Performing Miracles by tobechi20(m): 11:23am On Sep 13, 2012
Pastors usualy expect benefits for performing a miracles. Few of them tel u d amount to pay before performing the miracle. Some tel u indirectly ; bles ur pastor and the miracle wil be permanent.

Should pastors be paid for performing miracle?
Re: Should Pastors Be Paid For Performing Miracles by k2039: 12:13pm On Sep 13, 2012
tobechi20: Pastors usualy expect benefits for performing a miracles.
My assumption Few of them tel u d amount to pay before performing the miracle. [/quote]
Because they probably bought their gift(that will be from the devil)

tobechi20: Some tel u indirectly ; bles ur pastor and the miracle wil be permanent.
That pastor is a thief

tobechi20: Should pastors be paid for performing miracle?
YES,if the miracle was performed outside of JESUs.(if he uses juju power,he should be paid afterall he recieved the power with money)

1 Corinthians 12;8-10
To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit,
to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit,
to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues.

1 Corinthians 12:7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Be Paid For Performing Miracles by dorox(m): 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2012
If mugu no pay how guyman go take chop? That is the question you should have asked.
Re: Should Pastors Be Paid For Performing Miracles by engrtee(f): 7:06pm On Sep 13, 2012
If a sik go to doctor, he payz. Y shudnt he pay to a pastor
Re: Should Pastors Be Paid For Performing Miracles by OmoAlata(f): 7:32pm On Sep 13, 2012
Matthew 10:8

Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

However, as said above, if the 'pastor' paid for the 'power', then .......... wink

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Be Paid For Performing Miracles by CrazyMan(m): 7:37pm On Sep 13, 2012
Acts 8:18-22.  When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles' hands, he offered them money 19 and said, "Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit."

20 Peter answered: "May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money! 21 You have no part or share in this ministry, because your heart is not right before God. 22 Repent of this wickedness and pray to the Lord in the hope that he may forgive you for having such a thought in your heart.

From the passage above, any pastor that asks you for money isn't a child of God. Jesus and his disciples made sure they lived an exemplary life so we might follow in their footsteps.

Therefore flee from such people...cos they're lovers of money and not of God.

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Be Paid For Performing Miracles by plappville(f): 9:48pm On Sep 13, 2012
CrazyMan: Acts 8:18-22.  When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles' hands, he offered them money 19 and said, "Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit."

20 Peter answered: "May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money! 21 You have no part or share in this ministry, because your heart is not right before God. 22 Repent of this wickedness and pray to the Lord in the hope that
he may forgive you for having such a thought in your heart.

From the passage above, any pastor that asks you for money isn't a child of God. Jesus and his disciples
made sure they lived an exemplary life so we might follow in their footsteps.
Therefore flee from such people...cos they're lovers of money and not of God.
GBAMMMM!!!!!! Correct one!!!
Re: Should Pastors Be Paid For Performing Miracles by Jenwitemi(m): 10:07pm On Sep 13, 2012
Miracles for sale.Why not?
Re: Should Pastors Be Paid For Performing Miracles by Joagbaje(m): 6:12am On Sep 15, 2012
tobechi20: Pastors usualy expect benefits for performing a miracles. Few of them tel u d amount to pay before performing the miracle. Some tel u indirectly ; bles ur pastor and the miracle wil be permanent.

Should pastors be paid for performing miracle?

Jesus was very clear.

Matthew 10:8

Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give..

You don't charge for ministrying to people. But at the same time the bible instructs those who have been blessed by a minister to minister to such a won. In physical things. But jesus didnt say a minister should not recieve. So the point is . The minister trust agod for his need. He minister freely by the word of God. The congregation also recieved and practice Ministering , appreciating or sowing see to the life of the man who has blessed them . That's what the word command.

Galatians 6:6-7
Be Generous and Do Good 6 Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches.7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.

So God is not against a minister receiving . Jesus himself receive money and support from the people.

Luke 8:3
Joanna, Chuza's wife (Chuza was King Herod's business manager and was in charge of his palace and domestic affairs), Susanna, and many others who were contributing from their private means to the support of Jesus and his disciples.

A minister is sustained by his faith. Congregant are blessed by their giving. Every body should do what the word instructs them. If there's any minister that change money for preaching or healing , he will corrupt his anointing .
Re: Should Pastors Be Paid For Performing Miracles by chiteny(m): 6:27am On Sep 15, 2012
engrtee: If a sik go to doctor, he payz. Y shudnt he pay to a pastor

I want to believe you were joking when you made this statement. undecided embarassed
Re: Should Pastors Be Paid For Performing Miracles by Goshen360(m): 4:52pm On Sep 15, 2012
Question: Should Pastors be PAID for performing miracles?

Answer: NO!

Question-for-question: Who does the miracle? God or Man ....... shocked shocked shocked
Re: Should Pastors Be Paid For Performing Miracles by Joagbaje(m): 5:25pm On Sep 15, 2012
Either miracle or teaching . Ministration is ministration every minister should receive support . Its biblical , it's wrong for a minister to demand for money . But those who are blessed by a minister should learn to reciprocate according to their abilities.
Re: Should Pastors Be Paid For Performing Miracles by nedostic: 7:41pm On Sep 15, 2012
NO!
Re: Should Pastors Be Paid For Performing Miracles by engrtee(f): 11:27pm On Sep 18, 2012
Goshen360: Question: Should Pastors be PAID for performing miracles?

Answer: NO!

Question-for-question: Who does the miracle? God or Man ....... shocked shocked shocked

God does al miracles
Re: Should Pastors Be Paid For Performing Miracles by Jenwitemi(m): 3:51pm On Sep 19, 2012
Agreed. All services rendered must be paid for. Nothing goes for nothing. Whoever does not want the miracle service should just stay away.
Joagbaje: Either miracle or teaching . Ministration is ministration every minister should receive support . Its biblical , it's wrong for a minister to demand for money . But those who are blessed by a minister should learn to reciprocate according to their abilities.

(1) (Reply)

Are All The Angels In Heaven Men? / I Impregnanted Her, Now I Hav Christ. Wat Do I Do Wit D Girl Nd Pregnancy / How To Know That The Bible Has Expired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.