Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum (1037 Views)

I Need Help Concerning A Newly Designed Website / Newspaper Website/ Forum Website @ N20k--- Demo Included / Adding Your Website/forum To Nigeria News Paper Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by metodman(m): 11:50am On Sep 13, 2012
Hi guys,

I need help on how to create a website with forum - Something like Nairaland. I am really really new in all these. I just registered for a Domain but seems the software (SiteBuilder) recommended to me does not help with creating a forum. It appears to help with creating a normal website alone.

I stay in South Africa and i just wanna create a forum for a group of people.

Every form of advice will be really appreciated.

thanks and looking forward to your responses
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by Excelboi(m): 12:30pm On Sep 13, 2012
metodman: Hi guys,

I need help on how to create a website with forum - Something like Nairaland. I am really really new in all these. I just registered for a Domain but seems the software (SiteBuilder) recommended to me does not help with creating a forum. It appears to help with creating a normal website alone.

I stay in South Africa and i just wanna create a forum for a group of people.

Every form of advice will be really appreciated.

thanks and looking forward to your responses
You are confusing things here. Do you need a forum or a website with a forum attached to it? Have you bought your hosting plan orr just domain name?
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by metodman(m): 12:35pm On Sep 13, 2012
Thanks Excelboy,

like i said am such a big novice. grin

i want something like Nairaland and yes i have bought a domain name and plan
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by Excelboi(m): 2:02pm On Sep 13, 2012
Ok! Nice everything seems ready... All you need to do is to install SMF! I can do that forr you. If you're ready I will gladly help out.
* I have to remove my mail coss of spammers * ... Drop any of urz
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by metodman(m): 2:14pm On Sep 13, 2012
My mail is
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by OkparaIgbo: 2:31pm On Sep 13, 2012
Excelboi: Ok! Nice everything seems ready... All you need to do is to install SMF! I can do that forr you. If you're ready I will gladly help out.
* I have to remove my mail coss of spammers * ... Drop any of urz

Hello Excelboi..!! Is there a charge for this because I am interested in knowing how to build just a normal website. Thanks
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by Excelboi(m): 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2012
OkparaIgbo:

Hello Excelboi..!! Is there a charge for this because I am interested in knowing how to build just a normal website. Thanks
Nah, I'm doing it completely free for him except he wish own his own to reward me. And to build a normal site, you should have a knowledge of web design. Practice it if you're a newbie orrr get someone to do it for you.
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by Excelboi(m): 3:27pm On Sep 13, 2012
metodman: My mail is- *************
ok, you can remove your mail now!
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by metodman(m): 6:23pm On Sep 13, 2012
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by mrperfect(m): 7:59pm On Sep 13, 2012
If you order webhostin from us, we will help you install a forum, we have done this for many members here. Eg blogs, joomla etc, just order from us that is all, we will help you up and running.
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by Excelboi(m): 9:35pm On Sep 13, 2012
metodman: 99
Marked
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by metodman(m): 8:46am On Sep 15, 2012
Am stilll waiting for my Oga (excelboi). I guess u have been so busy. I don send u email self
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by Excelboi(m): 3:56pm On Sep 15, 2012
metodman: Am stilll waiting for my Oga (excelboi). I guess u have been so busy. I don send u email self
Sir, I'm sorry I didn't reply the mail in time. Your interface is different from the one's I'm familiar with. I'm use to Vista. And cpanel and they have Fantastico and Softculous to make install easier, am afraid you have to seek help from someone else. Sorry
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by miracle4(m): 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2012
Excelboi: Sir, I'm sorry I didn't reply the mail in time. Your interface is different from the one's I'm familiar with. I'm use to Vista. And cpanel and they have Fantastico and Softculous to make install easier, am afraid you have to seek help from someone else. Sorry
can i be of help to you? send me your details and the interface you want via this contact link
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by metodman(m): 8:15pm On Sep 15, 2012
Excelboi,

Thanks a lot bros, I appreciate the fact that you actually offered to help.

I just pray that God will reward you and for the fact that you actually tried to help me even when u have never met me, people u don't know will come around to help you. You will be favoured and the works of your hands shall be blessed. Am not a Pastor o but I know God will answer my prayers cos I did wholeheartedly

Go and multiply sir
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by metodman(m): 8:15pm On Sep 15, 2012
Excelboi,

I just pray that God will reward you and for the fact that you actually tried to help me even when u have never met me, people u don't know will come around to help you. You will be favoured and the works of your hands shall be blessed. Am not a Pastor o but I know God will answer my prayers cos I did wholeheartedly

Go and multiply sir IJN
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by metodman(m): 8:21pm On Sep 15, 2012
Miracle4,

I have just sent you an email through your site

Will be waiting for your response

Thanls alot
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by Excelboi(m): 8:36pm On Sep 15, 2012
metodman: Excelboi,

Go and multiply sir IJN
Amin, sir
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by Excelboi(m): 8:37pm On Sep 15, 2012
miracle4: can i be of help to you? send me your details and the interface you want via this contact link
he will get in touch with you, thanks
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by miracle4(m): 10:54pm On Sep 16, 2012
Excelboi: he will get in touch with you, thanks
yeah he already got in touch with me but guess what ? http://studentsmeet.co.za/install.php
that is the address you visit to get the forum working 'cos I have done all the upload & configuration just to create admin account I discovered his host doesn't support php & mysql database.

So my advice I have several host space I can give to you ranging from 1.2gb diskspace 5gb bandwidth 2. 5gb diskspace 20gb bandwidth 3. unlimited disk space + unlimited bandwidth + unlimited download options (ie. download site is forbidden by most host )more than 20mysql database etc .

So now it depends on your budget if you are a student and just need a completely free host then you may consider reading about this [url=http://obasimvilla.com/forum/webmaster-browsers-server-technology-email-programing-%28c-oracle-etc%29-seo-internetafiliate-marketing-making-money-online/top-5-sites-to-host-ur-smf-vbulletin-phbb-wordpress-org-free-%28without-domain%29/]free hosting companies[/url] which i will not advice for a domain you want to maintain for years. else if you are really broke i may give you that my "number one (1)" in list for free or number three "3" for $40~ .

So give me go ahead on what you want it's very easy all i will have to do is to change your domain "name server" to point to any host of your choice and do the design. give me go ahead asap
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by Ogundale(m): 6:46am On Sep 17, 2012
Great man.
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by Excelboi(m): 7:18am On Sep 17, 2012
miracle4: yeah he already got in touch with me but guess what ? http://studentsmeet.co.za/install.php
that is the address you visit to get the forum working 'cos I have done all the upload & configuration just to create admin account I discovered his host doesn't support php & mysql database.

So my advice I have several host space I can give to you ranging from 1.2gb diskspace 5gb bandwidth 2. 5gb diskspace 20gb bandwidth 3. unlimited disk space + unlimited bandwidth + unlimited download options (ie. download site is forbidden by most host )more than 20mysql database etc .

So now it depends on your budget if you are a student and just need a completely free host then you may consider reading about this [url=http://obasimvilla.com/forum/webmaster-browsers-server-technology-email-programing-%28c-oracle-etc%29-seo-internetafiliate-marketing-making-money-online/top-5-sites-to-host-ur-smf-vbulletin-phbb-wordpress-org-free-%28without-domain%29/]free hosting companies[/url] which i will not advice for a domain you want to maintain for years. else if you are really broke i may give you that my "number one (1)" in list for free or number three "3" for $40~ .

So give me go ahead on what you want it's very easy all i will have to do is to change your domain "name server" to point to any host of your choice and do the design. give me go ahead asap
Thank you bro! The host lack some features! Maybe we ffollow your advise, @metodman, you have to change your host, though you will still retain your domain name. He has given some options both free and paid. I will suggest we go with the free for now and when you start getting traffic, you can upgrade to his paid plan. I recommend he go ahead, but what your input @metodman?
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by metodman(m): 7:42am On Sep 17, 2012
@excelboi,

Yes I agree with everything you said and it makes perfect sense. I have already told him that I will go with the first option with the free but limited specs. I will later transfer to the paid one within a short time.

You guys means a lot...I have only came in contact with excelboi and miracle4 and I can say you guys are great!

I really Appreciate the two of you (excelboi and miracle4)

May God bless you guys and may God preserve your lives for people like me and those that are still coming on the forum.
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by miracle4(m): 8:29am On Sep 18, 2012
$TTL 7200
@ IN SOA ns1.host-h.net. postmaster.your-server.co.za. (
2012091102 ; serial
86400 ; refresh
1800 ; retry
3600000 ; expire
86400 ) ; minimum
@ IN NS ns1.dns-h.com.
@ IN NS ns2.host-h.net.
@ IN NS ns1.host-h.net.
@ IN MX 10 mail
ftp IN CNAME www
imap IN CNAME mail
pop IN CNAME mail
relay IN CNAME mail
smtp IN CNAME mail
@ IN A 41.203.18.158
mail IN A 41.203.18.158
www IN A 41.203.18.158

changed to
$TTL 7200
@ IN SOA ns1.hostgator.com. postmaster.your-server.co.za. (
2012091102 ; serial
86400 ; refresh
1800 ; retry
3600000 ; expire
86400 ) ; minimum
@ IN NS ns1.hostgator.com.
@ IN NS ns2.hostgator.com.
@ IN MX 10 mail
ftp IN CNAME www
imap IN CNAME mail
pop IN CNAME mail
relay IN CNAME mail
smtp IN CNAME mail
@ IN A 41.203.18.158 Ip changed as well
mail IN A 41.203.18.158
www IN A 41.203.18.158

host has this record as being correct but can't connect . let wait for 2hrs more before contacting them again
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by metodman(m): 8:34am On Sep 18, 2012
What could be the problem then?
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by miracle4(m): 8:55am On Sep 18, 2012
metodman: What could be the problem then?
there isn't any problem just wait a while let find out from their support team
Re: I Need Help Concerning A Website Forum by metodman(m): 9:10am On Sep 18, 2012
miracle4: there isn't any problem just wait a while let find out from their support team

Okay my oga I trust you

(1) (Reply)

Help Using Paypal In Nigeria / SEO Professional (freelance) / This Tool Will Tell You The Problems Of Your Blog And Also Provide Solutions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.