Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:28 AM

US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack (11886 Views)

Visa-free Countries For Nigerian Citizens / U.S. Issues Travel Warning To Its Citizens In Nigeria / Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by Fatdon(m): 2:59pm On Sep 13, 2012
The U.S. Mission in Nigeria issues this emergency message to update U.S. citizens on the current threat situation in Nigeria.

The U.S. Mission reminds citizens of the continued threat of terrorist attacks, demonstrations, and other violent actions against U.S. citizens and interests overseas. Violent and deadly demonstrations and attacks occurred in Cairo, Egypt, and Benghazi, Libya, during the past 24 hours, including a lethal attack against the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi. Extremists may attempt to target U.S citizens and other Westerners in Nigeria. The U.S. Mission in Nigeria strongly urges U.S. citizens in Nigeria to consider their personal security and to keep personal safety in the forefront of their planning.

Last week, extremists attacked cellular telephone towers in Northern Nigeria, damaging over 30 towers and degrading cellular telephone and internet communications nationwide. Additional attacks could further weaken the ability of citizens to communicate through cellular telephones and the internet. Land line telephone communications in Nigeria remain limited. U.S. citizens should attempt to arrange for multiple means of communication during emergencies.

This year, extremists have attacked many locations in Nigeria, killing and injuring hundreds of people. They have threatened churches, mosques, media houses, police stations, immigration and customs offices, financial institutions, large hotels, shopping malls and markets, state government offices, communications centers, beer gardens, and nightclubs. Attackers have also burned and destroyed several public and private schools in Borno, and targeted several educational institutions in Kano and churches in Plateau, Bauchi, Kaduna, Niger, and Borno states. Additionally, extremists continue to target westerners for abduction. As such, the situation in the country remains fluid and unpredictable.

All U.S. citizens should use caution and discretion when deciding to attend large functions or visit establishments identified as potential targets, and respond appropriately if they detect suspicious activities. Because of ongoing security concerns within the Federal Capital Territory, U.S. citizens should continue to expect heavy traffic congestion, road blocks, and significant police/security force deployments. All U.S. citizens should remain vigilant, pay attention to their surroundings, limit exposure to large crowds, and keep their cellular telephones in close proximity for use in cases of emergency.

U.S. citizens traveling to or residing in Nigeria are strongly advised to enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). U.S. citizens without Internet access may enroll directly with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. By enrolling, you make it easier for the U.S. Mission in Nigeria to contact you in case of emergency.

U.S. citizens should contact the U.S. Embassy in Abuja or the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos for up-to-date information on any restrictions. The U.S. Embassy in Abuja, located at Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area, is open Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos, located at 2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, is open Monday-Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Friday 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The U.S. Embassy in Abuja can be reached by telephone, including after-hours emergencies, at +234(9) 461-4000, or by email at ConsularAbuja@state.gov. The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos can be reached by telephone, including after-hours emergencies at +234(1) 460-3600 or +234 (1) 460-3400, or by email at LagosACS@state.gov. For more information, please visit The U.S. Mission in Nigeria website at http://nigeria.usembassy.gov

http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/emac_09122012.html

Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by fatdon2(m): 3:42pm On Sep 13, 2012
I don tire 4 niger.

1 Like

Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by Afam4eva(m): 3:44pm On Sep 13, 2012
People have o suffer because of the stupidity of one stupendous movie director.
Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by fittty(m): 3:44pm On Sep 13, 2012
cry
Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by ariy(m): 3:48pm On Sep 13, 2012
you mean BH will want to retaliate?
Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by miteolu(m): 3:48pm On Sep 13, 2012
Is getting tight for GEJ. Naija problems increasing geometrically day in day out.
Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by woky: 3:49pm On Sep 13, 2012
naija get big problem
Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by ujukala: 3:50pm On Sep 13, 2012
There is always security threat during this type of occurrence. Everybody be vigilant.
Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by solomon111(m): 3:52pm On Sep 13, 2012
And why should i care about what the U.S think?

2 Likes

Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 13, 2012
ariy: you mean BH will want to retaliate?
make we dey watch nau! Afterall something like this happened when a cartoon ridiculing Mohammed was produced.

1 Like

Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by slimming: 3:52pm On Sep 13, 2012
This year, extremists have attacked many locations in Nigeria, killing and injuring hundreds of people.

That is the work of BH boys.
Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by woky: 3:53pm On Sep 13, 2012
miteolu: Is getting tight for GEJ. Naija problems increasing geometrically day in day out.
no b small tin o
Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by gramci: 3:56pm On Sep 13, 2012
afam4eva: People have o suffer because of the stupidity of one stupendous movie director.

I don't think so, I rather blame the godless religion.

1 Like

Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by aorta(m): 3:57pm On Sep 13, 2012
God save us
Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by daywatcher: 4:02pm On Sep 13, 2012
do they not issue a warning every month...this is nothing new jor
Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by DonHummer(m): 4:02pm On Sep 13, 2012
They should only warn deir citizens in northern nigeria...afteral dem abokis no fit do notin 4 south
Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by MrLee(m): 4:10pm On Sep 13, 2012
Nigeria na my country o, wetin USA don do niger neva do half. God bless Nigeria.
Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2012
Ignorant and Arrogant America should never be trusted until they succumb to the will of nature.

1 Like

Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by vislabraye(m): 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2012
mosh_musth: My post has been hidden by us consular general

HaHa ha. I'm sure they are monitoring NL.
Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by dasparrow: 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2012
@Post

America is always issuing these warnings. Nothing new there. America is not safe either. Is that not the same country demented white males wake up one morning and gun people down indiscriminately in their movie theatres, schools, universities, Sikh temple etc? The American is quick to see the log of wood in another person's eye but never in their own eye. They should go and sit down please. Bunch of hypocrites!

8 Likes

Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by hurricaneChris: 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2012
Sometimes i wonder if this is actually religious course or due to illetracy and misinterpretation of that book called koran. Please someone should ansa me: are there no muslims in d USA? The last time i checked, california or Michigan had more number of muslims than any state in Nigeria. Why have they not killed each in d USA? Are there no muslims in Saudi arabia again? Also d last time i checked, Saudi was d citadel of Islam. Why havent we heard of the killing in King Abdullah's kingdom. I weep for this kinda illetracy and inhuminity.

#God do not let me and my family members and frnds die in d hands of these blood sucking vampires#

4 Likes

Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by dasparrow: 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2012
Olodostein: Ignorant and Arrogant America should never be trusted until they succumb to the will of nature.

Amen!
Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by Godjone(m): 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2012
Yes o! Is a timely warning becos prevention they said is better than cure

1 Like

Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by henrychubayo: 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2012
Who cares about their warning or not. If their citizens are not benefiting from nigeria, why would they stay up till now taking into account that its not been long the last warning was issued. They should have left.
Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by vislabraye(m): 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2012
Trust America. They're proactive as well as alarmist.
I blame Abraham for all these. If only he had not listened to Sarah the world would have been a peaceful place.
Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 13, 2012
if those boko-boys come my area, I will rather kill myself than commit suicide grin grin
Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by Builder: 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2012
Yeah right. if them americans stop invading, oppressing, enslaving, murdering innocent people and turning this peaceful world into a war zone... then maybe they wont be warning their citizens. That wont stop them from arming the militants in syria and bullying Iran and looking forward to disrupting venezuela.

1 Like

Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by Revolva(m): 4:40pm On Sep 13, 2012
So nigeria don join the league of terrorist nation ....haaa
Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by muktarmtt(m): 4:41pm On Sep 13, 2012
afam4eva: People have o suffer because of the stupidity of one stupendous movie director.
U can say dat again dude he knws d implication of doing so nd he go ahead nd do it jst cos confusion, I tink he jst sing his death warrnt dey wund tired untill dey see him dead.
Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by LeCoq: 4:44pm On Sep 13, 2012
LMFAO...its easy to spot a POST that Nigerians know very little about... very short comments. grin grin
Re: US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack by gbadexy(m): 4:45pm On Sep 13, 2012
Men, God bless americas.
See serious concern and planning for their citizens even outside their shores.
Why won't their citizens be willing to make any sacrifice for their country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is New Zealand Famous For? / How To Send Money To Nigeria Using Monica.ng, A Guide. / Nigerians Living In Melbourne (most Livable City In The World).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.