Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,940 members, 7,806,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed (43928 Views)

Shiite Muslims In Kano Mourn Victims Of Zaria Massacre / NFVCB Bans Film On Nigerian Poverty And Corruption / Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Itohen: 5:19pm On Sep 13, 2012
A group of Muslims in the troubled tin city of Jos, Plateau State, yesterday evening held a demonstration over an America-produced film that purportedly blasphemed Prophet Muhammad.

The protesters, who defied security agents, said they would rather die than to watch their Prophet insulted, and will submit only to the laws of Allah which, to them, are supreme to any other law.

The mostly youth and children protesters, who numbered almost 100 were led by one Malam Mansur Sani Adamu in the demonstration, which took place on Bauchi Road.  They carried placards condemning the United States, Israel, Denmark and Holland, accusing them of plotting against Islam and Muslims.  Before they dispersed, they chanted, “Allahuakubar, Allahuakubar, they have touched our Prophet....”

Malam Adamu said, “We are doing this to express our anger against enemies of Allah and Islam led by America and her allies like Israel, Denmark and Holland because they are plotting against Islam. These days they have also produced another depicting film; this is what is troubling us.

This denigration of Prophet Muhammad is very sad and we are against it. With this it is better that it is death that consumed us for our Prophet to be denigrated. All Muslims in the world should come out and protest and those who cannot should pray.”

According to our source, security agencies urged the protesters to disperse since they had not secured permission, to which leader of the demonstration responded, “If our Prophet is blasphemed we will not wait for any law, Islam supersede any laws of the country.”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/muslims-jos-protest-film-prophet-mohammed

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by oderemo(m): 5:25pm On Sep 13, 2012
We
are doing this to express our anger against enemies of Allah and Islam led by America and her allies like Israel, Denmark and Holland because they are plotting against Islam. These days they have also produced another depicting film; this is what is troubling us.
bet this malam adamu has not bothered to watch this so called blasphamous film but he is ready to call for arm and probably lay down his life.
well, religion they say is the opium of the society.

34 Likes

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 13, 2012
when will this gaddamn country implode? angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 13, 2012
May Allah punish these Abokis for this profound ignorance on display.. grin

21 Likes

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Chanchit: 5:39pm On Sep 13, 2012
Most of them won't even have DvD in their house, talkless of watching the film. Brain washed bascards... Awon ASHIARABA.

40 Likes

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by banki(m): 6:17pm On Sep 13, 2012
i knew some nigerians would catch this bug.... have they seen the movie? funny there are no protests in saudi arabia and in the Emirates, thid are the people that give islam a bad name, tommorow they would kill the american Ambassador to libya over what they have not seen!

4 Likes

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by T9ksy(m): 6:27pm On Sep 13, 2012
Here we go AGAIN. Another opportunity for our northern brothers to slaughter us like "eran ileya" -ramadan goats,

to the milleu tune of "Allahu akbar".

“If our Prophet is blasphemed we will not wait for any law, Islam supersede any laws of the country.”

And so says the owners of ONE NIGERIA.

6 Likes

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Ariyke: 6:29pm On Sep 13, 2012
it is only God that can save the world sad

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by akereconfi: 6:30pm On Sep 13, 2012
Why is there no PROTEST in MECCA...........stupendous Ignoramus.

Why d MUSLIMS wey dey Bori Ogoni no cum out cum protest?.......we go just ABOKInap dem.

Mofos

9 Likes

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by akpunku1: 6:32pm On Sep 13, 2012
ok nah, adamu na only u own Nigeria, i agree.. But let me ask, no lie.. Did any of u watch the movie or 'dem talk say' either way.. Mumu ppl

6 Likes

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by 666999MUYEX: 6:33pm On Sep 13, 2012
EWURE

2 Likes

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Okijajuju1(m): 6:34pm On Sep 13, 2012
Prophet Mohammed (SAW) must be very insecure.. Its like he cant take a joke of any kind.. Meanwhile the number of carricature pictures of Jesus and God are countless.. Lets not even talk about Buddah and Krishna!

And there is no rule in the Quran that expressly bares Mohammed from being made fun of.. angry

EXAMPLES:

[img]http://4.bp..com/-0HdG5FWGF9g/T8xeCVNUgwI/AAAAAAAAnOk/29K2VTKKNh0/s1600/jesus_and_mo_beer_1.jpg[/img]

12 Likes

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Super1759: 6:34pm On Sep 13, 2012
I said it in other tread that naija will start theirs soon and bokoharam will have another reason to execute another act.
Nawa for these people. I thought they said islam a religion of peace?

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 13, 2012
i never knew islam supersedes the law of nigeria.

Peaceful protest is allowed but dnt hurt others

4 Likes

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 13, 2012
Yes let them protest then try killing an american so they can get those drones down north...I would like to see those marines guys take out those bastards
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by executinal(m): 6:35pm On Sep 13, 2012
Why should any reasonable person protest over this?? Allow your prophet to fight his fight. If Muslim like let them produce film on JESUS Christ and do whatever they like in that movie. Christian do not have such time to fight, or protest and kill innocent citizen or foreigners for their GOD rather let their GOD fight whosoever that mess with him.

Religion ......i reserve my comment for now

18 Likes

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by wandeay: 6:36pm On Sep 13, 2012
may bok not use this to cause another wahala oo,
religion of peace indeed!
Religion who legalise killing all in the name of mohameat

4 Likes

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by mmmustapha(m): 6:37pm On Sep 13, 2012
Oh Allah illiteracy is a disease, wen will dis bloody bastards stop insultin islam, I pity u so called xtians

17 Likes

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by matrixme(m): 6:40pm On Sep 13, 2012
I really hate to get into this volatile kind of religious conversation, as I can't but wonder aloud why Allah don't use muslim elites to propagate Jihad. Or I should reframe: Why are the really popular Muslim elites often unwilling to submit themselves to be at the forefront of these kind of Jihad?

4 Likes

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Gorrbachev: 6:40pm On Sep 13, 2012
Winston Churchill on Islam (from his book The River War, 1899):

How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property – either as a child, a wife, or a concubine – must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world.

12 Likes

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Super1759: 6:41pm On Sep 13, 2012
So the muslims in USA never talk and do anything na dis abokis weh deh chop gworo go carry am for head

7 Likes

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Clemzy16(m): 6:42pm On Sep 13, 2012
Seriously! This country has a big problem. What is the problem of these low-class illiterates. They're are beingning to make me feel like all muslim are semi-hooligans. The worst part of it all is it.. Whatever happens thereafter, Nigeria will take the blame by something that was caused by some set of tooth-less bulldogs.

1 Like

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Gorrbachev: 6:44pm On Sep 13, 2012
[size=15pt]Alright all Americans are movie makers and all muslims are terrorist.[/size] we fit hear word now?

6 Likes

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by Kemy11(m): 6:46pm On Sep 13, 2012
Just protest? Idiots just to inform u ppl that we have sharpened our swords in onitsha and Aba in case u kill anybody from south. May be u ve forgotten the 2006 reprisal attack of Denmark cartoon. We re watching IGBO KWENU!!!

26 Likes

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by adedayo07: 6:47pm On Sep 13, 2012
This is purely African mentality. Saudi Arabia, where islam originated are not killing or destroying property. Why is it that we africans that borrowed their religion are becoming more extremist than them. Any way illitracy is a great and deadly disease.

10 Likes

Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by funsho4man(m): 6:49pm On Sep 13, 2012
executinal: Why should any reasonable person protest over this?? Allow your prophet to fight his fight. If Muslim like let them produce film on JESUS Christ and do whatever they like in that movie. Christian do not have such time to fight, or protest and kill innocent citizen or foreigners for their GOD rather let their GOD fight whosoever that mess with him.
Religion ......i reserve my comment for now
I wonder if u a real christen
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by taharqa: 6:50pm On Sep 13, 2012
The film is dispicable and stupid, but Muslims in 9ja shld seriously refuse d urge to protest at all cos of d peculiar security situatn in 9ja, any such 'protest' can easily be taken ova by some crazy extremists to cause mayhem; we do not need any more killings 4rm such 'protest'(which in 9ja is actuali a call for killing spree) and d resulting retaliation. After all none of us hv heard of dat silly Isreali dat chose to be an i.diot; we do not share his foolishness
Re: Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed by hillsate: 6:52pm On Sep 13, 2012
Super1759: I said it in other tread that naija will start theirs soon and bokoharam will have another reason to execute another act.
Nawa for these people. I thought they said islam a religion of peace?

Yes, Islam is a religion of peace. It just depends on what is really attributed to as peace.
One other funny observation is that you will never see the elitist and educated Muslims or their children partaking in all these demonstrations. it is usually the impoverished, uneducated illiterates and the jobless ghetto dwellers who have no understanding of issues.
Just wonder why they do not even see it. God does not need humans to fight His battle for Him. God is almighty. Well, am assuming we are talking about the same God.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Police Kills Hair Stylist In Delta State (Graphic Photos) / How Atiku Was Searched By Presidential Security Agents At Abuja Airport / Northern Bishops Who Met Tinubu, Not Under PFN — Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.