Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

How Possible Is It To Convert Manual Gear Cars To Automatic? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Possible Is It To Convert Manual Gear Cars To Automatic? (2877 Views)

Top 20 Used Cars To Avoid / New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 / Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Possible Is It To Convert Manual Gear Cars To Automatic? by destinedtee(m): 6:10pm On Sep 13, 2012
Is it true and also worthwhile to convert manual gear cars to automatic gear.Are there any implications too?
Re: How Possible Is It To Convert Manual Gear Cars To Automatic? by k2039: 6:18pm On Sep 13, 2012
destinedtee: Is it true and also worthwhile to convert manual gear cars to automatic gear.

Very true

destinedtee: Are there any implications too?

I dont think so
Re: How Possible Is It To Convert Manual Gear Cars To Automatic? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 13, 2012
destinedtee: Is it true and also worthwhile to convert manual gear cars to automatic gear.Are there any implications too?

It's possible, but a pointless exercise. Cost, labour, reliability etc. It makes more sense to sell your manual car, and buy an automatic, or simply retain the manual.

What car do you have, as in what make, model and year? What engine size is it?
Re: How Possible Is It To Convert Manual Gear Cars To Automatic? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 13, 2012
oga siena please i need ur advice on this

i have an offer to buy an 2002 audi A4 but i was told the engine has been replaced with an audi 90 engine cos the A4 engine gives electric problem.

do you think the car is a harzard to the pothential buyer?

Also, whats ur take on the 2002 bmw (i noticed its not common in ph here) , is it a reliable car in terms of perfomance and cost of maintenance not forgeting naija roads
Re: How Possible Is It To Convert Manual Gear Cars To Automatic? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 13, 2012
aguiyi: i have an offer to buy an 2002 audi A4 but i was told the engine has been replaced with an audi 90 engine cos the A4 engine gives electric problem.

What engine was previously in the Audi A4, and which Audi 90 engine was fitted as a replacement?

aguiyi: do you think the car is a harzard to the pothential buyer?

I think the "mechanic" who fitted an Audi 90 engine to a 2002 Audi A4 is a hazard to the Motor Trade, and deserves to be shot continously, until he's dead.

aguiyi: Also, whats ur take on the 2002 bmw (i noticed its not common in ph here) , is it a reliable car in terms of perfomance and cost of maintenance not forgeting naija roads

Which model of BMW are you referring to bro?
Re: How Possible Is It To Convert Manual Gear Cars To Automatic? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 13, 2012
its a 525i
Re: How Possible Is It To Convert Manual Gear Cars To Automatic? by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 14, 2012
destinedtee: Is it true and also worthwhile to convert manual gear cars to automatic gear.Are there any implications too?

It depends on what you're after.

Ultimately it will be cheaper/easier to just get the car in the transmission mode that you prefer.

But if it's a classic that can't be easily replaced then you can convert the transmission. I've done it many times.
Re: How Possible Is It To Convert Manual Gear Cars To Automatic? by akinorija: 2:35am On Sep 14, 2012
just a quick question,can an automatic gear be convert to manual, if yes what is the cost and reliability ?
Re: How Possible Is It To Convert Manual Gear Cars To Automatic? by destinedtee(m): 8:35am On Sep 14, 2012
You guys are just wonderful...Thanks for d answer to my questions.
Re: How Possible Is It To Convert Manual Gear Cars To Automatic? by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 14, 2012
akinorija: just a quick question,can an automatic gear be convert to manual, if yes what is the cost and reliability ?

I doubt you've read ALL the responses so far.

What make and model is your car, what year is it, and what engine does it have?? How can anyone give you an idea of cost if you can't be bothered to give even the most basic of details?

*sighs*
Re: How Possible Is It To Convert Manual Gear Cars To Automatic? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 14, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/1020142/audi-a4-02-model-going

here is the link to the audi i talked about
Re: How Possible Is It To Convert Manual Gear Cars To Automatic? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/1032524/neatly-naija-used-e.o.d-sale

this is to the bmw , i prefer the bmw though but i need ur candid advice on cost of maintenance , rugedity, and availability of parts and mechanic.
Re: How Possible Is It To Convert Manual Gear Cars To Automatic? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 14, 2012
aguiyi: https://www.nairaland.com/1020142/audi-a4-02-model-going

here is the link to the audi i talked about

That Audi A4's a ruin. I wouldn't invest even 200,000 Naira on it, not even if it came with a full tank of gas, and a mechanic on call 24/7. That car's a dud, and just about fit for the crusher.
Re: How Possible Is It To Convert Manual Gear Cars To Automatic? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 14, 2012
hahahaha, bro i didnt know u have this much of humour grin grin cheesy, am yet to see either cos am states away from were they are. thanks a bunch, but what do u say about the bima

(1) (Reply)

Adolf Hitler’s Mercedez-benz Supercar Up For Auction [PHOTOS] / Car Jerks Before Coming To A Halt / Oil Mixing With Water In Reservoir Tank & Radiator In My Honda Babyboy 4cyl.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.