Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! (6549 Views)

Help!!! My Newly Wedded Wife Urinates On Bed Everyday / 'My Husband Does Not Last A Minute On Bed' - Woman Tells Court / View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by jintujinta(m): 9:46am On Jan 10, 2008
Different things have different meanings to different people. I was shocked when i visited a couple and discovered that they are quarelling over who sleeps in the inner side of the bed. Their bed is positioned against a wall and both the husband and wife want to sleep on the open side of the bed. The husband believes that it is his position as the head of the house, the wife says she sweats a lot so she needs to sleep on the outer side of the bed.

Wife has threatened to go to another room if husband does not grant her request. Husband says if she moves to another room in the house, she may as well be getting ready to move out of the house.

Please, does it really matter who sleeps on the outer side of the bed?
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by adekennis(m): 10:18am On Jan 10, 2008
lol grin
funny story cheesy
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by omena555(f): 10:40am On Jan 10, 2008
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy lol
i think this is one of the funniest posts so far this year!
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by jintujinta(m): 12:15pm On Jan 10, 2008
Hmmmmmmmmm, the couple is not finding it funny o.
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by abbey10(m): 1:07pm On Jan 10, 2008
Funny world is it?
Many things happen in marriages you wont believe
how that will snowball into usage of abusive words,curses,slaps,
God help us.
My pastor will say when you are angry,say less.or else it will be a little sense and plenty of rubbish.
E go beta!
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by SweetT1: 2:39pm On Jan 10, 2008
When i get married, my wife must sleep on my chest every night unless she doesn't want to.
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by jintujinta(m): 4:30pm On Jan 10, 2008
Sweet T:

When i get married, my wife must sleep on my chest every night unless she doesn't want to.

God help you if your wife is Orobo! grin
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by nana(f): 4:33pm On Jan 10, 2008
jintujinta:

God help you if your wife is Orobo! grin
lol
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by Gamba(f): 5:39pm On Jan 10, 2008
What a couple angry
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by Zandra1(f): 11:27pm On Jan 10, 2008
Laughing my gorgeous ass off cheesy cheesy cheesy. Pity.
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by ifyalways(f): 6:05pm On Jan 11, 2008
if its really serious, then they should alternate it.
wife takes mon,weds,fri.
hubby takes ,tues,sat,thurs.
on sunday,its either wife on top hubby or hubby on top wife.  tongue

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by adeboo(f): 8:04pm On Jan 11, 2008
wELL, I have always slept on the outside of the bed and i am willing to compromise if i am gonna be compensated accordingly. grin
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 11, 2008
Funny thread grin. I suggest ifyalways suggestion. kiss
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by Boondoggle(m): 1:54am On Jan 12, 2008
jintujinta:

Different things have different meanings to different people. I was shocked when i visited a couple and discovered that they are quarelling over who sleeps in the inner side of the bed. Their bed is positioned against a wall and both the husband and wife want to sleep on the open side of the bed. The husband believes that it is his position as the head of the house, the wife says she sweats a lot so she needs to sleep on the outer side of the bed.

Wife has threatened to go to another room if husband does not grant her request. Husband says if she moves to another room in the house, she may as well be getting ready to move out of the house.

Please, does it really matter who sleeps on the outer side of the bed?

To resolve such issues one has to get to the root cause. According to my quick RCA, the root cause is what I highlighted in RED above. And the simple solution which is definately not the cheapest is for this couple to install a good AIR CONDITIONAL.  grin grin grin
. . . and whoever is responsible for providing this level of comfort for the family should quietly sleep in the dreaded INNER "furnace" of the bed till this is done.  wink

Shalom cool
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by mazaje(m): 7:27pm On Jan 12, 2008
This is a non issue to me,why dont they change the position of the bed so that it is not positioned against the wall. since they both want to spleep at the open end.
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by jintujinta(m): 3:32pm On Jan 14, 2008
adeboo:

wELL, I have always slept on the outside of the bed and i am willing to compromise if i am going to be compensated accordingly. grin

And this your compensation, is it in form of cash or kind? grin
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by stag: 8:06pm On Jan 14, 2008
jintujinta:

And this your compensation, is it in form of cash or kind? grin
grin grin grin grin ROTFLOMFAF
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 14, 2008
This head of the house issue sef.

These people don kolo.
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by akpanbaba: 10:42am On Jan 15, 2008
MYpeople, that woman doesnt want to marry him anymore.she has gotten another man and that explains why she bothers over minor thing like that.she should open up and tell the man.
Are they just married?Where has she been sleeping before?.Why is she sweeating suddenly?why is she opting to sleep in another room?.this is a clear case of stubborness being controlled from outside.Before long another room will be too hot for her and she will move to parlour and from there she will sleep outside her matrimonial home.my bros,na so the thing de start ooooooo.prayer point :ANY POWER CONTROLLING MY WIFE FROM OUTSIDE FALL DOWN AND DIE
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by jintujinta(m): 10:55am On Jan 15, 2008
akpanbaba:

MYpeople, that woman doesnt want to marry him anymore.she has gotten another man and that explains why she bothers over minor thing like that.she should open up and tell the man.
Are they just married?Where has she been sleeping before?.Why is she sweeating suddenly?why is she opting to sleep in another room?.this is a clear case of stubborness being controlled from outside.Before long another room will be too hot for her and she will move to parlour and from there she will sleep outside her matrimonial home.my bros,na so the thing de start ooooooo.prayer point :ANY POWER CONTROLLING MY WIFE FROM OUTSIDE FALL DOWN AND DIE

Hmmmm, no smoke without fire! Thanks for the new dimension to it. May God protect us from deceitful women o.
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by Carlosein(m): 5:54pm On Jan 15, 2008
this issue should not be taken lightly cos the two "are now one".

hence if the woman wants to be on the outside cos she sweats, the mango headed should help ease her discomfort by either providing a source of coolness or stop claiming man of the house without a corresponding action to show it!

in short if my wife sweats-i sweat.
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 16, 2008
Boondoggle:

To resolve such issues one has to get to the root cause. According to my quick RCA, the root cause is what I highlighted in RED above. And the simple solution which is definately not the cheapest is for this couple to install a good AIR CONDITIONAL. grin grin grin
. . . and whoever is responsible for providing this level of comfort for the family should quietly sleep in the dreaded INNER "furnace" of the bed till this is done. wink

Shalom cool

Nice Suggestion but am sure you have heard of PHCN before.
Its not uninterrupted power supply around here o!!!!!!!!!!
I also believe people should be able to adjust no matter the situation they find themselves, what if they cant afford AC.
Anyways this is a funny thread and i cant stop laughing.
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by lafile(m): 2:29pm On Jan 16, 2008
Its not a new thing o. I'm sure it has happened in many homes.
When we first got married, we had a bed with space at each end. My wife wanted the side close to the door. Me i disagreed saying since it was the vantage point for security (whatever that meant) i should have it. after her lobby, i sha agreed. One year ago, we got a bigger bed with her side now by the wall withy no space. Now she wants my side. Me I say "lai lai! you wanted that side now u have it". But i know if she puts small pressure sha she will get my side.

Its just psychological. Doesnt really matter what side you sleep on. Whatever it costs, keep peace in the home.
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by Bblak(f): 2:56pm On Jan 16, 2008
This is so funny.OMG grin grin grin.This na real kolo case o
@poster
what's up.
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by chychy(f): 5:05pm On Jan 16, 2008
I think it's a maturity issue, but if wife sweats a lot, husband should be able to sacrifice the spot 4 her or better still, as someone earlier mentioned, get a good air conditioning system.

But what happens when PHCN strikes? It's still d same old story.

Love is about displeasing urself to pls d other in some cases. Maybe d wife shd have accepted her fate n not bothered with sleepin close 2 d wall in d 1st place n maybe her "sensitive" husband would have noticed that she should be on the other side so that the fan can get to her.

The wife cld have put on an attitude of "i'm not sleeping under the fan, not because i don't want to, but because i love u and want to please u". The husband cld have also done it too but like i said, it's a thing of maturity.
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by jintujinta(m): 5:07pm On Jan 16, 2008
Bblak:

This is so funny.OMG grin grin grin.This na real kolo case o
@poster
what's up.

Bblak, i dey.

This is not a laughing matter o. Am glad someone who has experienced such has spoken. I heard that even something as trivial as a toothpaste tube causes problems in some marriages. One prefers that you press the tube from the base, the other doesnt give a hoot and just presses it anyhow,as long as the paste comes out. And that may be the beginning of nagging.
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by Boondoggle(m): 11:49pm On Jan 17, 2008
aysometin:

Nice Suggestion but am sure you have heard of PHCN before.
Its not uninterrupted power supply around here o!!!!!!!!!!
I also believe people should be able to adjust no matter the situation they find themselves, what if they can't afford AC.
Anyways this is a funny thread and i can't stop laughing.

Yes o! my sister, I have already added the cost of a good generator - not " I better pass my neighbour" o!!! And also the cost of black market fuel, etc. All these added up to make my suggestion "not the cheapest"

If they can't afford AC then a nice "silly" fan should do or better still, at zero cost, they should move their bed to the middle of the room thereby creating additional open end. Chikena!

Shalom cool
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 18, 2008
@ Boondooggle,
I am really glad for youer wife to be because obviously you will be able to handle so many family issues.
You have answers to all the problems.
Nice one
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by Lolabbey: 2:30pm On Jan 24, 2008
CANT help laffing
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by Souljagirl(f): 3:19am On Jan 25, 2008
hmm this no be laughing matter.  sad i went through this phase with my ex, and i tell you, i wasn't laughing about it. i tend to sweat a lot when i sleep on the side close to the wall, and he wouldn't give up the open side. we fought everyday over it, as trivial as it may look. but i think in a partnership, compromise is always a good way to agree on things. this is not a matter of i'm a man, you're a woman. no. best advice, position the bed so both of you can sleep comfortably, so both ends are open, which is good for ventilation and easy breathing too, and if you absolutely can't depending on the size of your bed, room etc, then rotate. shikena! why do you people get divorced over "little" things?  cool
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by Obirin0521: 11:26pm On Jan 27, 2008
Reading this post grieved my heart.  If only youth knew and old age could,

Dear Poster:  I beseech you in the best interest of your friends that you encourage them to seek counseling.  It would appear that they are a couple who have not yet developed effective communication tools or have since abandoned such tools due to personal resentment of the partner.

If they are newlyweds they are in the 'storming' stage of developing their union and thus should seek counsel on learning to 'fight the good fight', not just an 'I won' empty victory.   

Should they be a couple married greater than 5 years, then counseling is required to get past the 'contempt' stage so as to identify the underlying relational issues that are being exhibited by a power tussle over who gets 'Canaan'.  I wish you and them the best.
Re: Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! by tundebuki: 12:46pm On Jan 28, 2008
well i will make another bed for myself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9 Types Of Wicked Husband / My Mum Made A List Of Places Not To Marry From. / Is This Not Infidelity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.