Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,206 members, 7,807,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field (12068 Views)

Peter Obi's Anambra-Central Senatorial Campaign Poster (picture) / Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari / Anambra, Kogi Reps Clash Over Disputed Oil Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by daywatcher: 11:01am On Sep 14, 2012
Mr. Globe:

haaaaaaaaaaa? why are people this bent on being stu/pid

why? don't you think a map that clearly marks out the oil field is will enable people decide which state it is in?
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by OneNaira6: 11:02am On Sep 14, 2012
Kenistry:
if Orient leave d well dey hv developed in kogi state, will Kogi pay for the cost?
I guess we all know d ans to dat. Dialogue and compromise is d only way out of dis, bt let me say dis, if Kogi is not careful dey way dey go abt dis, dey wil b in greater loss

Leaving does not necessary mean leaving everything including your hard earned money. Orient company should just sell the oil block back to Kogi state governor or another oil company. If that cannot happen, the next step is to follow mend footstep and destroy every single effort they put on the oil block meaning send it back to the way it was before they started drilling....a whole loss of money for their earlier effort but at least they would not feel cheated.
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by wirewire(m): 11:05am On Sep 14, 2012
One_Naira:

Did you just call Nairaland precious?
Are you for real or are you joking?
grin[quote author=One_Naira]
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by Navalsadiq(m): 11:26am On Sep 14, 2012
Metalgoong: Obi says Anambra owns disputed oil field.GEORGE OBI SINCE WHEN DID YOU BECOME A GEORGE TO DECIDE WHO OWNS THE OIL WELLS IN IBAJI.DONT WORRY YOU WILL FACE THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR GREED.I NOW SEE REASONS WHY EVEN THE SOCALLED IGBOS SEETHEIR OWN BROTHERS AS PEOPLE CONSUMED BY GREED AND THE LURV FOR QUICK WEALTH.KOGI CONNECTS THE WHOLE COUNTRY TOGETHER PLUS WE HAV GOT WHAT IT TAKES TO TRANSFORM THE WHOLE COUNTRY SO AM ADVISING THE ENTIRE ANMANARIANS TO STAY AWAY FROM OUR OIL WELLS OR ELSE.YOU KNOW THE REST NA.

The Anambra State Governor, Peter Obi on Thursday dismissed claims made by some groups and states over the ownership of the oil well discovered in the inland basin of Aguleri-Otu, Anambra East local government area.

President Goodluck Jonathan and the Anambra State governor, Peter Obi during the president's working visit to the state

Addressing the state in a special broadcast at the governor’s lodge, Awka, the governor said the financial commitments of the state in the oil project running in billions which other states and groups laying claims have not done.

Mr Obi said: “on August 30th 2012, the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan – GCFR was in Anambra State on a one day working visit to commission the Orient Petroleum facilities among other projects.

“Since then some groups and states have been trying to lay claims to the ownership of the oil fields located in Anambra State.

“It is pertinent to recall that Orient Petroleum Resources Plc was formed during the government of Dr Chinwoke Mbadinuju in 2001 and allocated oil fields domiciled in Anambra State.

“Though Dr Mbadinuju did not make any direct monetary contribution. Under Dr Chris Ngige, in 2002/2006, Anambra State government invested the sum of N100 million in the project. Under our government between 2006 and 2009, with the vision and the belief in the positive impact of the project on the economy of the state and the country, we invested directly and indirectly the sum of N4.4billion.

“This investment blustered the confidence of other investors to invest in the venture that made its commissioning a reality,” the governor said.

Mr Obi however, maintained that Anambra state will remain a good neighbour and will continue to pray for oil to be discovered in other states of the country in other that Nigeria will emerge an economic giant in the comity of nations in the world.

Moments after President Goodluck Jonathan opened the refinery built by Orient Petroleum and declared Anambra an oil producing state, the Kogi State, Idris Wada said “Kogi will be a major stake holder in the refinery, considering the fact the oil wells that will service the refinery are in Odeke Community in Ibaji Local Government Area of the state.”

Mr Wada made this claim a day after a community group issued a public notice saying that the oil deposits claimed by Anambra State are within the Odeke community of Kogi State.

The Kogi State governor said he “is doing everything humanly possible to resolve the issues surrounding the location of the oil wells with the contending states and that he is confident that “Kogi State will soon join the league of oil producing states in the country.”

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/09/13/obi-says-anambra-owns-disputed-oil-field/
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by Navalsadiq(m): 11:27am On Sep 14, 2012
Metalgoong: Obi says Anambra owns disputed oil field.GEORGE OBI SINCE WHEN DID YOU BECOME A GEORGE TO DECIDE WHO OWNS THE OIL WELLS IN IBAJI.DONT WORRY YOU WILL FACE THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR GREED.I NOW SEE REASONS WHY EVEN THE SOCALLED IGBOS SEETHEIR OWN BROTHERS AS PEOPLE CONSUMED BY GREED AND THE LURV FOR QUICK WEALTH.KOGI CONNECTS THE WHOLE COUNTRY TOGETHER PLUS WE HAV GOT WHAT IT TAKES TO TRANSFORM THE WHOLE COUNTRY SO AM ADVISING THE ENTIRE ANMANARIANS TO STAY AWAY FROM OUR OIL WELLS BEFORE IT BECOMES TOO LATE.YOU KNOW THE REST NA.

The Anambra State Governor, Peter Obi on Thursday dismissed claims made by some groups and states over the ownership of the oil well discovered in the inland basin of Aguleri-Otu, Anambra East local government area.

President Goodluck Jonathan and the Anambra State governor, Peter Obi during the president's working visit to the state

Addressing the state in a special broadcast at the governor’s lodge, Awka, the governor said the financial commitments of the state in the oil project running in billions which other states and groups laying claims have not done.

Mr Obi said: “on August 30th 2012, the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan – GCFR was in Anambra State on a one day working visit to commission the Orient Petroleum facilities among other projects.

“Since then some groups and states have been trying to lay claims to the ownership of the oil fields located in Anambra State.

“It is pertinent to recall that Orient Petroleum Resources Plc was formed during the government of Dr Chinwoke Mbadinuju in 2001 and allocated oil fields domiciled in Anambra State.

“Though Dr Mbadinuju did not make any direct monetary contribution. Under Dr Chris Ngige, in 2002/2006, Anambra State government invested the sum of N100 million in the project. Under our government between 2006 and 2009, with the vision and the belief in the positive impact of the project on the economy of the state and the country, we invested directly and indirectly the sum of N4.4billion.

“This investment blustered the confidence of other investors to invest in the venture that made its commissioning a reality,” the governor said.

Mr Obi however, maintained that Anambra state will remain a good neighbour and will continue to pray for oil to be discovered in other states of the country in other that Nigeria will emerge an economic giant in the comity of nations in the world.

Moments after President Goodluck Jonathan opened the refinery built by Orient Petroleum and declared Anambra an oil producing state, the Kogi State, Idris Wada said “Kogi will be a major stake holder in the refinery, considering the fact the oil wells that will service the refinery are in Odeke Community in Ibaji Local Government Area of the state.”

Mr Wada made this claim a day after a community group issued a public notice saying that the oil deposits claimed by Anambra State are within the Odeke community of Kogi State.

The Kogi State governor said he “is doing everything humanly possible to resolve the issues surrounding the location of the oil wells with the contending states and that he is confident that “Kogi State will soon join the league of oil producing states in the country.”

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/09/13/obi-says-anambra-owns-disputed-oil-field/
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:34am On Sep 14, 2012
Kenistry:
if Orient leave d well dey hv developed in kogi state, will Kogi pay for the cost?
I guess we all know d ans to dat. Dialogue and compromise is d only way out of dis, bt let me say dis, if Kogi is not careful dey way dey go abt dis, dey wil b in greater loss

I was gonna ask the same question about the developed well in I kogi; But why didn't they say anything before now ? Something in me tells me they are hiding something. That single well is not enough for them to carry out drilling and make kogi an oil producing state,while most blocks are located in Omanbala. So,this is what I think: ;This dummies think by orient drilling in Omanbala and one well from their side happened to be explored,the feds will automatically declare kogi an oil producing state,alongside Omanbala. I think I captured the picture,right here. If not,why would they erupt in anger GEJ declared Omanbala an oil producing state and claimed they are also a producing state(with one well) grin
These were their dumb calculations; To ride on our surfering back to become an oil producing state,with a single well and still get the same amount of allocation....chaii,kogi peeepuluuu. Una get sense shaa!

1 Like

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by ujukala: 11:35am On Sep 14, 2012
Orient Petroleum Plc is going on with its recruitment. September 30 is deadline.
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by vanbonattel: 11:37am On Sep 14, 2012
Acidosis:
oh yes, your village developed with ageing witches and wizards feeding on the worms..
tell us ur village, and I'll show u a land of bigots and perverts.

Even Kogi people are claiming to compete with Anambra? Na wao!
My honest opinion, Anambra is not in your league abeg.

1 Like

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by vanbonattel: 11:41am On Sep 14, 2012
One_Naira:

Leaving does not necessary mean leaving everything including your hard earned money. Orient company should just sell the oil block back to Kogi state governor or another oil company. If that cannot happen, the next step is to follow mend footstep and destroy every single effort they put on the oil block meaning send it back to the way it was before they started drilling....a whole loss of money for their earlier effort but at least they would not feel cheated.

Beer palour yarns grin Iya basira, give this guy a bottle of Star for his aimless drivel.
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by vanbonattel: 11:42am On Sep 14, 2012
ujukala: Orient Petroleum Plc is going on with its recruitment. September 30 is deadline.

Agbal aka azo ani grin
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by vanbonattel: 11:45am On Sep 14, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

I was gonna ask the same question about the developed well in I kogi; But why didn't they say anything before now ? Something in me tells me they are hiding something. That single well is not enough for them to carry out drilling and make kogi an oil producing state,while most blocks are located in Omanbala. So,this is what I think: ;This dummies think by orient drilling in Omanbala and one well from their side happened to be explored,the feds will automatically declare kogi an oil producing state,alongside Omanbala. I think I captured the picture,right here. If not,why would they erupt in anger GEJ declared Omanbala an oil producing state and claimed they are also a producing state(with one well) grin
These were their dumb calculations; To ride on our surfering back to become an oil producing state,with a single well and still get the same amount of allocation....chaii,kogi peeepuluuu. Una get sense shaa!

Mischievious Scheemings
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by Classicalman(m): 11:52am On Sep 14, 2012
omaigala: Lol. Remember, we have Ajaokuta steel company, Obajana cement company, an entrè port under construction @ Idah, coal @ Okaba, Gas deposit @ Itobe, Limestone @ Agwale etc. Good evening.
Emmmm.... Did someone mention Ajaokuta steel complex? Last time i passed through there it looked like an abandoned graveyard grin
omaigala: Lol. Remember, we have Ajaokuta steel company, Obajana cement company, an entrè port under construction @ Idah, coal @ Okaba, Gas deposit @ Itobe, Limestone @ Agwale etc. Good evening.
Emmmm.... Did someone mention Ajaokuta steel complex? Last time i passed through there it looked like an abandoned graveyard
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by vanbonattel: 12:13pm On Sep 14, 2012
The only thing working well in Kogi is the Niger river confluence in Lokoja. Every other thing is a total mess.
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by Diligence: 12:24pm On Sep 14, 2012
From a source recently, i learnt that this oil/gas is about 88% in Anambra, 8% in Enugu and abt 4% in Kogi. Please get it straight: virtually every state in Nigeria has some oil/gas but not all wld become oil producing becos their deposits are not commercial enough!

1 Like

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by crackhouse(m): 12:25pm On Sep 14, 2012
These Kogi people are like flies humming & trying to perch on a Big man's food. Why can't they allow the Big man to eat the food he worked for in peace?. Kogi state have enough lazy men and that's why their leaders are now taking the advantage of their joblessness to brainwash them. I am sure 90% of them don't even know where the oil is. Who knows, maybe they have been promised that they will be employed in the oil company if they succeed. Hehehe, that's what u see in a state made up of coconut head youths.
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by ZeusI: 12:25pm On Sep 14, 2012
....you have all these and are still living in penury, kogites, sorry!
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by SamMilla1(m): 12:26pm On Sep 14, 2012
What happened to what the Chairman of Orient petroleum said, about finding some oil blocks in Kogi, Enugu, delta and Edo?
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by Chudiking(m): 12:31pm On Sep 14, 2012
Kogi people ur own turn will come, be calmed.,
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by elujah1(m): 12:36pm On Sep 14, 2012
Metalgoong: Kogi people be warned!!
What will you do undecided
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by kettykin: 12:36pm On Sep 14, 2012

What was Kogi state doing all this while when the actual work and risk were been undertaken to prospect for oil in those oil wells. This same spirit of greed and abandoned property troubling Middle belters is really nauseating.After about 11 years since that time Kogi indigenes have now woken up from their slumber of ignorance and want to reap where they have not sown. it is only in Nigeria and in the north will such nonsense happen, lazy people.i now know the problem of Northen Nigeria is not oil but laziness driven by ignorance.

The company was incorporated in 2001 and then it applied for the refinery licences in 2002 when the federal government threw open the refining business to independent companies. You know it used to be a monopoly before 2002. The refining business was a monopoly of NNPC just like NEPA before they threw it open to private generators. So in the same way, Obasanjo's government in 2002 threw it open to independent refining companies and Orient was one of 65 companies that applied at that time and ours was the first one to be approved and we had the licence to establish. It was given to us in May 2002 to establish a refinery and since then we've been working to establish a refinery.

Orient Refinery for the Upteenth time should divest from any of the few oil wells in Kogi state and reinvest elsewhere inside the Eastern states of Enugu , Abia , Anambra , Imo and Ebonyi a stitch in time will save 9 lives , 9 properties , 9 investments , 9 years .
The Major Enemies of igbos are not even in Nigeria but in Europe (Birtain and Russia)and North Africa (Egypt and Arabs)

Kogi state has been sleeping for about 11 years and have woken up from their slumber to be a stake holder in a refinery that has been a product or risk and hardwork
The Orient Refinery should forthwith divest from Ibaji and Odeke and strictly invest in Igbo land
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by crackhouse(m): 12:36pm On Sep 14, 2012
Chudiking: Kogi people ur own turn will come, be calmed.,
my dear don't mind them. As far as i know, there is no oil in Kogi, Kogi is full of Rock deposits.
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by omayyi: 12:37pm On Sep 14, 2012
Zeus I: ....you have all these and are still living in penury, kogites, sorry!
and you igbos leave in comfort, luxury and wealth, abi? Just like the type I saw in that sh1t hole called Aba.

1 Like

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by vanbonattel: 12:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
omayyi :
and you igbos leave in comfort, luxury and wealth, abi? Just like the type I saw in that sh1t hole called Aba.

Thank God for the stoppage of slave trade, the money from Aba only can buy up the whole masses in Kogi state.

2 Likes

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by omayyi: 12:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
Diligence: From a source recently, i learnt that this oil/gas is about 88% in Anambra, 8% in Enugu and abt 4% in Kogi. Please get it straight: virtually every state in Nigeria has some oil/gas but not all wld become oil producing becos their deposits are not commercial enough!
funny cos my "source" also told me that 90% of the oil belongs to Kogi, 7% belongs to Anambra, while the remaining 3% belongs to both Enugu and Edo. My "source" lives down the street.

1 Like

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by vanbonattel: 12:44pm On Sep 14, 2012
elujah1:
What will you do undecided

Use oyel money to buy weapons and chase you guys up north till you settle at the north eastern border of Bornu state.
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by vanbonattel: 12:47pm On Sep 14, 2012
omayyi :
funny cos my "source" also told me that 90% of the oil belongs to Kogi, 7% belongs to Anambra, while the remaining 3% belongs to both Enugu and Edo. My "source" lives down the street.

Also funny that my source told me that your governor was unaware that Abaji was a part of Kogi state. The people of Kogi discovered where Abaji is on the day the president came to commission the oil.

3 Likes

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by omayyi: 12:51pm On Sep 14, 2012
van bonattel:

Thank God for the stoppage of slave trade, the money from Aba only can buy up the whole masses in Kogi state.
wtf! Are u trying to tell me that some huge sums of money are being stashed up somewhere in Aba yet the town still remains a giant sh1t hole? What curse is greater than that, eh?

1 Like

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by vascey(m): 12:54pm On Sep 14, 2012
I think a lot of people are missing the point.

My understanding of this issue is summarized as follows:

1. Oil in Nigeria is exclusively owned federal government.

2. The FGN granted Oil Prospecting Licenses to Orient Oil Plc. Of the available 916 licences in the Anambra basin, they were granted 915. The Anambra basin is not located in Anambra alone but also in Enugu and Kogi as well.

3. When they drill wells and produce oil, the revenue will go exclusively to the federal government in line with the revenue sharing formula stipulated by the law for oil discovered on the inland basin.

4. It does not matter where Orient drills their oil as long as they pay the statutory taxes and royalty to the Federal Government.

5. If you want dividend of the said oil revenue, 2 things you can do-

a. Invest in Orient Plc and be paid dividend as a shareholder.
b. Ensure that the government recognizes your state as an oil producing state so that you can get your share of the revenue.

How do you ensure you are an oil producing state?

Ensure that oil wells prospected in your state can produce in commercial quantities large enough for the government to recognize your state as an oil producing state. Then you will begin to eat from the cake of the oil producing states.

6. I am from Anambra and I have mixed feelings about oil discovery in my state. Politics in Anambra has always been a do or die affair.I wonder and fear at the level to which that their political gangstarism will escalate now that oil is in the mix.

It is only in Africa that natural resources are a means to oppression and not a blessing. This is only day one and the swords have been drawn.

May God help us.
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by vanbonattel: 1:05pm On Sep 14, 2012
omayyi :
wtf! Are u trying to tell me that some huge sums of money are being stashed up somewhere in Aba yet the town still remains a giant sh1t hole? What curse is greater than that, eh?

Check the daily deposits in the banks in the market to wise up. The fact that the governor is behaving like he is a native of Abaji is not the fault of the rich traders.

1 Like

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by Nightshift(m): 1:07pm On Sep 14, 2012
In Nigeria its often been like more oil, more trouble . Anambra state should work on how money ( mainly taxes ) earned from the crude oil will be used to build sustainable infrastructure , improve education , health and other necessary social projects . Otherwise , the state will end up seeing revenues from oil hijacked by few elites . With oil money and annual budgets of over $7 billion combined , Rivers, Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom states are yet to show any difference in the way Nigeria manages or invests its oil money . Anambra should show us that crude oil discovery is not a curse in Nigeria . Obi's duty is historically cut out for him. Abia has failed to show a difference ; will Anambra be different ? Time shall tell ....
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by ZeusI: 1:09pm On Sep 14, 2012
Acidosis: The last time I checked the Market, the cheapest thing was TALK.. It is cheaper than a cube of sugar..

I wasn't expecting any different afterall He is from Anambra st.

Our people don't talk too much, we don't make unecessary noise.
Why would they even talk? The last few minutes that i checked, they(your people) had no mouth, and worst of all they are nearing the point of oblivion. Diminishing- envious - nigh-extinct species of Apes. Mtcheeew
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by Flameboy26(m): 1:09pm On Sep 14, 2012
Kogi pple, una de madt o. I reside here in kogi{anyigba} precisely. Very stupid fuckin disgustin rodents. Anambras lets slaughter dem joor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Vows To Stop Boko-Haram At All Cost / BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread / President Buhari's Federal Excuses Council - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.