Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Nigerian Robbed In UK Hotel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Robbed In UK Hotel (1314 Views)

Diezani Alison-madueke Appears In UK Court - BBC Correspondent / Asari Dokubo Robbed In Abuja / 2 Shot Dead, Another Robbed In HONG L.G.E.A, Adamawa State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Robbed In UK Hotel by Dhelake: 7:21am On Sep 14, 2012
A Nigerian has lost all his valuables at Hilton Newport Hotel room, South Wales,ionigeria.com reported on Wednesday. The victim, Tony Okwoju, said he returned to the hotel in the evening to find that his room had been allegedly breached and bolted from the inside. A member of the hotel staff had to cut the bolt before he could gain access into the room. “I lost all my valuables including my international passport, cheque book, laptop, ipad, books, manuals and cash,” Okwoju told ionigeria.com. He said beyond reporting to the police, the hotel did not do anything to help him in any way to get travel document to return to Nigeria. Okwoju said several e-mails by him and other friends that were in the group that stayed at the hotel to senior management of Hilton worldwide had been completely ignored. While also condemning the attitude
of the hotel management, Neil Egbor,
who also lodged at the hotel, said,
“If this had happened to a Briton in a
Nigerian hotel, the western media
would have been awash with the story, telling everybody how risky it
is to visit Nigeria.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/africa/nigerian-robbed-in-uk-hotel/
Re: Nigerian Robbed In UK Hotel by Dhelake: 8:41am On Sep 14, 2012
Dhelake: Neil Egbor,
who also lodged at the hotel, said,
“If this had happened to a Briton in a
Nigerian hotel, the western media
would have been awash with the story, telling everybody how risky it
is to visit Nigeria.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/africa/nigerian-robbed-in-uk-hotel/
Re: Nigerian Robbed In UK Hotel by Callotti: 9:54am On Sep 14, 2012
This made news? grin
This must be a Hilton in East London for sure. cheesy
If investigations are carried out, it would not be surprising to find out A NIGERIAN CUT THE DAMN BOLT! grin
Or one of the ashawo COUGARS without paws they carried in there for 'short-time' affairs!
Sheeeeesh!

Abeg comot make I read am for beta news! angry
Re: Nigerian Robbed In UK Hotel by bilms(m): 10:37am On Sep 14, 2012
you cant reason a bit for typing this shit above my post
Re: Nigerian Robbed In UK Hotel by NorthSharp(m): 12:19pm On Sep 14, 2012
The gross insensitivity shown by the hotel management clearly smacks of racism and prejudice against a guest that has been a victim of crime.

If the victim were a white European, American or a Japanese or South Korean, the same hotel management would have surely treated his plight with much more sympathy and assisted him adequately.

I think Mr Okwoju and his friends should get in touch with as many Nigerian journalists and other professionals in the UK and the continental Europe as they can, and seek their assistance in giving this shameful attitude of the hotel management as much publicity as possible in the British media and blog-sphere.

The hotel management must be made to pay for this betrayal and abandoning of a guest of theirs when he obviously needed their assistance most. Bleeping racists!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Robbed In UK Hotel by Dhelake: 12:51pm On Sep 14, 2012
NorthSharp: The gross insensitivity shown by the hotel management clearly smacks of racism and prejudice against a guest that has been a victim of crime.

If the victim were a white European, American or a Japanese or South Korean, the same hotel management would have surely treated his plight with much more sympathy and assisted him adequately.

I think Mr Okwoju and his friends should get in touch with as many Nigerian journalists and other professionals in the UK and the continental Europe as they can, and seek their assistance in giving this shameful attitude of the hotel management as much publicity as possible in the British media and blog-sphere.

The hotel management must be made to pay for this betrayal and abandoning of a guest of theirs when he obviously needed their assistance most. Bleeping racists!

you were xo spot on .... This is gross insensitivity
Re: Nigerian Robbed In UK Hotel by NorthSharp(m): 5:01pm On Sep 14, 2012
Dhelake: you were xo spot on .... This is gross insensitivity

Yes, insensitivity most probably motivated by racial prejudice.

As a poster pointed out, imagine if it were the other way round, i.e. if it were a white Briton that was robbed while lodging in a Nigerian hotel, and the hotel management were to treat his unfortunate plight with such shocking and callous indifference!
Re: Nigerian Robbed In UK Hotel by Dhelake: 10:35pm On Sep 14, 2012
NorthSharp:

Yes, insensitivity most probably motivated by racial prejudice.

As a poster pointed out, imagine if it were the other way round, i.e. if it were a white Briton that was robbed while lodging in a Nigerian hotel, and the hotel management were to treat his unfortunate plight with such shocking and callous indifference!
yeah ... Xo xo pathetic .., i hope the men getz his travelling documents back

(1) (Reply)

WYESUREP, Public Misconception Or Politicians Deceits. / Inside Sabmiller- Onitsha / Pdp's Achievements In 14 Years Of Rule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.