Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,760 members, 7,806,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria (9552 Views)

Innoson Motors Spotted At The National Assembly Complex (See Photos) / Innoson Cars May Be Used As Official Cars For National Assembly / Ford Motor Considers Opening Plant In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by mamikky: 11:20am On Sep 14, 2012
Nissan Motors has said it is poised to open an assembly plant in Nigeria as a result of its satisfaction of the quality of infrastructure and sales opportunity in the country.

Regis Tromeur, the Managing Director of Alliance Autos Nigeria Ltd, disclosed this during a visit to Lister Motors in Ibadan yesterday.

He said, “We are impressed with what we have seen here today in terms of infrastructure to carry out sales and after sale services.

“We are working hard to capture the commercial opportunities in auto market in the country. As we all know, automobile business is about selling and maintenance of cars. As we deliver quality products to our clients, we are also going to offer quality after sale services.

“Having a plant in Nigeria is part of the possibilities that we are looking at. In each of the 36 states, we want to differentiate ourselves by occupying the number one position.”

He also disclosed that there were plans to reopen Nissan auto dealership in Ibadan in conjunction with Lister motors.

Speaking on the developments, the Chairman of Lister Motors, Alhaji Arisekola-Alao said, ““We are going to ensure that Nissan attains its pride of place again in the Nigerian auto market. We decided to stop importation of cars and went into flour milling business about 30 years ago due to changing government policies and bad economy. But, we shall now focus on importation of Nissan vehicles.

“I must say that we are overdue for a Nissan assembly plant in Nigeria. We once proposed the setting up of a plant in Ilorin, but that plan did not materialise.”

http://businessnews.com.ng/2012/09/14/nissan-to-open-assembly-plant-in-nigeria/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NigeriaBusinessNews+%28Nigeria+Business+News%29
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Neversaydie: 11:30am On Sep 14, 2012
Welcome development........hope it is sustained
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Ogbodavies(m): 12:36pm On Sep 14, 2012
i also hope so
Neversaydie: Welcome development........hope it is sustained
i also hope so
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Dhelake: 12:53pm On Sep 14, 2012
welcome development ... Some jobs would be created
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by amosy007: 12:55pm On Sep 14, 2012
That means they are ready to give toyota and honda a big chase

atleast nissan products aint bad aswell.. Buh if only they can build a plant that will be as big innoson plant .. It will be a welcome development and create more jobs
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by dedeike: 12:55pm On Sep 14, 2012
The fresh air keeps attracting investors. SIEMENS, GENERAL ELECTRIC, VULCAN ENERGY RESOURCES, etc.
No wonder the chairman of MAN remarked that 250 factories have come to be established in the last one year.
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by nairawall: 12:55pm On Sep 14, 2012
Too many foreign companies with sensational talks with any results.

I am yet to see any of these talks materializing!
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by tellwisdom: 12:59pm On Sep 14, 2012
Dhelake: welcome development ... Some jobs would be created

Which job??..keep dreaming
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by grandstar(m): 12:59pm On Sep 14, 2012
It does not make economic sense.

For a car plant to be successful, it needs to invest about a $1bn and produce about 200,000 cars.

We are talking here about economies of scale.

If Nissan does set up an assembly palnt, they'd start championing for higher tariffs on imported cars and having us purchase old model Nissans.

Note that Nissan will be producing newer models whenever they come out. This was what Peugeot did for years. It's a win/lose situation for Nissan/Nigeria.
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by rimax: 1:00pm On Sep 14, 2012
mamikky: Nissan Motors has said it is poised to open an assembly plant in Nigeria as a result of its satisfaction of the quality of infrastructure and sales opportunity in the country.

Regis Tromeur, the Managing Director of Alliance Autos Nigeria Ltd, disclosed this during a visit to Lister Motors in Ibadan yesterday.

He said, “We are impressed with what we have seen here today in terms of infrastructure to carry out sales and after sale services.

“We are working hard to capture the commercial opportunities in auto market in the country. As we all know, automobile business is about selling and maintenance of cars. As we deliver quality products to our clients, we are also going to offer quality after sale services.

“Having a plant in Nigeria is part of the possibilities that we are looking at. In each of the 36 states, we want to differentiate ourselves by occupying the number one position.”

He also disclosed that there were plans to reopen Nissan auto dealership in Ibadan in conjunction with Lister motors.

Speaking on the developments, the Chairman of Lister Motors, Alhaji Arisekola-Alao said, ““We are going to ensure that Nissan attains its pride of place again in the Nigerian auto market. We decided to stop importation of cars and went into flour milling business about 30 years ago due to changing government policies and bad economy. But, we shall now focus on importation of Nissan vehicles.

“I must say that we are overdue for a Nissan assembly plant in Nigeria. We once proposed the setting up of a plant in Ilorin, but that plan did not materialise.”

http://businessnews.com.ng/2012/09/14/nissan-to-open-assembly-plant-in-nigeria/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NigeriaBusinessNews+%28Nigeria+Business+News%29
i hope they wil reduce the price of the product
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by hbrednic: 1:04pm On Sep 14, 2012
they should learn from volks tongue
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by NoobSaibot1: 1:05pm On Sep 14, 2012
rimax: i hope they wil reduce the price of the product

Do you have to quote the post before making your own comment?
Use your head
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by sonety2k(m): 1:07pm On Sep 14, 2012
cool
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Scarpon(m): 1:13pm On Sep 14, 2012
more job opportunity
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by jude33084(m): 1:14pm On Sep 14, 2012
Noob Saibot:

Do you have to quote the post before making your own comment?
Use your head

HeadMaster lipsrsealed
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 14, 2012
Interesting. I wonder how long this venture will be economically sound, and wonder what the Quality Control will be like?
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Nightshift(m): 1:32pm On Sep 14, 2012
Perhaps in 30 years ! Toyota said same in 1989. Where you see them? Inside cooking pot....

1 Like

Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 1:38pm On Sep 14, 2012
Aneg, let's encourage our local car manufacturers. tell me wetin i never hear before.
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by omoyele203: 1:52pm On Sep 14, 2012
This is a welcome idea,but l pray it comes to be,without any politicking
The brand should sure be cheaper if this happens
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by plendil: 2:00pm On Sep 14, 2012
one brand new sentra coming ri' up cool cool
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by plendil: 2:01pm On Sep 14, 2012
Nightshift: Perhaps in 30 years ! Toyota said same in 1989. Where you see them? Inside cooking pot....

really?
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 14, 2012
IF they will fulfill their word i will be happy as a proud customer of Nissan. I love Nissan
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by irecruit(m): 2:08pm On Sep 14, 2012
i just hope it is real. i hope this will create jobs in Nigeria
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by faithin9ja: 2:10pm On Sep 14, 2012
grandstar: It does not make economic sense.

For a car plant to be successful, it needs to invest about a $1bn and produce about 200,000 cars.

We are talking here about economies of scale.

If Nissan does set up an assembly palnt, they'd start championing for higher tariffs on imported cars and having us purchase old model Nissans.

Note that Nissan will be producing newer models whenever they come out. This was what Peugeot did for years. It's a win/lose situation for Nissan/Nigeria.

Totally agree with you.
This is just the usually rubbish sentimental clap trap that 'importers' come out with. About making factories in Nigeria. These factories will import 95% of the components and make rubbish quality vehicles in Nigeria, totally unnecessary.

We should concentrate on 'niche' products for export and then use FX earned to import what we can't make.

Moct countries in the world do NOT have car manufacturering plants and those that do these plants manufacture cars for export not just thier local markets.

Why can't we manufacture windscreens or car seats or even windscreen wipers for export to other countries around the world?

1 Like

Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by pauloni(m): 2:11pm On Sep 14, 2012
If is not political I believe it will see the light of the day. Really Arisekola is a business man well experience and successful this ll create JOB for Nigeria
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 14, 2012
Siena: Interesting. I wonder how long this venture will be economically sound, and wonder what the Quality Control will be like?
I think it actually would. They do not have to focus on Nigeria alone. They can export the excess to neighbouring countries that also import. Nigeria can be a hub for them. It would reduce the cost of importing new cars from asia to most west african countries.
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Nightshift(m): 2:12pm On Sep 14, 2012
Mercedes - Benz came to Enugu in 1982 with a promise to transfer its know-how to young Nigeria school leavers . Initially business was good , the company (Anamco) was manufacturing and selling thousands of vehicles across the country annually, until alarm come blow. Now, Anamco have sacked hundreds from its workforce and threatening to close due to low patronage . Nigeria govts. prefers importing vehicles from India and South Korea than buying better ones from the Emene based company . I heard the last hope for Anamco is if MAN is still interested in taking over the company . The Augsburg based trucks/buses manufacturing giant is said to have shown interest in Anamco.
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Nightshift(m): 2:21pm On Sep 14, 2012
plendil:

really?
It was in 'Nigeria Concorde ' newspaper sometime in 1989. Were you already born then?
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Mavor: 2:25pm On Sep 14, 2012
All foreign investments going to the South. Choi!!!
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by choosen1: 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2012
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 2:47pm On Sep 14, 2012
choosen1:
I hope u meant south africa not south south.cos i can't see them
I think he meant southern Sudan.
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by galaxy4rep(m): 2:59pm On Sep 14, 2012
INNOSON is d best optn,nigerians shuld patroniz him nd u wil c a positive dif

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Are Cars Cheapest In The Us? / Porsche And Singer Vehicles Collaborate To Make Porsche 964 DLS / What Happens If You Put The Wrong Fuel In Your Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.