Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Why These Days’ Religious And Tribal Thread Get Patronize Than Other Threads? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why These Days’ Religious And Tribal Thread Get Patronize Than Other Threads? (1001 Views)

Dasukigate: Religious And Tribal Lesson By Anonymous / Nairaland And Tribal Fights / Child Right Law: Fayose Ban Tattoos And Tribal Marks In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why These Days’ Religious And Tribal Thread Get Patronize Than Other Threads? by jamil2(m): 12:27pm On Sep 14, 2012
Although I haven’t spent much time here but I observe that Nairalanders these days attached so many importances on the religious and tribal thread.

Let us use the below thread as example, the number of pages and the kind of patronized would be given to it, will gives you more clue of what I intend to portray;

Tinubu Bow-Greeting Buhari (Picture): Slavery Or Respect?

On the other hand when we take look on the religious side the below threads have said it all;

The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya

Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed

On repugnance we simply see this thread as example;

Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future?

Please if there is way to position full stop on these issues I think everything is went well and we may probably have good understand among ourselves.

My observation.
Re: Why These Days’ Religious And Tribal Thread Get Patronize Than Other Threads? by jamil2(m): 12:37pm On Sep 14, 2012
Another example check the history of this thread

Muslims In Jos Protest Film On Prophet Mohammed
Re: Why These Days’ Religious And Tribal Thread Get Patronize Than Other Threads? by Callotti: 1:02pm On Sep 14, 2012
Because they give bigots the necessary e-r-e-ctions to function! kiss
Re: Why These Days’ Religious And Tribal Thread Get Patronize Than Other Threads? by hakanai(m): 1:27pm On Sep 14, 2012
If you look deeper you could see that people use this medium to vent there anger.Also alot of people would rather just use it to gauge perception on issues that affect from the different view of persons.
The biggest mistake is people who assume it is generally or widely applicable in the Nigerian real scenario.Some may be applicable but a significant number is typical of media rantings.If we also are observant some people try to use it to sow discord and damn others.Some also use it to sway support on issues.More like granting straight and free access to persons to manipulate information and perceptions (propaganda) against peoples and groups.So don't eat all you read.
Just have fun,observe and learn.People have varying opinions.Others lack manners.It keeps going!!! moderators are trying but need to look deeper to curb the excesses of users.I don't know how limits,mutual respect and courtesy can be enforced.NL use to be wonderful and intelligent forum.Simply cause people had respect,chat intelligently and even help caution persons on extreme comments.Today it has changed.It's like a free for all and if you even try to correct someone or make sense about issues.You get damning insults,accusations and bias gang up along ethnic and religious lines.So users, moderators and owners of NL have to come up with more policy to manage users.Sanity needs to be restored.For instance we As Nigerians spend 80% of our time insulting leaders (especially GEJ) and country/Countrymen.rarely do we have productive or solution based chats.SO what is the aim of NL and what is the goals of the NLers?What is in for the nation as NL and NLers become one?
Re: Why These Days’ Religious And Tribal Thread Get Patronize Than Other Threads? by jamil2(m): 1:55pm On Sep 14, 2012
Callotti: Because they give bigots the necessary e-r-e-ctions to function! kiss

I don't think this is the problem; this issue has nothing to do with

the people monitoring this forum. I am sure they are pulling all

their powers to see they end all these disarrays but regrettably

most of the members aren't ready to meet the terms.
Re: Why These Days’ Religious And Tribal Thread Get Patronize Than Other Threads? by jamil2(m): 2:13pm On Sep 14, 2012
haka_nai: For instance we As Nigerians spend 80% of our time insulting leaders (especially GEJ) and country/Countrymen.rarely do we have productive or solution based chats.SO what is the aim of NL and what is the goals of the NLers?What is in for the nation as NL and NLers become one?

It pains me a lot every time when reading from this forum, verbal abuse

and preventable comments from its member and thus it will be

based on soppiness and sometimes to catch up with their desires

which is very unauthorized. However for the above outstretched questions

I am much eager to have the response from the patronage and its causes.
Re: Why These Days’ Religious And Tribal Thread Get Patronize Than Other Threads? by defemz(m): 2:14pm On Sep 14, 2012
Because when muslims start to kill in the name of religion so many lives are lost and so many people are involved. Killing under whatever guise is no longer acceptable in the present world system. If any of your family members has ever been killed by the religious savages, you understand the pains many family are going thru, hence the reason why so many people come here to express their disapproval
Re: Why These Days’ Religious And Tribal Thread Get Patronize Than Other Threads? by plendil: 2:18pm On Sep 14, 2012
what more interests us beside religion and tribal sentiments?

BTW i don't particularly see anything wrong with such attitudes
Re: Why These Days’ Religious And Tribal Thread Get Patronize Than Other Threads? by IleIfe2(m): 2:22pm On Sep 14, 2012
There is discontent in the land, people are angry.
Re: Why These Days’ Religious And Tribal Thread Get Patronize Than Other Threads? by plendil: 2:47pm On Sep 14, 2012
Callotti: Because they give bigots the necessary e-r-e-ctions to function! kiss

na you be that?? cheesy
Re: Why These Days’ Religious And Tribal Thread Get Patronize Than Other Threads? by jamil2(m): 3:01pm On Sep 14, 2012
defemz: Because when muslims start to kill in the name of religion so many lives are lost and so many people are involved. Killing under whatever guise is no longer acceptable in the present world system. If any of your family members has ever been killed by the religious savages, you understand the pains many family are going thru, hence the reason why so many people come here to express their disapproval

You are on point Bro especially on the religious side and however,

I do not expect any sane person in auxiliary of this mayhem

that is happening in the country for the most part of the north although

similar issues are happening up south but it will do no harm to the

people over there. I pray hard for protection and to see the end

of the current situation of the country. Finally I would like know

your stand on Tribal war that is always happening here and would

you mind telling me it has connection with religious issue?
Re: Why These Days’ Religious And Tribal Thread Get Patronize Than Other Threads? by jamil2(m): 3:10pm On Sep 14, 2012
plendil:
BTW i don't particularly see anything wrong with such attitudes

Exactly your thought and who has the right to repudiate you?
Re: Why These Days’ Religious And Tribal Thread Get Patronize Than Other Threads? by jamil2(m): 3:15pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ile-Ife:
There is discontent in the land, people are angry.

Please, who is the answerable to this disgruntlement?

(1) (Reply)

Universities To Stop Awarding Honorary Degrees To Political Office Holders / Jonathan’s Foreign Trips Gulp N3.3bn …travelled 20 Times In 2012 / Mimiko And Okorocha Are The Best Opposition Canbdidates For 2015 Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.