Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? (29085 Views)

What Else Do You Do With Your phone Apart From These Things? / Please Help With Blackberry Wifi Hotspot Setup / Pinging With Nokia Phone Just Like Blackberry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Fidelcruiz(m): 5:06pm On Sep 19, 2012
Which ever way the owner wants to use his/her BB. But make sure u don't buy it for buying sake. Pls does any N/Lander know recieved any info on the Owerri Diamond Bank test on saturday? U can share it with the house
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by usdane: 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2012
timbros: Personally my E5 does everything a blackberry will do for any user, including pinging. Yes, pinging cuz i have my Whatsapp cheesy

Blackberry? Thanks, but no thanks...
GBAM!!! U don talk my mind. Hence i recerve my comments
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Abagworo(m): 5:09pm On Sep 19, 2012
With BB one can download 1000GB of movies and still pay 3,000 for monthly subscription but other phones have download limits. That is the major advantage of BB over android and iphones here in Nigeria.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by raynold17(m): 5:09pm On Sep 19, 2012
Lagusta: WHAT I DO WITH MY BLACKBERRY

Antimosquito: drives away mosquitoes within a one yard radius, useful when outside....

Mydoc2pdf converter: converts anything to pdf, I mean it, anything

Zipper: yeah, zip and unzip your files without using a PC, aint that wonderful??

OS7.1: that version can convert your blackberry into a hotspot, network dependent

Games: playtomo, combat ludo, pool, real football 2012.....

Who was that comparing a BB to a nokia E5, can an E5 act as a hotspot for free, can it convert docs to pdf, can it create word, ppt documents, is whatsapp encrypted

Please, gimme a blackberry and I show u a "small but mighty" phone....
well I can do all that on my android and more.. mutiple emailing, play hd games, able to install over 500apps(have about 60 now with 6.5gig to go) as for chatting I use whatapp, twitter for android 100 time better than twitter for blackberry and there are still about 10 other apps that are even better..etc android is the best. I use airtel 1.2gig for 1200 so it's more like bis.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by tedfx4life(m): 5:09pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ignatio: The question is not yet answered. We haven't been told that special thing BB can do that other phones can't.

Some of you say it's made for business men but other smartphones serve better in that capacity. Even Nokia X2 competes with BB in that area.

The only thing about it is cheap data and pinging.

Bottomline BlackBerry is a subject of overestimation. Boring phone :@.

Blackberry is a phenomenon if u know what u can use it for.I can understand most nigerian use it for chats but as said its basically meant for business purposes. Emails, Chat, Apps, Fun, Business..BB just encompases everything in one phone. It s really hard to find a biz app thats not on BB. Forex to stocks and so much more. Only a fool will compare BB and Nokia E5 or whatever the model is.for kids..well they may not see the diffrence but for professionals its like heaven to earth.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by femionasan(m): 5:12pm On Sep 19, 2012
Una no dey tire to dey put bb bashing threads on NL? Jeez and it keeps making the front page.

2 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by MoonRaker2: 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2012
Buying BB is a total waste of money. . Nokia, samsung & iphone are worth buying
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2012
I have seen d e-war here between B.B & Nokia and its funny.
Personally, I use my BB 4 maximum downloads. Unlike Nokia, I go online any time wid the unlimited data and do whatever I want to do.
Working offline is done with my iphone. Ω̴̩̩̩̥♏ currently typing my seminar with my iphone.
My b.b gives me the ability to send voice notes free. Upload files to fileshare sites and I PING too, whatsapp, Touch, etc.

But looking at it critically, most pple Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊Ŧ beef  aя̩̥̊ε suffering from one of the following:
1) They can't afford a BlackBerry + their HTC....
OR.
2) They wish they can keep up with the subscription....
OR.
3) They aя̩̥̊ε angry with themselves when they Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ their peeps put their big brain into a small black box called blackberry.

#justsaying.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Chingyarmani(m): 5:15pm On Sep 19, 2012
timbros: Personally my E5 does everything a blackberry will do for any user, including pinging. Yes, pinging cuz i have my Whatsapp cheesy

there are things ur E5 wont and cant do,basically one of those functions is instant messaging either on twitter,fb nd what have you...although i used to be an anti BB but after a few months of acuqiring a bold5 i'm nw a proBB
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 19, 2012
iphone is wow though....
Scrabble on iphone,
Chess on iphone,
Documents to Go,
Zuma,
Spartacus, etc.
HD games & interesting apps available @ App Store.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by kellystech(m): 5:19pm On Sep 19, 2012
since i got d galaxy s2 i stoped subscription on my bb cos dat fone is da bomb!!! it it does everytin a bb can do even more better and 4 ur info airtel bis works on all fones
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by kellystech(m): 5:26pm On Sep 19, 2012
raynold17 :
well I can do all that on my android and more.. mutiple emailing, play hd games, able to install over 500apps(have about 60 now with 6.5gig to go) as for chatting I use whatapp, twitter for android 100 time better than twitter for blackberry and there are still about 10 other apps that are even better..etc android is the best. I use airtel 1.2gig for 1200 so it's more like bis.
pls wat is d code 4 dat 1.2gig?
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by adekay09(m): 5:27pm On Sep 19, 2012
Omon605: Most of the bbm can't play a full HD videos, they can't even open ordinary PDF files. The phone is only selling in the Nigeria market. Pls try galaxy note and smash your bbm

LOL....BBM or BB, some people dont even know the difference. and by the way, i dont know which bb u use(d), all d bb wey i use don open pdf oh. if u no sabi use, ask around.

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Jeffy1206(m): 5:34pm On Sep 19, 2012
Moon_Raker: Buying BB is a total waste of money. . Nokia, samsung & iphone are worth buying
wrong dere though hate dem for ba3 and wow luv dem for less data consumption.mhen i jelous bb users for de cheap services dere get.
Anywhere bb is kul bt com on bb is jst a general name y are compelin wit one nokia product.e5
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by gambus007(m): 5:34pm On Sep 19, 2012
chucky234: Skype works on many BB models,you can confirm that from skye home page.
Do u Ave it on ur BB device?ansr my question
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by gambus007(m): 5:35pm On Sep 19, 2012
Rocktation:

Who de lie for you? Do your research again.
U get am for ur BB?abeg ansr my question
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by timbros(m): 5:36pm On Sep 19, 2012
Chingyarmani: there are things ur E5 wont and cant do,basically one of those functions is instant messaging either on twitter,fb nd what have you...although i used to be an anti BB but after a few months of acuqiring a bold5 i'm nw a proBB

Instant messaging lol... I have whatsapp, 2go, Nimbuzz, ebuddy (yahoo, msn, facebook, gmail inclusive), yahoo messanger, fb chat, badoo, eskimi etc...

Wetin again u want make i download? With all these instant message apps, tell me who u cant keep in touch with.
What else do i need BB ping for?
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Slimboy94(m): 5:36pm On Sep 19, 2012

Can ur E5 open a pdf file straight with its browser without downloading any application?
BB 4 LYF grin
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by adekay09(m): 5:37pm On Sep 19, 2012
usdane:
GBAM!!! U don talk my mind. Hence i recerve my comments

Abegi!!! d only thing whatsapp has is that it across various platforms but e no fit stand near bbm jare. IT IS DRY AND BORING!!!! No groups, updates, no broadcasts etc. btw, i use a bb, htc(andriod) and motorola droid(android), Nokia? been there, done dat. they are not in the game right now.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by otumfour(m): 5:39pm On Sep 19, 2012
adekay09:

Abegi!!! d only thing whatsapp has is that it across various platforms but e no fit stand near bbm jare. IT IS DRY AND BORING!!!! No groups, updates, no broadcasts etc. btw, i use a bb, htc(andriod) and motorola droid(android), Nokia? been there, done dat. they are not in the game right now.

it has all tht and more
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by adekay09(m): 5:39pm On Sep 19, 2012
timbros:

Instant messaging lol... I have whatsapp, 2go, Nimbuzz, ebuddy (yahoo, msn, facebook, gmail inclusive), yahoo messanger, fb chat, badoo, eskimi etc...

Wetin again u want make i download? With all these instant message apps, tell me who u cant keep in touch with.
What else do i need BB ping for?

na wa oh, see wahala, when all u need is one application...bbm..but you can leave all your applications since you want to be in touch with the whole universe.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by timbros(m): 5:40pm On Sep 19, 2012
Slimboy94:
Can ur E5 open a pdf file straight with its browser without downloading any application?
BB 4 LYF grin

Why do i have a laptop?
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Jeffy1206(m): 5:41pm On Sep 19, 2012
rhema4u: I have seen d e-war here between B.B & Nokia and its funny.
Personally, I use my BB 4 maximum downloads. Unlike Nokia, I go online any time wid the unlimited data and do whatever I want to do.
Working offline is done with my iphone. Ω̴̩̩̩̥♏ currently typing my seminar with my iphone.
My b.b gives me the ability to send voice notes free. Upload files to fileshare sites and I PING too, whatsapp, Touch, etc.

But looking at it critically, most pple Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊Ŧ beef  aя̩̥̊ε suffering from one of the following:
OR.
OR.
3) They aя̩̥̊ε angry with themselves when they Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ their peeps put their big brain into a small black box called blackberry.

#justsaying.
i tink u re ignorant of de facts. more respect shud be givin to android n symbian users as one subscription cud buy u a new bb may be torch loooool... So shut up and drive!!!

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by timbros(m): 5:41pm On Sep 19, 2012
adekay09:

na wa oh, see wahala, when all u need is one application...bbm..but you can leave all your applications since you want to be in touch with the whole universe.

If i choose to have 1000 applications, i dont thinks its any body's business...
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by timbros(m): 5:46pm On Sep 19, 2012
rhema4u: I have seen d e-war here between B.B & Nokia and its funny.

OR.
OR.

#justsaying.

@Bolded..
You that is using unlimited data as an excuse for choosing BB is the poor person here. To buy a phone is not the problem, its the maintenance....
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by adekay09(m): 5:46pm On Sep 19, 2012
timbros:

If i choose to have 1000 applications, i dont thinks its any body's business...

1000 applications to do basically the same job, GENIUS...carry on
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by adekay09(m): 5:50pm On Sep 19, 2012
timbros:

Why do i have a laptop?

Does your laptop have a sim card slot? and can it enter your pocket?

2 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 19, 2012
X
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 19, 2012
Get a bold5 and shut the Bleep up:
losers!!
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by okwytest(m): 5:57pm On Sep 19, 2012
I stil deh wonder wen Nigerians will be civilized and cultured..even dat Olo.do 4 america(his village)..she needs help on what else 2 do with her blackberry,,if u cant help y not fecck off and leave odaz 2 help her out.Y d debate over Bb and E8....apart 4rm ba3 palava,i will always go 4 my BB.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by temmym4(m): 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2012
twinskenny: galaxy s2 rock... lots of amazing apps

YEZ BOZZ smiley
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 19, 2012
for making coffee, bb make a fab cup of mocha grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Price, Specs Of Infinix Note 6 In Nigeria / GLO FREEDOM PACK (cheapest Call Rate To All Networks As Low As 12k Per Second) / Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.