Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) (50421 Views)

Rainfall Breaks Tall Tree In Gombe. Photos updated!! / MEET The 3 Yrs Old Boy Who Weighs Over 70kg And Can’t Stop Eating![photos] / OMG! Meet Naija's Tallest Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by funsho4man(m): 7:48pm On Sep 14, 2012
blink182: I need 5 of these
4 wt, or to prevent boko boz
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by cesil92: 7:49pm On Sep 14, 2012
As a calabar man, this dog cant be gud and sweet for dog meat.
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by Toks2008(m): 7:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
adami48: dat woman close to him is she up to 7ft? the dog big n tall na the 7ft i no understand, this one dey ur house u no need mopole

7ft long not tall.
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by webaplanet(m): 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2012
SNOP DOGGY DOG needs this kind of DOG..
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by andyanders: 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2012
I have taken my time to look at this picture and doubt how this dog is rated to be about 7ft tall.
The lady standing by the dog stands taller than the dog and she cannot be more than 5,8inches tall.
Now, how come the dog is 7ft? I wonder how the so called Guinness book get their measured this.

Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by tyson55(m): 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2012
For those that doesn't know about this breed of Dog here is a quick info:

The Great Dane, also known as German Mastiff or Danish Hound, is a breed of domestic dog known for its giant size.

Hypoallergenic: No
Life span: 6 to 12 years
Temperament: Gentle, Friendly, Devoted, Reserved, Confident, Loving
Colors: Fawn, Brindle, Black, Blue, Mantle, Harlequin

As described by the American Kennel Club, "The Great Dane combines, in its regal appearance, dignity, strength and elegance with great size and a powerful, well-formed, smoothly muscled body. It is one of the giant working breeds, but is unique in that its general conformation must be so well balanced that it never appears clumsy, and shall move with a long reach and powerful drive." The Great Dane is a short haired breed with a strong galloping figure. In the ratio between length and height, the Great Dane should be square. The male dog should not be less than 30 in (76 cm) at the shoulders, a female 28 in (71 cm). Danes under minimum height are disqualified.

From year to year, the tallest living dog is typically a Great Dane. Previous record holders include Gibson, Titan and George however the current record holder is a black Great Dane named Zeus who stands 112 cm (44 in) at the shoulder. He is also the tallest dog on record (according Guinness World Records), beating the previous holder who was a blue Great Dane named George, who stood 110 cm (43 in) at the shoulder.

The minimum weight for a Great Dane over eighteen months is 120 lb (54 kg) for males, 100 lb (45 kg) for females. Unusually, the American Kennel Club dropped the minimum weight requirement from its standard. The male should appear more massive throughout than the female, with a larger frame and heavier bone.

Great Danes have naturally floppy, triangular ears. In the past, when Great Danes were commonly used to hunt boars, cropping of the ears was performed to make injuries to the dogs' ears less likely during hunts. Now that Danes are primarily companion animals, cropping is sometimes still done for traditional and cosmetic reasons. In the 1930s when Great Danes had their ears cropped, after the surgery two devices called Easter Bonnets were fitted to their ears to make them stand up. Today, the practice is common in the United States and much less common in Europe. In some European countries such as the United Kingdom, Ireland, Denmark, Germany, parts of Australia, and in New Zealand, the practice is banned, or controlled to only be performed by veterinary surgeons.

1 Like

Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2012
~vicky~:
it looks Photoshopped

Exactly! Let's see other pics of the 'dog' with his master (abi na mistress undecided) b/4 we believe this tale......could be a case of the owner just being extraordinarily short!
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by Clemzy16(m): 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2012
Can't you guys read the handwriting on the wall. That dog is obviously a statue. It's not real. You'll agree with me with the position of it's legs. A dog cannot grow that tall.
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by ujukala: 7:55pm On Sep 14, 2012
This is scary!
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by ashdre: 7:55pm On Sep 14, 2012
Abeg which species be dis dog sef?Cos it looks lik fotoshop 2 me.
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by tyson55(m): 7:56pm On Sep 14, 2012
andyanders: I have taken my time to look at this picture and doubt how this dog is rated to be about 7ft tall.
The lady standing by the dog stands taller than the dog and she cannot be more than 5,8inches tall.
Now, how come the dog is 7ft? I wonder how the so called Guinness book get their measured this.

The Great Dane Zeus Standing on his hind legs,stretches to 7-foot (2.13-meter)-4-inch (101.-millimeter)
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by Navalsadiq(m): 7:59pm On Sep 14, 2012
U sure say no be baby girrafe dem paint like that
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by andyanders: 7:59pm On Sep 14, 2012
tyson55:

Got you right but since the animal stands and walks with it's legs and hands, it should be measured with the legs and the hands on the floor/ground.
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by vislabraye(m): 8:00pm On Sep 14, 2012
I tot Irish wolf hound was the biggest and tallest dogs.
Great Danes make good guard dogs.
This particular breed reminds me of USAIN BOLTS. I won't be surprise if it was injected with HGH.
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 14, 2012
"Is that a dog or a horse?"

grin
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by tyson55(m): 8:01pm On Sep 14, 2012
Clemzy16: Can't you guys read the handwriting on the wall. That dog is obviously a statue. It's not real. You'll agree with me with the position of it's legs. A dog cannot grow that tall.

SEE...http://www.pawnation.com/2012/09/14/guinness-world-record-crowns-new-tallest-dog/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2203202/Owner-Zeus-worlds-tallest-dog-says-giant-canine-big-children-thinks-horse.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by Aston92(m): 8:01pm On Sep 14, 2012
aw cmez.....
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 14, 2012
berem: BLOOD OF HOLY SPIRIT! Wetin be dis? You sure say no be fertilizer dem dey give the dog chop? If I see this dog for real life,I go just faint! Oyinbo people and their stewpidity!!
which wan be blood of holy spirit? shocked
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by ceejayluv(m): 8:03pm On Sep 14, 2012
Clemzy16: Can't you guys read the handwriting on the wall. That dog is obviously a statue. It's not real. You'll agree with me with the position of it's legs. A dog cannot grow that tall.

yeah, right .. Guinness folks are so daft as to award a statue ?
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by malignant1: 8:04pm On Sep 14, 2012
Jenny20:

7ft 4inches! 70kg! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Me i'm asking, is this a dinosaur?

looks more like pre-ice age mammal. grin
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by akpunku1: 8:08pm On Sep 14, 2012
this kind dog dey get odeshi, bullet no fit penetrate
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 14, 2012
Yield: "Is that a dog or a horse?"

grin
it is a DORSE undecided
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by Akilokazeem(m): 8:10pm On Sep 14, 2012
Datz gr8.......cn anyone tell me why the whyte are alwayz record breaker even their animalz na waooo....god help nigeria and help me o
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by Slasha1(f): 8:11pm On Sep 14, 2012
Wots dis? If dis one pounce on sum1 ehn
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by tyson55(m): 8:12pm On Sep 14, 2012
More Pics

Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by Orikinla(m): 8:14pm On Sep 14, 2012
Chanchit: This one na dragon o..!

It is terrifying!
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by haruna1970(m): 8:14pm On Sep 14, 2012
Probably, photoshop-ped
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 14, 2012
andyanders: I have taken my time to look at this picture and doubt how this dog is rated to be about 7ft tall.

so after all the explanation by people, you still wrote this? Na wa o. No wonder †☺ pass exam de hard una.
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by Les: 8:17pm On Sep 14, 2012
Dis one tall pass every one for nairaland o, seun inclusive! Lol!
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by Oyawuni(m): 8:18pm On Sep 14, 2012
to own a dog like this one,u have to be wealthy.
The feeding self too much.
I believe the dog will be lazy
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by tyson55(m): 8:20pm On Sep 14, 2012
blink182: so after all the explanation by people, you still wrote this? Na wa o. No wonder †☺ pass exam de hard una.

I tire o my broda. I even posted this link for him ....http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2203202/Owner-Zeus-worlds-tallest-dog-says-giant-canine-big-children-thinks-horse.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
Re: World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) by mallorca(m): 8:21pm On Sep 14, 2012
Idi-Amin:
I no trust this Oyinbo people, they are freaks.

I dey suspect the dog dey phuck the owner grin
your guess is as good as mine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Is Why Nigerians Do Not Deserve Financial Help From Fellow Nigerians (pics) / 4 Ways Ooni Ogunwusi Makes History As Wuraola Confirms Marriage Collapse / Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.