Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,939 members, 7,806,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Praying Unclad..........................what Is The Spiritual Significance? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying Unclad..........................what Is The Spiritual Significance? (9271 Views)

Spiritual Significance Of Seeing A Rainbow In The Dream / Christians Praying Unclad / Justcool, What Was The Spiritual Significance Of The Second World War? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Praying Unclad..........................what Is The Spiritual Significance? by IYANGBALI: 9:17pm On Sep 14, 2012
There is this friend of mine who always like to be nude whenever he wants to pray in his room,his reason is that it is always good for one to approach God the way he created us especially when we are alone in the four corners of our room,this look odd to me. What is your take on this and what is the significance spiritually?
Re: Praying Unclad..........................what Is The Spiritual Significance? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 14, 2012
IYA NGBALI: There is this friend of mine who always like to be nude whenever he wants to pray in his room,his reason is that it is always good for one to approach God the way he created us especially when we are alone in the four corners of our room,this look odd to me. What is your take on this and what is the significance spiritually?
HE GOT DEMONS ON HIM grin grin grin HE NEED AN EXORCISM
Re: Praying Unclad..........................what Is The Spiritual Significance? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:25pm On Sep 14, 2012
I know many Christians who do that.
Actually, Christianity sexually repressed his followers.
A pastor told me to pray without clothes (even in groups) is the best way to approach God.
It is somewhat strange that a man prays in front of a naked woman (by Nick, I guess you're a woman), but I guess that should also have an explanation, at least in terms of energy, right?
What were you doing while this devotee of Lord prayed naked before him, dear sister?
My respects.
Re: Praying Unclad..........................what Is The Spiritual Significance? by Acidosis(m): 9:57pm On Sep 14, 2012
Your friend is a pervert, IYA.
Re: Praying Unclad..........................what Is The Spiritual Significance? by k2039: 1:07am On Sep 15, 2012
It sounds weird to me but I don think their is any special significance to praying unclad.
Re: Praying Unclad..........................what Is The Spiritual Significance? by plaetton: 2:34am On Sep 15, 2012
It is the first sign of a mild form of mental illness.
Re: Praying Unclad..........................what Is The Spiritual Significance? by onatisi(m): 3:31am On Sep 15, 2012
it is a powerful way of praying ,but too deep to put into writting and too complicated to understand for anyone who hasnt done it before ,but ppl should note there are spiritual significance to many acts and each has it own effects and power

7 Likes

Re: Praying Unclad..........................what Is The Spiritual Significance? by onatisi(m): 3:39am On Sep 15, 2012
there are special psalms for specific prayers prayed in specific ways,there are special times for praying certain prayers .ok op let me ask u thi have u seen or heard about people praying with their clothes turned inside out ?this world is full of mysteries and to them who dont know it these things are foolishness and stupidity but to those that use them they are power.lastly let me tell u a secret most of the most successful ppl in nigeria today know much about these spiritual facts than ppl that go to church everyday.it is not how many days u have been fasting or praying it is about how u go about it .like i said in the begining it is too deep to put into writting,maybe ur friend will tell u about it if u ask him

3 Likes

Re: Praying Unclad..........................what Is The Spiritual Significance? by Nobody: 4:46am On Sep 15, 2012
If you comot your eye make you for no see your enemy, how you go see your friend

I'm not sure why my post was hidden and I was banned, but it will be a very long time before I post on this site again. Too much childishness for me. Back to browsing and enjoying the rest of my vacation from work. Blessings
Re: Praying Unclad..........................what Is The Spiritual Significance? by CrazyMan(m): 6:57am On Sep 15, 2012
Prayer is a way of communicating with God. Therefore, God doesn't bother about your outward appearance whenever you're in his presence...he looks at your heart. So whether you're n^aked or you put on 100 clothes, if your heart isn't right with him, he still won't answer you.

About the spiritually significance...well I won't totally condemn being n^aked for God as madness cos if you take a good look at the scriptures, king David was partially naked before the whole isrealites.

[b] 2 Samuel 6:14-23. 15 while he and all Israel were bringing up the ark of the LORD with shouts and the sound of trumpets.

16 As the ark of the LORD was entering the City of David, Michal daughter of Saul watched from a window. And when she saw King David leaping and dancing before the LORD, she despised him in her heart.

17 They brought the ark of the LORD and set it in its place inside the tent that David had pitched for it, and David sacrificed burnt offerings and fellowship offerings before the LORD. 18 After he had finished sacrificing the burnt offerings and fellowship offerings, he blessed the people in the name of the LORD Almighty. 19 Then he gave a loaf of bread, a cake of dates and a cake of raisins to each person in the whole crowd of Israelites, both men and women. And all the people went to their homes.

20 When David returned home to bless his household, Michal daughter of Saul came out to meet him and said, "How the king of Israel has distinguished himself today, going around half-naked in full view of the slave girls of his servants as any vulgar fellow would!"

21 David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me rather than your father or anyone from his house when he appointed me ruler over the LORD's people Israel—I will celebrate before the LORD. 22 I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes. But by these slave girls you spoke of, I will be held in honor."

23 And Michal daughter of Saul had no children to the day of her death.
[/b]

Here David who was almost n^aked danced in front of the whole congregation to worship God. You saw the punishment God gave to Saul's daughter for making fun of david.

Therefore avoid condemning your friend cos it could be that he n^aked himself before God as a symbol of his spiritual emptiness...and wants God to fill him. And if you keep making fun of him, God might get angry and decide to punish you like he did to Saul's daughter.

But I pray that it wouldn't be your portion in Jesus name.
Re: Praying Unclad..........................what Is The Spiritual Significance? by Image123(m): 10:45am On Sep 15, 2012
no spiritual significance. Faith is what is needed for prayers. some people have or exercise more faith when something extra is done like a longer prayer, or a louder prayer, or a respected minister prayer, or a laying of hands, or use of a medium oil, cloth etc. Whatever puts you in 'faith gear', but be careful to trust and worship God the Giver and not the method or medium.

1 Like

Re: Praying Unclad..........................what Is The Spiritual Significance? by God2man(m): 11:55am On Sep 15, 2012
onatisi: there are special psalms for specific prayers prayed in specific ways,there are special times for praying certain prayers .ok op let me ask u thi have u seen or heard about people praying with their clothes turned inside out ?this world is full of mysteries and to them who dont know it these things are foolishness and stupidity but to those that use them they are power.lastly let me tell u a secret most of the most successful ppl in nigeria today know much about these spiritual facts than ppl that go to church everyday.it is not how many days u have been fasting or praying it is about how u go about it .like i said in the begining it is too deep to put into writting,maybe ur friend will tell u about it if u ask him
Re: Praying Unclad..........................what Is The Spiritual Significance? by Ptolomeus(m): 6:08pm On Sep 17, 2012
CrazyMan: Prayer is a way of communicating with God. Therefore, God doesn't bother about your outward appearance whenever you're in his presence...he looks at your heart. So whether you're n^aked or you put on 100 clothes, if your heart isn't right with him, he still won't answer you.

About the spiritually significance...well I won't totally condemn being n^aked for God as madness cos if you take a good look at the scriptures, king David was partially naked before the whole isrealites.

[b] 2 Samuel 6:14-23. 15 while he and all Israel were bringing up the ark of the LORD with shouts and the sound of trumpets.

16 As the ark of the LORD was entering the City of David, Michal daughter of Saul watched from a window. And when she saw King David leaping and dancing before the LORD, she despised him in her heart.

17 They brought the ark of the LORD and set it in its place inside the tent that David had pitched for it, and David sacrificed burnt offerings and fellowship offerings before the LORD. 18 After he had finished sacrificing the burnt offerings and fellowship offerings, he blessed the people in the name of the LORD Almighty. 19 Then he gave a loaf of bread, a cake of dates and a cake of raisins to each person in the whole crowd of Israelites, both men and women. And all the people went to their homes.

20 When David returned home to bless his household, Michal daughter of Saul came out to meet him and said, "How the king of Israel has distinguished himself today, going around half-naked in full view of the slave girls of his servants as any vulgar fellow would!"

21 David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me rather than your father or anyone from his house when he appointed me ruler over the LORD's people Israel—I will celebrate before the LORD. 22 I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes. But by these slave girls you spoke of, I will be held in honor."

23 And Michal daughter of Saul had no children to the day of her death.
[/b]

Here David who was almost n^aked danced in front of the whole congregation to worship God. You saw the punishment God gave to Saul's daughter for making fun of david.

Therefore avoid condemning your friend cos it could be that he n^aked himself before God as a symbol of his spiritual emptiness...and wants God to fill him. And if you keep making fun of him, God might get angry and decide to punish you like he did to Saul's daughter.

But I pray that it wouldn't be your portion in Jesus name.

David prayed naked ... and was also a great polygamist ... an adulterer.

You approve a naked man to pray in the presence of a woman ...
Ok ...
How do you feel should read the passages of Sodom and Gomorrah then?

Treat the subject with respect ... you say that we should not make fun, well ... not jeer if someone tells the passages of Sodom and Gomorrah recreating the facts ...

(1) (Reply)

Why Most Terrorists Are Muslims. / Omg!! Omg!! Prophet Uebert Angel Miracle Money / Legion Of Mary Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.