Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,968 members, 7,803,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 (8068 Views)

Real Madrid Vs Shakhtar Donetsk: UCL (4 - 0) On 15th September 2015 / Manchester City Vs Juventus : UCL (1 - 2) On 15th September 2015 / QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 1) On 12th April 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by mukina2: 10:44pm On Sep 14, 2012
Mark Hughes has instructed QPR's players to decide for themselves whether to shake John Terry's hand before Saturday's clash with Chelsea at Loftus Road.

The Premier League confirmed in a statement released this afternoon that the pre-match ritual must take place, guaranteeing an uneasy build-up to the highly-charged west London derby.

It will be the first time that Anton Ferdinand and Terry, who has recovered from his ankle injury, will have met on a football pitch since the Chelsea captain's race trial in July.

Terry was found not guilty of using a racial slur against Ferdinand, following an incident in the corresponding fixture last October, but he remains the subject of a Football Association investigation over charges that he denies.

Ferdinand is expected to reject handshakes from Terry and Ashley Cole, who testified as a character witness for his England team-mate at the trial.

How many players will emulate Ferdinand in a display of solidarity within QPR's squad is unknown and Hughes indicated they will make their own decision.

``We've had a discussion with the players but that's between myself and them. We don't have to broadcast that,'' said the QPR manager.

``We'll have to wait and see (if Ferdinand shakes Terry's hand). Everybody has a mind of their own and will make a personal decision.

``It's unfortunate that they're in a situation where it's in the public domain. Anton is fine, there's no problem with him.''

The rift between Ferdinand and Terry threatens to turn the handshake routine, introduced as part of the Football Association's Respect campaign, into a farce.

Should several QPR players also snub Terry or Cole, or both, it could prove embarrassing for the Premier League, who made their decision 24 hours before kick-off.

A Premier League statement read: ``There has been dialogue between the Premier League, Queens Park Rangers and Chelsea in relation to tomorrow's match between the two clubs.

``All parties understand and acknowledge that the pre-match handshake will go ahead as part of the normal pre-match activity.''

Midfielder Samba Diakite is still unavailable for QPR because for personal reasons.

Defender Stephane Mbia is in the treatment room with an unspecified injury sustained on international duty for Cameroon.

Chelsea's Ashley Cole has shaken off an ankle injury. Marko Marin (hamstring) will be forced to wait a little longer for his debut, while manager Roberto Di Matteo must decide whether to continue to rest fellow winger Juan Mata, who was given a complete break during the international window.

Di Matteo urged QPR's players not to boycott the pre-match handshake.

He said: ``Hopefully, everybody will focus on football tomorrow and move on.

``That's the most important aspect. The Premier League is watched all over the world now and we have to set a good positive standard for everyone watching.

``The handshake is just part of that, part of the Respect Campaign. Hopefully, the game will be played in good spirit.``

http://espnfc.com/en/preview/345801/preview.html?soccernet=true&cc=3888
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by chelseabmw(m): 3:03am On Sep 15, 2012
OK, I get it, Anton Ferdinand WILL NOT shake John Terry’s hand tomorrow. FINE! Who cares? God!! this has been mentioned at least 50 times since Wednesday!!!

I bet John Terry’s life will be just DEVASTATED because Ferdinand won’t shake his hand. He’ll just lock himself in a room and drown himself in his tears… sad sad
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by chelseabmw(m): 3:06am On Sep 15, 2012
And I ask the million pounds question; what is in Anton Ferdinand's hand?

2 Likes

Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by martin92(m): 10:08am On Sep 15, 2012
not shaking of fedinand hand wont stop chelsea from defeating them in dia own ground
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by Dodfather(m): 10:12am On Sep 15, 2012
only time will tell but i envisage a situation where ferdinard will not shake hands with the foolish terry
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by jude33084(m): 10:13am On Sep 15, 2012
chelseabmw: And I ask the million pounds question; what is in Anton Ferdinand's hand?

Aton Ferdinand is now acting as ∂ racist we are all accussing JT for. Τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇i§̤̥̈̊ is another way Ť☺ try Ť☺ weigh JT down? undecided I laugh in Edo cheesy

1 Like

Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by timbros(m): 10:14am On Sep 15, 2012
chelseabmw: And I ask the million pounds question; what is in Anton Ferdinand's hand?

Handshake! lol...

But seriously they should all move on! C'mon we are all humans beings and these are matured guys we are talking about here. No disrespect but its women and kids who are known to keep malice for such a long time.
If JT is guilty, he should be punished accordingly but since the court rules "not guilty" (whether the judgement is biased or not) Ferdinand should just move on. Life goes on!
JT will still suffer the repercussion of what he did someday, somehow (assuming he is really guilty)....

Prediction:
QPR 1-3 Chelsea

KTBFFH!

1 Like

Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by jude33084(m): 10:20am On Sep 15, 2012
Dodfather: only time will tell but i envisage a situation where ferdinard will not shake hands with the foolish terry

I think the foolish O̶̲̥̅̊nE̶̲̥̅̊ here is Aton Ferdinand. Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† happened last season why bringing it to τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇i§̤̥̈̊ new season?

If H̲̅€ like H̲̅€ should not join their line up Ŧħåϯ won't change anything Őᵑ τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ pitch wink
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by Generaldeks: 10:22am On Sep 15, 2012
Team Chelsea Fc any day any time. I predict tough match ending 3-1 goals from Lampard(pk), Moses, and Terry for Queens Cisse.
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by Fax2011: 10:41am On Sep 15, 2012
Handshake or no handshake, it wont stop Chelsea from claiming three points, period! grin grin grin
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by alaricsaltzman: 10:51am On Sep 15, 2012
do u guys know ow some1 can watch d live match online cos i wont be chanced but i have unlimited internet access...
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by henrychubayo: 11:06am On Sep 15, 2012
Anything from the england is always different. This is just a mere incident that happened more than 6 months ago and their press keep promoting and putting pressure on it as if the whole world is coming to an end this day. Who cares who shake hand or not in other parts of the world. Infact i have not heard this type of thing of not shaking ones hand in a match and if there was any, it has been buried. Someone should tell the british that their press will do a great harm to their football. Though i guess it may have contributed to the whole world now sees a different and making it interesting which everyone wants to market.
But what i want to point out is that the way J. T hugs drogba, kaluo, essien and mikel doesn't show that he dislike blacks or he is a racist. Infact, john terry might have worked with african players and other black players from other countries more than any past and current english players and that might have caused cole to come to his defence.

1 Like

Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by Akposkool(m): 11:07am On Sep 15, 2012
So what if baba Terry doesnt shake anton's wrinkled hands?ferdinand should stop whining and shut the hell up.i would shake joey barton's hands instead of anton's.well that wouldn't stop the match to be ELNINOUSLY HAZARDOUS.up TERRY
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by searchcorp(m): 11:15am On Sep 15, 2012
alaric saltzman: do u guys know ow some1 can watch d live match online cos i wont be chanced but i have unlimited internet access...

Bros, how did u come about your unlimited internet access.

@post... Chelsea forever. plus, I think Ferdinand will be shaking hands with terry. I mean, why won't he?
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by Eldashab(m): 11:23am On Sep 15, 2012
Mark Hughes is a stupid man & what is even special about Ferdinand hand. I only need 3 points @Loftus road not handshake tinz!
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by ALAREDE: 11:44am On Sep 15, 2012
Finally, Rio has pushed his brother to the brink of destruction. He is the man behind all these fuse.And at the centre of it, is the issue of Captainship. This is all my wacked opinion and 'it is without prejudice'.
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by CLIQBOY(m): 11:51am On Sep 15, 2012
alaric saltzman: do u guys know ow some1 can watch d live match online cos i wont be chanced but i have unlimited internet access...
check http://www.watchfomny.com/
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by CLIQBOY(m): 11:53am On Sep 15, 2012
Akposkool: So what if baba Terry doesnt shake anton's wrinkled hands?ferdinand should stop whining and shut the hell up.i would shake joey barton's hands instead of anton's.well that wouldn't stop the match to be ELNINOUSLY HAZARDOUS.up TERRY
no forget MATASIOUS OR LAMPARDING OR MOSESNISM
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by CLIQBOY(m): 11:55am On Sep 15, 2012
ALAREDE: Finally, Rio has pushed his brother to the brink of destruction. He is the man behind all these fuse.And at the centre of it, is the issue of Captainship. This is all my wacked opinion and 'it is without prejudice'.
no mind those wretched family..ferdinard can neva captain england again
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by ABAKA72(m): 12:35pm On Sep 15, 2012
martin92: not shaking of fedinand hand wont stop chelsea from defeating them in dia own ground
Like they did against Atletico Madrid. UP FALCAO. He! He!! He!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by ABAKA72(m): 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2012
timbros:

Handshake! lol...

But seriously they should all move on! C'mon we are all humans beings and these are matured guys we are talking about here. No disrespect but its women and kids who are known to keep malice for such a long time.
If JT is guilty, he should be punished accordingly but since the court rules "not guilty" (whether the judgement is biased or not) Ferdinand should just move on. Life goes on!
JT will still suffer the repercussion of what he did someday, somehow (assuming he is really guilty)....

Prediction:
QPR 1-3 Chelsea Up FALCAO grin grin grin

KTBFFH!
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by ABAKA72(m): 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2012
Fax2011: Handshake or no handshake, it wont stop Chelsea from claiming three points, period! grin grin grin
Have they recovered from the Atletico hangover. FALCAO! FALCAO!! ; all the way. grin
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by ABAKA72(m): 12:45pm On Sep 15, 2012
searchcorp:

Bros, how did u come about your unlimited internet access.

@post... Chelsea forever. plus, I think Ferdinand will be shaking hands with terry. I mean, why won't he?
No because Terry has not care to apologize.
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by Sheguama: 12:48pm On Sep 15, 2012
The John I know is too strong a character to be daunted by this tiny little fella's hand. In short his master Hughes will be put to shame as d Don himself (Oga JT) will snatch a goal in d impending doom dat awaits b4 their fans at Loftus Rd. I pity the fans because they will go home with pains today. Final score 1-4.
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by rabonni(m): 12:49pm On Sep 15, 2012
please note am predicting but as a prophet i am telling about the game......i see QPR 1-----Chelsea 1' then i see a black man score to put chelsea in front......listen please before u say anytin wait till you watch the match...because if you insult me i will lay cos on u....if u re into betting bet it....by next week i know you guys will look for me...prophet rabonni
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by ABAKA72(m): 12:56pm On Sep 15, 2012
CLIQBOY: no mind those wretched family..ferdinard can neva captain england again
If that millionaire family classified as wretched, then relatively what will your family be? church rats, just saying
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by timbros(m): 1:21pm On Sep 15, 2012
@ABAKA72

Please next time, dont modify my post. You can quote me and comment but dont modify my post again. Thank you
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by ABAKA72(m): 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2012
timbros: @ABAKA72

Please next time, dont modify my post. You can quote me and comment but dont modify my post again. Thank you
sorry, that was a mistake, it wont happen again, cheers.
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by Dignitygab(m): 1:26pm On Sep 15, 2012
grin shake or no shake terry will still defeat
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by geniushyke(m): 1:27pm On Sep 15, 2012
ABAKA72: Have they recovered from the Atletico hangover. FALCAO! FALCAO!! ; all the way. grin
Pls mind the way u address the european champion>>>
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by CLIQBOY(m): 1:40pm On Sep 15, 2012
ABAKA72: If that millionaire family classified as wretched, then relatively what will your family be? church rats, just saying
hey dude hope u are not stùpid..by saying wretched i did not mean they poor...i only meant jealousy want to kill dem and dey are now against JT
Re: QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 15th September 2012 by timbros(m): 1:44pm On Sep 15, 2012
ABAKA72: sorry, that was a mistake, it wont happen again, cheers.

No worries

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach / Coppa Italia Final: Juventus Vs Napoli (0 - 2) On 20th May 2012 / - The Predictors League 2011/2012!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.