Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1819018 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (904) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by codedmelvin(m): 1:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
Gideon16: .nice meeting u here.congratulations on ur admission.re u on whatsapp?
yeap 08032249916 bbm:79aa40a3 team:MBBS
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
Gideon16: I'm highly greatful.nice meeting u sir.u re a student of UI I guess?
Yes. I am. smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2014
Aladelokun: To Everyone. Please, i want your advice about this pathetic situation. Actually, i was admitted to study medicine and surgery in Ekiti State University in 2012(medicine is the only department in the college for now) and for the past four years, there was no accreditation, it is always story story that even some of my mate took jamb and successfully admitted into other school to pursue mbbs. The worst is even the 300 level-A student that were admitted in 2009 but were unable to proceed for clinical at EKSUTH,(i don't know may be this is true that the Provost told them to go and start planting cocoa) now we have 300 level-A ,B and the present now 200 level just promoted to 300 level -C. Infact, my friend told me on friday that the EKSU MEDICAL STUDENT ASS. vice president, 300 level-A was just admitted to study denstitry in OAU(200 level)At the college, we have physiology, anatomy, medical library complex(which is the best in Nigeria) also under construction pharmacology and medical biochemistry building. NOTE: this building are just too beautiful. and what always pain me most is that virtually all medicine study are very(very) brillant not to talk of those that should be in clinical now but remain dormant. Infact, they don't come for classes again. Please, now to be proud, i know am brillant infact, i had the best GPA among my mates last semester. What can i do? now that jamb is around the corner, though i graduated from one of the FSTC in 2011. Please, great medics what can i do, after two years in 100 level, because, here there is always incessant internal strikes. Please ADVICE me as your elder younger BROTHER.... Thanks.
Hi. Try and pick up Jamb form next year. It's not a bad thing to have a contingency plan.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
DrHesjay:
Oluafolabi is d right man to answer the question...
I believe he will reply when he sees d mention
Thank you for the mention bro.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aladelokun: 1:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
Profcamsey: en! See gobe oh. Na my bch I dey jeje 4 eksu oh goin to 300. Afta searchn 4 admission in oda skul come make me swicth to Eksu med. Just admitted to 100level. I tot d 300A are to start mock exam soon and the skul is waiting 4 d accreditation team. *I heard tho
Yea bro, about the mock exam, they have started but the accreditation requires fasting and prayer. Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aladelokun: 1:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
Profcamsey: en! See gobe oh. Na my bch I dey jeje 4 eksu oh goin to 300. Afta searchn 4 admission in oda skul come make me swicth to Eksu med. Just admitted to 100level. I tot d 300A are to start mock exam soon and the skul is waiting 4 d accreditation team. *I heard tho
Yea bro, about the mock exam, they have started but the accreditation requires fasting and prayer. Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by adegwurulez(m): 2:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
Aladelokun: Yea bro, about the mock exam, they have started but the accreditation requires fasting and prayer. Thanks
BSU had same problem but the medical students made the government house their home. By so doing, the politicians got tired of seeing them and fastracked the accreditation
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 2:49pm On Sep 21, 2014
jenbruce09: sir Tonye pls what year did u finish from port? N how many years does it take to study physiology??

Hello,

Officially, I finished December, 2012.

At Uniport, B. Sc Human Physiology is a. 4 years program..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Chartey(m): 3:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
This is to those who want to study medicine. The school you choose is very very important. It's not just about the school getting accredited, it's much more about the quality of the teaching hospital. You don't want to graduate, go to another teaching hospital as a house officer and suddenly realize you still have a lot to learn to catch up with your mates from other schools. We are already disadvantaged in this country. Our counterparts in other countries eat chicken while we eat toads, but if you must eat a toad, please eat a fat and juicy one.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ahmadjr(m): 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
lomaxx:

My cumulative sleep time is 5 - 7 hours daily. I take napping seriously.

Evening Dr Lomaxx, hope your day wasn't dreary
at all. I've got a question.
Pls did you ever get schorlarship(s) during your
time in medical school 100l or higher? Would
really appreciate it if you can type out the
procedures you used, if u did get scholarship that
is. Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jozeph1(m): 3:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
Grey's anatomy(no.1 medical movie)
2 House
3 ER
watch those medical movies, you'll yearn to save lives and the fun in being a med students, intern,resident,and a surgeon
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 4:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
Chartey: This is to those who want to study medicine. The school you choose is very very important. It's not just about the school getting accredited, it's much more about the quality of the teaching hospital. You don't want to graduate, go to another teaching hospital as a house officer and suddenly realize you still have a lot to learn to catch up with your mates from other schools. We are already disadvantaged in this country. Our counterparts in other countries eat chicken while we eat toads, but if you must eat a toad, please eat a fat and juicy one.
can u enlist little number of those schools u could recommend and those u woudnt
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Chartey(m): 5:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
Doclight: can u enlist little number of those schools u could recommend and those u woudnt
I can only vouch for ABU. Only 1 or 2 schools can match ABU generally and ABUTH particularly in terms of infrastructure. I've also been in Unilorin and I can say it's also good. I don't know for any other school. Get as much info from people in the school who you know can give you objective opinions on its standard.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hello, Xavier reporting.

Just got admission into UI for dentistry, willing to learn from guys here.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 5:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ahmadjr:

Evening Dr Lomaxx, hope your day wasn't dreary
at all. I've got a question.
Pls did you ever get schorlarship(s) during your
time in medical school 100l or higher? Would
really appreciate it if you can type out the
procedures you used, if u did get scholarship that
is. Thanks

Every scholarship has its own application guidelines. I didn't have a special procedure. I did what everybody did.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bethedoski(m): 6:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
TONYE001:

You have said it all. It's the bitter truth.

Yea, I still want Medicine. Right now, I'm giving Medicine a hot chase and when I'm done, I shall put together my experience and publish it here on Nairaland.

yeah pls do. 'cos am not ready to waste any time at all. Here, the best 10 100lvl physiology students(with high g.p) are ported to medicine. I have began studying in earnest and i advice others to do so.
If u don't mind sir, i would love to to have ur whatsapp or any other social contacts. Mine is 08138888030. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ahmadjr(m): 6:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
lomaxx:

Every scholarship has its own application guidelines. I didn't have a special procedure. I did what everybody did.

...And what is it that everybody did? pls don't mind
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jenbruce09(m): 7:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
TONYE001:

Hello,

Officially, I finished December, 2012.

At Uniport, B. Sc Human Physiology is a. 4 years program..
it's cool.. but I have other medical linked questions for you. Uniport aspirant as I would say. if you don't mind,pls drop any means by which I can get to u pls. tnkx

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Edunews: 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
TONYE001:

You have said it all. It's the bitter truth.

Yea, I still want Medicine. Right now, I'm giving Medicine a hot chase and when I'm done, I shall put together my experience and publish it here on Nairaland.

Known as Obasi. D. C. Chinedu, I am A Student Of The College Of Medicine of A Nigerian University.

I sought Admission for Medicine For 5 Years. In those 5 years, I had 8 Admissions including Microbiology(OAU), Microbiology(UNN), Biochemistry, Biochemistry/Botany, Electronics Engineering, Statistics, etc. I wasn't interested in any of these courses, as I had my focus, passion and ambition, and the rule for me is quite simple.

"If its not what you want, Nothing else would do"- Obasi. D. C. Chinedu.

I left the University twice(Biochem/Bot, and MCB courses with G.P.A of 4.7 after 2 years) partly because I wasn't finding any of them interesting, and partly because I love some other programme, and my heart was not in the course. Most of my colleagues are currently working, some in their NYSC programmes and a few others rewriting a failed course, and here I am still happily in school after 7 years, but to me, "The Happiness is all that matters".

I assist Nigerian students gain admission at various courses, whereas, I myself am finding it difficult in these aspect.

I Live by the princlple that, "If You don't stop trying, you haven't failed yet".

Today, am happily a student of Medicine and Surgery, in a Nigerian University, and my happiness knows no bounds as I can calmly settle down and study my Anatomy and Physiology Textbooks from India and prepare for my MB's, rather than stress my minds with some irrelevant Analytical Chemistry, Computer science and statistics courses.

To me, there are 3 kinds of Admission seekers, those who seek admission to a particular course, those who just seek University/Polytechnic/college admission, and those who just want to study, regardless of the institution.

My Advice for all admission seekers is that you continue in your pursuit for glory, and ensure that you get that PARTICULAR course that you want regardless of how long it takes. If you keep getting other courses, be in school and continue seeking admission for your dream programme.

Remember, 20 years from now, you would be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by those you did and failed, especially when you see your friends all enjoying their Jobs, and you are frustrated with a path you didn't choose, nor like, so get up from that bed, and go get a new JAMB form. It costs only N5,000 + 2 months of intensive reading, but might be the best decision you have ever made.

"Never Give Up, Keep The Faith, and See The Reality Of Your Visions"- Obasi. D. C. Chinedu // MBBS

By Obasi. D. C. Chinedu in "The Path Less Taken, The story of our Agony" on www.obasichinedu.com

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ikemsinachi(m): 8:49pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ahmadjr:

plz try to send me a mail via: ugohikem@gmail.com
we need to talk. remain blessed n happy Sunday.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 8:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ahmadjr:

The regular application procedure. The circular for the scholarship carries the instructions.

I don't know how things are done these days but what used to set my application apart was my O levels and my performance at the interview.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 9:12pm On Sep 21, 2014
bethedoski:
yeah pls do. 'cos am not ready to waste any time at all. Here, the best 10 100lvl physiology students(with high g.p) are ported to medicine. I have began studying in earnest and i advice others to do so.
If u don't mind sir, i would love to to have ur whatsapp or any other social contacts. Mine is 08138888030. Thanks.

Thanks, brother, for encouraging me.

I wish you the very best Sir. It's possible, it's achievable. Go for it, put in your very best. As I always urge students, study because you SHOULD study and not because of an event (interview, exam, etc). If we make reading a habit, success would be an everyday tale!

I had the same plan too. In my time, a CGPA of 4.0/5.0 was the requirement to switch to MBBS/Dentistry at the end of thr 100 Level, I didn't make it. I shifted to Plan B which was making a 2-1 and then transfering to MBBS/Dentistry (to begin from Year 3 if it's the same school). When we got to Year 2, Uniport had an issue with their MBBS program (overpopulation). This almost cost them their accreditation. Consequently, they shut down all transfer options to MBBS (I think they didn't accept JAMB MBBS applicants too).

I graduated with a 2-1; as God would have it, I was the 6th in a class of 140-150. Presently, I'm rounding up my Youth Service (would be done by October)...and I still have some MBBS possibilities on my table.

Again, success to you and every other person in your shoes. We shall hear your testimonies..

... smiley

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ahmadjr(m): 9:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
lomaxx:

The regular application procedure. The circular for the scholarship carries the instructions.

I don't know how things are done these days but what used to set my application apart was my O levels and my performance at the interview.

Okay, thanks. I'm guessing your O levels was filled with distinctions?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 9:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
jenbruce09: it's cool.. but I have other medical linked questions for you. Uniport aspirant as I would say. if you don't mind,pls drop any means by which I can get to u pls. tnkx

I think if you have questions to ask, it's better you drop them here so as to get answers from different perspectives. If you insist, here is my mail address:

Thanks.. smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 9:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ahmadjr:

Okay, thanks. I'm guessing your O levels was filled with distinctions?

As God would have it.

These days, I think your performance at the interview is much more important.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 9:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
smiley
Edunews:

Known as Obasi. D. C. Chinedu, I am A Student Of The College Of Medicine of A Nigerian University.

I sought Admission for Medicine For 5 Years. In those 5 years, I had 8 Admissions including Microbiology(OAU), Microbiology(UNN), Biochemistry, Biochemistry/Botany, Electronics Engineering, Statistics, etc. I wasn't interested in any of these courses, as I had my focus, passion and ambition, and the rule for me is quite simple.

"If its not what you want, Nothing else would do"- Obasi. D. C. Chinedu.

I left the University twice(Biochem/Bot, and MCB courses with G.P.A of 4.7 after 2 years) partly because I wasn't finding any of them interesting, and partly because I love some other programme, and my heart was not in the course. Most of my colleagues are currently working, some in their NYSC programmes and a few others rewriting a failed course, and here I am still happily in school after 7 years, but to me, "The Happiness is all that matters".

I assist Nigerian students gain admission at various courses, whereas, I myself am finding it difficult in these aspect.

I Live by the princlple that, "If You don't stop trying, you haven't failed yet".

Today, am happily a student of Medicine and Surgery, in a Nigerian University, and my happiness knows no bounds as I can calmly settle down and study my Anatomy and Physiology Textbooks from India and prepare for my MB's, rather than stress my minds with some irrelevant Analytical Chemistry, Computer science and statistics courses.

To me, there are 3 kinds of Admission seekers, those who seek admission to a particular course, those who just seek University/Polytechnic/college admission, and those who just want to study, regardless of the institution.

My Advice for all admission seekers is that you continue in your pursuit for glory, and ensure that you get that PARTICULAR course that you want regardless of how long it takes. If you keep getting other courses, be in school and continue seeking admission for your dream programme.

Remember, 20 years from now, you would be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by those you did and failed, especially when you see your friends all enjoying their Jobs, and you are frustrated with a path you didn't choose, nor like, so get up from that bed, and go get a new JAMB form. It costs only N5,000 + 2 months of intensive reading, but might be the best decision you have ever made.

"Never Give Up, Keep The Faith, and See The Reality Of Your Visions"- Obasi. D. C. Chinedu // MBBS

By Obasi. D. C. Chinedu in "The Path Less Taken, The story of our Agony" on www.obasichinedu.com

That's a good one brother. Thanks...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
Aladelokun: To Everyone. Please, i want your advice about this pathetic situation. Actually, i was admitted to study medicine and surgery in Ekiti State University in 2012(medicine is the only department in the college for now) and for the past four years, there was no accreditation, it is always story story that even some of my mate took jamb and successfully admitted into other school to pursue mbbs. The worst is even the 300 level-A student that were admitted in 2009 but were unable to proceed for clinical at EKSUTH,(i don't know may be this is true that the Provost told them to go and start planting cocoa) now we have 300 level-A ,B and the present now 200 level just promoted to 300 level -C. Infact, my friend told me on friday that the EKSU MEDICAL STUDENT ASS. vice president, 300 level-A was just admitted to study denstitry in OAU(200 level)At the college, we have physiology, anatomy, medical library complex(which is the best in Nigeria) also under construction pharmacology and medical biochemistry building. NOTE: this building are just too beautiful. and what always pain me most is that virtually all medicine study are very(very) brillant not to talk of those that should be in clinical now but remain dormant. Infact, they don't come for classes again. Please, now What can i do? now that jamb is around the corner. Please, great medics what can i do, after two years in 100 level, because, here there is always incessant internal strikes. Please ADVICE me as your elder younger BROTHER.... Thanks.

Hi! Compelled to log in after reading dis. Bro, better late dan neva! Get a plan B and move on with ur pre-clinicals. It wud be fallacious to c a baby state med skul with speedy accreditation. In restropect, it took a stretch of at least 6 years to get d full acc in most archaic med skuls cos d burdens re legions . D pioneers always bear dat lingering years of medical study in a nascent med skul- a fact.

U re smart doc to be, u'd be smarter if u decide and not pick with d choices u av. Remember d joy of knowing d exact year u become a certified medic, barring all reseats, instead of counting and still counting years fraught with probability aptitude. I was in d Eksucom wit u, we were friends ; u knew y nd when I left with Oau and UI at my disposal.

Using dis opportunity to thank everyone who advised me on not getting chuffed with my status few moons ago when i asked a question like dis.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Babafaros(m): 12:51am On Sep 22, 2014
AmbFitsaint:

Hi! Compelled to log in after reading dis. Bro, better late dan neva! Get a plan B and move on with ur pre-clinicals. It wud be fallacious to c a baby state med skul with speedy accreditation. In restropect, it took a stretch of at least 6 years to get d full acc in most archaic med skuls cos d burdens re legions . D pioneers always bear dat lingering years of medical study in a nascent med skul- a fact.

U re smart doc to be, u'd be smarter if u decide and not pick with d choices u av. Remember d joy of knowing d exact year u become a certified medic, barring all reseats, instead of counting and still counting years fraught with probability aptitude. I was in d Eksucom wit u, we were friends ; u knew y nd when I left with Oau and UI at my disposal.

Using dis opportunity to thank everyone who advised me on not getting chuffed with my status few moons ago when i asked a question like dis.
hmmmm
Dr.Vincent,
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Benjaminbest(m): 4:26am On Sep 22, 2014
check dis out
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gideon16(m): 5:53am On Sep 22, 2014
oluafolabi: Yes. I am. smiley
.OK.pls cn I add u on whatsapp?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aladelokun: 7:00am On Sep 22, 2014
AmbFitsaint:

Vincent, how are doing over there in UI. Infact, have really missed you and i really appreciate the way you escape from Eksu. Anyway, i will try to give you a call. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (904) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.