Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1822332 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mcslize: 4:35am On Dec 08, 2014
simba1:
Ok u meant strike inclusive?

Not just strike alone. MBBS has herculean syllabus. A very tedious type of syllabus. And I guess some levels take longer time duration to conclude. Especially 3 & 400level. i stand to be corrected tho
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mcslize: 4:46am On Dec 08, 2014
simba1:
PLS IS IT POSSIBLE TO CROSS FROM DENTISTRY TO MED? UNN PRECISELY

Why the crossing in the first place? They are the same and related. It is during 500level that BDS students focus more on their area of calling. They all do the same rotation and all that. Don't waste time to be thinking of hw to cross frm Dentistry. Cuz there is no essence. BDS can do everytin MBBS can do cuz they are like brother and sister , Nephew and Niece, and Uncle and Aunty.
Salary wise, they have the same salary structure. In Abroad Dental Doc work is as flexible as anything with a working hours of 37hrs per week. To me if u are already in BDS no need of crossing.

7 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by toydgirl: 11:13am On Dec 08, 2014
Lagusta,your diary is really interesting.We need more of it
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by toydgirl: 11:14am On Dec 08, 2014
Lagusta,your diary is really interesting.We need more of it please
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Emmafe(m): 1:34pm On Dec 08, 2014
[color=#000099][/color] OAU launch a new communication medium for her Degree,Pre-degree,Graduate and Aspirant who needs information about the school admission and enlightenment.
Click the link for more information https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1039535959395247&id=1021156031233240
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 3:56pm On Dec 08, 2014
Tell them o......Dentistry is medicine alike

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by musty001: 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2014
muta1996:

thanks bro.....pls is it normal utme subj comb dat dey use to ask in putme
yap
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:35am On Dec 10, 2014
Please, how is hierarchy like in your medical schools among the students. I'm a medical student in 3rd year

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tappingal: 1:57am On Dec 10, 2014
[img][/img]
Ghyft:
low chances of getting a job? I was thinking that it would be high due to the few number of Universities offering admission for the course?

Yes for now but I'm positive and hopeful that things would have changed before you graduate by God's grace.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by upros(m): 9:12am On Dec 10, 2014
All Nigerian Dentistry students willing to join
Nigerian Dentistry Group on whatsapp should
please, kindly add this phone number 07083422761.
Thanks...........
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Emmafe(m): 3:57pm On Dec 10, 2014
For Oau aspirants

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by fedon1(m): 10:15am On Dec 11, 2014
Please where can I download fields virology by knipe sixth edition
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tswagg007(m): 6:22pm On Dec 11, 2014
Hi everyone,plz m currently studying anatomy buh I turn out nt 2 like d course...wana study medicine buh it has been suspended in my uni,can I still study medicine in another uni tru direct entry after I might ave been tru with anatomy? How easy is it? Someone should plz put me through...thankssss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tswagg007(m): 6:32pm On Dec 11, 2014
is there anybody here that got admitted into medicine through direct entry route? How was it like? Must u start frm 200l or 300l?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ikevin(m): 6:52pm On Dec 11, 2014
tswagg007:
Hi everyone,plz m currently studying anatomy buh I turn out nt 2 like d course...wana study medicine buh it has been suspended in my uni,can I still study medicine in another uni tru direct entry after I might ave been tru with anatomy? How easy is it? Someone should plz put me through...thankssss
definitely, you can. Pass out with at least a 2:1, and have make all your O-levels in one sitting, study O-level phy, chem, bio, maths n Eng for d direct-entry exam. You start from 200L medical sch.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tswagg007(m): 7:32pm On Dec 11, 2014
ikevin:
definitely, you can. Pass out with at least a 2:1, and have make all your O-levels in one sitting, study O-level phy, chem, bio, maths n Eng for d direct-entry exam. You start from 200L medical sch.
thanks bro,den how many yrs left,m 18 now...can I ave ur pin pls
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ikevin(m): 8:24pm On Dec 11, 2014
tswagg007:
thanks bro,den how many yrs left,m 18 now...can I ave ur pin pls
how many years left uhn!! I am a B.Sc biochemistry graduate, I have served, now I am studying medicine, 5 years. I prefer whatsapp-08174192606

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by haybhie: 2:07am On Dec 12, 2014
Men I love everythinq in here especially the people. Encoraqinq.
#hope-revived
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Brannyslim: 8:29am On Dec 12, 2014
it is cool here.....m a final year biochemistry student(in my last semester) and also 100L medical student (just admitted tho)....u guys r really doing a great work over here....browsed tru almost all d pages. really interesting...looking forward to seeing and contributing to d thread.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Brannyslim: 8:29am On Dec 12, 2014
it is cool here.....m a final year biochemistry student(in my last semester) and also 100L medical student (just admitted tho)....u guys r really doing a great work over here....browsed tru almost all d pages. really interesting...looking forward to seeing and contributing to d thread. ;Dit is cool here.....m a final year biochemistry student(in my last semester) and also 100L medical student (just admitted tho)....u guys r really doing a great work over here....browsed tru almost all d pages. really interesting...looking forward to seeing and contributing to d thread.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by starbeeey(m): 8:39am On Dec 12, 2014
Pls o am a Student of Science laboratory tech in polytechnicnd after my ND I wish to study medicine nd surgery pls Is it possible. Pls I nid gud reply
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sagaciousblog: 3:45pm On Dec 12, 2014
Goodday to everyone,
pls I would sir lomaxx or anyone here to enlighten me if its possibe to do a residency in the US immediately after graduation. Thanks!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 6:02pm On Dec 12, 2014
starbeeey:
Pls o am a Student of Science laboratory tech in polytechnicnd after my ND I wish to study medicine nd surgery pls Is it possible. Pls I nid gud reply
Nope u must hv a minimum of Bsc. to qualify for D.E for medicine, pharmacy, nursing, dentistry. bt u can go for med. lab., optometry, med. rehab., radiography etc
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Chartey(m): 5:39am On Dec 13, 2014
Dr Lomaxx, we go fight o!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 9:21am On Dec 13, 2014
Chartey:
Dr Lomaxx, we go fight o!

I don send am.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 13, 2014
hi, pls i applied 4 medsurg @ unilorin bt was gvn mcb. Pls advice me on wat 2 do - to re-apply now tru utme or re-apply tru DE afta graduation.
To bro. Lagusta, u r doin a wonderful job here. Keep it up.#Qiewz
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 9:32am On Dec 13, 2014
sagaciousblog:
Goodday to everyone,
pls I would sir lomaxx or anyone here to enlighten me if its possibe to do a residency in the US immediately after graduation. Thanks!

It is possible. In fact, the sooner you do your US residency after school, the easier it is to get in. One should aim to have a maximum of 3 years post-graduation while applying. I studied the stats for the 2014 match and I discovered that most program directors

For Nigeria, our graduation is after you've finished housemanship - not after you take your oath. I just wanted to make that clear for you and every other person.

You can also benefit from the 'doctors guide to overseas training' by dropping ur mail if you do not already have it.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 9:34am On Dec 13, 2014
Qiewz11:
hi, pls i applied 4 medsurg @ unilorin bt was gvn mcb. Pls advice me on wat 2 do - to re-apply now tru utme or re-apply tru DE afta graduation.
To bro. Lagusta, u r doin a wonderful job here. Keep it up.#Qiewz

Anyone you choose is fine. The second path is longer but sure if you have at least a 2.1. The first path is less probable and you must be a fighter to get in.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 9:54am On Dec 13, 2014
lomaxx:

It is possible. In fact, the sooner you do your US residency after school, the easier it is to get in. One should aim to have a maximum of 3 years post-graduation while applying. I studied the stats for the 2014 match and I discovered that most program directors

For Nigeria, our graduation is after you've finished housemanship - not after you take your oath. I just wanted to make that clear for you and every other person.

You can also benefit from the 'doctors guide to overseas training' by dropping ur mail if you do not already have it.
kelechi. uc @gmail
com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ikevin(m): 10:39am On Dec 13, 2014
lomaxx:

do send the guide to by mail(chinedukevin125@gmail.com), I would really appreciate it, pls can I have ur whatsapp contact, I have other questions I would love to be clear about before passing out of medical school, mine is 08174192606. Thanks a lot bro
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by teeyford(m): 10:54am On Dec 13, 2014
Ghyft:
okay....thanks
anty pls in which school are u studying physiotherapy?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ghyft(f): 11:00am On Dec 13, 2014
teeyford:
anty pls in which school are u studying physiotherapy?
Uniben

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.