Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,924 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:35 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1807007 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (903) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 12:54am On Jan 24, 2015
sagaciousblog:
it depends on one's choice of residency but on average 6-8yrs i.e housemanship and youth service included..
what is the time length for consultancy in surgery from housemanship through residency to consultancy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:14am On Jan 24, 2015
whizbrain:
PLEASE HELP ME ANSU THESE QUESTIONS dr Lomax and others

1.A boy was attacked by a mob and in defence raised his hand and was stabbed on the flexor retinaculum (anterior forearm).He realized that he has lost sensation in the thenar region. Which nerve was damaged?In order to check the extent of the damage, he realized he can still oppose the thumb. This confirmed his diagnosis to be what?

2.From the first question, if there was loss of adduction of the thumb, which nerve is assumed to be damaged. In order to confirm his assumption, he should check for sensation in which of the finger?
1. Damage to the median nerve.
Note that APL(radial nerve) and adductor pollicis(ulnar nerve) can imitate opposition
2. Inability to adduct the thumb is due to damage to the ulnar nerve which innervates the adductor pollicis.
Check for sensation on the 4th and 5th finger

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 7:13am On Jan 24, 2015
shegestiga:
hello Dr. Lomaxx......i just gained admission to study mbbs bt with d way pple badmouthed d course dat its only 4 extraordinary brilliant pple i began to doubt my abilities.......plz cn an average student like me eva b successful in medical schl....m kinda nervous
U're in medicine. Nothing else matters but coming out and coming out as a medical doctor. Browse about "advice for medical students" on Google. Nobody will ever tell u to be brilliant not to talk of extraordinarily brilliant. U've just got to b able to sit down and read ur books. U've got to work hard and work smart. When u don't seem to b following up, ask for help and don't b ashamed. Don't look down on urself but aim high. And when u become the best graduating doctor in ur school, remember Thewhizzkid1.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 10:31am On Jan 24, 2015
shegestiga:
hello Dr. Lomaxx......i just gained admission to study mbbs bt with d way pple badmouthed d course dat its only 4 extraordinary brilliant pple i began to doubt my abilities.......plz cn an average student like me eva b successful in medical schl....m kinda nervous

The scariest thing in the world is thinking that your best won't be enough to get you where you want to be in life. Retrospectively, most of the the 'baddest brains' I was admitted with either repeated a class or were withdrawn.

Medicine is not even about your abilities. The really good guys failed because they felt they have 'abilities'. The average students felt they had no abilities and decided to study hard. Fast forward to years later, hardwork is still paying off.

I say this without mincing words Hardwork IS everything.

9 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SegunFlames(m): 10:40am On Jan 24, 2015
shegestiga:

You've heard the bosses.

Go in and prove to the world IT WAS WRONG!!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by evergreen101010: 11:02am On Jan 24, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

U're in medicine. Nothing else matters but coming out and coming out as a medical doctor. Browse about "advice for medical students" on Google. Nobody will ever tell u to be brilliant not to talk of extraordinarily brilliant. U've just got to b able to sit down and read ur books. U've got to work hard and work smart. When u don't seem to b following up, ask for help and don't b ashamed. Don't look down on urself but aim high. And when u become the best graduating doctor in ur school, remember Thewhizzkid1.
wow i'm greatly inspired by this piece.reading through dis text made me think am reading 'gifted hands' by Dr.Carson

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dharmelorlarh(f): 2:33pm On Jan 24, 2015
I am a aspirants of unilag. I wnt 2 study nursing n nursing science. Wat ar d tinz I av 2 do in order 2 gain admission into unilag.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 4:09pm On Jan 24, 2015
READ! Read!! READ!!!
dharmelorlarh:
I am a aspirants of unilag. I wnt 2 study nursing n nursing science. Wat ar d tinz I av 2 do in order 2 gain admission into unilag.
at bolded learn to avoid mistakes, cos in nursing, it's not an option!

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by shegestiga(m): 4:56pm On Jan 24, 2015
thank you all @ Dr. Lomaxx,segunflames and others.....m really greatful 4 ur contributions 2wards my academic success......@thewhizzkid..ur piece changed my thinking,my mentality.... I promise to work 2wards achieving dat goal.....I WONT LET U DOWN

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 5:00pm On Jan 24, 2015
shegestiga:
thank you all @ Dr. Lomaxx,segunflames and others.....m really greatful 4 ur contributions 2wards my academic success......@thewhizzkid..ur piece changed my thinking,my mentality.... I promise to work 2wards achieving dat goal.....I WONT LET U DOWN
Nice one bro. Dat's d spirit. Wish u success.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 12:20am On Jan 25, 2015
How are u all? It's been a while. How's studies? May God crown your efforts!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 25, 2015
DrBode:

Note that APL(radial nerve) and adductor pollicis(ulnar nerve) can imitate opposition
2. Inability to adduct the thumb is due to damage to the ulnar nerve which innervates the adductor pollicis.
Dr Bode Thanks a lot
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 25, 2015
DrBode:

Dr.bode u r in what level sir? i also rep med/surg oau 200l fresher
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 10:57am On Jan 25, 2015
esharp:
i'm in oau too buh i'm in mcb... You got in through d.e right?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 25, 2015
Gbsks:
i'm in oau too buh i'm in mcb... You got in through d.e right?
yes bro! Alevel precisely!! r u plannimg to cross sir?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 12:30pm On Jan 25, 2015
esharp:
yes by God's grace, and i'm writing utme too. BTW how much did it cost you to write the A levels ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 25, 2015
Gbsks:
yes by God's grace, and i'm writing utme too. BTW how much did it cost you to write the A levels ?
depends on ur centre! i did mine at Eac Ibadan! can we talk on bbm/whatsapp? drop ur functional no/pin sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 12:42pm On Jan 25, 2015
esharp:
depends on ur centre! i did mine at Eac Ibadan! can we talk on bbm/whatsapp? drop ur functional no/pin sir
ahw.. I'm nt on bbm and whatsapp for now. I misplaced my phone and the one i'm using now can't whatsapp, buh i'm getting a new one by nxt week sha.. Buh you can give me your bbm or whatsapp handle so that we can chat as soon as i get a new phone
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 2:42pm On Jan 25, 2015
Oau accept A level for med?
esharp:
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 2:44pm On Jan 25, 2015
Oau accept A level for med?
esharp:
what was ur total points?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ExcessKJ(m): 6:07pm On Jan 25, 2015
MCDN and NUC visited Ekiti State University college of medicine for accrediation purpose. We pray for a good result in Jesus Name, amen.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Penboy: 7:07pm On Jan 25, 2015
esharp:
lolz, 200l? You not a fresher bro.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 25, 2015
Penboy:
lolz, 200l? You not a fresher bro.

Direct entry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 25, 2015
Doclight:
Oau accept A level for med? what was ur total points?
14pts only abt 7peeps were admitted! They do buh d quota z low
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Penboy: 11:56pm On Jan 25, 2015
esharp:
Direct entry
oh, I see. Have you resumed already or about to?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aypoppin(m): 4:44am On Jan 26, 2015
Rivers in medicine
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 26, 2015
Penboy:
oh, I see. Have you resumed already or about to?
just admitted in oau lyk u c"mon bro!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Penboy: 11:48am On Jan 26, 2015
esharp:
just admitted in oau lyk u c"mon bro!
oh esharp! Is this you?! Sorry i dint notice. cheesy

how are you coping with home na?
May 3 no be joke ooo.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by amii131(f): 11:50am On Jan 26, 2015
please friends were could be a better hospital to serve and get paid well during nysc in lagos,i studied pharmacology& therapeutics.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 26, 2015
Penboy:
oh esharp! Is this you?! Sorry i dint notice. cheesy

how are you coping with home na?
May 3 no be joke ooo.
fyn fyn sir!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 26, 2015
I am an aspirant who want to study medicine in BSU but they are 2 diffrent rumours am hearing; 1 they said they havn't accredit medicine in bsu while others are saying they have accredit it.can anybody tell me da truth please?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IkembaCMD(m): 9:09pm On Jan 26, 2015
shegestiga:

The only thing you have to Fear is nothing...
Medicine is for the consistent not the Champion of History

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (903) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.