Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1822517 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mubarak1(m): 12:13am On Jan 27, 2015
Great Docs and Med Students I great u all, I sat for jamb and post utme last year I got 204points and I was giving MCB in Usman Danfodio University, Sokoto. I really want 2 study medicine that's y I defer the admission and bought Danfodio Sokoto matric(Remedial Course) form, Thank God I have been admitted, Pls what method of studying should i use and how will i make it in Matric. Docs and Docs 2 b, Please Pray help and advice me on how to achieve my goal of becoming a doctor am 18, School will commence by March.Thank U.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fabzgrace(f): 10:09am On Jan 27, 2015
hi medics in d house, can sum1 pls kindly refer me to where i'd be able to download the soft copy of books in physiology and anatomy tnks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 4:32pm On Jan 27, 2015
Fabzgrace:
hi medics in d house, can sum1 pls kindly refer me to where i'd be able to download the soft copy of books in physiology and anatomy tnks

Anatomy

1) BRS Embryology

http://www.neuronarc.com/brs-embryology-board-review-series-5th-edition-pdf.html

2) BRS Histology(34MB)

http://www.4shared.com/office/L_MOkl-Pba/brs_cell_biology_and_histology.html

3) Snell Clinical Anatomy By Regions(92MB)

http://www.4shared.com/office/oBO4Yq1v/Snells_Clinical_Anatomy_by_Reg.htm?locale=en

Physiology

1) Fox Physiology (201MB)

http://www.4shared.com/zip/gM_lVpVt/fox_human_physiology_8th_editi.htm?locale=en

2) NMS Physiology (22MB)

http://www.4shared.com/office/U7L6KV6d/NMS_Physiology.htm?locale=en

Biochemistry

1) M N Charteajea Textbook Of Medical Biochemistry(21MB)

http://indianmedicalebooks..com/2013/07/mn-chatterjea-textbook-of-medical.html?m=1

2) D M Vasudevan Textbook of Medical Biochemistry

http://indianmedicalebooks..com/2013/07/dm-vasudevan-textbook-of-biochemistry.html?m=1

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 4:35pm On Jan 27, 2015
Andrew114:
I am an aspirant who want to study medicine in BSU but they are 2 diffrent rumours am hearing; 1 they said they havn't accredit medicine in bsu while others are saying they have accredit it.can anybody tell me da truth please?

https://www.mdcn.gov.ng/index.php/training/accredited-medical-institutions

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DocJoseph(m): 5:10pm On Jan 27, 2015
[/i][i][i][/i][i][/i] Can i change from zoology to medicine after my 1st semester in Uniuyo? becos i knw i will get admission this year

pls help me. advice me. i wish to be a doctor but i dont ve who will pay my school fees. i wish to start sch pls.

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Boluzie(m): 8:07pm On Jan 27, 2015
Good day guys,it's bin a long tym here n I really commend u all fr kiping dis thread alive.Right nw am just enjoying my holz at home preparing fr preclinicals at Lasucom..Sir lomaxx,aunty Aluta,Storm,Dr.Gboy,Tobbie09,Saxophemsy,Idi-araba guys n Oauthc brethren,i greet u all..God bless u pple..#Inlasucomwewait..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 27, 2015
[quote author=lomaxx post=30185012]

https://www.mdcn.gov.ng/index.php/training/accredited-medical-institutions thanks man i really appreciate but i stil need ur advise.i have already register for jamb nd i choose bsu which is partialy accredited (first clinical) acording to what i read in dat link,what do i do should i stil go ahead nd study medicine their or what?secondly how would it be when i graduate in terms of job opportunity or are they going to be fully accredited within shot period of time frm nw?please help me am realy confuse.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 5:23pm On Jan 30, 2015
Is Ijmb still on?
esharp:
14pts only abt 7peeps were admitted! They do buh d quota z low
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 30, 2015
Doclight:
Is Ijmb still on?
i did alevel cambridge not ijmb!ion knw abt ijmb!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 11:42pm On Jan 30, 2015
Can u tell me abt it?
esharp:
i did alevel cambridge not ijmb!ion knw abt ijmb!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Profcamsey(m): 9:27am On Jan 31, 2015
Hello docs. Is it true that 2 sets of students can take a particular mb exam within a year? For example, when a skul has 300 A and B, A should write in march and B should write six months after. Is that possible? Cc: lagusta , lomaxx , dr.Gboy , alutacontinua , ebsu guy , saxophemsy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Emmafe(m): 6:41pm On Feb 01, 2015
Great ife! It's time to socialize,meet,make
friends,chat,relate,mingle,gist with department
mates,course mates,level mates and also get the
Aspirants updated and enlightened on admission. Let's
meet now on the school social website www.oaucampus.com
Aspirants are also emplore to register at the website so as to meet with stalites for enlightenment and also get answers to all their questions on admission.

Like https://fb.com/oaucampus
Follow on https://twitter.com/oau_campus

ALUTA CONTINUA!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by fatimar5(f): 10:45am On Feb 02, 2015
Wow! Happy new year! Feels like yesterday but already preparing 4 MB1 June 2015, Presently neuroanatomy and neurophysiology is so getting on my nerves! N Ganong is just not smiling, Head and neck gross anatomy is proving to be the BOSS n Biochemistry is just chilling at the corner! GOODTIMES! in medical school yet no better feeling in the WORLD!!! Am a DOCTOR in the making being prepared to bring relieve to humanity! What can compare! Happy February!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Profcamsey(m): 9:37pm On Feb 02, 2015
fatimar5:
Wow! Happy new year! Feels like yesterday but already preparing 4 MB1 June 2015, Presently neuroanatomy and neurophysiology is so getting on my nerves! N Ganong is just not smiling, Head and neck gross anatomy is proving to be the BOSS n Biochemistry is just chilling at the corner! GOODTIMES! in medical school yet no better feeling in the WORLD!!! Am a DOCTOR in the making being prepared to bring relieve to humanity! What can compare! Happy February!
wow so fast! Is preclinical a year in U.I? I tot you resumed last year.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 02, 2015
Profcamsey:
wow so fast! Is preclinical a year in U.I? I tot you resumed last year.

We finish Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry in 200 Level. Then we start path and pharm in 300 level and write MB the same year.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Waliyllahi(m): 6:51am On Feb 03, 2015
Its prep time for MB 2 path and pharm here in UI. Wish us well pls

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Waliyllahi(m): 6:53am On Feb 03, 2015
oluafolabi:

We finish Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry in 200 Level. Then we start path and pharm in 300 level and write MB the same year.
ar u of 2k14 set or d set writin d next MB1
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 03, 2015
Waliyllahi:

ar u of 2k14 set or d set writin d next MB1
The set writing the next MB.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bitex2(m): 11:53am On Feb 03, 2015
oluafolabi:

The set writing the next MB.
I thought preclinicals is 18months.
Secondly,is path and pharm done in UI or UCH?
I jxt got admitted via UME last yr 2014.When do you think we will write our part1 by God's grace?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bitex2(m): 11:56am On Feb 03, 2015
Waliyllahi:
Its prep time for MB 2 path and pharm here in UI. Wish us well pls
Goodluck bro..God be with you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Penboy: 1:28pm On Feb 03, 2015
bitex2:

I jxt got admitted via UME last yr 2014 When do you we will write our part1?
how's the UI's academic calender bro?
We freshers never resume o (OAU) till may.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bush2013: 2:25pm On Feb 03, 2015
DocJoseph:
[/i][i][i][/i][i][/i] Can i change from zoology to medicine after my 1st semester in Uniuyo? becos i knw i will get admission this year

pls help me. advice me. i wish to be a doctor but i dont ve who will pay my school fees. i wish to start sch pls.
this your picture irritate me.please remove it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bitex2(m): 5:05pm On Feb 03, 2015
Penboy:
how's the UI's academic calender bro?
We freshers never resume o (OAU) till may.
we are yet to resume o..Hopefully on March 21st.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ritababe(f): 12:35pm On Feb 04, 2015
Pls guys help me differentiate these test according to their groups (tell me which is serology, haematology and microbiology test).
Malaria test
widal test
PCV test
RVS test
haemoglobin test
pregnancy test
blood sugar

thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 2:23pm On Feb 04, 2015
ritababe:
Pls guys help me differentiate these test according to their groups (tell me which is serology, haematology and microbiology test).
Malaria test
widal test
PCV test
RVS test
haemoglobin test
pregnancy test
blood sugar

thanks.

Malaria: microbiology
Widal: serology
PCV: hematology
RVS: serology
Hemoglobin: hematology
Pregnancy: serology
Blood sugar: not really serology, since we dont deal with serum, but you can put it there

Hope it helps!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 2:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
Profcamsey:
Hello docs. Is it true that 2 sets of students can take a particular mb exam within a year? For example, when a skul has 300 A and B, A should write in march and B should write six months after. Is that possible? Cc: lagusta , lomaxx , dr.Gboy , alutacontinua , ebsu guy , saxophemsy

It has happened in unilorin before, depends on the rate of admission, delays in lectures... A lot of factors shaa
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Profcamsey(m): 5:17pm On Feb 04, 2015
Lagusta:

It has happened in unilorin before, depends on the rate of admission, delays in lectures... A lot of factors shaa
thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ritababe(f): 6:17pm On Feb 04, 2015
Lagusta:

Malaria: microbiology
Widal: serology
PCV: hematology
RVS: serology
Hemoglobin: hematology
Pregnancy: serology
Blood sugar: not really serology, since we dont deal with serum, but you can put it there

Hope it helps!!!!

yeah, tnks alot
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Waliyllahi(m): 8:56pm On Feb 04, 2015
bitex2:

Goodluck bro..God be with you
Thank you!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Waliyllahi(m): 9:04pm On Feb 04, 2015
bitex2:

I jxt got admitted via UME last yr 2014.When do you think we will write our part1 by God's grace?
MB1 is roughly by end ok 300level first semester, path and pharm is at UCH bt u wud av some intro courses in UI wt d newly introduced new curriculum. My set is d last of d old curriculum

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.