Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,440 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1819342 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (904) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 11:49am On Oct 03, 2012
do the house officer perform the c-section or they just watch and learn?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by opisco01(m): 3:03pm On Oct 03, 2012
@Lagusta pls wat r d main text or books i'ld need to buy 4 my 200 level mbbs unilorin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 3:18pm On Oct 03, 2012
Lagusta: May God help all of us!!!
AMIIN
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by snave007(m): 3:42pm On Oct 03, 2012
Lagusta:

Hmmm, biotechnology in UNIBEN.... Where are the uniben peeps oooooo
but how's it done in ur school, just any idea at all,I think it 'may' be the same 4 most schools(really important)I really want to study Med &Surg

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 3:44pm On Oct 03, 2012
snave007: @lagusta admitted to study biotechnology in Uniben
congrats! I also got in dere,bt 4 med nd surg
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by snave007(m): 5:06pm On Oct 03, 2012
glowin2shyn: congrats! I also got in dere,bt 4 med nd surg
WOW!!! Congrats,I opted 4 med & surg but was given 'dat', it's all good anyways @ least we're happy nevertheless,but my mind still medicine shaaa!!.Hope 2 seeing u @ school.My 2go id: evans803 if u dont mind
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 5:52pm On Oct 03, 2012
ebsuguy: do the house officer perform the c-section or they just watch and learn?

They first watch and learn.... Then if u r interested, u can try it under supervision! That depends on the consultant's character tho....

Its better we learn all these minor surgeries when we bcom HOs, so that we will be relevant when we go for service....

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 5:53pm On Oct 03, 2012
opisco01: @Lagusta pls wat r d main text or books i'ld need to buy 4 my 200 level mbbs unilorin

If u check the first or second page of the thread, u'll see it there....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 5:56pm On Oct 03, 2012
snave007: but how's it done in ur school, just any idea at all,I think it 'may' be the same 4 most schools(really important)I really want to study Med &Surg

Sorry, we don't do biotechnology in our school....

Ok, since u jst got in and u wanna study medicine, then maybe u jst buy another jamb form... But don't drop out of the biotech ooooo!!!!!

Write another jamb, if u get in, thank God... And if u don't.... U will still hav a B.Sc in boitech, so that after service, you may still want to come back for DE....

THAT'S IT!!!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2012
Lagusta:

A STUDENT DO A LAPAROTOMY, HERNIORRAPHY, OR AN APPENDECTOMY??

The highest a student can do is to set line, insert catheter, and maybe apply sutures on minor cuts, etc... But all those major operations.... HA HA HA HA!!! Even ordinary registrars are dreaming of doing that...

at least even though d major operations are not meant 4 us, we could still drain absseces, and use d catheter to treat thrombosis,plaques and arterioscleriosis. At what stage are we able 2 operate on a patient without any restriction?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:00pm On Oct 03, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

at least even though d major operations are not meant 4 us, we could still drain absseces, and use d catheter to treat thrombosis,plaques and arterioscleriosis. At what stage are we able 2 operate on a patient without any restriction?

Even abscess draining gaan is still meant for house officers and registrars.... And the catheter I am talking about is the urinary foley's catheter...

Once u r a doctor, u can do anything, but as a house officer, u hav to watch and learn first, then u can try it out under supervision...

Ok
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 10:27pm On Oct 03, 2012
snave007: WOW!!! Congrats,I opted 4 med & surg but was given 'dat', it's all good anyways @ least we're happy nevertheless,but my mind still medicine shaaa!!.Hope 2 seeing u @ school.My 2go id: evans803 if u dont mind
Ok,no p
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Superclem(m): 8:53am On Oct 04, 2012
good morning #teammedicos any unilag mbbs diploma here?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starboi10: 9:14am On Oct 04, 2012
Superclem: good morning #teammedicos any unilag mbbs diploma here?
Am here o. Have you paid your fees
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 9:26am On Oct 04, 2012
Gud morning to all medics.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 9:50am On Oct 04, 2012
Good morning medics.... How the jacks?? ?? Please read well ooooo

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 10:01am On Oct 04, 2012
No U.I medical student here??...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ogagusps3: 10:13am On Oct 04, 2012
O.M.E:
No U.I medical student here??...
whats up.. has ui given u guyz resumption date yet?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Superclem(m): 12:02pm On Oct 04, 2012
Starboi10: Am here o. Have you paid your fees

no doc, av u? heard we re resuming next wk. wats ur 2go i.d?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by 1050mu(m): 1:59pm On Oct 04, 2012
I m ashraf..... 500lvl med stdnt frm z grt ahmadu bello uni xaria
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sportyblinks: 3:17pm On Oct 04, 2012
Kaju
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 6:24pm On Oct 04, 2012
ogagusps3: whats up.. has ui given u guyz resumption date yet?
nope..not yt
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Afeisume: 9:33pm On Oct 04, 2012
Tnx 4 all u care@dr.lagusto.....hav jst bin admited 2 uniben 2 study mednsurg.
Plx i nid 2 knw if dia ix a difrens btw a radiographer n radiologists..if yes,wot r dey. More anointin!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 10:12pm On Oct 04, 2012
1050mu: I m ashraf..... 500lvl med stdnt frm z grt ahmadu bello uni xaria

Welcome, how's it over there....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 10:18pm On Oct 04, 2012
Afeisume: Tnx 4 all u care@dr.lagusto.....hav jst bin admited 2 uniben 2 study mednsurg.
Plx i nid 2 knw if dia ix a difrens btw a radiographer n radiologists..if yes,wot r dey. More anointin!

Hey congrats, wishin u the best in all your endeavours....

As difficult as it is, this question has also puzzled me.... I also believe radiologists are qualified doctors who specialize in using medical imaging and radioactive/ionizing substances to diagnose or treat disease....

However radiographers assist the radiologist in taking the x-rays, scan, etc and print the films, then hand it over to the radiologist to write his report and radiological diagnosis....

So as u can see, the art and profession of medicine is more or less a division of labour!!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Chidor6(m): 11:16pm On Oct 04, 2012
hey! Am in 400l UNTH.
Been reading thru d thread and i gotta say its quite interestn.
My advice to new med sttdnt: read/study like ur life depends on it, and also pray cos we need God in everythng. And abt wat to read, well read up ur notes, and text books... 'NEVER READ TO PASS EXAMS' Rather READ TO ACQUIRE KNOWLEDGE cos wen u knw d stuff, there aint no way ur failn.
For DE, its better to just get a Cambridge A'level...its a sure bet. I mean i did dat and got in with no stress watsoever... Cya
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ogagusps3: 11:37pm On Oct 04, 2012
Chidor6: hey! Am in 400l UNTH.
Been reading thru d thread and i gotta say its quite interestn.
My advice to new med sttdnt: read/study like ur life depends on it, and also pray cos we need God in everythng. And abt wat to read, well read up ur notes, and text books... 'NEVER READ TO PASS EXAMS' Rather READ TO ACQUIRE KNOWLEDGE cos wen u knw d stuff, there aint no way ur failn.
For DE, its better to just get a Cambridge A'level...its a sure bet. I mean i did dat and got in with no stress watsoever... Cya
I did a level and hv admission to study mbbs in unilag and ui
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Afeisume: 11:39pm On Oct 04, 2012
Tnx very much doc...may ur lyf's ship sufer no wreckage!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Afeisume: 11:41pm On Oct 04, 2012
Tnx doc
Lagusta:

Hey congrats, wishin u the best in all your endeavours....

As difficult as it is, this question has also puzzled me.... I also believe radiologists are qualified doctors who specialize in using medical imaging and radioactive/ionizing substances to diagnose or treat disease....

However radiographers assist the radiologist in taking the x-rays, scan, etc and print the films, then hand it over to the radiologist to write his report and radiological diagnosis....

So as u can see, the art and profession of medicine is more or less a division of labour!!!

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Afeisume: 11:45pm On Oct 04, 2012
May u get straight A's in ur lyf endeavours wen u pas out of med skul
Afeisume: Tnx doc
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by 1050mu(m): 12:46am On Oct 05, 2012
@ lagusta mehn boiz r suffering nd smiling.,
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starboi10: 3:32am On Oct 05, 2012
Superclem:
no doc, av u? heard we re resuming next wk. wats ur 2go i.d?
I've also not paid

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (904) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.