Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1822310 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:02am On Nov 23, 2012
toyingbad: I really love dissecting cadavers. I finished with bsc anatomy before going for medicine. Am def going into surgery.

Surgery is for you!!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by INTEGRITYTOBI(m): 6:36pm On Nov 23, 2012
@ toyingbad dat gud nd also 9ice to meet someone who has engage in paramedic b4 in dis forum.If u wont mind i want to ask u d step u take nd criteria require 4rm u 2go further into medicine.Apology if am meddling to ur affair,i just want 2 gain some idea.I guess u see some of my past post.THANKS
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 6:26am On Nov 24, 2012
Dr_Bode: I had to go through this thread from the beginning- such an amazing thread. Kudos to LAGUSTA. For Dr.GBOY, your passion is not in doubt. May God crown your effort. PLEASE, LET'S KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE. IT MUST NOT DIE!!

thnks man... wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 6:32am On Nov 24, 2012
glowin2shyn: hy friends, quite some time, i just finished with my clearance! i ve registad for gst.bt registration of courses hasnt startes but 4rm wat i found out, i wud b offerin physics, chemistry,aeb(animal and environmental biology) 4maly noen as biology,and pbb (plant and sometin sometin biotechnology) formaly noen as botany,no maths *sad face*...... Dr Gboy or any fresha are dere any similarities wit ur courses?tanxx
lots of similarities, we offer zoology, maths,eng,chem,phy,comp,bio and some GST courses such as philosophy and english. While in 2nd semester we offer botany and sm other courses.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 6:44am On Nov 24, 2012
Superclem: Happy xunday medicos, aw y'all doing? @gboy, exam na febuary, xo no kill ursef, get a babe and av fun

Babe shocked abeggi no time for that.
5.0 CGPA on my mind. If i don't have above 50% in all my courses i will not be legible to cross over to idi-araba.
Serious competition between UME and DIPLOMA students for just 150 spaces out of abt 300 medics here at unilag to cross over to college of medicine.
No tym to check time.....see ya later.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 6:50am On Nov 24, 2012
aliandro: Dr Gboy,i would lyke 2 mit u.I was luking tru d attendance list 4 fsc 103,i saw a name GBENGA,are u d 1.Will luv 2 c u during d submission of Fsc 104 assignment on Friday.MY NO:08174946052
yap that was my name. Oops, i've submitted my assignment to Austin on thursday. Anyway sha we'll still meet. smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 8:25am On Nov 24, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

Babe shocked abeggi no time for that.
5.0 CGPA on my mind. If i don't have above 50% in all my courses i will not be legible to cross over to idi-araba.
Serious competition between UME and DIPLOMA students for just 150 spaces out of abt 300 medics here at unilag to cross over to college of medicine.
No tym to check time.....see ya later.
Guy u realy need to study hard. But come to think of it, 300 year one medics is outrageously high, i just pray that u will be able to cross to COMED,cos ur passion for medicine is not indoubt. But u have to be ware of those diploma students, and also remember that it is nt all about jacking, but the God's factor goes a long way. Don't leave ur tees uncross and ur i's undotted, i beleive God we surely see u through.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 1:31pm On Nov 25, 2012
Where are u guyz nah, abeg make we no dull faa!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:11am On Nov 27, 2012
Hmmm, everybody has gone to read!!!

All da best in ur exams ooo
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Alabidamilola(m): 9:03am On Nov 27, 2012
Pls when in medical trainin is disection expected to start....... Does it differ from school to school
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 1:01pm On Nov 27, 2012
Alabidamilola: Pls when in medical trainin is disection expected to start....... Does it differ from school to school

You start dissecting cadavers in your 2nd year.... Welcome!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sigolisis: 1:06pm On Nov 27, 2012
I aspire 2 study medicine in UI through direct entry, pls does my degree have 2b one of biological courses or any science course?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by goodman3(m): 7:55pm On Nov 27, 2012
Lagusta are u sure about that?....I thought dissection of cadavers would start when we are in 400 or 500 level!....am kinda scared about. Touching a dead body in 200 level! Pls who has done this before? And hw is the experience like?...are there pple who freak out?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 8:36pm On Nov 27, 2012
my oga lagusta....sorry for leaving u since....the issue of dissecting cadava wetin dy dia..?....u will start in ur 200L and stop in ur 300L.....400L na posting with living humans...dont worry earn ur ticket into the college proper before u talk about dissecting cadava's
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GHANAOGA: 10:03pm On Nov 27, 2012
US 3rd yeard med student here.Wish u guys all the best!The world needs us.
Chill out on the babes..they will come when you are made
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:01am On Nov 28, 2012
goodman3: Lagusta are u sure about that?....I thought dissection of cadavers would start when we are in 400 or 500 level!....am kinda scared about. Touching a dead body in 200 level! Pls who has done this before? And hw is the experience like?...are there pple who freak out?

Bros, I hav been in medical school for 6yrs now, and since then, I haven't heard of ANY medical school dissecting cadavers at 400 or 500l...

I have dissected cadavers before... And I just picture them as dummies...

Moreover, most of the bodies are usually armed robbers shot dead or madmen, or others that hav been unclaimed for a long time!!!

If you really want to be a doctor, you have to remove the element of fear in you!!! You have to be strong, from handling dead bodies to breaking bad news to loved ones...

Nottin do u boss!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:07am On Nov 28, 2012
GHANA OGA: US 3rd yeard med student here.Wish u guys all the best!The world needs us.
Chill out on the babes..they will come when you are made
cheesy cheesy

Yeah, welcome...

We have a BABE from the caribbeans, alutacontinua...

Now we have you from the US...

All of you are welcome!!!

In fact we have enough BABES here on this thread, so no need to undergo perfusion to other extracellular sites!!! cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 5:39pm On Nov 28, 2012
Hey, what's good peeps....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 8:46pm On Nov 28, 2012
oga lagusta....why the change of name?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by godstino(m): 8:55pm On Nov 28, 2012
mmm!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ishowdotgmail(m): 9:30pm On Nov 28, 2012
reali luv ds thread....tnx 2 bro..Lagusta 4 ur numerous hlp u'v bn renderin.Pls cn u kindly drop ur 2go i.d want 2 discuss sum issue wit u
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 10:02pm On Nov 28, 2012
ishowdot@gmail.:
reali luv ds thread....tnx 2 bro..Lagusta 4 ur numerous hlp u'v bn renderin.Pls cn u kindly drop ur 2go i.d want 2 discuss sum issue wit u

2go: idris930

Whatsapp: +2347033422401

BBpin: 56439c1d

Twitter: @dr_idris_laguda

Facebook: idrees femi laguda

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 10:04pm On Nov 28, 2012
ebsuguy: oga lagusta....why the change of name?

Don't mind me jare, I felt that former thread name was boring, that's why...

Just wanted to add some spice to it...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 1:43am On Nov 29, 2012
Itz very tough here in unilag.Though lecturez hasn't startd here officially but intensive tutorials is going on in d skul.with 5Ps and 3G factor i will cross ova 2 Idi araba
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 6:51am On Nov 29, 2012
aliandro: Itz very tough here in unilag.Though lecturez hasn't startd here officially but intensive tutorials is going on in d skul.with 5Ps and 3G factor i will cross ova 2 Idi araba

God will see you through...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Alabidamilola(m): 1:39pm On Nov 29, 2012
pls wen in 200 level is the dissection expected...... How does dissection classes look like....... Coz i cant wait to get started
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by prodigy2k(m): 10:46pm On Nov 29, 2012
Lagusta:

2go: idris930

Whatsapp: +2347033422401

BBpin: 32e96125

Twitter: @dr_idris_laguda

Facebook: eedrisology femisticoplasty lagudoscopy
hmmmm,is dat ur signature?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hardmanvicky(m): 1:52am On Nov 30, 2012
hi medicos. Can u top medicals expalin basis of immunology and haematology for me. I want definition,explanations. Keynotes in dis area of study.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 6:16am On Nov 30, 2012
Alabidamilola: pls wen in 200 level is the dissection expected...... How does dissection classes look like....... Coz i cant wait to get started

Dissection starts @ 200L... Could be during your first or second posting, depending on the school

Also, you will be grouped with different cadavers, depending on availability...

But like someone said, please pass your 100L courses first... Then we can start thinking of cadavers...

CHEERS!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 6:18am On Nov 30, 2012
prodigy2k: hmmmm,is dat ur signature?

Which one

Don't mind me jare, that's my nature grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 6:26am On Nov 30, 2012
hardmanvicky: hi medicos. Can u top medicals expalin basis of immunology and haematology for me. I want definition,explanations. Keynotes in dis area of study.

Hematology: the study of blood and blood components... Here you will be dealing with all the components of blood I.e blood cells and plasma. You will also study the disorders associated with each component e.g hemolytic anaemias, thrombocytopenic pupura, and some malicnancies like leukemia and lymphoma

Immunology: the study of the body defense system. Here you will study in detail the different ways the body defends itself from allergens, microbes, etc... You will also study some disorders, especially auto-immune disorders like systemic lupus erythromatosus, goodpasture's disease, contact dermatitis, etc...

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Idyllic: 6:58am On Nov 30, 2012
Sir Lagusta, thank you for starting this thread. Tufe, where are you? You were here when the thread began but all of a sudden we didn't here from you again. Dr. Young, Ebsuguy, aliandro, oluafolabi, phoenix, Dr. Gboy, O.M.E, charleymed and others, thanks for your contributions so far. TCD, Lady winnona you are on point. PLEASE LET'S KEEP THIS THREAD GOING. IT MUST NOT DIE! HALA DOCTORS... GOOD HEART... VAST KNOWLEDGE... SKILLED HANDS...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: OG316 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.