Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1822328 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by deedrizzie: 3:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
DrHesjay:
Bro, when r u coming to school. All will be settled when u resume ... I mean d case of d anatomy PQs
i don't know oo... but I'm thinking about Saturday... next Saturday... i heard hostel application fr my set wld be on Monday... how true is it pls?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 02, 2015
DrLazDevitan:
How does one combine diFiores atlas on Histology and Inderbir Singh's Histology for knowledge and understanding of micro-anatomy?

Seniors,over to you all.

LOL. Indebir Singh Histology is sh.it.

Just use Junquiera.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrLazDevitan: 4:21pm On Oct 02, 2015
jargo89:
this is an outgoin hot debate in my school. My view (may be biased) is that from d plain thoretical angle, Singh is more trustworthy (easier to crash-read 4 exams. Difiore is also a gud text bt I see it more useful as a guide durin practical sessions. As I said, I may b biased (I mainly use Singh).

But it's so simple and could be use in rounding off stuffs fastly!
Does it mean,it should be read only for practicals?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrLazDevitan: 4:23pm On Oct 02, 2015
oluafolabi:

LOL. Indebir Singh Histology is sh.it.

Just use Junquiera.

Junquiera? Wow! Thank!

But any reason why i shouldn't use Singh's histology though i find easy to toppled.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Pronmix(m): 7:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
jargo89:
sorry its because I avent subscribed 4 data. Wen I do, I will.
Please bro send to me too, when you can, Nwankwopromise@ymail.com, thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 02, 2015
DrLazDevitan:

Junquiera? Wow! Thank!

But any reason why i shouldn't use Singh's histology though i find easy to toppled.

It doesn't really contain much.
If you really want to enjoy Histology, use Junquiera.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 12:12am On Oct 03, 2015
[quote author=oluafolabi post=38612407]
seriously i agree with you, Singh is crappy. just use junquira or even wheaters
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vitaminA: 1:13am On Oct 03, 2015
jargo89:
sorry its because I avent subscribed 4 data. Wen I do, I will.
Thanks for your reply.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrLazDevitan: 3:42am On Oct 03, 2015
oluafolabi:

It doesn't really contain much.
If you really want to enjoy Histology, use Junquiera.

Thanks,Olu.I will stick to this.

I also remain grateful to Charleymed.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 03, 2015
oluafolabi:

Hello there, Crossing is very possible.
You just have to work very hard and make a CGPA of between 6.0 -7.0.

You have to work extremely hard though.
Congrats on your admission smiley
Thought 5 is the highest obtainable CGPA?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesoade(m): 2:01pm On Oct 03, 2015
joker5180:
U.I is the only school that operates on 7point . .most schools use 5point and few use 4point

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Abcruz(m): 4:22pm On Oct 03, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

Would you advice I do any little pre studying b4 I resume 200L?
tag: ebsuguy, Vicjay1, lomaxx.
pls does AAU offer pre degree for medicine?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 03, 2015
joker5180:

UI uses a 7.0 CGPA Scale.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 8:35pm On Oct 03, 2015
Abcruz:
pls does AAU offer pre degree for medicine?
Last year, there was no predegree for medicine. I don't know of this year though.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 03, 2015
This thread is now too quiet.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Preciousorigho: 9:55pm On Oct 03, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]you guys should enlighten me more on medicine and surgery,am an aspirant
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 1:03pm On Oct 04, 2015
precious, I doubt if any medic will ave a water for ur taste,,,anyway Check dictionary/ Google, u get the better answer....btwn, ar u a school cert holder?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 1:05pm On Oct 04, 2015
Drguzzykola:
@precious, I doubt if any medic will ave a water for ur taste,,,anyway Check dictionary/ Google, u get the better answer....btwn, ar u a school cert holder?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Preciousorigho: 2:33pm On Oct 04, 2015
[quote author=Drguzzykola post=38655908][/quote]yeah!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 4:53pm On Oct 04, 2015
jargo89:
from ur que, m guessin u are planning on usin keith moore. Well, i did both concurrently cos i learnt from senior colleagues dat both r done at d same tym in my school cos we use d regional approach. So my advice is get to ur campus nd meet ur seniors for advices. Also u wi need to ask wat textbuks ur lects prefer. For example i was told dat lects in my skul prefer Sembulingam over oda physio texts. Afta d first incourse, most pple who used gannong and guyton had low grades comparably. So moral of my long story is contact ur senior colleagues, dr experiences will help tremendously.
Pls sir what anatomy courses did you take in 200 level?
cc:ebsuguy, Vicjay1,DrHesjay
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Abcruz(m): 6:24pm On Oct 04, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:
Last year, there was no predegree for medicine. I don't know of this year though.
ok but do you have any idea if the form is out.?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 6:40pm On Oct 04, 2015
Abcruz:
ok but do you have any idea if the form is out.?
I don't know if the form is out but I saw on nairaland dat d form is out. Just check aau's website to be sure.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Abcruz(m): 6:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

I don't know if the form is out but I saw on nairaland dat d form is out. Just check aau's website to be sure.
ok thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 9:29pm On Oct 04, 2015
cc CHARLEYMED: really wanna have a discussion wif u,,, I tink it would be better on whatsapp....
<A newly admitted medic@ Uniport...>

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 2:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
THANKGOD. GOD IS ABLE. UNIZIK HERE I CUM!

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 2:53pm On Oct 05, 2015
simba1:
Congratulations Doc.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bush2013: 3:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
simba1:
what was your jamb score and pume score
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jargo89(m): 5:35pm On Oct 05, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

Pls sir what anatomy courses did you take in 200 level?
cc:ebsuguy, Vicjay1,DrHesjay
Gross Anatomy, Histology and Embryology
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 5:45pm On Oct 05, 2015
jargo89:
Gross Anatomy, Histology and Embryology
OK thanks. Please can you break it down further. Which gross anatomy courses(first semester to be specific) did you take??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dunsin89(m): 8:31pm On Oct 05, 2015
Pls Senior Medical colleagues in the house, which is more unique and standard to study Medicine and surgery between OAU and UI? And Why
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 05, 2015
Dunsin89:
Pls Senior Medical colleagues in the house, which is more unique and standard to study Medicine and surgery between OAU and UI? And Why

LOL.

Enter one first.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Abcruz(m): 9:01pm On Oct 05, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

pls does AAU admit non indigens for medicine?

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.