Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,156 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1822559 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by cajole: 8:19pm On Oct 07, 2015
Atogirl:
In lasuyou cannot be admitted for medicine without choosing them in jamb
owkay
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 8:36pm On Oct 07, 2015
Ikemsinachi:
Brov, how was ur day? Can u chat me up on whatsapp via; 08036632884? I'm in 200l.
My day was good sir. I would love to have a chat with you but I'm not on whatsapp.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lecturebidz(m): 9:19pm On Oct 07, 2015
Lagusta:
HI.

I am a final year med student of UNILORIN. I opened this thread cos I noticed there isn't any that is specially for medical students, and I believe this is an opportunity for all docs in the making to meet, chat, share experiences, ask questions, and even make new friends!

Jambitos who wish to study medicine are also welcome...

So, let the clerking and presentation begin!!!!
.......thanks for this tread. Three(3) years later & it's still trending {am new though}

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Freddonance(m): 11:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
Lecturebidz:

.......thanks for this tread. Three(3) years later & it's still trending {am new though}
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Shabib(m): 8:14am On Oct 08, 2015
Shabib:
Can sum1 pls recommend a course in the coll. of medicine that makes it possible to change over easily to MBBS in UI? No vex, abeg. Jst wanna knw
Shabib:
Is any1 sure that a dentistry graduate can go for MBBS after graduating? What's the name of the scheme? Askng on a fwend's behalf, plss
It seems noone is ready to answer a beginner's ignorant question? I wanna be much aware before making a mistake that can affect a whole lifetime, plsss pals nd seniors.
Shabib:
Is studying medicine in a state uni as good as studying in a federal uni? Seems the former are someow underated. Is it the same pay?
It seems noone is ready to answer a beginner's ignorant question? I wanna be much aware before making a mistake that can affect a whole lifetime, plsss pals nd seniors.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dunsin89(m): 8:26am On Oct 08, 2015
oluafolabi:

LOL.

Enter one first.
. Am in One already. If you know you don't have any direct and reasonable answer to give, just keep shut. It's not by force to comment
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesoade(m): 9:15am On Oct 08, 2015
Shabib:
It seems noone is ready to answer a beginner's ignorant question? I wanna be much aware before making a mistake that can affect a whole lifetime, plsss pals nd seniors.It seems noone is ready to answer a beginner's ignorant question? I wanna be much aware before making a mistake that can affect a whole lifetime, plsss pals nd seniors.
yes,it is possible,you can get MBBS after Dentistry(BDS) with 18months in medical school,your BDS will be withdrawn and you will be given MBBS cos it's thesame organization that regulates both.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesoade(m): 9:24am On Oct 08, 2015
Shabib:
It seems noone is ready to answer a beginner's ignorant question? I wanna be much aware before making a mistake that can affect a whole lifetime, plsss pals nd seniors.It seems noone is ready to answer a beginner's ignorant question? I wanna be much aware before making a mistake that can affect a whole lifetime, plsss pals nd seniors.
yes,it is possible,you can get MBBS after Dentistry(BDS) with 18months in medical school,your BDS will be withdrawn and you will be given MBBS cos it's thesame organization that regulates both.

Your other question about state uni and federal uni,i will say medical training depends on the calibre and medical success rate of the teaching hospital they have . .and also,federal school's teaching hospital are very well respected by the masses e.g UCH,UBTH,LUTH e.t.c hence,more patronage,so a student trained in such hospital will have more experience cos he/she would have experienced wierd medical cases and it will go a long way in helping him/her after graduation . . . . . And also,federal unis are more funded,hence they end up having more medical equipment than state uni teaching hospital. . .so choose wisely
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kunlexic(m): 9:25am On Oct 08, 2015
enny234:

Basically same, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, or in Latin Medicinæ Baccalaureus et Baccalaureus Chirurgiæ
Thanks boss
Is dere any pharmacy student on dis thread?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Shabib(m): 11:20am On Oct 08, 2015
mesoade:

Your other question about state uni and federal uni,i will say medical training depends on the calibre and medical success rate of the teaching hospital they have . .and also,federal school's teaching hospital are very well respected by the masses e.g UCH,UBTH,LUTH e.t.c hence,more patronage,so a student trained in such hospital will have more experience cos he/she would have experienced wierd medical cases and it will go a long way in helping him/her after graduation . . . . . And also,federal unis are more funded,hence they end up having more medical equipment than state uni teaching hospital. . .so choose wisely
Tnx vewi much bro. I really appreciate.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 08, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

My day was good sir. I would love to have a chat with you but I'm not on whatsapp.
Boss! av been trying to contact u bt ur numba s nt goin 2ru.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 3:34pm On Oct 08, 2015
Neyova:
Boss! av been trying to contact u bt ur numba s nt goin 2ru.
Boss ke Anyway, m sorry for that. U can try it any moment from now. Have u been admitted
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ikemsinachi(m): 8:48pm On Oct 08, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

Eyaa, do you have any alternative?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:17pm On Oct 08, 2015
Ikemsinachi:
Eyaa, do you have any alternative?
Facebook. Will this be okay?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:54am On Oct 09, 2015
This is to inform all Prospective candidates of the great UNILORIN that the long awaited Admission is Out! Happy Checking...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 7:38am On Oct 09, 2015
Human Physiology
Shabib:
Can sum1 pls recommend a course in the coll. of medicine that makes it possible to change over easily to MBBS in UI? No vex, abeg. Jst wanna knw
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 7:39am On Oct 09, 2015
I'm 100% sure. You'd spend like lets just call it 2yrs(18 Months) or so and loose your licence in Dentistry though
Shabib:
Is any1 sure that a dentistry graduate can go for MBBS after graduating? What's the name of the scheme? Askng on a fwend's behalf, plss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 7:40am On Oct 09, 2015
They are not underrated, one ofr the things chasing them is the school fees.
Shabib:
Is studying medicine in a state uni as good as studying in a federal uni? Seems the former are someow underated. Is it the same pay?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kingjms010(m): 8:35am On Oct 09, 2015
Dunsin89:
Pls Senior Medical colleagues in the house, which is more unique and standard to study Medicine and surgery between OAU and UI? And Why

Hello Sir!! Good Morning! How have u been sir?
You said u had some hints on hw to prepare for an exam most esp, d JAMB, are u still willing to offer d help?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Freddonance(m): 11:43am On Oct 09, 2015
I hail all fellow medstudents here....
any 400lv medic here
pls hala me on whatsapp.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrPresh: 11:43am On Oct 09, 2015
Any uniport medic here?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrPresh: 11:44am On Oct 09, 2015
kingjms010:

Hello Sir!! Good Morning! How have u been sir?
You said u had some hints on hw to prepare for an exam most esp, d JAMB, are u still willing to offer d help?
i also need those hints o sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Freddonance(m): 11:46am On Oct 09, 2015
DrPresh pls hala me on whats app
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrPresh: 11:48am On Oct 09, 2015
Freddonance:
DrPresh pls hala me on whats app 08069402716
am nt on whatsapp o but am on facebook Drop ur username let me add u
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by KVN1(m): 12:05pm On Oct 09, 2015
Jargo89 please canyou send me some of those links....Email is kingnickyafri'at'yahoo.com....forgive my 'at'...keypad problem
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 12:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
simba1:
I'm 100% sure. You'd spend like lets just call it 2yrs(18 Months) or so and loose your licence in Dentistry though
Why would you wish to spend an extra 2- years just bcuz of MBBS? when your colleagues are busy making money with their BDS.Even if you get MBBS,you still earn the same amount.Did I just say the same amount? oh No,because,you're not likely to be on the same level any more. hence,you'll start from scratch...Strive to get medicine now,and,leave Dentistry for those that really admire and love it..my 10kobo...
I'm not referring to you simba,speaking generally!

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ikemsinachi(m): 5:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

Facebook. Will this be okay?
Sure it will. Let me send you my facebook email.
Hope your nairaland email is still accessible?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Shabib(m): 6:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
simba1:
Human Physiology
simba1:
They are not underrated, one ofr the things chasing them is the school fees.
simba1:
Bro simba1, i'm vewi grateful. U've saved an ignorant student from making a lifetime mistake.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Shabib(m): 6:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
Drdonzeez:
Why would you wish to spend an extra 2- years just bcuz of MBBS? when your colleagues are busy making money with their BDS.Even if you get MBBS,you still earn the same amount.Did I just say the same amount? oh No,because,you're not likely to be on the same level any more. hence,you'll start from scratch...Strive to get medicine now,and,leave Dentistry for those that really admire and love it..my 10kobo...
I'm not referring to you simba,speaking generally!
Thnks for the advice. Really appreciate. Dnt really understand ur statement abuh the pay. Pls, trynna expantiate.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 6:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
Ikemsinachi:
Sure it will. Let me send you my facebook email.
Hope your nairaland email is still accessible?
Yes. I will respond ASAP.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 7:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
Shabib:

Thnks for the advice. Really appreciate. Dnt really understand ur statement abuh the pay. Pls, trynna expantiate.
Doctors(medical and Dental) are on the same salary scale know as CONMESS.Hence,They earn the same salary and allowances.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 7:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
Shabib:

Doctors(medical and Dental) are on the same salary scale known as CONMESS.Hence,They earn the same salary and allowances.

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.