Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1821884 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 6:07am On Dec 14, 2012
charleymed: just like a consultant neurosurgeon!!! U look cute, SIR LAGUSTA.

Thanx!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 14, 2012
S
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 4:31pm On Dec 14, 2012
[quote
author=prodigy2k]*H*O*C*K*I*N*G News!
Mike Tyson Now a Female.
**successful had gender reassignment surgery in the US.
**underwent complete facial feminisation, orbital bone contouring and
nasal surgeryin an operation lasting over 16 hours.
**I would grow breasts and have a vagina. - before surgery.
Former undisputed heavyweight boxing champion of the world Mike Tyson
(Malik Abdul Aziz) is said to be “feeling fine” afterundergoing
successful gender reassignment surgery at a clinic near Beverley Hills.
Once known as “The BaddestMan on the Planet”, the boxer said having his
first menstrual cycle “would be a dream come true”, and that from now on
he would beknown as Michelle.
“Some people might think it strange that I’m now a woman,” said Tyson,
who underwent complete facial feminisation, orbital bone contouring and
nasal surgeryin an operation lasting over 16 hours.
‘But even at the height of mycareer, when pound for pound I was regarded
as the best fighter in the world, I never lost touch with my feminine
side and knew that one day I would grow breastsand have a vagina.’
Iron Mike was given the all-clear for gender reassignment surgery
following a successful coursein hormone replacement therapy which, inhis
autobiography, the boxerblamed for his 1996 defeat atthe hands of
Evander Holyfield.
Although at the time Tyson insisted he was fit enough to carry on with
the fight, referee Mitch Halpern stopped the bout in the 11th round
saying Tyson looked flushed, was sweating profusely and appeared to be
lactating heavily from his left breast.
Tyson, said he hoped being female would finally convince the American
people that his “bad-boy” days were over.Gr8 medics wats ur take on
gender reasignment or trans gender surgery?[/quote]WHAT?!!!!! na really wa ooo...it is totally crazy... for what na?? God has destined nd designed him to b a man.. Is He tryin 2 corect God??it is wrong oo Man sef..... dont we all rememba what happened 2 michael jackson?.... May God have mercy oo
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Toluk1(f): 10:33am On Dec 17, 2012
Lyk u knew wat was on my mind. Can't dey learn 4rm michael Jackson?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 11:38am On Dec 17, 2012
Hey...where is everybody ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 12:11pm On Dec 17, 2012
O.M.E:
Hey...where is everybody ?

They've all gone to read... Hibernating things!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Youngsage: 12:13pm On Dec 17, 2012
Dr.Gboy:
U guys should please vote for Dr. Lagusta
He has made a huge impact here on nairaland. Not only in d educational category but virtually in other categories too, i can say dis because i'm one of his followers.
Infact i'm now famous here in UNILAG just because of my contributions to dis wonderful and motivating thread created here by our boss.
I want to say thank u to some nairalanders i have met physically: INTEGRITY TOBI, Tosinsure, aliandro, akin and emmanuel (sorry i 4gt ur username), and most importantly our 4.89 CGPA pointer Phoenix6278. These guys are people of gr8 intellect.
To others such as Sir Lagusta, glown2shyn, OME, ebsuguy, jayone, charlemed,alutacontinua.... I'm looking forward to seeing u guys.

Medics Rule!!!
hii dr. gboy! Pls can i av ur 2go i.d or any of ur contact details, i would like to discuss something wit you, Thanks.
To dr Lagusta, and other fellow members of this thread, i say a big Kudos to u all, kip d flame burning
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Youngsage: 12:13pm On Dec 17, 2012
Dr.Gboy:
U guys should please vote for Dr. Lagusta
He has made a huge impact here on nairaland. Not only in d educational category but virtually in other categories too, i can say dis because i'm one of his followers.
Infact i'm now famous here in UNILAG just because of my contributions to dis wonderful and motivating thread created here by our boss.
I want to say thank u to some nairalanders i have met physically: INTEGRITY TOBI, Tosinsure, aliandro, akin and emmanuel (sorry i 4gt ur username), and most importantly our 4.89 CGPA pointer Phoenix6278. These guys are people of gr8 intellect.
To others such as Sir Lagusta, glown2shyn, OME, ebsuguy, jayone, charlemed,alutacontinua.... I'm looking forward to seeing u guys.

Medics Rule!!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 7:21pm On Dec 18, 2012
Tolu k: Lyk u knew wat was on my mind. Can't dey learn 4rm michael Jackson?
my sista i taya oo
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by INTEGRITYTOBI(m): 7:43pm On Dec 18, 2012
Dr Gboy dat awsome,Dr Lagusta is our man nd wil nid to suport him to win.I think probably am nt d1 u called integritytobi u met physically bt well am sure u affable wit d way i presume nd i wil lyk to meet u aswel.B GUD
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 10:07pm On Dec 18, 2012
Dr Lagusta is d main person for dat.Itz yuletide tym,everybody shuld cum bak by weekend 2 make dis forum 1nce again.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 9:05am On Dec 19, 2012
Thanx Dr Gboy, aliandro, OME, alutacontinua, 1stunique, oluafolabi, and others too numerous to mention, for campaigning and voting for me!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 1:28pm On Dec 22, 2012
Hey guyz, what's good?? Abeg no dulling ooo!!!

How are we all celebrating xmas
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 1:29pm On Dec 22, 2012
Hey guyz, what's good?? Abeg no dulling ooo!!!

Our college gave us xmas break, will be resuming on the 2nd of jan, 2013... What of u guyz!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 22, 2012
Bro Lagusta.. Everybody don run comot for thread oo.. Lol.. How is everyone doing?.. Long time!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 4:02pm On Dec 22, 2012
oluafolabi: Bro Lagusta.. Everybody don run comot for thread oo.. Lol.. How is everyone doing?.. Long time!

Bro we jus dey ooo!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 5:46am On Dec 23, 2012
Unilag resumption date is jan 4th and dat falls on friday,so all academic activities wil commence on Monday 7th jan.MERRY XMAS 2 D MEDICOS
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:49am On Dec 23, 2012
Today is the last day of voting, plss make your fellow medic proud!!!

May God bless u as u vote!!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 11:32am On Dec 23, 2012
I asked for words of encouragement few months ago from you.
Dr lagusta...
Pls....
Is it advisable to accept medicine admission in a yet to be accredited college of medicine or to continue OAU's pd programme with the hope of getting medicine @ d end.
Eksu(unad) just offered me admission to study medicine.. Though, she has a teaching hospital and she is working earnestly to get accreditation.
i am currently a predite in OAU. Pls, shud i quit the programme or opt for d medicine in EKSU(UNAD)?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 23, 2012
Amb Fitsaint: I asked for words of encouragement few months ago from you.
Dr lagusta...
Pls....
Is it advisable to accept medicine admission in a yet to be accredited college of medicine or to continue OAU's pd programme with the hope of getting medicine @ d end.
Eksu(unad) just offered me admission to study medicine.. Though, she has a teaching hospital and she is working earnestly to get accreditation.
i am currently a predite in OAU. Pls, shud i quit the programme or opt for d medicine in EKSU(UNAD)?

Dis is a very confusing situation cos u're nt 100% sure of any of dem. If u think u'll be able to make d cut-off points for OAU (pls, be sincere with urself), den, i think u shld continue the pre-degree program but i don't think d UNAD thing is adviseable. Maybe u should just defer the admission in UNAD till next year and c au d pre-degree tin goes. But i feel that going for the OAU one is a better option if u'll be able to make it. Dr. Lagusta nd odas, pls drop ur 2 cents for him. Thanks. Complements of the season to everyone. Wishing all u medics many more of it to come.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 12:31pm On Dec 23, 2012
alutacontinua:

Dis is a very confusing situation cos u're nt 100% sure of any of dem. If u think u'll be able to make d cut-off points for OAU (pls, be sincere with urself), den, i think u shld continue the pre-degree program but i don't think d UNAD thing is adviseable. Maybe u should just defer the admission in UNAD till next year and c au d pre-degree tin goes. But i feel that going for the OAU one is a better option if u'll be able to make it. Dr. Lagusta nd odas, pls drop ur 2 cents for him. Thanks. Complements of the season to everyone. Wishing all u medics many more of it to come.

Thank u very much for this.
The truth is dat admission to medicine through the pd is very competitive.
17 students were admitted out of 800+ dat applied for medicine this year.
Though, I am putting in my best in d programme to get medicine but one can not tell what 2moro will bring.
Also, i dont think all universities in Nigeria defer admission.
Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2012
Dr lagusta...
Pls....

Sorry I couldn't answer ur question then, sorry...

Like aluta said, this is a tough question and very difficult to answer, but in my own humble opinion, I'd prefer u go for the EKSU admission, cos I know b4 the end of 6yrs they will surely be accredited!!!

Also, since u said OAUpd is very competitive, I think its better to go for medicine in EKSU than going for pre-degree where u may be given another course in the end!!!

However, if u have strong connections in OAU, as in VERY STRONG CONNECTIONS, then u may continue with the OAU admission!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 6:09pm On Dec 23, 2012
Lagusta:

Sorry I couldn't answer ur question then, sorry...

Like aluta said, this is a tough question and very difficult to answer, but in my own humble opinion, I'd prefer u go for the EKSU admission, cos I know b4 the end of 6yrs they will surely be accredited!!!

Also, since u said OAUpd is very competitive, I think its better to go for medicine in EKSU than going for pre-degree where u may be given another course in the end!!!

However, if u have strong connections in OAU, as in VERY STRONG CONNECTIONS, then u may continue with the OAU admission!!!
Yotta thanks for this piece of advice.
Though, i had connection last year ,my admission to oau medicine was abortive cos it was nt strong enough( apart from God's will).

In addition, my parents av spent close to 200,000 naira on d pd programme, but dey are still willing to follow my decision on where to go.
I acknowledge d fact dat medicine admission is competitive.
I BLIV CONNECTION IS EASY TO MAKE as FAR as GOD IS INVOLVED and good grades are attained.
Hmmmmmnnnnnnn.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 23, 2012
Amb Fitsaint:
Yotta thanks for this piece of advice.
Though, i had connection last year ,my admission to oau medicine was abortive cos it was nt strong enough( apart from God's will).

In addition, my parents av spent close to 200,000 naira on d pd programme, but dey are still willing to follow my decision on where to go.
I acknowledge d fact dat medicine admission is competitive.
I BLIV CONNECTION IS EASY TO MAKE as FAR as GOD IS INVOLVED and good grades are attained.
Hmmmmmnnnnnnn.

My bro, please accept EKSU's admission, do you know why am telling you this?
1) Eksu's medicine will get accredited sooner or later.. I think the highest class for now is part 3, before they graduate they will get accredited.
2) I am very conversant with OAU, Medicine and Dentistry are as competitive as hell.. So have you asked yourself this question.. What if something happens and I don't get admitted?.. And OAU is not nice at all if you are 1point short of the cutoff they will just 'throw' you into any course either in the biological sciences or physical sciences.
3) With the amount of experience you have gained in the PD, you should be able to blast both JAMB and IFE's crazy post jamb while still in EKSU..

Please note, although the quality of the school matters sometimes, it is the course and the fulfillment you derive from what you are studying that matters most.
I have friends that couldn't get into med in Nigeria but went as far as Ukraine(despite the harsh weather conditions, racism, et_al) in pursuit of their dreams.. So my bro, Take the medicine in EKSU first.. You might just be lucky and cross back to IFE through your UTME..
I hope this little piece of mine helps.. Cheers smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 7:55pm On Dec 23, 2012
Dr lagusta...
Pls....
you should first confirm if its possible to defer your admission at EKSU , if the school authorities at EKSU approve your decision, you can defer and continue with the P.D programme at OAU, you can also apply for admission to UTME again that way, you will have backup plans to fall back on and most importantly involve God in your plans...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jayone15(m): 8:46pm On Dec 23, 2012
Nice one boss
oluafolabi:

My bro, please accept EKSU's admission, do you know why am telling you this?
1) Eksu's medicine will get accredited sooner or later.. I think the highest class for now is part 3, before they graduate they will get accredited.
2) I am very conversant with OAU, Medicine and Dentistry are as competitive as hell.. So have you asked yourself this question.. What if something happens and I don't get admitted?.. And OAU is not nice at all if you are 1point short of the cutoff they will just 'throw' you into any course either in the biological sciences or physical sciences.
3) With the amount of experience you have gained in the PD, you should be able to blast both JAMB and IFE's crazy post jamb while still in EKSU..

Please note, although the quality of the school matters sometimes, it is the course and the fulfillment you derive from what you are studying that matters most.
I have friends that couldn't get into med in Nigeria but went as far as Ukraine(despite the harsh weather conditions, racism, et_al) in pursuit of their dreams.. So my bro, Take the medicine in EKSU first.. You might just be lucky and cross back to IFE through your UTME..
I hope this little piece of mine helps.. Cheers smiley smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 23, 2012
@ Amb fitsaint
Ekiti state is one of the most serious states in NIGERIA as far as education is concerned. I can assure you that the accreditation will come through in due time. As such, I advise you to accept the admission.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:00am On Dec 24, 2012
Uhuhuhuh......lagusta couldn't win...e pain me ooo..anyway,its all fun!!...keep d good work up lagusta.....

Jossy4luv won d election because he did different campaigns going 4rm one thread to anoda....i believe dat's what we can't be doin.!!medics are pple of integrity!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 6:47am On Dec 24, 2012
Dr.'Hesjay:
Uhuhuhuh......lagusta couldn't win...e pain me ooo..anyway,its all fun!!...keep d good work up lagusta.....

Jossy4luv won d election because he did different campaigns going 4rm one thread to anoda....i believe dat's what we can't be doin.!!medics are pple of integrity!!

how far Dr. Hesjay, hope u're totally prepared and completely equipped to conquer ur challenges of gaining admission into med this yr. I've been kind of busy here in akoka, thnk God 4 d festive break.
Even if Lagusta didn't win, to me he is still the best academic poster of d yr. A medic of gr8 valour and zest.
A true unjuxtaposable CHAMPION.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 24, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

how far Dr. Hesjay, hope u're totally prepared and completely equipped to conquer ur challenges of gaining admission into med this yr. I've been kind of busy here in akoka, thnk God 4 d festive break.
Even if Lagusta didn't win, to me he is still the best academic poster of d yr. A medic of gr8 valour and zest.

Hullo bro @Dr_gboy, how you?.. Hope you finding Lag interesting ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 24, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

yes boss....am more than ready to face d challenge,..although,i become more afraid the more i think about what might happen nxt year...anyway,i believe God's will shall nt pass me by..
I received ur reply on facebook..thanx so much!!
How we go do xmas now..na u i dey luk unto oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.