Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,988 members, 7,806,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1821945 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by amulet: 6:01pm On May 27, 2016
Good evening great minds pls I would like to know more abt cardiology .....dats d aspect of medicine I intend to specialize in am still an aspirant though BT pls how does one become a cardiologist.....thanks in advance
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 6:17pm On May 27, 2016
Been awhile here. Dr. Lagusta diary gave a ringed back.Greetings to you all.Dr. Dearpiriye,I sight u.Charleymed,gideonomachs,I lay low,Millex,I eye u and I've been seeing this name "jemmiee" all thru.,I hail ma and to the rest of the like minds,I dobale.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 7:16pm On May 27, 2016
Micsnazzy:
@Jemmiee....please how many years in summation will it be after obtaining my B.sc Anatomy and still go into Medicine...altogether bro
anatomy=4yrs+nysc(1year)(depending on your school, in Unical, you wait for one year before going for nysc) (+1year)+direct entry(4years) =10/9years depending on your school.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 7:18pm On May 27, 2016
Drdonzeez:
from your comment,I can see determination all over you.I wish you the very best.meanwhile,When did you graduate from Anatomy?
Thanks, I'm determined ooo. Nothing will stop me. 2014/2015 session.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 7:19pm On May 27, 2016
labodinho:
Been awhile here. Dr. Lagusta diary gave a ringed back.Greetings to you all.Dr. Dearpiriye,I sight u.Charleymed,gideonomachs,I lay low,Millex,I eye u and I've been seeing this name "jemmiee" all thru.,I hail ma and to the rest of the like minds,I dobale.
lool... Ai hail you too.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Micsnazzy(m): 7:34pm On May 27, 2016
@Jemmiiee...na u qat brain sure pass here...send me ur contact, mine is 08145909797
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 7:47pm On May 27, 2016
jemmiee:
anatomy=4yrs+nysc(1year)(depending on your school, in Unical, you wait for one year before going for nysc) (+1year)+direct entry(4years) =10/9years depending on your school.
@bolded... I thought MDCN was yet to agree to that, and last I checked, number of years and curriculum for med students is still determined by MDCN

Juz sayin', so you don't build your hopes up and have it torn down later on
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 7:52pm On May 27, 2016
Micsnazzy:
@Jemmiiee...na u qat brain sure pass here...send me ur contact, mine is 08145909797
This statement thoundecided…… smtin bout it feels totally wrong
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 8:02pm On May 27, 2016
Donpre:

@bolded... I thought MDCN was yet to agree to that, and last I checked, number of years and curriculum for med students is still determined by MDCN

Juz sayin', so you don't build your hopes up and have it torn down later on
Abi o. Yea right. Lol... Ai don't still know why mdcn wasn't consulted before they made that announcement public. Just there giving peeps high hopes
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 8:03pm On May 27, 2016
Micsnazzy:
lol Dat kind tin. Lol.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Micsnazzy(m): 8:15pm On May 27, 2016
please dudes! are you guyz saying direct entry into Medicine after B.sc Anatomy isn't possible or what??
Please I need ur ideas urgently.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 8:20pm On May 27, 2016
jemmiee:
lool... Ai hail you too.

Thanks missy...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by harrysterol(m): 8:28pm On May 27, 2016
jemmiee:
jammiee don't paint UNICAL black I also graduated from unical and never spent upto a year before going for service I spent less than 4months after the date I finished my final exams, unical won't keep u waiting if u don't have result issues
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by harrysterol(m): 8:30pm On May 27, 2016
Micsnazzy:
please dudes! are you guyz saying direct entry into Medicine after B.sc Anatomy isn't possible or what??
it's possible n feasible
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 8:34pm On May 27, 2016
Micsnazzy:
its possible dude...we're talking about something else
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Micsnazzy(m): 8:37pm On May 27, 2016
@harrysterol...please how many years will the B.sc Anatomy and Medicine be altogether.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Micsnazzy(m): 8:39pm On May 27, 2016
Ok @ donpre....tell me d best University I can qo for Medicine in Nigeria after Anatomy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 8:46pm On May 27, 2016
jemmiee:
Abi o. Yea right. Lol... Ai don't still know why mdcn wasn't consulted before they made that announcement public. Just there giving peeps high hopes
I feel its for the best, basic medicine science would include basic knowledge of all three musketeers, Biochem, Anatomy and physiology... throwing an anatomist, physiologist or biochemist into a clinical scene could be catastrophic[in the Nigerian scene]. I feel NUC was tryna copy the american curriculum, without considering the level of knowledge a basic medical science graduate would have acquired.

#MyOpinion #PlzDon'tChopMyHeadOffgrin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 8:47pm On May 27, 2016
Micsnazzy:
It's very possible
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 8:49pm On May 27, 2016
harrysterol:
jammiee don't paint UNICAL black I also graduated from unical and never spent upto a year before going for service I spent less than 4months after the date I finished my final exams, unical won't keep u waiting if u don't have result issues
smh... Smh... You spent less than four months, anyway, it depends on your department and your exam officer. ai don't argue on social media. Please go to anatomy department, Unical and ask if any 2014/2015 set of graduates have gone for service. Ai will appreciate your reply, thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 8:53pm On May 27, 2016
Donpre:

I feel its for the best, basic medicine science would include basic knowledge of all three musketeers, Biochem, Anatomy and physiology... throwing an anatomist, physiologist or biochemist into a clinical scene could be catastrophic[in the Nigerian scene]. I feel NUC was tryna copy the american curriculum, without considering the level of knowledge a basic medical science graduate would have acquired.

lool what I'm ai chopping ur head for? Lol
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 8:53pm On May 27, 2016
Micsnazzy:
Ok @ donpre....tell me d best University I can qo for Medicine in Nigeria after Anatomy
on what category; lecturers? teaching hospital? equipments? achievements(completed surgeries)?undecided

dude its hard to tell, so go with whichever your mind chooses, or do a comprehensive research and then choose... buh bear in mind tho, the school doesn't make you the best doctor, it only makes you a better doctor

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by harrysterol(m): 9:06pm On May 27, 2016
Micsnazzy:
@harrysterol...please how many years will the B.sc Anatomy and Medicine be altogether.
if the new proposed MDCN works it's 4+4=8 if not it's always 4+5=9
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by harrysterol(m): 9:07pm On May 27, 2016
jemmiee:
smh... Smh... You spent less than four months, anyway, it depends on your department and your exam officer. ai don't argue on social media. Please go to anatomy department, Unical and ask if any 2014/2015 set of graduates have gone for service. Ai will appreciate your reply, thanks.
if your exam officer or department is ineffective don't make it look like the whole school is ineffective my 1kobo
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Micsnazzy(m): 9:09pm On May 27, 2016
Okay...do you know about Anatomy @ FUTA
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Micsnazzy(m): 9:14pm On May 27, 2016
and also what did you mean by "newly proposed MDCN" please @ harrysterol
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by harrysterol(m): 9:29pm On May 27, 2016
Micsnazzy:
and also what did you mean by "newly proposed MDCN" please @ harrysterol
NUC 7yrs approved method
http://www.medicalworldnigeria.com/2015/11/nuc-approves-seven-year-four-year-mbbs-bds-program-in-new-minimum-academic-standards#.VkDPyH6rSUk

Read here
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Micsnazzy(m): 9:39pm On May 27, 2016
alright...thanks very much
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 9:43pm On May 27, 2016
harrysterol:
if your exam officer or department is ineffective don't make it look like the whole school is ineffective my 1kobo
noted. But it seems like you're not in terms with the recent happenings in our Alma Mater.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 10:36pm On May 27, 2016
Donpre:

Even in American system, they do basic med science for two years before proceeding to clinical for two years. Note that their clinical facilities are optimal for learning unlike nigeria where everyone's out to get you. The older medical professionals need to be nicer and more approachable
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 10:39pm On May 27, 2016
jemmiee:
It's very possible
If Zoology nd Mcb can so can Anat nd all
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 10:40pm On May 27, 2016
Labodinho I sight you, ow market

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.