Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,447 members, 7,781,296 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:57 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1807118 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (903) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Hugo55(m): 1:30pm On Jul 22, 2016
Hello everyone! Am so happy for this thread.

Please how is direct entry (DE) exams been done.
I mean the questions the school set are they base on the first degree one obtained. Or how! Pls DE students into MED and SURG, should help.
Thanks....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 9:23pm On Jul 22, 2016
[quote author=Hugo55 post=47784153]Hello everyone! Am so happy for this thread.

Please how is direct entry (DE) exams been done.
I mean the questions the school set are they base on the first degree one obtained. Or how! Pls DE students into MED and SURG, should help.
Thanks.[/quote
Mostly like putme

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by buharisbae(f): 11:33pm On Jul 22, 2016
This thread has been quiet for weeks now everybody let's turn up grin tongue
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Da12: 11:54pm On Jul 22, 2016
Hi, fellow Nairalanders am in a phase, I need your advice;
If you were given admission (unconditional offer) to do Masters in Health Science in the UK for one year and your enrolment date is 09th September 2016 and your programme start date is 30th September 2016.
Tuition fee is £12000 = 4.8M Naira
Country Bursary is £1000 = 400k
Total Fee due is £11000 = 4.4M Naira
Estimated Living Cost is £1015 per Month = 406k per Month

To accept your unconditional offer, you’re expected to pay a minimum non-refundable deposit of £5500 = 2.2M Naira to reserve a place on the programme.
The Scholarship programme you were looking up to is on hold (till no date given).

All you have is 1.1M Naira. Your expecting 1.1M from your family but it’s on probability. After looking for a Job in Abuja, haven’t found one.
Your major challenge for Visa Requirements is a Bank Statement with minimum balance of 9M Naira. How will you get yourself sorted out with Brexit wahala in UK and Foreign Exchange wahala in Nigeria and age not being on my side!

I will be much grateful if you can advice me or help me out of this phase.
For special advice email: pleasesolution@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Hugo55(m): 11:42am On Jul 23, 2016
[quote author=Millex post=47797112][/quote]
Thanks millex. Are you a direct entry medical student?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by cremeconsult: 1:34pm On Jul 23, 2016
ADMISSION, ADMISSION, ADMISSION!!!

Opportunity is here for you to gain admission. INTERIM JOINT ADMISSION MATRICULATION BOARD offers admission into 200level into the University. It is an A'level programme organised by ABU Zaria which runs for a period of 9months. Have you lost hopes? Dont!!! IJMB is the alternative.

The programme runs 9months and thereafter students obtain a DE form of the university of there choice. The programme is worthwhile as it aquaint and prepare students to face the challenges in the universtiy. Interestingly, all you need to get registered is an O'level result. Its is important to note that IJMB result is valid for 4years unlike JAMB. Admission is sure for you with IJMB!!! REGISTER NOW.

For more information.. Please contact us on 08038581375, 08180445997 or 08077386508.. You can also visit our website for more information...www.cremeeduconsult.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 9:44pm On Jul 23, 2016
Hugo55:

Thanks millex.
Are you a direct entry medical student?
Yh, tho some schools don't write exams sha
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Igzhbt(m): 12:04am On Jul 24, 2016
Hi, is there any info for direct entry applicants yet. Am applying for MBBS at OOU.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Hugo55(m): 5:06am On Jul 24, 2016
Millex:
Yh, tho some schools don't write exams sha
Ok. Thanks a lot.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 24, 2016
Igzhbt:
Hi, is there any info for direct entry applicants yet. Am applying for MBBS at OOU.
am a medical student at OOU... did u write the post utme?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 6:50pm On Jul 25, 2016
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 8:06pm On Jul 25, 2016
okay guys I'm back with a question

How is it possible that a pregnant woman in her third trimester (in fact few days to giving birth) that was diagnosed to be hyperglycemic, had a baby that was hypoglycemic
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ikevin(m): 7:10am On Jul 28, 2016
Donpre:

How is it possible that a pregnant woman in her third trimester (in fact few days to giving birth) that was diagnosed to be hyperglycemic, had a baby that was hypoglycemic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ikevin(m): 7:15am On Jul 28, 2016
Dbrainiac1:
Read everything, thank me later. smiley
exactly it is MBBS my guy, read it all from back to back, it would all definitely be a hit when they paste proceed list.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 8:43am On Jul 28, 2016
ikevin:
exactly it is MBBS my guy, read it all from back to back, it would all definitely be a hit when they paste proceed list.
All the best in ur exams sir, wise you the best of the best
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 8:43am On Jul 28, 2016
ikevin:
All the best in ur exams sir, wish you the best of the best
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 9:09am On Jul 28, 2016
ikevin:
Good day at all members in the house, been a while I've been active #1stMB starting 2moro #Delsu. Straight to your question, the hyperglycemia in the mother would natural cause increased insulin secretion from her pancreas, insulin most likely passed through the placenta and entered the baby's circulatory syatem, insulin's activity is to lower blood-glucose level, since the insulin released from the mother would be in excess, therefore the hypoglycemic condition in the baby.
1. Insulin produced by the mother would act first in the maternal system hence, your claim would make the mother normoglycemic; Only if the mother is insulin-resistant would this not happen... 2. You have to consider substances that cross the placental membrane. Insulin doesn't cross the placental membrane. grin grin cheesy

How question would be well answered by considering glucose transport across the placental membrane. The transporters are defective and since glucose can only go via facilitated diffusion, crossing of glucose is affected.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 11:33am On Jul 28, 2016
ikevin:
Good day at all members in the house, been a while I've been active #1stMB starting 2moro #Delsu. Straight to your question, the hyperglycemia in the mother would natural cause increased insulin secretion from her pancreas, insulin most likely passed through the placenta and entered the baby's circulatory syatem, insulin's activity is to lower blood-glucose level, since the insulin released from the mother would be in excess, therefore the hypoglycemic condition in the baby.
I thought of this too, buh then according to my source, the pregnant woman was directed by a doctor to take insulin, if she did(she didn't), wouldn't that kill the baby (following your logic of insulin crossing the placenta barrier)

By the way, Good luck on ur MB! Go show em who's boss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 5:57pm On Jul 28, 2016
ikevin:
Yeah. And so it is, a hit back to back. Result was released last week and yes! I made it. Truly, hardwork pays. #Unto 1st MB cool

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 28, 2016
Donpre:

How is it possible that a pregnant woman in her th hyperglycemic, had a baby that was hypoglycemic
i think this is what happens----blood from d hyperglycemic mum passes thru the placenta but hormones which control glucose homeostasis do not cross d placenta.The foetus produces its own glucose regulating hormones.Long term exposure to hyperglycemia leads to high increase in insulin secretion (hyperinsulinemia) in the fetus to decrease blood sugar .At birth, the constant supply of hyperglycemic blood is removed while hyperinsulinism remains thus causing hypoglycemia. Hyperinsulinism does not cease immediately at birth because it is an endocrine process and so response is slow and the effect is for a long time. Hypoglycemia in newborns (not infants)can last until the 3rd hour after birth after which blood sugar level rises spontaneously perhaps after the effect hyperinsulin is over.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 7:07pm On Jul 28, 2016
Dbrainiac1:
Yeah. And so it is, a hit back to back. Result was released last week and yes! I made it. Truly, hardwork pays. #Unto 1st MB cool
Congrats bro, better days ahead sir

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 7:15pm On Jul 28, 2016
Millex:
Congrats bro, better days ahead sir
Thanks sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 8:28pm On Jul 28, 2016
nice one catal, that is totally plausible

@millex, what happened dude? thought you were gonna murder that question

@Dbrainiac1... Congrats sir!.. I didn't get your post tho? did you just pass your 1st MB?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 8:46pm On Jul 28, 2016
Donpre:

@Dbrainiac1... Congrats sir!.. I didn't get your post tho? did you just pass your 1st MB?
Thanks. Nope. I passed my 200 level exams, will be writing my 1st MB in 8 months time
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ikevin(m): 9:49pm On Jul 28, 2016
Oh sorry for the toxic, mehn dats how we learn!!!! True, insulin should not cross since it isn't lipophilic! But the hyperglycemic blood induces the baby's pancreas to secrete insulin beyond its normal level...more ideas should be added, y'all better talk o, dem fit fire me this question for viva. Y'all better reply. #Cheers #Anatomy 2moro #1stMB #Delsu #Success
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 2:50am On Jul 29, 2016
ikevin:
Oh sorry for the toxic, mehn dats how we learn!!!! True, insulin should not cross since it isn't lipophilic! But the hyperglycemic blood induces the baby's pancreas to secrete insulin beyond its normal level...more ideas should be added, y'all better talk o, dem fit fire me this question for viva. Y'all better reply. #Cheers #Anatomy 2moro #1stMB #Delsu #Success
grin
Where are the founding fathers, reply ikevin o abeg make this question no go be like film for exam, cum go jam am@ no 1
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 7:38am On Jul 29, 2016
Donpre:

Bros no forgot say I be aspirant, the question pass me oh.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 9:35am On Jul 29, 2016
Dbrainiac1:
Thanks. Nope. I passed my 200 level exams, will be writing my 1st MB in 8 months time
congrats.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 11:03am On Jul 29, 2016
Dbrainiac1:
that's nice... congrats again, looking forward to seeing you ace the upcoming MB exams. Keep it real sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (903) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: Damson22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.