Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1822784 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vicmed1(m): 11:45am On Jun 19, 2017
Kaycee2016:

thanks bro
can i pls hav ur whatsapp number.
i am not active on whatsapp you can add me on facebook, my facebook id is okolo victor ekene
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kaycee2016: 12:27pm On Jun 19, 2017
vicmed1:
i am not active on whatsapp you can add me on facebook, my facebook id is okolo victor ekene
av sent u friend request
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 19, 2017
dolapo74:
Is it possible t6 get mbbs in oau through DE?
it depends on your grade and course
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by snave007(m): 8:24pm On Jun 19, 2017
Wow I'm glad this thread has survived this long. Craniosacral greetings to everyone.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jossyjoel16: 11:25pm On Jun 19, 2017
Donpre:

now that's an idea... nice one
thanks a lot
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Trinity33(m): 6:59am On Jun 20, 2017
morn all.... please can anybody hlp me with a link to download pdf of paediatric ( especially big amd small nelson), o and g and community medicine textbooks.... would really appreciate, tnks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hellohgy(m): 1:40pm On Jun 20, 2017
pls do oau uses only five subjects in olevel like ui for screening or all our olevel subjects for screening??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GabrielFemiFemi(m): 6:36pm On Jun 20, 2017
Maths C4
Eng C4
Chemistry C5
Physics C6
Biology C5
JAMB SCORE-244
COURSE-MBBS
What are my chances of gaining admission into UNILORIN??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 20, 2017
hellohgy:
pls do oau uses only five subjects in olevel like ui for screening or all our olevel subjects for screening??
OAU used 8 last year.... No one knows the modality that'll be used this year.
But it'll be better if one uses his/her school's last year's modality to know his/her chances.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Maley95: 10:30am On Jun 21, 2017
MBBS hmm
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2017
Maley95:
Eng B3 Maths A1 Chemistry B3 Physics B3 biology B3
UTME: 255

What are my chances of securing MBBS admission into Olabisi Onabanjo University. Pls reply ASAP thanks great docs!
if sure N indigine ooo u are very good to go
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Maley95: 11:37am On Jun 22, 2017
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:12am On Jun 23, 2017
Maley95:
I'm not an indigene. What are my chances?
I CNT say buh I think u still stand a chance
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by fayded(m): 8:27am On Jun 23, 2017
hey guys,I'm a medical student just as you guys pc2.
my younger sister is too,but she is in pre-med,absu(abia state university,uturu).
however,they closed d portal before she could be able to pay her fees.In absu,u pay all your fees at once,that is a total of 232,000.now she is stranded,because jamb has already been written and she has no hope.
but I was able to meet some people in d system and they agreed to work us through d backdoor(register my sister by opening d portal without the school noticing ),as in runs.
the money they are asking for is 100,000.my parents managed to save that 232,000 but d 100k was just too much.we even took loans to complete it 232,000.
please any help that anyone can offer to us would be much appreciated pls.
she wrote jamb 3 times before getting it on merit and now she is about to lose it,just because of financial issues..
pls help ur fellow medical student.any amount is not too small.thanks guys

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Paulfish: 12:23pm On Jun 23, 2017
anyone with an idea please how much is the school fees In Gombe State University for MBBS Students ~both indegine and non-indegine ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tboiszwag(m): 11:31pm On Jun 23, 2017
Docphil:
thanks boss I don't know where he got them... the man hardly speak out... we are really getting it hot here @oba awon uni
dr Arayombo
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by gbemi01(f): 11:59am On Jun 24, 2017
pls wat are my chances,i scored 257 and had threeB2 and twoB3,MBBS oau and lasu as 2nd choice,non indigene.thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Stephaustin(m): 4:41pm On Jun 24, 2017
lomaxx:
Finally, let me mention that the smartest people that get admission to study medicine usually don't become the smartest in medical school.

Good day doc.
I have been trying to reach you through mail without success. Please, I have issues(very important to me) related to medicine in UNIUYO that I would like to discuss with you, since you graduated from there.

Please, I would like to know any other better way to contact you.
Thanks for your anticipated reply.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chike1147: 6:24pm On Jun 24, 2017
fayded:
hey guys,I'm a medical student just as you guys pc2.
my younger sister is too,but she is in pre-med,absu(abia state university,uturu).
however,they closed d portal before she could be able to pay her fees.In absu,u pay all your fees at once,that is a total of 232,000.now she is stranded,because jamb has already been written and she has no hope.
but I was able to meet some people in d system and they agreed to work us through d backdoor(register my sister by opening d portal without the school noticing ),as in runs.
the money they are asking for is 100,000.my parents managed to save that 232,000 but d 100k was just too much.we even took loans to complete it 232,000.
please any help that anyone can offer to us would be much appreciated pls.
she wrote jamb 3 times before getting it on merit and now she is about to lose it,just because of financial issues..
pls help ur fellow medical student.any amount is not too small.thanks guys
guy u mean absu pay 232k for fees ? is much o
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chike1147: 6:31pm On Jun 24, 2017
MissParagon:

Both levels, but transfer from 200l is more attainable. Minimum req, a cgpa of 4.5

mma is it possible to transfer from biochem to any medical related courses like radiography, medlab or medrehab?? unizik
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 12:37am On Jun 25, 2017
chike1147:

mma is it possible to transfer from biochem to any medical related courses like radiography, medlab or medrehab?? unizik
If unizik is the skul u re referring to, then, YES.. U can change.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chike1147: 3:18pm On Jun 25, 2017
ISISs:
If unizik is the skul u re referring to, then, YES.. U can change.
yea is unizik thanks for the reply i appreciate

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by okechukwucharles(m): 5:38pm On Jun 25, 2017
please my fellow docs please I need ur help, I was given physiology in unizik and my dream course was medicine so am trying to ask how easy this COC issue is and weda if it still existing in unizik?? please if yes wat CGPA will I be targeting for me to apply. ur reply will be highly appreciated

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GreatHorizon: 6:48pm On Jun 25, 2017
AUGUST BATCH ADMISSION IN PROGRESS!!!

ADDMISSION In PROGRESS!!! PHILIPPINES
APPLY NOW!!!
With low /affordable tution fee.
No need for JAMB ISSUES... No strike.
Worldwide Educational standard recognised
Highest production of competent Nurses.
Admission is On for 2017/2018 !!!
COURSES!
Doctor of Medicine (freasher 6 years , with bsc in any medical courses , 4years)
Doctor of Dental Medicine =6years
Doctor of Optometry
Nigerian RN upgrade to BSN Nursing = 18Months
BACHELOR DEGREE PROGRAM
Pharmacy = 4years
Medical Laboratory science=3years/6months
BSN Nursing/Midwifery=4years
Radiology=4years
Physical Therapy=4 years
Chemical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Mechanical Engineerin
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Civil Engineering
Computer Engineering(software / Hardware Engineering)
Computer Science
Biology
Psychology
Criminology
Law
Architecture
Hotel Management
Tourism
Travel Management
Political Science
Business Admin
Mass Communication
Entrepreneurship
Accountancy
Information Technology
English
Nutriution
MASTER PROGRAM
Masters in Public Health
Masters of Art of Nursing
Masters in Public Admin
Masters in Business Admin
Masters of Art of Education
DOCTORATE PROGRAM
Doctor of public addministration .
Doctor of Education
Doctor Of Philosophy
Doctor of Business Admin.
Admission Requirements: ( Bachelor Degree)
1. 5 O'Level credit passes
2. No entrance exam
3 record of transcript (optional)
CONTACT
what'sapp/Call 08094566790 or
Call +63 9270254399

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by esivue007(m): 11:58am On Jun 26, 2017
im re posting dis again....pls whr can a physiologist work in dis naija or can a physiology student cross in to 200lv medicine in lasu?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 9:31pm On Jun 26, 2017
[color=#000000][/color]
okechukwucharles:
please my fellow docs please I need ur help, I was given physiology in unizik and my dream course was medicine so am trying to ask how easy this COC issue is and weda if it still existing in unizik?? please if yes wat CGPA will I be targeting for me to apply. ur reply will be highly appreciated
Sir, first of all.. It ws wise u accepted physiology.
Now, to the root.
Changing from bms to medicine is nt that easy in unizik as so many student wants to change also to what u are vying for..
Wat distinguishes u from them is ur c.g.p.a onces u have a very high c.g.p.a against others u are competting with (that is to say, unizik pick from the highest cgpa to the point they need, if they need just 4, then they'll pick the best 4 cgps only) if u fall among the best u'll be seleted amongst the few unizik myt need depending on the slots availaible.

After that phase, n u are selected, be ready with the sum of 100k+.
Hope this helps?

[b][/b]Do well to represent ur school by visiting..
https://www.nairaland.com/3776228/nnamdi-azikiwe-medical-students-aspirants
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ccsJaga: 3:26am On Jun 27, 2017
Good morning to you all first of all I want to thank the wonderful person or persons that created this wonderful thread and more so to thank all people here present on this platform. Also I want to thank the cosmic host for letting me discovered this platform because I strongly believed that my long years question about medicine and surgery will b fully death with.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ccsJaga: 3:37am On Jun 27, 2017
,is being long I wanted to study this course(medicine and surgery) but as God will have it I secured a well paid federal job after my NCE now haven't secured a job I wanted to pursue this childhood ambition my question now goes thus
1. I want to ask which one is better between direct entry and jambite for admission?
2.am thinking of going through direct entry to b candid I just want to obtain part time form at federal university of Agriculture here in Abeokuta now my question is this which course will they consider for direct entry to study medicine between microbiology,biochemistry,biology,chemistry

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 10:54am On Jun 27, 2017
ccsJaga:
,is being long I wanted to study this course(medicine and surgery) but as God will have it I secured a well paid federal job after my NCE now haven't secured a job I wanted to pursue this childhood ambition my question now goes thus
1. I want to ask which one is better between direct entry and jambite for admission?
2.am thinking of going through direct entry to b candid I just want to obtain part time form at federal university of Agriculture here in Abeokuta now my question is this which course will they consider for direct entry to study medicine between microbiology,biochemistry,biology,chemistry
My brother . Go for BCH.

Y nt go through jamb also..yur slot is not limited to one.. U can do the both sir.

To me.. Jamb is the surest and fastest route to medicine if u can score 300+
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ccsJaga: 11:08pm On Jun 27, 2017
ISISs:

My brother . Go for BCH.

Y nt go through jamb also..yur slot is not limited to one.. U can do the both sir.

To me.. Jamb is the surest and fastest route to medicine if u can score 300+
My brother thank you very much for taking ur time to address my problem but pls sir I want to ask sir are u trying to say dat there is more probability or chances for those that study BCh(biochemistry) than other science course for direct entry to medicine based on ur experience so far sir

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 28, 2017
somebody should advise me pls...I chose delsu as my second choice and got 295 in the last jamb aspiring for med and surgery...using the point system used by the sch, my total was 60 which is higher than the minimum point of 55.. my question is this will I be on a safer side if I change delsu to my first choice owing to the competitive nature of admission in Uniben which is my first choice ..I'm from delta also. thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by brostch(m): 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2017
You will definitely be on the safer side if u switch to DELSU, which is ur state University. But with ur jamb score, I think u also stand a good chance of securing admission in UNIBEN if ur O'level is ok.
All the best. Currently a 100l med student in ABU, Zaria.
komemarz:
somebody should advise me pls...I chose delsu as my second choice and got 295 in the last jamb aspiring for med and surgery...using the point system used by the sch, my total was 60 which is higher than the minimum point of 55.. my question is this will I be on a safer side if I change delsu to my first choice owing to the competitive nature of admission in Uniben which is my first choice ..I'm from delta also. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.