Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1822490 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dolapo74: 6:09pm On Jul 18, 2017
Can I use Bsc biochemistry to get Mbbs in UNN?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ikes9(m): 6:32pm On Jul 18, 2017
davbravo:
Yes, it's compulsory...you can get yours from the Secondary school you graduated from....

oh okay
Thanks for replying tho
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ejis2100: 6:37pm On Jul 18, 2017
dearpiriye:
in terms of pay and promotions, yes. Advice your friend to go ahead.

Please i want to know if uniben accepts second class lower for direct entry into medicine
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by goodman3(m): 9:40pm On Jul 18, 2017
Harrychuksx u have very good prognosis of getting admitted into medicine and surgery with the above score.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by goodman3(m): 9:42pm On Jul 18, 2017
Doctor miss u can apply for Medical laboratory science, radiology or human anatomy with that jamb score. 231
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jnichole(m): 11:35pm On Jul 18, 2017
goodman3:
I'm a 500 level medical student, I can help out with answers to some questions you have about medical school.
please can you help with soft copies of some txt books in physiology anatomy and biochemistry?my mail is okekenicholas10 @gmail. com thanks in advance
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by doctormmusa(m): 7:19am On Jul 19, 2017
goodman3:
Doctor miss u can apply for Medical laboratory science, radiology or human anatomy with that jamb score. 231
tanx i will try MLS
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by doctormmusa(m): 7:30am On Jul 19, 2017
The day of birth in my waec result certificate is defer with my original declaration of age what can i do? Is there any neco cetificate when u finish sec. School ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by harrychuksx(m): 9:54am On Jul 19, 2017
goodman3:
Harrychuksx u have very good prognosis of getting admitted into medicine and surgery with the above score.
Amen. thanks bro... believing God for finalizing everything....which uni are you how's the medsch going bro?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by harrychuksx(m): 9:57am On Jul 19, 2017
doctormmusa:
The day of birth in my waec result certificate is defer with my original declaration of age what can i do? Is there any neco cetificate when u finish sec. School ?
you can get an affidavit in respect to that.... the affidavit is a total different one from your declaration of age..moreover neco issues certificate too
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by goodman3(m): 10:57am On Jul 19, 2017
Jnichole calm down, the only textbook u will probably need is your last anatomy and Atlas. Just study your notebooks for bch and physiology
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 11:19am On Jul 19, 2017
dolapo74:
Can I use Bsc biochemistry to get Mbbs in UNN?
Sure. D.E (ur chance of admission will be high with a first class or second upper class
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dolapo74: 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2017
laryom1:
Sure. D.E (ur chance of admission will be high with a first class or second upper class
Thanks .Are you a unn student
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 1:11pm On Jul 19, 2017
dolapo74:
Thanks .Are you a unn student
UNILORIN, but DE requirements for federal universities are almost similar
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 4:11pm On Jul 19, 2017
I have been preparing for my final Unizik Prescience/remedial exams.
My waec is finally out Ooo..I bless God. Maths B2, Eng B3, Bio B3, Chem A1 and Phy C4. Jamb 307. My Civic education is D7. Hope it dosnt have an adverse effect.

Pls fellow mbbs aspirants, comment.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 4:27pm On Jul 19, 2017
ISISs:
I have been preparing for my final Unizik Prescience/remedial exams.
My waec is finally out Ooo..I bless God. Maths B2, Eng B3, Bio B3, Chem A1 and Phy C4. Jamb 307. My Civic education is D7. Hope it dosnt have an adverse effect.

Pls fellow mbbs aspirants, comment.
Nice one!... Forget civic, it's doesn't matter.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 8:35am On Jul 20, 2017
Donpre:

Nice one!... Forget civic, it's doesn't matter.
Uve always been a motivator.
With that red signature below ur monicker, I know its donpre talking via tis platform..
Thank u.
We are making it this year.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by adamsanchez: 8:56am On Jul 20, 2017
pls i need ur advice..am going for medsurge..utme score z 267 nd i av 5Bs in me relevant subjects...using ui mode of screening my average z 75.4% nd using unn mode, my aggregate z 292.2..pls where do u tink i stand a beta chance..am frm benue state which z an ELDS ..[ui cut 71% 4 ELDS last year]..bt dunno abt unn...tnx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 8:59am On Jul 20, 2017
adamsanchez:
pls i need ur advice..am going for medsurge..utme score z 267 nd i av 5Bs in me relevant subjects...using ui mode of screening my average z 75.4% nd using unn mode, my aggregate z 292.2..pls where do u tink i stand a beta chance..am frm benue state which z an ELDS ..[ui cut 71% 4 ELDS last year]..bt dunno abt unn...tnx
ELDS.. Thought u guys have BSU that is accredited for medicine. ?
Ny'way, u stand a better chance in UNN if nt moreeee in BSU.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ChucE(m): 9:02am On Jul 20, 2017
Hi guys. My name is Augustus. I just checked my waec results nd this is it below. Can I study medicine at UNI Ilorin. .
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 9:08am On Jul 20, 2017
ChucE:
Hi guys. My name is Augustus. I just checked my waec results nd this is it below. Can I study medicine at UNI Ilorin. .
Jamb score?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by adamsanchez: 9:18am On Jul 20, 2017
ISISs:

ELDS.. Thought u guys have BSU that is accredited for medicine. ?
Ny'way, u stand a better chance in UNN if nt moreeee in BSU.
..tnx bro..bt unn merit cutoff last year was 311 bt i dunno abt their ELDS cutoff
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 9:28am On Jul 20, 2017
adamsanchez:
..tnx bro..bt unn merit cutoff last year was 311 bt i dunno abt their ELDS cutoff
Bro, to be honest with u.. Wen it comes to medicine.. U need to be xtra sensitive.. Choose a school u knw u'll have higher chances. I had 307 B2 A1 B3 B3 C4 am from enugu yet I never chose UNN.. Eventhough my aggregate ws 316 higher than last years which ws actually 311 I still went for unizik rather, which has a lower cutoff every year to be sure.
In essense, u need to gv BSU a 2nd taught. Buh if u decide its unn its still ok.. Just pray. U banking on ELD basis donst hold even water.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 10:25am On Jul 20, 2017
ISISs:

Uve always been a motivator.
With that red signature below ur monicker, I know its donpre talking via tis platform..
Thank u.
We are making it this year.
I don't usually count my eggs before they hatch but I've got a good feeling about this year.... See you at the finishing line bro

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 10:37am On Jul 20, 2017
Donpre:

I don't usually count my eggs before they hatch but I've got a good feeling about this year.... See you at the finishing line bro
With the ryt lab coat on.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 10:55am On Jul 20, 2017
I was reading about neurocysticerosis(tapeworm infection of the brain) and something did quite seem right, even Google can't help... The question is, how does something as big as the larva of a tapeworm get past the BBB?

Also this quote from a website
This means that children born with HIV can live long enough to meet their grandchildren.

Someone should please help enlighten me. Infants are said to have a weak/underdeveloped immune system. If that is true, a child with HIV shouldn't last a year, at most two as they have no immunity or antibodies for most sicknesses. So how then could that statement be true?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 10:57am On Jul 20, 2017
ISISs:
With the ryt lab coat on.
I thought you already had a lab coat, what happened to it

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 11:13am On Jul 20, 2017
Donpre:

I thought you already had a lab coat, what happened to it
Hahahahaha... Nt again donpre..
So u truely knw me ?
That labcoat ws for Anatomy. "laughs hard"
U are too smart for my liking.

And hey, I knw u to be a girl, so stop using bro at the end of ur sentence.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 11:53am On Jul 20, 2017
ISISs:

Hahahahaha... Nt again donpre..
So u truely knw me ?
That labcoat ws for Anatomy. "laughs hard"
U are too smart for my liking.

And hey, I knw u to be a girl, so stop using bro at the end of ur sentence.
I've known for a while now, just thought it wasn't important revealing it..... So you were bluffing with oogway then abi?. I wish he could see this so round 2 can start.

By the way, you know wrong o... Maybe I'd add a (m) to my moniker to prevent such 'knowings'. I'm a and will always be a dude. I wonder what made you insinuating otherwise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 12:00pm On Jul 20, 2017
Donpre:

I've known for a while now, just thought it wasn't important revealing it..... So you were bluffing with oogway then abi?. I wish he could see this so round 2 can start.

By the way, you know wrong o... Maybe I'd add a (m) to my moniker to prevent such 'knowings'. I'm a and will always be a dude. I wonder what made you insinuating otherwise.
Lolss.. Omoh with another monicker, I dnt think I can hold Oogways talk. Lol can't stp laughn here wen I discovered u finally knew me all this while. Lols.. We all good. He ws too striking with his words n so I wouldn just let down with my mouth n allow him run my future down.. Moreover they were some of his lies I couldn't just take.. I miss him anyway.
He must have deleted his account.
#IamXlow.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 12:08pm On Jul 20, 2017
ISISs:

Bro, to be honest with u.. Wen it comes to medicine.. U need to be xtra sensitive.. Choose a school u knw u'll have higher chances. I had 307 B2 A1 B3 B3 C4 am from enugu yet I never chose UNN.. Eventhough my aggregate ws 316 higher than last years which ws actually 311 I still went for unizik rather, which has a lower cutoff every year to be sure.
In essense, u need to gv BSU a 2nd taught. Buh if u decide its unn its still ok.. Just pray. U banking on ELD basis donst hold even water.
unn's cutoff last year for medicine was 295 not 311.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 12:13pm On Jul 20, 2017
charleymed:

unn's cutoff last year for medicine was 295 not 311.
Bro, are u a med student in unn?
I saw it somewhere online to be 311.
It ws 2015 that unn gave their cutoff as 295..

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.