Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1822606 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 11:11am On Sep 24, 2012
it seems after applying for housemanship....you will be invited for a test and they will use the test.....or may be IM*which is always the case*
Lagusta:

Thanx 4 d info, will check out the site...

But, the MBBS degree is unclassified, how will they know who passed very very well....
it seems after applying for housemanship....you will be invited for a test and they will use the test.....or may be IM*which is always the case*
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 11:48am On Sep 24, 2012
ebsuguy: it seems after applying for housemanship....you will be invited for a test and they will use the test.....or may be IM*which is always the case*

What is IM
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 3:31pm On Sep 24, 2012
grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 4:58pm On Sep 24, 2012
u dy ask y?.....are u in nigeria or under niger?...IM means.......u know best
Lagusta:

What is IM
u dy ask y?.....are u in nigeria or under niger?...IM means.......u know best
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 5:13pm On Sep 24, 2012
ebsuguy: u dy ask y?.....are u in nigeria or under niger?...IM means.......u know bestu dy ask y?.....are u in nigeria or under niger?...IM means.......u know best

U r nt serious grin grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Danyl(m): 6:53pm On Sep 24, 2012
Lagusta:

I didn't get your question....
in regards 2d DE application,how many school choices r on d form 2fill in,n what is d green n white form for in d proces of applying through DE. Thanks 4taking ur time 2answer...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Danyl(m): 7:00pm On Sep 24, 2012
What does it take 2pass d MBBS exam @300l going to 400L clinicals,what are d steps involvd,kinda questions,whether MCQs/essay or both. Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2012
Danyl:
in regards 2d DE application,how many school choices r on d form 2fill in,n what is d green n white form for in d proces of applying through DE. Thanks 4taking ur time 2answer...

It is still the same 1st and 2nd choice....

But about the green and white form... I don't kno ooo, cos I m not a DE student, sorry... Maybe a DE student should answer you better.

BYEEE!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:13pm On Sep 24, 2012
Danyl: What does it take 2pass d MBBS exam @300l going to 400L clinicals,what are d steps involvd,kinda questions,whether MCQs/essay or both. Thanks

Depends on the school....

All the same.... All medical exams follow the same pattern: theory, practical and oral exams...

Theory could be MCQ, essay or both

Practical depends on the subject, and u kno oral exams nah... They ask a question and u answer to the best of your ability...

The best thing is to experience it yourself, so just get past questions and prepare hard, God will see u through....

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by opisco01(m): 10:40pm On Sep 24, 2012
I'm a DE aspirant of unilorin i applied through cambrigde A level with 14 points, i know i'ld make d 2nd list by God's grace. @lagusta wat level do u move to the teaching hospital at ilorin, i wana knw where u spent each year up unto d final year. Tanx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 10:45pm On Sep 24, 2012
opisco01: I'm a DE aspirant of unilorin i applied through cambrigde A level with 14 points, i know i'ld make d 2nd list by God's grace. @lagusta wat level do u move to the teaching hospital at ilorin, i wana knw where u spent each year up unto d final year. Tanx

Since you are a DE student, you will spend all years in the teaching hospital... 200 and 300L in the college at the back of the hospital and 400-600L in the hospital itself

WELCOME IN ADVANCE!!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 25, 2012
Which level will one start using stethoscope?.....do dental students use it?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by opisco01(m): 6:50am On Sep 25, 2012
Lagusta:

Since you are a DE student, you will spend all years in the teaching hospital... 200 and 300L in the college at the back of the hospital and 400-600L in the hospital itself

WELCOME IN ADVANCE!!!!!
Tanx...
1. How big is the teaching hospital or the teaching hospital college?
2. Is it far from d main campus i.e unilorin campus?
3. Is there any scholarship scheme for medical students?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:24am On Sep 25, 2012
afol4dam: Which level will one start using stethoscope?.....do dental students use it?

Where are those dental students

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:32am On Sep 25, 2012
opisco01:
Tanx...
1. How big is the teaching hospital or the teaching hospital college?
2. Is it far from d main campus i.e unilorin campus?
3. Is there any scholarship scheme for medical students?

1. The teaching hospital is ok, quite big, but well equipped... The college of health sciences is at the back of the teaching hospital... If I had some pictures I would hav sent them...

2. Yes, it is very far from the main campus, but I heard the university wants to build a link road between the two campuses...

3. There are many scholarship schemes e.g NNPC, state scholarships, etc, I am not into any though...
More info when u get to school, newspapers, online, etc
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 25, 2012
Lagusta:

Where are those dental students
......i don't get u.....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:18am On Sep 25, 2012
afol4dam: ......i don't get u.....

I don't kno whether they use sthetoscope, but we medics use it from our clinical years
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tufe(m): 10:01am On Sep 25, 2012
afol4dam: Which level will one start using stethoscope?.....do dental students use it?

Dental students also use steths during u junior posting, cause u do same posting as medics at that level. Even as a dentist, u still use a steth but maybe not to often, cause u also clerk patients before carrying out any procedure. During u cause of clerking, u may notice some abnomarlities that may require u probe further. So a steth is a necessary equipment for all health workers. In the US nurses and even Vet.docs use steth.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tufe(m): 10:03am On Sep 25, 2012
Seems like I didn't still answer your question. As a dental student, u get to start using a steth in ur 400L junior posting. At least that's the system in lasuth
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Superclem(m): 10:54am On Sep 25, 2012
@lagusta, pls, i nid u 2 shed more lyt on d housemanship, where can u do it? in ur teaching hospital or anywhere? and d payment, is it per month?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 11:25am On Sep 25, 2012
Superclem: @lagusta, pls, i nid u 2 shed more lyt on d housemanship, where can u do it? in ur teaching hospital or anywhere? and d payment, is it per month?

Housemanship starts when u hav finished med sxhool, and it can be done anywhere... The list of approved centres is found on the MDCN website www.mdcnigeria.org

The pay is attractive, and its per month, no complaints!!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jossyr(m): 12:11pm On Sep 25, 2012
hi docs,i am a 100L Medical student in delsu,w'r about writing our 2nd semester exams.
dy december,i'l be in 200L

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2012
tufe:

Dental students also use steths during u junior posting, cause u do same posting as medics at that level. Even as a dentist, u still use a steth but maybe not to often, cause u also clerk patients before carrying out any procedure. During u cause of clerking, u maybe notice some abnomarlities that may require u probe further. So a steth is a necessary equipment for all health workers. In the US nurses and even Vet.docs use steth.
......that's quite revealing...thanks...i'm very grateful
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 2:28pm On Sep 25, 2012
jossy r: hi docs,i am a 100L Medical student in delsu,w'r about writing our 2nd semester exams.

welcome to the club....am in 200L...EBSU med.stud....am starting my exams 2moro....so help me God
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 2:33pm On Sep 25, 2012
jossy r: hi docs,i am a 100L Medical student in delsu,w'r about writing our 2nd semester exams.

That's good, may God be with u!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by goodman3(m): 4:37pm On Sep 25, 2012
D
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jayone15(m): 4:57pm On Sep 25, 2012
dental students use sthetoscope like mad!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 6:14pm On Sep 25, 2012
Jeffbaba: Meehn am so so happy to be a medical student oo. I'm a very tall, handsome dude, with muscular body build too...i'm sure babes will go head over heels for me in med school. Even the nursing students and my fellow female medics. That name 'doctor' draws a lot of respect and admiration from everybody we encounter. @docs in the house what is ur social life like...are babes easier to get with the 'doc' status? Lets digress a little bit......at least there should be a fun side to the gruesome tasks we go through.

Bros, let's face fact!!! The word "doctor" is a real babe magnet!!! Jokes apart.

I work part-time in a private hospital, the female nurses are always eyeing me, one even wanted to sleep with me...

But as doctors, we have to be disciplined. We don't need ladies now. because when we start our housejob and the money starts spinning, women will come... Service nko, more ladies... Shey we will now ruin our lives because of 5minute enjoyment, while we are students, house officers and corpers??

Please, there is time for everything!!!

I have a lot of casual female friends, classmates, etc... And it ends there,,,,,,,

Hey, excuse me, I am not a pastor, or an alfa, I am just conversant about my future, which I hope u are too!!!!

CHEERS!!!!!

15 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 7:22pm On Sep 25, 2012
Jeffbaba: Meehn am so so happy to be a medical student oo. I'm a very tall, handsome dude, with muscular body build too...i'm sure babes will go head over heels for me in med school. Even the nursing students and my fellow female medics. That name 'doctor' draws a lot of respect and admiration from everybody we encounter. @docs in the house what is ur social life like...are babes easier to get with the 'doc' status? Lets digress a little bit......at least there should be a fun side to the gruesome tasks we go through.
in my school there is word used frequently...'the dream of every nurse is so marry a Doctor'.....nursing students chase medics like mad...i have advances coming from medical lab,even my fellow female medic....but as lagusta said....be focused...if not when u FAIL MB...u are on ur own ooo....the name go die for ur side

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:49pm On Sep 25, 2012
ebsuguy:
in my school there is word used frequently...'the dream of every nurse is so marry a Doctor'.....nursing students chase medics like mad...i have advances coming from medical lab,even my fellow female medic....but as lagusta said....be focused...if not when u FAIL MB...u are on ur own ooo....the name go die for ur side

Very very true.... If u fail your MB, the doc status is gone forever!!!!

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by opisco01(m): 8:19pm On Sep 25, 2012
u r a medical student in which uni?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by opisco01(m): 8:21pm On Sep 25, 2012
@lagusta
Ow is d social life in unilorin teaching hospital? Jst curious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.